No Frills Employee Reviews

co workers were not so nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2017
it was a fun place to work just i was not fast enough at doing cash and the co workers there did not help me either so that was a downer and they always complained about me
Pros
great work place
Cons
not so nice co workers
Awesome workplace and service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 April 2017
I like working in a fast pace environment, with friendly coworkers. The management team is very good for your availability and schedules. You also get to learn to build rapports.
Ok place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON3 April 2017
Found that if you weren't friends with Supervisor, you weren't going anywhere with the company. Also found, that at the time of my employment, no empathy for serious family situations.
Great job for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 March 2017
Fast turn over rate for part time cashiers. The location I was at didn't have any full time cash positions, so I had to find a second job. Good for a student without lots of bills.
Great computer system
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 March 2017
Great system showing the prices and weights and different types of products.
Management was great
Unfortunately I got very sick and had to end employment
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Low Pay and Low Hours
food
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2017
grocery store that has customers clean not much more to say than that the manger hardly saw them. had to stand for hours remembered codes for register
Convenient, Simple
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
Overall a good job, but it isn't meant to be permanent. However, it is a good place to start gathering experience and obtaining skills, especially interpersonal skills.
Productive environment to Work In
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON21 March 2017
Good environment to work in and also friendly staff members. Being a member of this company, I learnt good customer service and the ability to communicate efficiently with customers. I also learnt to be responsible with the work I do. The workplace environment provided a safe, clean and comfortable place to work in.
Pros
Comfortable environment
Great place and great people!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 March 2017
The people were really nice. That's what made my experience there great! I always think that it is important to work somewhere that you won't dread going everyday and this place did that for me.
Productive, fast, upbeat and busy place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC16 March 2017
No Frills can be very busy, but shifts go by fast. Management is good, and you get to work with good co-workers. But sometimes it can be hard with the type of customers we get. The most enjoyable moments are where you get a chance to talk and get to know everyone, and where you are greeted by your co workers and certain customers, even when you are not working on the day. Since applying to No Frills, ive learned and improved my hand-eye coordination, and also improved my customer service skills.
Pros
Sometimes we get treats! Also great co-workers to talk to, you get to make new friends, and recieve the freedom to be independent
Cons
No Security
fun job for the short period of time
GROCERY CLERK / BUGGY ATTEND (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2017
good for the experience and grocery shopping convenience............................ hardest part of job buggies in the winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good place to be working at, very flexible with hours.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
No Frills is a good place to work at if you are in high school, they are very flexible with hours. I, however have graduated from high school and need more hours too build my savings and college funds for the future. No Frills is my first job, it has taught me a lot of patience dealing with customers and how to communicate with them. (naturally a quiet person towards people I don't know) at first I would not be asking how their day was but now a lot of customers have recognized who I am and enjoy speaking with me. The hardest part of my job is to cope with the customers who aren't happy, but I've learned how to deal with these situations these past two years I've had this job. The most enjoyable part is to see my customers happy and leave with a smile.
Great employers, rough customers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 March 2017
All of the staff at my No Frills store are exceptional, and great people to work for and with. The only downside to the job is the customers that frequent the store. Unfortunately you receive a lot of unpleasant people in the store.
Pros
Good employers
Cons
Awful customers
Good summer job for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 March 2017
The job itself is good but the pay and hours could have been better as well as the benefits. Good job to meet to meet new people, generally had nice coworkers
Great Co-Workers and Customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ON9 March 2017
Management is not very friendly and does not make a comfortable work environment for their employees. Overall it is a good store to work in, friendly workers to make customers happy.
was a great place at the time
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON8 March 2017
I loved working at no frills, and during my time there i learned a lot. I was quickly taught how to manage different areas of the store which made me an adaptable and dependable employee.
ok
Summer Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
its a great store, a high demand of food. but working there can be a hassle. i didn't enjoy it as much. to much of remembering things and you always have to be on your feet
Snarky management, medium-paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB7 March 2017
Shifts have slow periods and fast periods, if you work as cashier you will be expected to face the shelves in your spare time and potentially help in the grocery department.

The manager, however, has hiring sprees, in which she will hire 9 new cashiers on a single Saturday, leaving all the other longer-lasting employees with little to no hours. Will get angry when you phone in sick.

You will either get far more hours than you ask for, or hardly any.
Pros
Free bags?
Cons
Bad management
laid back
Grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  hamiltom6 March 2017
very easy going store, lots of people that are easy to get along with. generally every one is in happy and energetic moods. I very well much enjoyed my time.
good
bad
understanding management, fun people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON27 February 2017
The average shift consist of spending the day serving customers, and when there are no customers you clean your lane, and other lanes if dirty, make sure your work place is clean, and safe, restock gum, chocolate bars, ect. at the front of the store. At the end of your shift clean and tidy your work place for the next person.
Pros
Amazing staff and management
Cons
lunches aren't paid, standing for a long time