- Dispatch and supervise drivers operating from the Langley Distribution Centre.
- Plans and coordinates routing and dispatch of all drivers for all deliveries and pick-ups for the Langley Distribution Centre with a goal of 100% on-time delivery and pick-up performance.
- Works in close conjunction with Shipping Supervisor to ensure all orders are coordinated for on time delivery and all inbound shipments are planned and communicated with Receiving Supervisor.
- Have the ability to be flexible and work extended hours as required.
- Supervise all drivers operating from the Langley DC. Ensure all driver shifts are planned to
maximize customer service and fleet usage.
- Track delivery/pick-up performance with an objective of continuous improvement.
- Ensure driver’s daily pre-trip inspections are completed thoroughly.
- Ensure drivers maintain housekeeping of company equipment is accordance with company policy.
- Monitor and record driver attendance.
- Report all driver disciplinary situations as required.
- Review driver’s performance and participate in annual driver reviews and future recruiting interviews.
- Plan and coordinate the use of approved third party carries as required.
- Conduct weekly driver meetings and record meeting minutes of same.
- Work with Ops Support to coordinate fleet service and repair work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Regional Operations Manager.
- Works closely with and coordinates all delivery and pick-up functions with Shipping and Receiving Supervisors.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience dispatching at least 250 jobs per day in the Greater Vancouver and Fraser Valley area.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
- Familiar with BC Commercial Vehicle Regulations (CVSE) and Work Safe BC Regulations.
- TDG certification an asset.
- Experience with a computerize dispatch system is an asset.
- Experience with the construction industry would be an asset.
- Experience with Trend, TWL and Nuway an asset.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (Barnes & Noble) is primarily engaged in the sale of books. The Company's principal business is the sale of tra...