No Frills Employee Reviews

not a bad first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB10 May 2016
i did not work here for very long. they were very good with giving me reasonable hours being in school at the time. i worked as a cashier first but standing on my feet not moving for 4-8 hours, depending on the day was not for me. However i moved to working stock and enjoyed it alot more.
Overall a good place
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS16 October 2014
In a typical day I would be tasked with loading and unloading trucks via Forklift (Raymond), managing stock, filling stock to shelves, refilling display stock and rotation of perishable stock (dairy, produce, bread, etc).

Management was generally very easy to work with and was flexible and accommodating to me during my time in University and High School and gave clear instructions on my tasks.

Co-workers were very easy to get along with and made work very enjoyable and less monotonous each day (Many of my tasks were repetitive in nature).
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Little room for advancement
Terrible owners poorly run
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North battleford26 March 2014
Terrible place to work. Completely disorganized, schedule conflicts and poor management. I was seriously unimpressed with the way fraizer ran the place and how he treated the staff. A good boss would be out on the floor with his employees not hiding in the back. I would always check my schedule and they would change it on me. No benefits but union job, you get one 15 min break for every 6 hr shift. Only 10.00 a hr. All the hours you put in they take off. Lots of misleading communication between fraizer Jen the supervisors and management and terrible stock. Lots of very unhappy customers
Cons
Terrible owner
Small town feel in the City
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 October 2015
A typical day at work is all about the people I serve, often I am told, "You are always smiling", I tell them, it's my nature!!! I've learned that you can always find something extra to do for your clients. I am very privileged to have worked with management and senior staff over a long period of time, we can count on each other for professional support. The hardest part of the job will always be handling customer dissatisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I take care of.
Pros
Clients and Staff
Cons
Long times on your feet.
Was a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2016
I was happy to be working there and the other staff members where wonderful. I was also happy that if they where short staffed they would call me in to work for extra hours.
Pros
Paid luanch
Cons
there are no cons
its a good job :)
Front cash (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ON6 June 2016
I've just started working there, but for what I've seen I enjoy the job. I work front cash there, so I'm just ensuring customers leave happy.
Great work place with great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON16 May 2016
great work place to be in with very nice employees. Everyone helps you if you dont know how to do something on the cash and makes you feel welcome when asking for help.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
Rude boss
Easy going. Time Passer
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2012
Working there goes by pretty quick. Fun guys to work with, easy going management. Some slackers but what can you do. All in all it was a fun experience.
Pros
time goes by fast, easy to get a raise, fun qorkplace
Cons
customers
First job.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Ont.8 September 2015
No frills was an okay place to work for a student, Considering it was my first job things were a little difficult in the beginning. A month after starting there was new management coming into place and it was very difficult to adjust with all the chances in such short time. There wasn't many hours available since since so many people were hired all at once. Throughout it all the owner was a great person! He tried to make us enjoy the time we were working.
Pros
great coworkers, friendly customes
Cons
not enough hours
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Division Street, Kingston, Ontario7 May 2016
The training was quick, easy, and in-depth. I received a nice introduction into the cashier position and then once I was ready I went independent with the support I needed.
Very good management but not my kind of workplace
Bakery/Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 June 2015
A typical day at No Frills was pretty straight forward; open, reduce, than stock and clean until close. I definetly learned a few things while being employed at No Frills, one of the main things being that the grocery/supermarket business really wasn't for me. I started out training in the produce department, until I sliced my thumb open cutting celery. I was bleeding so profusely that my body felt weak and my head felt weary. After that shift, I was then transferred to the bakery stock department. After about a week into training I felt extremely comfortable with the daily routine and almost all of the tasks at hand, but in the freezer there would be stock from other departments blocking my products, and I physically didn't have the strength to move the pallets with a pallet jack, nor did I feel comfortable with using an electric hand jack, so that was when I had decided it was time I left No Frills. I didn't feel comfortable with what I was doing so now I'm trying to pursue something I'd have a better chance of professing in; such as a customer service represenitive (with emphasis in the fashion industry because I'm so into clothing and dressing up) or a cashier, with my bright, cheerful attitude and my will to help others get to where they need to be.
Pros
Long hours, good management, good supervision.
Cons
Cooler set up, employees (grocery department)
ok
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chestermere, AB21 January 2016
stacking selfs
nothing really
management was okay
co-workers were friendly
arms feel tired after you get bored
the music
Enjoyable place to work
Grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton2 June 2015
Typical day at Nofrills included simple and easy tasks given to you by the managers, never had to put much thought into the work you do. Working as a grocery clerk your job consists of stocking shelves (including doing overstock), helping customers and cleaning up the aisles.
What I learned - new ways to quickly get stock out on the floor while memorizing where each product goes.
Management was decent, although there was a lack of communications between the employer and the employees.
Co-workers were friendly and welcoming.
Hardest part of the job was keeping displays and end caps clean on big sale days.
Most enjoyable - being able to work by myself and run most of the department by myself.
Pros
Staff/Coworkers
Cons
Keeping department clean
productive and energetic place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2014
I loved working with all my co-workers.. being there to help in any way I knew how too.
Management was great, if I had a problem they were right on top of it to get it fixed and dealt with...
the hardest part of the day was having to work by myself and be on my feet all day.
I was always on the closing shift from 4-10pm. I didn't mind it.
Pros
seeing alot of happy customers
Enjoy working there!
Cashier, customer service, and store maintenance (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL20 March 2016
The day goes by quickly as the environment is usually fast paced. The staff are all very friendly and willing to help you out with anything! The customers are great as well, you get to socialize with every customer during each transaction !
Pros
fast paced
Cons
standing all day
Hard Working Job with fun people
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 March 2016
Fun work days,
Consists of customer service and organization tasks
Hardest part of the job can be based on how the load for the day looks (can consist of many different skids loaded with a variety of products that need to be shelved and organized)
Pros
Co workers and Hours
Productive and fun place to work with cooperative co workers
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2016
Stock shelves, chat with co workers on free time, do various jobs around the store. I particularly like the flexible work hours and freedom of lunch hours.
Pros
Work flexibility
Cons
No in store discounts
Great place to work.
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB14 October 2015
a great place to work, i gained more experience here then anywhere else i have worked. i started as a part timer, and within three months i was promoted too a full time key holder. Management always handed me the ball when i asked for it, and encouraged me to run as far as i could with it as well making me feel as part of the family .
easy going
customer service (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON2 January 2016
good job for students, management is lazy so be prepared to do everything they dont want to do even if theyre not doing a thing.
Pros
timmies run every morning
Cons
cold
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 April 2016
Tom&Michelles nofrills is a welcoming work environment with amazing co workers and owners. Overall a good business. The hardest part of working here is standing for the 6 hours not moving much.
Pros
a lot of hours

2.8