No Frills Employee Reviews in Canada

First job it was okay
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABMay 24, 2015
For a first job it was alright... Honestly every problem i had with it was management. Owner was rude and played favorites. but all the co-workers were great. And it wasn't a hard job by any means.
A fair workplace environment
Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  mississaugaApril 28, 2015
A typical day consisted of restocking, organizing and clearing the parking lot of shopping carts. The staff was helpful in training and ongoing questions I had.
Pros
Gave me experience in retail
Cons
long shifts
Terrible Management
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder bay ON Dawson RDJanuary 27, 2015
Worst Job I have ever had. Management was VERY verbally Abusive and lied and manipulated the part time associates in order to get their way. The management frequently harassed the employees and sometimes customers both sexually and verbally. I cant believe i let myself work there for almost a year. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
productive work environment
produce clerk/ grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2014
no frills is a pretty good place to work a side from the fact that there is a lot of talking behind employees backs and the management didn't act like management whatsoever. although that was only at the one location and from that point there is a new owner now and i believe he runs the place a lot better.
Pros
depending on the shift you can get payed breaks
Cons
like stated above a lot of talking behind backs
Great Morale
Dairy Manager (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, ONNovember 30, 2014
We start early in the morning, when the trucks arrive we start working the daily load of stock. I learned how to provide good customer service as well as how to properly maintain a grocery store. Management was a little bit up and down, great one day and very pushy the next. Co-workers are great, make the day go by a lot better. Hardest part is making sure the quality of the store is maintained, especially on busy days. Most enjoyable part is being able to work with friends, great family atmosphere.
Welcoming environment but no room for advancement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day required cash handling, greeting customers, and explaining the pc point program to customers. I learned customer service skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was building public relations.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
short hours
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ONFebruary 19, 2015
-most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers
-my only complaint about the position is that they could not offer me enough hours to live on
-owner was very nice and had pleasant regular customers
-typical work day was enjoyable with few irate customers being the only issue
fun workplace with fun coworkers
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 7, 2015
i would stack shelves, take of boxes of the overhead shelf
i learned how to cut boxes, look for potential hazards and remove them
the hardest part of my job would be working with 2 other coworkers facing the store
the fun part was lifting milk cartons and getting exersie in
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
bad managemet
wonderfull boss
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  west hill,kingstonApril 8, 2015
it was a good work place, what was amazing was the managemet, although like some place u wont get along with some of your bosses most of the your bosses are really relax and act like you are family
Pros
good hours
Overall a good place
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSOctober 16, 2014
In a typical day I would be tasked with loading and unloading trucks via Forklift (Raymond), managing stock, filling stock to shelves, refilling display stock and rotation of perishable stock (dairy, produce, bread, etc).

Management was generally very easy to work with and was flexible and accommodating to me during my time in University and High School and gave clear instructions on my tasks.

Co-workers were very easy to get along with and made work very enjoyable and less monotonous each day (Many of my tasks were repetitive in nature).
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
little room for advancement
Good place to work for night shift
Stocker In-charge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
Fun working on foods, daily new challenges you encounter. It is hard when someone is absent and fun when everyone is around and working on their respective area,
Decent job
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONSeptember 9, 2014
No frills is a decent job if you are in high school - college. You learn how to deal with customers, smile..smile...and smile. Each day i get to work i have to take items off the skids and put them on a cart. I then stock the shelves with these items. Co workers are cool. Management is good. The best part of this job is getting to go home. Hardest part of the job is pushing carts
Pros
not that hard of a job
Cons
you have to deal with managers and there stupidity
Sales
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Royal york and queenswayAugust 1, 2014
A typical day at No Frills, would be working at your till beginning of your shift to the end. Dealing with customers scanning there items helping them if they need help with items.
What I have learned by working at No Frills, I learned a bunch of codes for the produce I also learned a lot of new produce from different countries. My co-workers at No Frills were very nice and friendly, they helped me a lot when I needed codes and didn't know how to do certain things. The hardest part of working at No Frills or any type of grocery store is learning all the codes. The most enjoyable part of working at No Frills was making the customers smile.
Great within the pharmacy
Part-time cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ONJuly 31, 2014
Early attendance was a must in order to insure that the workplace and files were organized and presentable. I was responsible for insuring the costumer recieved their proper medication and to address any detailed questions to a pharmacist. I worked closely with the pharmacist technicians, pharmacist assistants as well as the pharmacists themselves. I learned how to organze files in a timely fashion as well as work with people of all walks of life.
ok
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 23, 2015
the job was ok , very demanding lot of times it was just a few of us working for the whole store. wouldnt recommend wouldnt not recommend
Pros
it was small
Cons
long hours to many duties
No frills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2014
• Greeted customers in a friendly and courteous manner
• Provided helpful and timely assistance to customers successfully meeting their needs and resolving their concerns
• Effectively handled cash, account payments, credit card and other financial transactions
• Clearly and persuasively explained the benefits of products and services to customers resulting in higher sales
love hard work and never sitting being bored.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SKMarch 5, 2015
I liked the experiences,
the people in my surroundings,
got good breaks,
always smiling,
making new friends,
never a dull moment,
loved the hours/schedules.
Productive workplace with room to advance, fast paces
Cash Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarenville NLMay 13, 2014
In summary, was a great place to work, management had things very put together which made for happier climate in the workplace. I advanced in this work position to the cash office which was a new experience to me, I enjoyed it, was very hectic at times, but I enjoyed the challenge and improved daily. The hardest part of the job was time management, being that there was only one supervisor/cash office employee night time which made for minimal time to get everything done, overall would definitely consider going back to this place to work if I needed too.
productive and energetic place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 3, 2014
I loved working with all my co-workers.. being there to help in any way I knew how too.
Management was great, if I had a problem they were right on top of it to get it fixed and dealt with...
the hardest part of the day was having to work by myself and be on my feet all day.
I was always on the closing shift from 4-10pm. I didn't mind it.
Pros
seeing alot of happy customers
Terrible owners poorly run
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North battlefordMarch 26, 2014
Terrible place to work. Completely disorganized, schedule conflicts and poor management. I was seriously unimpressed with the way fraizer ran the place and how he treated the staff. A good boss would be out on the floor with his employees not hiding in the back. I would always check my schedule and they would change it on me. No benefits but union job, you get one 15 min break for every 6 hr shift. Only 10.00 a hr. All the hours you put in they take off. Lots of misleading communication between fraizer Jen the supervisors and management and terrible stock. Lots of very unhappy customers
Cons
terrible owner