No Frills

No Frills Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Easy atmosphere with great people
Cashier (Current Employee), blenheim onNovember 13, 2012
Pros: benefits will kick in after 2 years
Cons: short hours - only 12 hours a week
a typical day is arriving at work and logging onto my cash register and waiting on the customers assisting them to find products when needed. A great group of women work there, fun easy going. The hardest part is trying to be busy when it is slow, but fill that time cleaning the area. I find most of it enjoyable can't pick out any one thing.
Stock Person, Receiver, Ready Bake (Current Employee), Aylmer OntarioNovember 12, 2012
Pros: great working environment
fun workplace
fast pace
would like more hours
hardworking
good management
hardest part of job working 3-4 skids per shift
I enjoy the co-workers
Productive upbeat workplace
Inventory Control Clerk (part-time) (Former Employee), Greater Napanee, ONOctober 24, 2012
Days went by fst because there were always good people around. I learned time management and all the background work that goes into getting product too the shelves and how much product there really is. Management was good and always on the floor doing work part timers would do which made me feel he really enjoyed what he did. Hardest part of the job – more... was pushing the carts outside because we did not have the motorized vehicle which pushes them, yet that made it somewhat fun knowing I was also getting a work out. The part in which I most enjoyed about No Frills in Napanee is everyone seemed to get a long at some point and people would laugh and joke around while having a good time. – less
productive
Cashier (Former Employee), kingstin, onSeptember 8, 2012
great place to work, people were nice. Managment was great. Everyone was friendly.
No Frills has been a great place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Shelburne, ONSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: benefits such as free prescriptions, and $1000 dental
Cons: mad customers when debit goes down
A typical day at No Frills was always a great experience. The customer were usually great and when they weren't you learned how to be poliet and not let it get to you as soon you would see another customer. I learned how to do tags for products, no scans, alternatice prices, and learned alot of the produce codes. The mangement at No Frills, located – more... in Shelburne, is amazing. It was such a joy to talk to my boss as we got along very well as he knew I was a good worker and he loved to have me there. My coworkers have become close friends as they are such great people. The hardest part of my job was to deal with customers who were upset or annoyed with something, but having worked with tenants I knew how to handle them. The most enjoyable part of my job at No Frills is the fact that alot of customers would wave and remembered me as they enjoyed going through my line as I am a fast cashier and very friendly. – less
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Picton, ONAugust 20, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: not enough hours
I had a great time working there, that why returned to work there in August 2010 for the new owners.
producive and a nice friendly atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 10, 2012
Pros: met new people who became frends
Cons: hardly ny hours, little py
a typical day for me was just ringing though customers. I learned to be patient wih certain customers. The management could have been more hands on with staff as in training. most of my co-workers were ok. the hardest part was the hours not enough. the people i worked wih.
Great job if you get the opportunity
Shelf/Display Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 12, 2012
Pros: great salary, friendly employees
Cons: hard to obtain a job there
LCBO was an excellent position. It is very hard to get a position with LCBO so as soon as I got the chance for a seasonal position I jumped on it. a typical day would be bringing cases of alcohol up, stocking shelves and when things got busier to go on cash. All of the employees and managers were very easy-going and friendly. The job was all around – more... enjoyable, and I have absolutely no complaints. – less
A day at NoFrills
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 4, 2012
Pros: working with awesome people
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work would be cashing out the customers and make sure they found everything they needed. I learned a lot about the cash register. All the people I have worked with were amazing.
clean and supper nice place to work
Part-Time Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 19, 2012
Pros: yes free lunches
Cons: not at all
these place was the one who open the doors for me
i learn all that i know from here and i am very thankful
Good Job once you get the hang of it.
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2012
Loved the weekly pay. My boss was really nice. Started getting boring because it was the same thing day after day, but I guess that should be expected of any job.
flexible schedule
Cashier (Former Employee), MississaugaMay 31, 2012
Pros: could get time off
Cons: scheduled breaks
fast paced environment handled money worked as cashier, took complaints
Great for work experience and job security
Retail Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Woodbridge, OntarioMay 8, 2012
Stocked and maintained grocery area
Responsible for ordering and ensuring that products were always available for purchase
Easy going. Time Passer
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2012
Pros: time goes by fast, easy to get a raise, fun qorkplace
Cons: customers
Working there goes by pretty quick. Fun guys to work with, easy going management. Some slackers but what can you do. All in all it was a fun experience.
No advancement
Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 16, 2012
There is no advancement,no money making,The employees are friendly.The customers are great.I liked the communication with all of the friendly customers.
fast paced,
Cash Office Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 9, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not enough hours, unable to move up in the company
a typical day at work consists of scanning groceries, greeting customers and dealing with any customer enquries.what i have learned is that their is a lot of responsibilities when being a manager. Most enjoyable part of my job is being able to meet and talk to new customers
Very productive and fun place to work.
Produce Department (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 30, 2012
Pros: very productive and fun at the same time.
Cons: not enough hours some weeks.
I found that No Frills was a very productive place where you could get a lot of work done but have a good time at the same time with your colleges. Managers ensured that the workload was spread out evenly and one person wasn't doing all the work. The employees were very kind and willing to help me with anything i needed.
No Frills
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 23, 2012
No Frills was a fun place to work. I enjoyed meeting new customers everyday. I also enjoyed working with my coworkers, as they were all easy to get along with and we were all willing to help each other out when necessary.
Productive and fast pace environment
Sacker (Former Employee), Glenwood, IAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: great customers service experience
Cons: not a nice environment to work in. crabby people.
Sacked groceries, and helped customers find things they needed within the store.
Helping clients meet their needs
Cashier (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 3, 2014
I enjoyed helping the clients meet their needs by helping them check out and answer questions.