Noble Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and continuous learning
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 29, 2016
I've learned a lot in plumbing and hvac products when i got promoted in receiving and my hardest part of my job is to staying late (4 am) until the order is done. My enjoyable part of my job is putting away the product, time goes past.
Great company while still under RONA....
Driver/warehouse (Former Employee) –  OntarioJanuary 14, 2016
I was with Noble before they were tragically sold after the departure of Nobles Founder. I witnessed first hand the slashing of jobs off our 401 Fleet at a direct cost of customer service. Orders wrong all the time. Faulty equipment. Very frugal on safety equipment.( straps, proper transportation vessels for Dangerous goods, SNOW TIRES) Only when an accident happened was anything ever done. I've even seen employees told to backdate paperwork that was needed all of a sudden cause an auditor was en route. Some employees could do no wrong, others couldn't sneeze without reprimand. Not my circus anymore though. Of course i hesitate to paint all Noble as bad, but there has been a big change from what it was. That being said, don't take my word for it. Nothing like first hand experience.
Pros
My team was amazing. great customers. free coffee.loved my job.
Cons
"management", empty promises
Enjoyable workplace and enjoyable colleagues
Information Technology Department (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONOctober 19, 2015
Unique challenges and opportunities everyday. Company has undergone a number of changes over the years, both positive and negative. Have learned a lot and enjoyed the experience and friendships that company has offered me.
Pros
colleagues, technology, experience
Cons
politics
The HR team and the Payroll team were exceptional to work with
Senior Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  ontarioJuly 21, 2015
A typical day in the HR dept was a busy and sometimes stressful but completely professional. The Senior Director of HR was supportive and in tune to the needs of the employees of the company and her direct reports. I learned a lot from her on how to maintain professionalism but also treat people with compassion and kindness.
I worked directly with the payroll team and many days were long ones into the wee hours of the morning. But we were all dedicated to each other and dedicated to processing each payroll on a timely basis and with accuracy. The hardest part of the job was the long hours away from family but I enjoyed seeing my co-workers every day.
Pros
The employees
Good co-workers
Counter/Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  OttawaJuly 2, 2015
Starting at Don Park LP, and moving into Noble during a fairly smooth transition allowed me to learn firsthand what it means to be a good HVAC distributor.

I work with many employees who have knowledge and integrity in the way they do their job.

Easily said, the best part of Noble are the people who make it what it is.
worst company I have ever work with. I want to rate this company with no star if i have a choice.
order picker (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONJune 17, 2015
-warehouse is very dirty and dusty, products and shipments are everywhere

-lack of warehouse supplies all the time, this week out of boxes, next week we are out of packing bags, then next month out of pallets. This kind of warehouse operation behaviour at some company your get fired long time ago, but all three shifts distribution
managers are still working there nice and sound.

-lack of warehouse equipments, forklifts and RF scanners are always short, funny thing is they keep hiring workers during the summer.

-they don't really care how you pick your orders, all they care is orders are being picked and ready to go

-every summer, noble hires whole bunch of students to help out in the warehouse, most of them have friend and family working at noble.
They just fool around in the warehouse to get pay, nobody cares if they do the picking right or not because they go back to school on September anyway, can't really fire them because they have family members working at noble (protected)

-unfair pay scale: student pickers get one pay rate, regular pickers get one pay rate and temporary workers from employment agencies get different pay

-not salary increase for the last two years, never pay me sick days and vacation pay.

-workers had accidents every year, dangerous warehouse to work at
-some people get promoted very quick (like 4 months) and some people will never get promoted (like over 5 years)

-some smartas* developed an order picking method called "zone pick" instead of 1 or 2 pickers to pick 1 order, now we have 4 to 6 pickers picking the same order, more
  more... time is wasted to complete the order, waste more warehouse supplies (boxes and tape) and shipper now havs to spend more time to find all the shipments, put them together and load them to the trucks. Customer instead of getting two skids of shipment, now he/she is getting 10 bundles, 15 bags and 40 boxes of shipments. For sure customer is very happy for that.

-did some non sense stuff, built a cage to lock up all the RF scanners at one building, but the things is the cage never lock up, everyone has access to it and all pickers need to get battery for their RF scanner (note: battery chargers are located inside the cage)
Funny thing is no cage at another building and at the receiving area even those locations are dock with all scanners and batteries

-the person who gives out orders don't know what he is doing, orders need a forklift he will give it to the the person using a cart

-management keeps telling you to work safe, at the same time they expect you to pick more. If you could produce 100, next week they expect you you to produce 150, if you could make it then next day would become 200, never never satisfy.

-lots of unreasonable policies
Pros
very good playground for students (or anyone) to f*ck around with pay
Cons
way too many, can not list them all.
avis
Operateur de machine à imprimer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2014
- préparation de machines, vérification de production, etc
-compagnie bien gérée
Pros
ambiance amicale
Cons
pas de perspéctive