Nokia

Nokia Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great company to work
Sr. System Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAAugust 21, 2013
Culture is good, fairly comfortable and relaxed environment
Very challenging industry with opportunities to prove yourself
Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Fargo, NDMay 12, 2013
As a result of the changing marketplace, I have had a chance to learn all kinds of new things to solve problems and automate processes.
The coolest gadgets, most talented staff
Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 17, 2012
Pros: cool smartphones, great co-workers
Cons: highly competitive industry, long-term security
This is a great place to work. The people are friendly and supportive. I've learned lots about mobile phones and apps. The benefits are great and work/life balance is good. The environment is relaxed and people friendly. The best part is using the latest smartphones.
Good company
Quality Manager (Former Employee), Southwood OfficeNovember 15, 2012
Enjoyed all aspects until made redundant due to worldwide re-structure
Excellent working condition and culture. Work hours flexible. Physical fitness facilities available on work site. Office close to nature.
BlackTusk Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 30, 2012
Pros: people, workplace, in-house canteen offering healthy food. flexible hours. challenging work.
Cons: business is bad
Excellent working condition and culture. Work hours flexible. People are friendly and works very well in a team. Extended health care, bonuses, team incentives available. Physical fitness is encouraged. Well diversified races, with employees originated from more than 20 countries.
Great employer
Project Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 14, 2012
Fantastic compensation, Great Work-life balance, Moderately ok to grow depending on the site.
Project Manager, Hardware Development Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BC CanadaJanuary 9, 2012
Pros: good talent with immediate staff.
Cons: senior management lacked the forward looking, and closed the facility.
Great place to work and good work/life balance.
Great processes to develop products and testing/evaluation to ensure product maturity.
Awesome Place to Work
Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: many opportunities to learn something new
Cons: not enough growth potential
Working at Nokia was one of best experiences I have ever had working, the overall culture was phenomenal. In the beginning we started out small (Melbourne, Fl facility) 30-40 people, then we grew to well over 1000 employees, small building to a large repair facility.

Lots of talented individuals made up the team, technicians, engineers, management, – more... then you had the main Nokia management team that would visit from time-to-time. The always made you feel as though you were part of the family. – less
Great Culture, co-workers and values
Supply Chain Quality Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2014
Nokia had been a great company to work for. It gave me great opportunities for professional growth and to learn.
Unfortunately Nokia lost its touch with consumer needs. Stopping to support Symbian in 2011 and jump into Windows OS was a mistake that cost the company its presence on the consumer electronics and given away a huge percentage of market share. – more... Unfortunately, we lost revenue and could never recover.
I've always loved to work for Nokia. The best company so far I worked for. – less
Great Place
Sales Operations Manager (Former Employee), BeijingAugust 18, 2014
Good place to work but leadership and strategy messed up since 2011, seriously lack accountability, vision, focus.
Great people, Great company.
Calibration Technician Supervisor (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime.
Cons: it closed down
Loved this job! fast pasted, and great work environment.I would still be thier if the plant did not close down.
good life and work balance
R&D Software Specialist, SW Architect (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2014
strong process. respect individual, very good work culture.
European company culture
Senior Engineer II (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2014
Flexible working hours
Disciplined co-workers and management who followed rules and guidelines
Systematic working process enabled the work with high efficiency
Summary
Baseband Hardware Verification Project Lead (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2014
Learned about the Latest technology of the mobile platform, program, and product.
Great culture; unfortunate turn of events for cell phone business
Sr. Director (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2014
Great teamwork; very human. It was easy to be passionate. Top management let the cell phone business go to ruins. The best people I have ever worked with.
technical skills and creativity.
Ovi Account re-checks (Former Employee), DhakaAugust 4, 2014
Secure a challenging position within progressive organization, where I can utilize my technical skills and creativity. Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Very productive and supportive workplace
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Itasca, ILAugust 4, 2014
Pros: fun place to work, supportive management, located near my home
Cons: relocated to downtown chicago
Nokia was an excellent place to work. Management was very open and supportive. They implemented agile development processes and committed to them, even though there were some initial challenges in meeting goals. All of the coworkers shared common goals and enjoyed the work they were doing which contributed to a good working environment. The only reason – more... I left the job was because they relocated downtown and I was not willing to commute. – less
Productive and welcoming enviroment.
Assent Manger (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2014
The work environment is positive and welcoming. They have a very well balanced home and work life.
Contract Position
Project Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: short term project & too far from home.
Short-term contract position as project manager. Worked with overseas programmers. Kept budget updated and projected spending for overseas workers vs. domestic workers.
Fun to work on upcoming Technology
Platform Test Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2014
It was very Good learning curve for me to learn about Windows product and platform. I had previous experience in Android but working on Windows product made me more knowledgeable.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nokia

Nokia Corporation (Nokia) is engaged in the manufacturing of mobile devices and in converging Internet and communications industries. – Read more