Nokia Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Operations Supply Coordinator (Services) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 September 2017
It's very hard to advance or to climb the corporate
Constant changes and restructuring, you never know if you'll have a job from one month to the next.
Salary increase are based on regions and budget, don't expect to receive an yearly cost of living increase - doesn't happen
Workplace culture everyone is friendly and works greats as teams
Company is all about "WORK" life balance - lots of overtime without any lieu of days off or overtime pay exceptions
Benefits are great.
Good team; pleasant work environemnt
Hardware Designer (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON25 August 2017
Typical day was spent in the lab doing testing. Close-knit team. Very friendly and lots of technologies to learn. Kanata campus also hosted building-wide social events which were refreshing.
Technical professional, responsible for successfully planning and executing complex customer contract for large telecommunications providers.
Global Network Engineering Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 July 2017
- Running larger complex project interacting with customer leads, project sponsor, different internal business units, and senior management.
- Project delivery sucess requires dedication, focus, team collaboration and leadership support.
- The work environment was extremely fast with many hurdles and challenges to solve.
- Complete team effort support throughout the various business units.
- Major challenge maintaining resources to meet customer engagements and delivery schedules.
A veritable sweat shop with little hope
Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Kanata12 July 2017
Workplace culture is a big push for management but rarely do any of the day to day events reflect a desire for a better culture.

Company is full of infighting, backbiting and everyone looking out for themselves.

Salaries are never adjusted to meet the companies own baselines.

Benefits package is great.
Excellent work environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON25 June 2017
Great Great to work for. Positive environment to work for with great benefit package. Allowed me to work from home and provided all the tools necessary to complete all task. The company pushes personal growth and improvement.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Job security
No respect each other
Business Analyst (Audit Support) (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON28 March 2017
Racism is very high.
No flexibility on working hours.
Even no break time. only give 30min lunch unpaid
no meeting agenda but multiple meeting called
No management, empowerment
Not very enjoyable
Customer Service Representative / Data Inputter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 March 2017
Spent 3 months working for the company, unfortunately wasn't for me. Hours spent overnight form 8PM - 6:30AM were draining. Work itself was easy! Customer service is always enjoyable.
Cons
long hours, small pay for overnight
Excellent place to work, learn, and grow one's skillset.
Software Verification Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON26 February 2017
Nokia (formerly Alcatel-Lucent) is a great place to work.
The IPD (IP Division) in particular is an excellent place to work:
- There are lots of opportunities to learn and grow one's skills.
- There are lots of brilliant people, willing to help out.
- The benefits package is excellent.
- Most managers are very flexible in terms of accommodating different work hours.
Pros
Great place, great benefits, great people.
Cons
Salary increases are hard to come by.
Depends upon the project you're in
Java Developer, Co-op (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 February 2017
overall a good company to work for. can work from home , provides work-Life balance. but this really depends upon your team
courses always available
Team Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON17 February 2017
Working on training documentation, answering phone call, email, web based requests from customers. hardest part is keeping communication lines open with management and back office
Productive and learning place
Customer Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 February 2017
great learning environment and great people to work with. Team was really great and helpful and always ready to help. Manager was really nice guy and back his team on every tough decision.
Telecommunication & Installation
Node B Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2017
Measured through output and the weather is not considered, too much pressure on work but feeling good when all job assign is finished successfully.
Pros
Compensated
Cons
Challenging long drive but fullfiled
Most reviews here are fake and false!
Long time employee (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 January 2017
Nokia, former Alcatel-Lucent, in Ottawa Canada is a typical foreign hitech company in Canada. The salaries are average for the Ottawa hitech market. The salaries have not been raised substantially in the past decade. There is no career path to management since the management is not in Canada. There is no training or career growth. It is run by a small number of local middle directors who are too old to go anywhere else so they blindly obey the corporate orders and put pressure on employees to deliver. There is a opaque non-transparent culture where the management never explains their decisions on salary ranges or employee hiring or firing. They keep bringing foreign workers on work visas from India and China instead of hiring Canadians and keep getting R&D tax credits from Canadian government. For the corporate executives sitting in foreign capitals it is all about Canadian R&D tax credits, cheap Canadian dollar, Canadian healthcare and a passive Canadian culture that keeps producing and does not complain.
Pros
It's one of few large hitech employers in Ottawa Canada
Cons
No career path or growth
Very interesting Job
Network Design Engineer (Qatar & South Africa) (Former Employee) –  Qatar18 January 2017
I got to work with different people from different back grounds with different work styles in which i learned a lot from. There were very few people in staff, which gave me the opportunity to work in different tasks that was outside my role which made it possible to polish my skills further.
challenging work environment when allowed to advance to that stage
Billing Operations Associate(A4) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 January 2017
Overall I enjoyed Nokia. I was fortunate to work on a very difficult customer group which included many different US counties, townships, cities, small businesses, etc. I love being able find solutions to problems, and with this type of customer group there were a great many challenges like this. In my position as team lead (A4) I was responsible for determining the best way to enter customer orders into our system so the customer could receive their products and services as they wanted it, but also so we could order and invoice within system limitations, US tax laws and US SOX laws as well. This was a constant challenge and it always felt very rewarding to find the solution.
Wonderful company to work for
Customer Service Engineer (Monitoring) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 December 2016
Nokia is a wonderful company to work for. It treats its emloyees with respect. It has got good management, and is fair to employees.
I enjoyed working for Nokia for several years. Too sad I had to end my employment with Nokia as I could not relocate the second time.
If opportunities arise, I would be more than happy to again work for Nokia.
Rebwar From Ottawa, Canada
Pros
Good management and employees are respected
Cons
Na
Productive Work Place
Pre Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canada1 September 2016
How you feel about the company is one of the more sensitive questions that an employer may ask you. In asking this question, the employer is able to evaluate your qualities in many fields. Therefore, different responses to this question will have drastically different effects on the employer's opinion of you, and may even have an influence on the final outcome of the interview.
Best work place environment
Customer Application Engineer - COOP (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON8 July 2016
I worked at Alcatel-Lucent in Ottawa as a coop in 2015 for four months. Compared to other workplaces, this was my favorite; everyone was very friendly, active, supportive and fun. I personally don't like quite workplaces, I like it when people talk to each other, have lunch together, ...etc. I learned a lot in those four months, both technical and soft skills.
Pros
Fun and cooperative environment
much further development
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  杭州市2 July 2016
The management is good, that's why it can still stand up in the telecommunication market. Have some work life balance and competitive salary compared to most local companies.
Fast paced with incredible atmosphere for balanced work life
Lab Operations and Support Technologist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 June 2016
- The work style and schedule is very flexible
- Provides me with opportunity to explore other field while accomplishing your tasks. I had the the opportunity to learn web development while dealing with network engineering issues.
- The management provided every resource needed to accomplish any given task.
- Colleagues are very fun to work with.
- The hardest part is getting up to speed and meeting deadlines.

- And most interestingly, the community of experts and professionals I met on daily basis, gave me the opportunity to build a solid network of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nokia. Our community is ready to answer.