No Frills Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 March 2016
Everyone that worked there was so happy and we all got along so good. They were easy going and as long as you did your job they didnt get mad at you. They paid good and gave a good amount of hours
Under-average Work Place
Grocery Store Representative (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB29 February 2016
Difficulty communicating with owner/employees in regards to scheduling. Lack of hours without notice, or reasoning. Taught me organization skills, as well as customer service skills.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Lack of Communication/Management skills, No hours, uncomfortable environment
Great work place with great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON16 May 2016
great work place to be in with very nice employees. Everyone helps you if you dont know how to do something on the cash and makes you feel welcome when asking for help.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
Rude boss
Busy and flexible workplace with a good environment
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2016
A typical day work would include, lifting objects that can be 50+ pounds, pushing buggies back from the parking lot into the lobby, refilling displays of fruits and vegetables, and constantly providing customer service.
I've learned about business management, and operations management approaches, because I attended school at humber college for a business management program. Working at No Frill's helped me have a better understanding of it because I see the business techniques in action through the manager how he manages not only his but other peoples time, merchandising, and contracts within the company.
No Frill's is a team based workplace, and my co-workers do make a great team, everyone is friendly and respectful to each other, as we do plan times to spend with each other out of work. Everyone has their different strengths and weaknesses but each one of us are different from the other, and have different strengths that can make up for each others weaknesses.
One flaw about the job I would say is that since I work in the Produce Department only, we have not been trained to know the products that are in the grocery department, so when a customer asks a produce clerk about a product that is in the grocery department, sometimes we wouldn't know what the customer is talking about or sometimes don't know where it is located. So us produce clerks need to find a grocery clerk for assistance, but it seems like that department is under staff because most of the time, the grocery clerks would be in the back room or they are hard to find because of having two or three of them on
  more... the floor for such a big department.
But the most enjoyable about this job is that, it is very flexible for me because I attend school and they understand and have workers that can work if needed.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Grocery department understaff
It was an alright place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 January 2016
I couldn't complain at first the hours were really good and the staff were all very polite. But I didn't like how it was unionized making you pay ridiculous dues and the fact that the hours quickly dissipated when you were starting out at roughly 25+ hours a week then it suddenly drops to nothing within about 2 months or so.
Pros
Polite staff
Cons
Terrible hours and unionized
Productive and fun place to work with cooperative co workers
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2016
Stock shelves, chat with co workers on free time, do various jobs around the store. I particularly like the flexible work hours and freedom of lunch hours.
Pros
Work flexibility
Cons
No in store discounts
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Division Street, Kingston, Ontario7 May 2016
The training was quick, easy, and in-depth. I received a nice introduction into the cashier position and then once I was ready I went independent with the support I needed.
Great job if you get the opportunity
Shelf/Display Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 July 2012
LCBO was an excellent position. It is very hard to get a position with LCBO so as soon as I got the chance for a seasonal position I jumped on it. a typical day would be bringing cases of alcohol up, stocking shelves and when things got busier to go on cash. All of the employees and managers were very easy-going and friendly. The job was all around enjoyable, and I have absolutely no complaints.
Pros
great salary, friendly employees
Cons
hard to obtain a job there
Flexible Hours
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
Has flexible hours...people are great to work with. Need to be somewhat strong and well organized.Management could be better but overall great place to work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough hours
My Day
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 January 2016
A typical day would include cashing customers out at the register, help stock shelves and helping customers with anything they need.

I enjoy the people I work with & find management to be fair.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly atmosphere I have at work.

The hardest part of the job is the fact I'm standing for a majority of my day.
Pros
Friendly Atomsphere
Cons
The Commute
Enjoy working there!
Cashier, customer service, and store maintenance (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL20 March 2016
The day goes by quickly as the environment is usually fast paced. The staff are all very friendly and willing to help you out with anything! The customers are great as well, you get to socialize with every customer during each transaction !
Pros
fast paced
Cons
standing all day
Terrible
Dairy Worker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 March 2016
Managers overwork you and when you request more hours absolutely nothing is done about it. Wouldn't recommend anyone working here unless their okay with being a mule for long periods of time.
Pros
Cons
Less hours
Hard Working Job with fun people
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 March 2016
Fun work days,
Consists of customer service and organization tasks
Hardest part of the job can be based on how the load for the day looks (can consist of many different skids loaded with a variety of products that need to be shelved and organized)
Pros
Co workers and Hours
Easy atmosphere with great people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  blenheim on13 November 2012
a typical day is arriving at work and logging onto my cash register and waiting on the customers assisting them to find products when needed. A great group of women work there, fun easy going. The hardest part is trying to be busy when it is slow, but fill that time cleaning the area. I find most of it enjoyable can't pick out any one thing.
Pros
benefits will kick in after 2 years
Cons
short hours - only 12 hours a week
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 April 2016
Tom&Michelles nofrills is a welcoming work environment with amazing co workers and owners. Overall a good business. The hardest part of working here is standing for the 6 hours not moving much.
Pros
a lot of hours
Great friendly work atmosphere
Bookkeeper/ Front end supervisor (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 July 2015
I loved working at No Frills. It was fun and open, everyone tried to help everyone else and it was a very comfortable family oriented feeling. I got hired on with almost no experience to be a bookkeeper/ front end supervisor. I got taught how to close, balance tills, do closing, manage the front end. Thanks to the patience and dedication of my management team I enjoyed my time there very much.
Pros
Great open and friendly learning enviroment
Cons
long hours, climbing flights of stairs to the second store office at least 20 odd times daily
No frills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2014
• Greeted customers in a friendly and courteous manner
• Provided helpful and timely assistance to customers successfully meeting their needs and resolving their concerns
• Effectively handled cash, account payments, credit card and other financial transactions
• Clearly and persuasively explained the benefits of products and services to customers resulting in higher sales
good learning experiance
Customer service, team based environment, able (Former Employee) –  albion mall6 March 2016
enjoyable work environment minimal supervision flexible hours friendly co workers and customers great learning experience able to transfer skills learned to other workplace
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
unable to advance
Nice atmosphere to work in
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ON6 April 2016
co-workers are friendly and it was very well organized. Unfortunately I did not work here for very long and didn't get any shifts after the stores opening.
Easy going. Time Passer
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2012
Working there goes by pretty quick. Fun guys to work with, easy going management. Some slackers but what can you do. All in all it was a fun experience.
Pros
time goes by fast, easy to get a raise, fun qorkplace
Cons
customers

2.8