Non-Profit Organization

Non-Profit Organization Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work
Senior Director/Web Admin (Current Employee), Varsity Lakes, QLDSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free t-shirt
Fun to work there because I can improve my communication skills and also we always have events for fun and gather every members together.
fun work place but very stressful to handle the victims
Executive Office Administrator (Former Employee), Artesia, CAAugust 12, 2014
Live life everyday as there is more in life to enjoy than sorrow
Very creative and fun environment
Vice President (Current Employee), margate flJuly 14, 2014
Its a group for Women that get together monthly to conduct different life changing activities and projects. This is something I currently volunteer my time and abilities. Our goal is to have a funded facility for women that are homeless or come from domestic violence to be able to stay there and us The women's hour volunteers to provide them with assistance – more... with their resumes help with the trauma etc. – less
Working for a great company!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2014
I personally loved working for this company. It had a great atmosphere and wonderful people.
A creation of my own
NPO President/Founder (Former Employee), Junction City, KSJune 25, 2014
A typical day: Planning and scheduling was done at the beginning of the month and then a few days in between of adjustments. I would monitor our social media, sometimes design graphics for flyers or promotional materials. Making phone calls or answering e-mails from the sponsors and other organizations like mine.

What I learned: I managed every aspect – more... of that organization and I've dealt with everything from defusing anger to banking issues- the greatest lessons come in threes. First: Always think before you speak, Second, Lead as you want followed (never ask anyone to do something that you wouldn't do) and Third, Sleep on every big decision.

Management: I was my own boss, sometimes management was lenient and sometimes management was terrible. Working for myself taught me how to balance my time wisely.

Co-Workers: We were all roller derby girls. Skaters are joined like a sisterhood, so we had our highs and lows like any other family, but that's what we were/are: a family.

Hardest part of the job: Defining when it was time for me to take off the "boss" hat and just be done for the day.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Watching each individual grow as skaters, individuals, and as leaders in the community. – less
Productive and Fun
Pet Sitter (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJJune 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no money
It was just me volunteering to do things in my community and most of all for my community.
President/Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 29, 2014
Youth-Teen is Non-Profit organization which helps newly arrived kids from refugee camps with homework assistance, after-school programs and cultural activities as a way of promoting their mutual understanding of diversity and interactions. We also do Basketball and Soccer to engage them in fun, physical fitness, enjoy playing in a team format with friends – more... and peers, and learn to become responsible adults. – less
Love working here
Secretary/Finances (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMay 15, 2014
Pros: great work inviroment
Cons: no monetary compesation
Working for this organization, but I do volunteer work for them. I need an income.
I enjoyed learing how Non-for-Profits benefits a community.
Retired Senior Volunteer Program as an intern (Former Employee), Rutland County United Way.April 15, 2014
I learn how important Non-Profit organizations are within a community and how important being a Board Member is to the stability of the Non-Profit Organization.
Rewarding
CFO (Current Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYApril 3, 2014
A rewarding place to work that I enjoy but have reached the limit for growth.
AAA
Principal Medical Physicist (Current Employee), MelbourneMarch 26, 2014
a new experience
big organization
new treatment facilities
Working with positvie people.
Supervisor (Current Employee), College Park, GAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: helping others that in need.
Cons: dedicating time for no income.
Great learning experience dealing with all types of cultures.
Learning more of Insurance Concepts
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co Pvt Ltd (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 6, 2014
Day to Day Challenging things were coming to meet the expectations.
Office Manager (Volunteer)
Volunteer (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 26, 2014
Handling incoming and out going calls, scheduling appointment, Arranging traveling schedules. Balance bank account and train additional volunteers. I learned how to be more organized. The hardest part of the job was to see people leave because they were not willing to do the hard work to get what they needed. The most enjoyable part was meeting need – more... people, and helping them. – less
very productve at times, winter months are slow for testing
HIV Counselor & Tester (Former Employee), Plainfield, NJFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: knowledge
although i wasnt not able to advance i think this is a great place to gain experience and knowledge in HIV/AIDS
A good place to work
Budget Analyst (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: money is tight
Good place to work, but tight in budget

Learn a lot

Co-workers are helpful

The hardest part is going by with belt tightened
Summer Camp teacher
Assistant to the executive assistant and manger (Former Employee), conyers , GaJanuary 4, 2014
activities with students while making sure they grow educational wise while continuing to have fun.
Learning how to become a great leader
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Robbins, ILNovember 8, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is be allowed to be both a leader and a team player.
no incentives unfair wages
Call Center Client Specialist (Former Employee), Whippany, NJOctober 28, 2013
Pros: trying to help people
Cons: no benefits, unfair wages to employees
A typical day at work was 50 to 60 calls per day, I learned how not to treat employees who gives their 110%. Management were deceiving to their employees and clients. My co-workers were the best group of people to work with. The hardest part of my job was deceiving people by giving them information/referrals pertaining to financial funding that they – more... knew wasn't available just to have a call volume. The enjoyable part of my job was to encourage people to be strong and to hold on even through the tough times, and not to give up on life to those whom wanted to commit suicide. Being able to talk someone out of committing suicide and make the decision not to give up on life was most REWARDING for me. That was the only thing that made this job worth me going in everyday. – less
Religious institution. President on voluntary basis. No compensation
President (Former Employee), Great Neck, NYOctober 2, 2013
Pros: chance to "give back" to my community.
Constant contact with various department heads to review operations and finance. Worked closely with Clergy to enhance spiritual aspects of institution. Feeling of accomplishment. Report to Board of Trustees.

About Non-Profit Organization

Our mission is to support Non Profit Organizations in their time of need, and work towards a greater good. We want to – Read more