No Frills Employee Reviews

NoFrills
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB7 November 2015
It is a very demanding job if you are not use to the physical labour. I enjoy how it is ran and find the owners are wonderful. I've felt welcomed since I started there and sadly had to leave due to moving
high volume, fast pace
Full Time Positions (Current Employee) –  brighton ont25 October 2015
dealing with the public is so exusting and so rewording at the same time, can be repetitive and exciting at the same time very eventful, never no what days like.
Great Place Great Staff
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB25 October 2015
Very fun and relaxing place to work, Learned plenty to take with me to new choices of work in life. I enjoyed my time working for this company
Small town feel in the City
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 October 2015
A typical day at work is all about the people I serve, often I am told, "You are always smiling", I tell them, it's my nature!!! I've learned that you can always find something extra to do for your clients. I am very privileged to have worked with management and senior staff over a long period of time, we can count on each other for professional support. The hardest part of the job will always be handling customer dissatisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I take care of.
Pros
Clients and Staff
Cons
Long times on your feet.
Great place to work.
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB14 October 2015
a great place to work, i gained more experience here then anywhere else i have worked. i started as a part timer, and within three months i was promoted too a full time key holder. Management always handed me the ball when i asked for it, and encouraged me to run as far as i could with it as well making me feel as part of the family .
fun place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE8 October 2015
this was a great job for after school, kept my weekdays busy and allowed me to gain customer service experience. My boss was great and was very understanding anytime i needed time off for tests
The hardest part of the job would have to be being around alot of perople i didnt know and had to teach them how to it right.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa. Ont29 September 2015
Had to make sure everyone was keeping up to the quota and I was responsible for the paper work . I had to make sure everyone was wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) looked after about 10 -15 people.
Pros
Night job
Cons
Usually very slow except when online
Productive and Amusing work environment
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON28 September 2015
A typical day at work would be re-stocking the produce items; as well as moping the floors and picking up fallen produce items. I learned a lot at No Frills, I am now able to tell you about any fruit or vegetable you would like to know about.I also further developed my social and customer service skills. At No Frills the staff works very well as a team.The hardest part of working at No Frills was remembering bar-codes to tell the cashiers. The most enjoyable part of the job was bonding and helping the customers.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not very many shifts
Great employment opportunity
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2015
This job gave me lots of customer service experience and allowed me to work in a team environment as well as independently. I was given many opportunities to work in different departments as well.
Nightshift is hard work and adjusting to the schedule is also a difficult task.
Nightshift staff (Former Employee) –  Vaughan10 September 2015
After a few days of working, i was thinking about quitting and luckily a few of my friends were hired as well and we tried our best to be positive and get the job done
Pros
Play music over P.A speaker
First job.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Ont.8 September 2015
No frills was an okay place to work for a student, Considering it was my first job things were a little difficult in the beginning. A month after starting there was new management coming into place and it was very difficult to adjust with all the chances in such short time. There wasn't many hours available since since so many people were hired all at once. Throughout it all the owner was a great person! He tried to make us enjoy the time we were working.
Pros
great coworkers, friendly customes
Cons
not enough hours
Good people to work with
Cashier, Kingston (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON7 September 2015
working with customers
working with cash
dealing with difficult customers
repetition
the staff is mostly friendly and nice
Cons
working all weekends
Stocker
Stocker/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  markham1 September 2015
Receive shipments and restock dairy department. This job was enjoyable I was always busy and the staff was amazing. The hours were good and the work/life balance was as well.
was a good place to work, friendly people.
Grocery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 August 2015
would work there again if in a different location, closer to home. worked for loblaws prior to this so it wasnt anything new only thing that was different was that it was in a city 3 provinces away from home.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
distance from home
Fun Workplace
No Frills Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2015
I enjoy working here a lot. I've been at this location for almost 4 years and feel like everyone is my family in here. My co-workers are one of the reasons why I go to work so i enjoy working in a team. The hardest part of the job is probably dealing with customers who don't think that you don't know what youre doing.
grave yard shift
stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 August 2015
typical day you get to work at 11 o clock at night to 7 30 in the morning
learned how to use a pallet jack
management was not to great had nice people but you could tell they didn't want do much
co workers were great they make the day go by fast cause u actually
enjoying being around them
hardest part of the job was that it was from 11 pm - 7 30 am
the most enjoyable part was that people
Pros
easy
Cons
bad hours
fun workplace with great supporting staff
Stock Boy (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 July 2015
had a a great time stocking the shelves of the store while helping out customer problems in finding an item or specific section of the store.

management was super friendly and always eager to help or answer any of my questions
Pros
generally simple job description
Cons
hours were short
fun place to work, lots of cash handling
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 July 2015
Cash handling, operate cash register, memorize code of merchandize, customer service, help with co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to interact with customers.
Great friendly work atmosphere
Bookkeeper/ Front end supervisor (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 July 2015
I loved working at No Frills. It was fun and open, everyone tried to help everyone else and it was a very comfortable family oriented feeling. I got hired on with almost no experience to be a bookkeeper/ front end supervisor. I got taught how to close, balance tills, do closing, manage the front end. Thanks to the patience and dedication of my management team I enjoyed my time there very much.
Pros
Great open and friendly learning enviroment
Cons
long hours, climbing flights of stairs to the second store office at least 20 odd times daily
flexable place to work.
Customer service/Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 July 2015
very flexible hours. nice people. equal opportunity employer. great for part time work. It's nice working with lots of different people. Sometimes dealing with customers can be difficult, but most of the time its very good.

2.8