No Frills Employee Reviews

Great work environment for grocery business.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2016
This job is a great job with a fast paced work structure placing grocery products on shelves, working and setting up displays.
My Co workers
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 June 2016
My co workers were different people from other countries, for the most part of the shift we would talk about each others countries and how they live in a daily basis.
Was a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2016
I was happy to be working there and the other staff members where wonderful. I was also happy that if they where short staffed they would call me in to work for extra hours.
Pros
Paid luanch
Cons
there are no cons
Enjoy working there!
Cashier, customer service, and store maintenance (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL20 March 2016
The day goes by quickly as the environment is usually fast paced. The staff are all very friendly and willing to help you out with anything! The customers are great as well, you get to socialize with every customer during each transaction !
Pros
fast paced
Cons
standing all day
No Frills
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 June 2016
A typical day at No Frill's wasn't at all what I thought working at a Grocery Store would be like. I was trained for 1 month on how to use a cash register and cash out the customers. Just like everyone else I would go up to the office, take my till for my assigned lane and start the days work. My manager was a "ok" type of person, she didn't talk much, I always got the feeling that she didn't like me, we barely spoke. The co-workers were kind, most of them anyway. It was usually slow in the morning but would get busier throughout the day. Many times I would feel unsafe working in that type of environment because many of the customers were very mean, bread was thrown at me, I got spat on multiple times and called the "N word". One particular situation got the best of me and I started crying at my lane, it was the worst day I could've possibly had working at No Frills. The hardest part of my job was remembering codes and keeping calm, especially when I was getting harassed by some of the customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was clocking out. Out of all that I had endured, I must say I have a lot more patience now.
Pros
Working with my sister
Cons
Being harassed
Great work place with great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON16 May 2016
great work place to be in with very nice employees. Everyone helps you if you dont know how to do something on the cash and makes you feel welcome when asking for help.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
Rude boss
too much hour for the minimum salary
Meat Department (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 April 2016
from 7 to 1, I improved my customers service skill, very friendly, I enjoyed to work there. the hardest prt of this job is the minimum salary, the management is fine,I like to work so for me every thing was well.
Hard Working Job with fun people
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 March 2016
Fun work days,
Consists of customer service and organization tasks
Hardest part of the job can be based on how the load for the day looks (can consist of many different skids loaded with a variety of products that need to be shelved and organized)
Pros
Co workers and Hours
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 August 2016
great people and environment. awesome company and great benefits. always fun when I go into work. awesome
injoyable, strait foward, fast paste
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 January 2016
A typical day at work for me was vary repetitive witch did lead to good understanding on what to do and how things are done, working in a grocery store was interesting, buying something new that I have not had before as I see something vary appetizing that I stock on the shelves. fun co workers with great social skills and positive attitudes even if someone was having a rough day. co workers and I would work hard as a team rather we are unloading shipments of products, to loading shelves and facing labels outwards for our customers to find what they are looking for.
Pros
masive salection in lunch when on brake and easy to shop for grocerys
Cons
no benifits
Under-average Work Place
Grocery Store Representative (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB29 February 2016
Difficulty communicating with owner/employees in regards to scheduling. Lack of hours without notice, or reasoning. Taught me organization skills, as well as customer service skills.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Lack of Communication/Management skills, No hours, uncomfortable environment
It was an alright place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 January 2016
I couldn't complain at first the hours were really good and the staff were all very polite. But I didn't like how it was unionized making you pay ridiculous dues and the fact that the hours quickly dissipated when you were starting out at roughly 25+ hours a week then it suddenly drops to nothing within about 2 months or so.
Pros
Polite staff
Cons
Terrible hours and unionized
Productive and fun place to work with cooperative co workers
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2016
Stock shelves, chat with co workers on free time, do various jobs around the store. I particularly like the flexible work hours and freedom of lunch hours.
Pros
Work flexibility
Cons
No in store discounts
its a good job :)
Front cash (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ON6 June 2016
I've just started working there, but for what I've seen I enjoy the job. I work front cash there, so I'm just ensuring customers leave happy.
good learning experiance
Customer service, team based environment, able (Former Employee) –  albion mall6 March 2016
enjoyable work environment minimal supervision flexible hours friendly co workers and customers great learning experience able to transfer skills learned to other workplace
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
unable to advance
My Day
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 January 2016
A typical day would include cashing customers out at the register, help stock shelves and helping customers with anything they need.

I enjoy the people I work with & find management to be fair.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly atmosphere I have at work.

The hardest part of the job is the fact I'm standing for a majority of my day.
Pros
Friendly Atomsphere
Cons
The Commute
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Division Street, Kingston, Ontario7 May 2016
The training was quick, easy, and in-depth. I received a nice introduction into the cashier position and then once I was ready I went independent with the support I needed.
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 April 2016
Tom&Michelles nofrills is a welcoming work environment with amazing co workers and owners. Overall a good business. The hardest part of working here is standing for the 6 hours not moving much.
Pros
a lot of hours
Fun and enjoyable part time job.
Grocery, Meat and Bread Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 January 2016
Good co-workers and approachable management. I enjoy interacting with customers and providing helpful customer service. The hardest part of my job is dealing with late deliveries and shorted items.
Pros
Great supervisor, positive work environment
Cons
Minimum wage, no benefits, no required certificates.
ok
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB23 April 2016
its ok for work, not the best employees and hours, good management. best selling food and products. loved working in the backroom kepted it clean organized.
Pros
food
Cons
hours

2.8