No Frills Employee Reviews

was a great place at the time
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON8 March 2017
I loved working at no frills, and during my time there i learned a lot. I was quickly taught how to manage different areas of the store which made me an adaptable and dependable employee.
ok
Summer Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
its a great store, a high demand of food. but working there can be a hassle. i didn't enjoy it as much. to much of remembering things and you always have to be on your feet
Snarky management, medium-paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB7 March 2017
Shifts have slow periods and fast periods, if you work as cashier you will be expected to face the shelves in your spare time and potentially help in the grocery department.

The manager, however, has hiring sprees, in which she will hire 9 new cashiers on a single Saturday, leaving all the other longer-lasting employees with little to no hours. Will get angry when you phone in sick.

You will either get far more hours than you ask for, or hardly any.
Pros
Free bags?
Cons
Bad management
laid back
Grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  hamiltom6 March 2017
very easy going store, lots of people that are easy to get along with. generally every one is in happy and energetic moods. I very well much enjoyed my time.
good
bad
understanding management, fun people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON27 February 2017
The average shift consist of spending the day serving customers, and when there are no customers you clean your lane, and other lanes if dirty, make sure your work place is clean, and safe, restock gum, chocolate bars, ect. at the front of the store. At the end of your shift clean and tidy your work place for the next person.
Pros
Amazing staff and management
Cons
lunches aren't paid, standing for a long time
productive and fun working place
cook/cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
really cool and productive working place. mostly customer service and working with the frosen products. had to do price checks at times
great employers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ON25 February 2017
scan customers items an take their payment as excepted hardest part of the job is i would like to work more hrs but there not available
Pros
has a union
Cons
just not enough hrs to live on
Very good experience
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2017
Very nice people to work with at my location. customers arent the greatest though. management is pretty rough on new people, besides that good place to work at.
Pros
Good people, Good environment
Cons
Long shift
Fun and easy job but garbarge managment
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 February 2017
It was a really fun and easy job, as i enjoyed the company of my co-workers getting the job done but management is a complete joke. (Deans No-Frills).
Pros
Great co-workers, small store
Cons
Owner is a joke and will fire you for no reason.
Great
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON1 February 2017
Working at No Frills was a great experience, my coworkers were friendly and easy to get along with. My supervisors liked a job done properly but they also knew how to make work enjoyable.
Fun place to work Except for some employees
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON1 February 2017
A typical day would be filled with various small jobs that needed to be completed including filling shelves, inventory management, scanning out broken/damaged items and many more small jobs. I learned that working hard and volunteering to do more in the workplace helped my advancement in the business and with the people who employed me. The owners of this workplace were probably the best bosses I've had out of all my experiences, they were very humorous and made work more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was dealing with one manager who put everyone down and was an overall bully. He always made the workplace a uncomfortable environment and even caused a fellow employee to have an anxiety attack. Besides that everyone else were very kind and also put a smile on my face. The most enjoyable part of working there was getting to know everyone and work together making a difference.
Pros
Great Owners, union and good people
Cons
One bad manager
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 January 2017
I feel like No Frills is a good place to work if you enjoy working with customers. You will be working with them on a daily basis and very many at one time. It can be fun
Productive fun work place
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 January 2017
While I was at no frills I experienced many new situations as it was my first job. Experiencing different situations while working hard gave me new tools to work at my next job, and will benefit later on.
Pros
hard work
Cons
nothing
Great part-time workplace for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
Working here was great. Don't expect salary advances or to be treated as an individual. No use in working hard nobody will apprecaite it
Pros
Fun staff, great customers
Cons
Management isn't so nice
great job evironment
clerk (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 January 2017
The work environment is pretty straight forward, easy to learn and for the most part organized.What i learned is the fact of how easy the job can be.Management are for the most part easy to get along with and help you whenever in need. The workplace culture is good and it has a good atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is facing,facing is really monotonous and a bit of a drag.Working with the ppl.
Pros
it's not hard work
Cons
not enough hours
review
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
nice place to work, good environment. get a lot of customer service experience and skills to set you up for jobs in the future that may interest you..
good work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
typical grocery store
clean
nothing is hard
stable part-time hours
friendly customers
good staff
management is friendly and understanding
Pros
union
Cons
not alot of hours
Easy simple workplace with flexible work days
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 January 2017
Typical day is spotting products then cutting and stocking. Then just helping around to tidy up the store.
People here are really nice so the work environment is nice.
The job is pretty easy in general once you learn where things go but theres really no rush to learn and everyone there is willing to help you. The only thing that kinda sucks is waking up early.
Pros
Generally easy job if you put in a decent effort
Cons
Waking up early
great co workers
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 January 2017
a typical day at no frills would be serving the customers and making sure they get threw without any problems, providing a smile when putting groceries threw, when closing general cleaning of the lanes.
Pros
very flexible and understanding
Cons
over staffed
Productive, supervisor was condescending. co-workers nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 January 2017
I reported to the office to find out where which cash I was being placed on, and discuss sales on that day. I processed cash, debit, credit transactions, took coupons, sometimes refunds, or hold orders. My supervisor told us to be vigilant of people stealing. The interview was very intensive, asked many questions and why she should pick me and not the other candidates. I felt they like to exercise their power. Maybe it was just that No Frills, I have worked at others and it was not as intensive. Overall, not bad, supervisor was on a power trip.
Pros
co-workers nice
Cons
supervisor was consescending