No Frills Employee Reviews

Great friendly work atmosphere
Bookkeeper/ Front end supervisor (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 July 2015
I loved working at No Frills. It was fun and open, everyone tried to help everyone else and it was a very comfortable family oriented feeling. I got hired on with almost no experience to be a bookkeeper/ front end supervisor. I got taught how to close, balance tills, do closing, manage the front end. Thanks to the patience and dedication of my management team I enjoyed my time there very much.
Pros
Great open and friendly learning enviroment
Cons
long hours, climbing flights of stairs to the second store office at least 20 odd times daily
Fun work place, fair lunch break
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2014
Learning transactions with credit card, debt cards, as well as vouches. Starting off at minimum wage. Dealt with customer care. Communications skills is a must. Building relationships with customers, and problem solving is key. There is no benefits, or discounts.
Pros
Not having to bag items
Cons
Hires only part time
Flexible Hours
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
Has flexible hours...people are great to work with. Need to be somewhat strong and well organized.Management could be better but overall great place to work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough hours
My Day
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 January 2016
A typical day would include cashing customers out at the register, help stock shelves and helping customers with anything they need.

I enjoy the people I work with & find management to be fair.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly atmosphere I have at work.

The hardest part of the job is the fact I'm standing for a majority of my day.
Pros
Friendly Atomsphere
Cons
The Commute
Enjoy working there!
Cashier, customer service, and store maintenance (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL20 March 2016
The day goes by quickly as the environment is usually fast paced. The staff are all very friendly and willing to help you out with anything! The customers are great as well, you get to socialize with every customer during each transaction !
Pros
fast paced
Cons
standing all day
Made the best of it
Work as a cashier/trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2014
Working at a cheap grocery store was not my ideal job. But I did it with a smile on my face, and did what I had to do. I was always the most cheerful one there, and the quickest as well.
It was a part time job that got me through high school and college.
Benefits
Cons
No excitement at all
Terrible
Dairy Worker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 March 2016
Managers overwork you and when you request more hours absolutely nothing is done about it. Wouldn't recommend anyone working here unless their okay with being a mule for long periods of time.
Pros
Cons
Less hours
Hard Working Job with fun people
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 March 2016
Fun work days,
Consists of customer service and organization tasks
Hardest part of the job can be based on how the load for the day looks (can consist of many different skids loaded with a variety of products that need to be shelved and organized)
Pros
Co workers and Hours
It payed the bills
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB4 April 2013
While working at No Frills I, like many of the other employees received little hours so we couldn't receive benefits. It was a decent job for after school and helped pay my insurance but was not my best experience.
Pros
helped me get some extra cash
Cons
low pay, low hours
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 April 2016
Tom&Michelles nofrills is a welcoming work environment with amazing co workers and owners. Overall a good business. The hardest part of working here is standing for the 6 hours not moving much.
Pros
a lot of hours
i do not recomend no frills.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 April 2013
exellent quality of produce,do not like the central cut program for meat department.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no raises
Nice atmosphere to work in
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ON6 April 2016
co-workers are friendly and it was very well organized. Unfortunately I did not work here for very long and didn't get any shifts after the stores opening.
good learning experiance
Customer service, team based environment, able (Former Employee) –  albion mall6 March 2016
enjoyable work environment minimal supervision flexible hours friendly co workers and customers great learning experience able to transfer skills learned to other workplace
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
unable to advance
Small town feel in the City
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 October 2015
A typical day at work is all about the people I serve, often I am told, "You are always smiling", I tell them, it's my nature!!! I've learned that you can always find something extra to do for your clients. I am very privileged to have worked with management and senior staff over a long period of time, we can count on each other for professional support. The hardest part of the job will always be handling customer dissatisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I take care of.
Pros
Clients and Staff
Cons
Long times on your feet.
survival job
Night Crew (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2014
A typical work environment that you must have to deal with. Workers keep come and go because of the working shift.
Pros
Open work space
Cons
With limited benefits
easy and fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 November 2013
No Frills is my temporary job because it is part time but i do like working there and learning about new cultures and different foods.
benefits
Cons
not enough hours
ok
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chestermere, AB21 January 2016
stacking selfs
nothing really
management was okay
co-workers were friendly
arms feel tired after you get bored
the music
First job.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Ont.8 September 2015
No frills was an okay place to work for a student, Considering it was my first job things were a little difficult in the beginning. A month after starting there was new management coming into place and it was very difficult to adjust with all the chances in such short time. There wasn't many hours available since since so many people were hired all at once. Throughout it all the owner was a great person! He tried to make us enjoy the time we were working.
Pros
great coworkers, friendly customes
Cons
not enough hours
great over all
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2016
good you work they are happy. you follow what they have to say and what they tell you and they are happy . dont disobey them. anything else would be to show up and do you job
Pros
lunch
Cons
buggies
Overall a good place
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS16 October 2014
In a typical day I would be tasked with loading and unloading trucks via Forklift (Raymond), managing stock, filling stock to shelves, refilling display stock and rotation of perishable stock (dairy, produce, bread, etc).

Management was generally very easy to work with and was flexible and accommodating to me during my time in University and High School and gave clear instructions on my tasks.

Co-workers were very easy to get along with and made work very enjoyable and less monotonous each day (Many of my tasks were repetitive in nature).
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Little room for advancement

2.8