Noble Employee Reviews

A fast-paced environment
Order Picker/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON3 July 2017
A typical day at work would be using the Combi-Lift forklift to unload a minimum of 2 full 53' long trailers of 10, 12 and 21 feet long pipe. Completely everything required from checking the load to emailing the vendor that we have received your shipment. I learned a lot about different forklift use there. The Combi-Lift was a great experience to learn and drive as it is not as common as regular forklifts in a warehouse. Management could have been more product and employee focused. Examples would be: products left outside that are weather sensitive. Actually having the weekly or even monthly one on one reviews with employees that was told was supposed to happen. The workplace itself on a good day where thing flow is great. The hardest part would be when product comes early, late or unscheduled but driving the Combi-Lift to take care of balanced it out since gets the job done. It really is the most enjoyable part of the day, using the Combi.
Pros
Weekly BBQ during the summer
Cons
Unscheduled product coming in.
Warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON3 January 2017
Received, unloaded and unpacked merchandise
Maintaining and cleaning the building
Deliver outstanding customer service, exceed expectations
Resolved customer issues and answered queries
Progressive and forward thinking company
Outside Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC17 October 2016
Noble is a growing company in the industry with a great mindset and support team,

The Management team is working together to build a successful company and great company culture
Pros
Growing and open to new ideas
Cons
initial promises not coming true
Bad management
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 October 2016
Over worked with no help
Learned more about wndows appellation
Management sees and hears only what they want
Great and helpful coworkers
The hardest part of my job was dealing with management/supervisor
The most enjoyable part was doing my job to the best of my ability
Productive and continuous learning
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 March 2016
I've learned a lot in plumbing and hvac products when i got promoted in receiving and my hardest part of my job is to staying late (4 am) until the order is done. My enjoyable part of my job is putting away the product, time goes past.
normal
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2016
Had some challenges
Good people
not very keen and adaptable to change
implementing many lean manufacturing guidelines, improving their throughput by 45%
Pros
able to work from home from time/time
Cons
always on call
Great company while still under RONA....
Driver/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ontario14 January 2016
I was with Noble before they were tragically sold after the departure of Nobles Founder. I witnessed first hand the slashing of jobs off our 401 Fleet at a direct cost of customer service. Orders wrong all the time. Faulty equipment. Very frugal on safety equipment.( straps, proper transportation vessels for Dangerous goods, SNOW TIRES) Only when an accident happened was anything ever done. I've even seen employees told to backdate paperwork that was needed all of a sudden cause an auditor was en route. Some employees could do no wrong, others couldn't sneeze without reprimand. Not my circus anymore though. Of course i hesitate to paint all Noble as bad, but there has been a big change from what it was. That being said, don't take my word for it. Nothing like first hand experience.
Pros
My team was amazing. great customers. free coffee.loved my job.
Cons
"management", empty promises
Enjoyable workplace and enjoyable colleagues
Information Technology Department (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON19 October 2015
Unique challenges and opportunities everyday. Company has undergone a number of changes over the years, both positive and negative. Have learned a lot and enjoyed the experience and friendships that company has offered me.
Pros
colleagues, technology, experience
Cons
politics
The HR team and the Payroll team were exceptional to work with
Senior Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  ontario21 July 2015
A typical day in the HR dept was a busy and sometimes stressful but completely professional. The Senior Director of HR was supportive and in tune to the needs of the employees of the company and her direct reports. I learned a lot from her on how to maintain professionalism but also treat people with compassion and kindness.
I worked directly with the payroll team and many days were long ones into the wee hours of the morning. But we were all dedicated to each other and dedicated to processing each payroll on a timely basis and with accuracy. The hardest part of the job was the long hours away from family but I enjoyed seeing my co-workers every day.
Pros
The employees
Good co-workers
Counter/Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Ottawa2 July 2015
Starting at Don Park LP, and moving into Noble during a fairly smooth transition allowed me to learn firsthand what it means to be a good HVAC distributor.

I work with many employees who have knowledge and integrity in the way they do their job.

Easily said, the best part of Noble are the people who make it what it is.
worst company I have ever work with. I want to rate this company with no star if i have a choice.
order picker (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON17 June 2015
-warehouse is very dirty and dusty, products and shipments are everywhere

-lack of warehouse supplies all the time, this week out of boxes, next week we are out of packing bags, then next month out of pallets. This kind of warehouse operation behaviour at some company your get fired long time ago, but all three shifts distribution
managers are still working there nice and sound.

-lack of warehouse equipments, forklifts and RF scanners are always short, funny thing is they keep hiring workers during the summer.

-they don't really care how you pick your orders, all they care is orders are being picked and ready to go

-every summer, noble hires whole bunch of students to help out in the warehouse, most of them have friend and family working at noble.
They just fool around in the warehouse to get pay, nobody cares if they do the picking right or not because they go back to school on September anyway, can't really fire them because they have family members working at noble (protected)

-unfair pay scale: student pickers get one pay rate, regular pickers get one pay rate and temporary workers from employment agencies get different pay

-not salary increase for the last two years, never pay me sick days and vacation pay.

-workers had accidents every year, dangerous warehouse to work at
-some people get promoted very quick (like 4 months) and some people will never get promoted (like over 5 years)

-some smartas* developed an order picking method called "zone pick" instead of 1 or 2 pickers to pick 1 order, now we have 4 to 6 pickers picking the same order, more
  more... time is wasted to complete the order, waste more warehouse supplies (boxes and tape) and shipper now havs to spend more time to find all the shipments, put them together and load them to the trucks. Customer instead of getting two skids of shipment, now he/she is getting 10 bundles, 15 bags and 40 boxes of shipments. For sure customer is very happy for that.

-did some non sense stuff, built a cage to lock up all the RF scanners at one building, but the things is the cage never lock up, everyone has access to it and all pickers need to get battery for their RF scanner (note: battery chargers are located inside the cage)
Funny thing is no cage at another building and at the receiving area even those locations are dock with all scanners and batteries

-the person who gives out orders don't know what he is doing, orders need a forklift he will give it to the the person using a cart

-management keeps telling you to work safe, at the same time they expect you to pick more. If you could produce 100, next week they expect you you to produce 150, if you could make it then next day would become 200, never never satisfy.

-lots of unreasonable policies
Pros
very good playground for students (or anyone) to f*ck around with pay
Cons
way too many, can not list them all.
avis
Operateur de machine à imprimer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 July 2014
- préparation de machines, vérification de production, etc
-compagnie bien gérée
Pros
ambiance amicale
Cons
pas de perspective