No Frills Employee Reviews in Canada

Easy going. Time Passer
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 7, 2012
Working there goes by pretty quick. Fun guys to work with, easy going management. Some slackers but what can you do. All in all it was a fun experience.
Pros
time goes by fast, easy to get a raise, fun qorkplace
Cons
customers
NoFrills
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABNovember 7, 2015
It is a very demanding job if you are not use to the physical labour. I enjoy how it is ran and find the owners are wonderful. I've felt welcomed since I started there and sadly had to leave due to moving
Great people to work with.
Cashier/Cash Office (Former Employee) –  Port Dover, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Every day there was processing cash deposits, cheques, and Debit & Credit transactions accurately. Exceeding customer relations expectations by building customer loyalty. Ensure pricing integrity in item data management, label & sign changes and scan log procedures. Knowledge in cashier functions, override reports, journal logs and cash tray discrepancies to identify problems and determine solutions as needed. Knowledge in orientation and training for new workers/colleges. The people within the store were amazing and understanding.
good eye contact and communication
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 9, 2015
focus on main tasks.
learned how to deal with customer with more positive attitude.
management skills are very good because I manage most of things correctly and on time.
my co-workers are always happy with me.
I don't believe anything hard. everything takes time to learn so there will be not any hard part.
communication with other employees.
Horrible Management
produce (Former Employee) –  Hamilton OnMarch 22, 2015
I was assured i would have training i showed up the day of for my orientation they told me to go home it was a mistake,they told me the wrong date they failed to maintain any understanding of my concerns i had very few instruction from management on my duties and my capabilties where set back due to these efforts also the hours where bad and the amount they expect you do to in the time they give you is unreasonable and do not try to help out further more they respond in unreasonable ways.
Cons
no space
Great Place Great Staff
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABOctober 25, 2015
Very fun and relaxing place to work, Learned plenty to take with me to new choices of work in life. I enjoyed my time working for this company
productive and energetic place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 3, 2014
I loved working with all my co-workers.. being there to help in any way I knew how too.
Management was great, if I had a problem they were right on top of it to get it fixed and dealt with...
the hardest part of the day was having to work by myself and be on my feet all day.
I was always on the closing shift from 4-10pm. I didn't mind it.
Pros
seeing alot of happy customers
high volume, fast pace
Full Time Positions (Current Employee) –  brighton ontOctober 25, 2015
dealing with the public is so exusting and so rewording at the same time, can be repetitive and exciting at the same time very eventful, never no what days like.
Not a very well managed store
Dairy Manager/Store clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 17, 2015
-depending on which department I was working in I would place orders for any products needed on the shelves, mostly in the dairy department. Organize products, stock shelves, handle any customer questions and much more

-I learned how to handle customer questions and provide excellent service and also how to manage the dairy department

-I was promoted to Dairy manager

-Fun working environment and had lots of co-workers

-Working extremely hard for little pay

-Worked with a lot of my friends
Pros
was good in deciding what i wanted to do with my life
Cons
i was not able to meet my full potential in this career
fun place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEOctober 8, 2015
this was a great job for after school, kept my weekdays busy and allowed me to gain customer service experience. My boss was great and was very understanding anytime i needed time off for tests
flexible schedule
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, OntarioApril 17, 2014
Was very flexible for students, some of the management were very nice but some were rude, and the lunch room was always messy and not a nice atmosphere to spend your break in.
Pros
flexible schedule for students
Cons
pay, long hours of standing in one spot hard on the body and sanity!
Nightshift is hard work and adjusting to the schedule is also a difficult task.
Nightshift staff (Former Employee) –  VaughanSeptember 10, 2015
After a few days of working, i was thinking about quitting and luckily a few of my friends were hired as well and we tried our best to be positive and get the job done
Pros
Play music over P.A speaker
Fast-paced customer-oriented environment
Customer Service and Cash Office (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONOctober 7, 2013
A typical day at work consists of either opening or closing the front end of the store. This includes counting cash registers and ensuring all money balances. A regular day at work always involves satisfying customers' interests. The biggest thing that I have learned while working at No Frills is that communication is key to providing customers with exceptional service. The management at my work is great and always able to assist with any questions myself and co-workers have. Every day is enjoyable at work since I have such great co-workers. The hardest part of the job is telling a customer something they do not want to hear. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting so many different people every day.
Great employment opportunity
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 11, 2015
This job gave me lots of customer service experience and allowed me to work in a team environment as well as independently. I was given many opportunities to work in different departments as well.
Hard work with pretty good management
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, OntarioOctober 6, 2013
I worked at no frills briefly and I can't say I work there again. I felt that although I was earning minimum wage I was not paid a good amount for all the work I was doing. I used to be very skinny with very little muscle mass which does not work well with this sort of job. There was always a high amount of shopping carts in the parking lot that I had to return but no machine to me return them. It got rather hectic during a holiday. The managers were really good and knew their stuff although I was not given enough training for a first time job. I later found out that some employees were stealing. The job was just a short bus ride away which was awesome. I left because of school but I could not see my self working there more then a year or so unlike blockbuster.
Pros
i like working with food, knowledgeable management, close to work
Cons
stealing employee, physically difficult with only minimum wage as payment, lot's of carts to return
Productive place to work at with fun, hard working employers.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 4, 2014
A typical day at work was to begin by stack eggs to make sure there full, then always checking the milk crates to see when it is needed to be stacked to be filled. After, we go stack any new packages that arrive and face products on the shelves. The management of the dairy department was very calm and relaxed but also stressed on the importance of being a hard worker and likes things done with 100% effort. The co-workers where very insightful and friendly. Hardest part of the job was the fast paced movement and getting everything done before your time expires.
Pros
pay was weekly and you get free lunch on holidays such as christmas and thanksgiving.
Cons
distance between my house and job was far, and you're always kept longer than when your shift is over
No frills is a fun and easy place to work
grocery stocker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 5, 2015
Days that i had work were still enjoyable because the management were organized and yet liked to laugh. I enjoyed mostly every day i worked there and people that worked there were nice and productive. It was a very stress free work environment.
Pros
nice people, easy job, and organized work environment, flexible hours
Cons
it took an hour to get there and an hour and 15 minutes to get back home.
Excellent Managment and Staff
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  1226 Place d'Orleans Dr.February 13, 2014
Upon arrival at work I survey my department and take note of any missing or low inventory and immediately refill the items. Throughout the day I assess the displays and bring out any product which needs topping up, while maintaining my stock area free of any clutter; this involves either cleaning the counters or reducing skids. If I see any customers having difficulty I approach them and offer my assistance. Both Management and Co-Workers are exceptionally friendly and approachable, for the most part everyone has a smile on their face and I've never hesitated in asking anyone a question work related or otherwise. The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant interaction with customers and co-workers as well as the opportunity to familiarize myself with different fruits and vegetables, as it compliments my health related interests.
Pros
friendly and approachable staff
Cons
few hours
Productive upbeat workplace
Inventory Control Clerk (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ONOctober 24, 2012
Days went by fst because there were always good people around. I learned time management and all the background work that goes into getting product too the shelves and how much product there really is. Management was good and always on the floor doing work part timers would do which made me feel he really enjoyed what he did. Hardest part of the job was pushing the carts outside because we did not have the motorized vehicle which pushes them, yet that made it somewhat fun knowing I was also getting a work out. The part in which I most enjoyed about No Frills in Napanee is everyone seemed to get a long at some point and people would laugh and joke around while having a good time.
Good people to work with
Cashier, Kingston (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONSeptember 7, 2015
working with customers
working with cash
dealing with difficult customers
repetition
the staff is mostly friendly and nice
Cons
working all weekends

2.8