Nokia Employee Reviews

No respect each other
Business Analyst (Audit Support) (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON28 March 2017
Racism is very high.
No flexibility on working hours.
Even no break time. only give 30min lunch unpaid
no meeting agenda but multiple meeting called
No management, empowerment
Not very enjoyable
Customer Service Representative / Data Inputter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 March 2017
Spent 3 months working for the company, unfortunately wasn't for me. Hours spent overnight form 8PM - 6:30AM were draining. Work itself was easy! Customer service is always enjoyable.
Cons
long hours, small pay for overnight
Depends upon the project you're in
Java Developer, Co-op (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 February 2017
overall a good company to work for. can work from home , provides work-Life balance. but this really depends upon your team
courses always available
Team Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON17 February 2017
Working on training documentation, answering phone call, email, web based requests from customers. hardest part is keeping communication lines open with management and back office
Productive and learning place
Customer Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 February 2017
great learning environment and great people to work with. Team was really great and helpful and always ready to help. Manager was really nice guy and back his team on every tough decision.
Telecommunication & Installation
Node B Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2017
Measured through output and the weather is not considered, too much pressure on work but feeling good when all job assign is finished successfully.
Pros
Compensated
Cons
Challenging long drive but fullfiled
Most reviews here are fake and false!
Long time employee (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 January 2017
Nokia, former Alcatel-Lucent, in Ottawa Canada is a typical foreign hitech company in Canada. The salaries are average for the Ottawa hitech market. The salaries have not been raised substantially in the past decade. There is no career path to management since the management is not in Canada. There is no training or career growth. It is run by a small number of local middle directors who are too old to go anywhere else so they blindly obey the corporate orders and put pressure on employees to deliver. There is a opaque non-transparent culture where the management never explains their decisions on salary ranges or employee hiring or firing. They keep bringing foreign workers on work visas from India and China instead of hiring Canadians and keep getting R&D tax credits from Canadian government. For the corporate executives sitting in foreign capitals it is all about Canadian R&D tax credits, cheap Canadian dollar, Canadian healthcare and a passive Canadian culture that keeps producing and does not complain.
Pros
It's one of few large hitech employers in Ottawa Canada
Cons
No career path or growth
Very interesting Job
Network Design Engineer (Qatar & South Africa) (Former Employee) –  Qatar18 January 2017
I got to work with different people from different back grounds with different work styles in which i learned a lot from. There were very few people in staff, which gave me the opportunity to work in different tasks that was outside my role which made it possible to polish my skills further.
challenging work environment when allowed to advance to that stage
Billing Operations Associate(A4) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 January 2017
Overall I enjoyed Nokia. I was fortunate to work on a very difficult customer group which included many different US counties, townships, cities, small businesses, etc. I love being able find solutions to problems, and with this type of customer group there were a great many challenges like this. In my position as team lead (A4) I was responsible for determining the best way to enter customer orders into our system so the customer could receive their products and services as they wanted it, but also so we could order and invoice within system limitations, US tax laws and US SOX laws as well. This was a constant challenge and it always felt very rewarding to find the solution.
Wonderful company to work for
Customer Service Engineer (Monitoring) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 December 2016
Nokia is a wonderful company to work for. It treats its emloyees with respect. It has got good management, and is fair to employees.
I enjoyed working for Nokia for several years. Too sad I had to end my employment with Nokia as I could not relocate the second time.
If opportunities arise, I would be more than happy to again work for Nokia.
Rebwar From Ottawa, Canada
Pros
Good management and employees are respected
Cons
Na
Productive Work Place
Pre Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canada1 September 2016
How you feel about the company is one of the more sensitive questions that an employer may ask you. In asking this question, the employer is able to evaluate your qualities in many fields. Therefore, different responses to this question will have drastically different effects on the employer's opinion of you, and may even have an influence on the final outcome of the interview.
Best work place environment
Customer Application Engineer - COOP (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON8 July 2016
I worked at Alcatel-Lucent in Ottawa as a coop in 2015 for four months. Compared to other workplaces, this was my favorite; everyone was very friendly, active, supportive and fun. I personally don't like quite workplaces, I like it when people talk to each other, have lunch together, ...etc. I learned a lot in those four months, both technical and soft skills.
Pros
Fun and cooperative environment
much further development
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  杭州市2 July 2016
The management is good, that's why it can still stand up in the telecommunication market. Have some work life balance and competitive salary compared to most local companies.
Fast paced with incredible atmosphere for balanced work life
Lab Operations and Support Technologist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 June 2016
- The work style and schedule is very flexible
- Provides me with opportunity to explore other field while accomplishing your tasks. I had the the opportunity to learn web development while dealing with network engineering issues.
- The management provided every resource needed to accomplish any given task.
- Colleagues are very fun to work with.
- The hardest part is getting up to speed and meeting deadlines.

- And most interestingly, the community of experts and professionals I met on daily basis, gave me the opportunity to build a solid network of people.
Fun working and very flexible
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2016
Very flexible
Good working environment
Working with different culture
Free lunch frequently.
Gym, tim hortons.
Overall, Liked working at alcatel
Pros
Overall good
Cons
No Cons
Fun workplace very flexible
Knowledge Base Web Developer - Part time (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2016
It was my first professional job at nokia. Overall, I liked it.
Very flexible.
No pressure.
Experienced working environment.
Pros
i Have learned so many things while working at nokia
Cons
I don't see any cons.
Great place to work - amazing people and fun projects
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2016
The best part about working for Nokia - formerly Alcatel-Lucent are the amazing people. Everyone is professional and great to work with. Lots of positive energy with the different teams. Great benefits also!
Relaxed environment , great benefits, minimal growth.
Software Designer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2016
Relaxed environment , great benefits, minimal growth.
good people, but overall lack of vision,
company was acquired by nokia.
Pros
Relaxed environment, great benefits
Cons
minimal growth, sold off to nokia
Helped engineer to solve customers’ issues
global technical support (Former Employee) –  600 march rd, ottawa, ON7 March 2016
Setup and configured network devices in a lab
Compared and analyzed Tec-support files of device to find the root cause of issue
Provide solutions and suggestions to the customers about their issues
Great workplace
Process and Application Deployment Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2016
Very balance company with clear vision and diversity.

Management allows employees to take initiative and implement ideas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nokia. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval