Nokia

Nokia Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good team environment
On-Device Media Delivery Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 17, 2013
Love to work with people who can organize their work and prioritize their tasks.
great company to work
Sr. System Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAAugust 21, 2013
Culture is good, fairly comfortable and relaxed environment
Very challenging industry with opportunities to prove yourself
Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Fargo, NDMay 12, 2013
As a result of the changing marketplace, I have had a chance to learn all kinds of new things to solve problems and automate processes.
The coolest gadgets, most talented staff
Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 17, 2012
Pros: cool smartphones, great co-workers
Cons: highly competitive industry, long-term security
This is a great place to work. The people are friendly and supportive. I've learned lots about mobile phones and apps. The benefits are great and work/life balance is good. The environment is relaxed and people friendly. The best part is using the latest smartphones.
Excellent working condition and culture. Work hours flexible. Physical fitness facilities available on work site. Office close to nature.
BlackTusk Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 30, 2012
Pros: people, workplace, in-house canteen offering healthy food. flexible hours. challenging work.
Cons: business is bad
Excellent working condition and culture. Work hours flexible. People are friendly and works very well in a team. Extended health care, bonuses, team incentives available. Physical fitness is encouraged. Well diversified races, with employees originated from more than 20 countries.
Great employer
Project Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 14, 2012
Fantastic compensation, Great Work-life balance, Moderately ok to grow depending on the site.
Project Manager, Hardware Development Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BC CanadaJanuary 9, 2012
Pros: good talent with immediate staff.
Cons: senior management lacked the forward looking, and closed the facility.
Great place to work and good work/life balance.
Great processes to develop products and testing/evaluation to ensure product maturity.
Good job to learn
Hadoop data management intern (Former Employee), BurlingtonOctober 24, 2014
- I got a chance to learn HADOOP, which was a major advantage.
- Very supportive team and work culture
Good company as long as it stays in the business
Manager/Program Manager, Test Engineering (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great 401k compensation. relaxed work enviorment
Cons: job security after being acquired by microsoft
Used to be great company with relaxed working environment. Great 401K compensation with decent base pay.
Excellent job environment and a lot a trainning available.
PQE (Product Quality Engineer) (Former Employee), Reynosa, MexicoOctober 21, 2014
Excellent job environment
Good skilled team work
Opened doors management administration.
Good to work for
SI (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: nothing
Good to work for life time.. I wish to work for Nokia some day as i am working as external here. Good learning and good feedback.
Selling Nokia Brand Handsets
Sales Promoter (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: full time job
My work was selling Nokia handsets to the customers it was a tough task but i was able to achieve my given task at any point of time, it was the hardest job in my life but i was able to achieve it, as many competition brands were there, but still able to do.
Good compancy to work with and gain more knowledge
Telecom_CM Engineer (Current Employee), Chennai, TNOctober 17, 2014
Learnt lots of stuffs and technical knowledge
Become a strong person to manage group of engineers in a team
Its all a moot point now
Product Quality Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: not sure, microsoft laid me off after acquisition
Cons: future success of windows mobile os is questionable
Nokia was a great place to work, as long as business success is not important to you ;-) San Diego site had excellent R&D talent, able to execute great products. Too bad our platforms were commercial dogs (Symbian and Windows). Other problem was limited local advancement due to lack of growth. Now this group is under Microsoft, and upper management – more... has all changed for the worse. – less
I use to enjoy my work.
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Former Employee), Jalandhar, PBOctober 10, 2014
Pros: bonus for good work.
Cons: no holidays for festivals.
Work place was good. co-workers were cooperative and we use to work as a good team.
Work offers greater individual responsibility and also provides experiences for advancement
Project Implementation Manager (Former Employee), Philippines and Nokia Global project officesOctober 7, 2014
Work offers individual responsibility for the role being undertaken.
Dealing with all kinds of people, interfacing with various entities and provision of experiences for advancement.
A place for opportunity and growth
Material Project Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 6, 2014
It was a good work environment, which made up for the workload. I acquired my experience in the Supply Chain with opportunity to do almost anything I was qualified to do. A good group of people work there. The hardest part was the need to communicate, on a regular basis, internationally. It could lead to late night meetings and communications.
Good Company
Commincation Tower Tech (Former Employee), AtlantaOctober 6, 2014
No complaints about Nokia just didnt like my position there.
All the freedom without micro-management
Senior Quality and Development Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2014
Nokia was a matrixed organization giving experienced employees much freedom and autonomy to get the job done. Travel was accepted if there was a business reason. middle management was competent. No back stabbing here, everyone was expected to carry their weight. When you need a break, the pool table and Ping-Pong table was free.

Overall, the best company – more... I worked with but unfortunately, some bad decision made by executive management changed all that. – less
Very fair and well funded, work life relationship was excellent
Data Center, SharePoint, Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 2, 2014
If it was not for the end of like of the software product I was supporting we would all still be there. 11 years was a good run. Enjoyed everyday.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nokia

Nokia Corporation (Nokia) is engaged in the manufacturing of mobile devices and in converging Internet and communications industries. – Read more