No Frills Employee Reviews

Flexible work hours and fun environment to work within
Laborer (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 November 2017
it was a great place to work, very laid back and they supplied flexible work hours. The management was friendly and helpful and the other co workers were very useful.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
rude managers
Nice job!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 November 2017
Really fun environment! All the cashiers are super respectful and nice to each other and the customers. It is a lot of fun to be working there and employees are super respectful. Management is polite.
aa
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, ON4 November 2017
quite easy, show up to work and begin loading and working load, once load was completed you would either begin working on displays or topping. friendly and not very competitive work environment
Pros
easy
Cons
boring
Great place of employment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB2 November 2017
Great place to work and learn how to build relationships with customers. This job has given me a great basis on how to build interpersonal relationships with others.
Decent working experience, great employees
SHELF STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 November 2017
Sam's No Frills is a rewarding experience that will show you the best and worst of working in the food/retail industry. It has friendly coworkers but difficult and sometimes unenjoyable work.

It taught me responsibility, as well as the ability to properly deal with/help customers.

A day can range from easy, mundane work, to intense physical work to fit a tight schedule.

The hardest part of the job is the physical labor. There is a lot of heavy lifting, throwing, climbing, walking, running, pulling and pushing.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to coworkers whilst working to pass the time.
Pros
Friendly employees, respectful managers, equality between part timers and full timers
Cons
Lots of individual responsibility, physical and sometimes potentially dangerous work, work dealing with damaged or expired food products, cold working environments
really bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, NB2 November 2017
just an overall terrible experience I will never become a part of their team again due to the poor management and rude attitude they laid out for their employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2017
Friendly employees, friendly management team, great hours especially for students. Helped me to learn alot and build my resume up for the future. I would definitely work there again.
Productive and fun working place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2017
I enjoy being a override cashier at no frills and having friendly staff definitely makes me feel very comfortable and welcomed. I enjoy working with all the staff at no frills!
Great and busy location!!!
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 November 2017
Worked with all people my age, and got along with my whole staff, everyone worked very well together and the place overall carried out a good atmosphere.
Pros
Close to amenities.
Cons
No free food.
Productive workplace and outgoing atmosphere
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB1 November 2017
Very good first-time or part-time job, gives you a sense of responsibility, time management, the value of money and you get to learn how to engage with new people
Basically a great entry level position to store ownership
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB31 October 2017
I felt i gained alot of good experinece working in the grocery enviroment . Management was good
I basically made the culture a more relaxed place to work by proper and decisive training
Fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2017
Nofrills was a fun experience. It was my first job and, being able to learn how to handle money through being a cashier. Dealing also with customer service.
It was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2017
Customers were kind, management were often times rude, I felt that they gave too many long hours. I learned to coop with environments that I did not feel I belonged it. Overall, it was a bad experience, only because of the disrespectful management and supervisors.
Pros
Free lunches
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2017
Fun staff, can be fast-paced, good management. My only issue was that it was too far from home. I would definitely work at NoFrills again if there was a location closer to me.
Always work at night
Night Crew Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2017
Only working as as part time sometimes once a week sometimes 2 days in week, and always work at the night, no chance to work in other shift. In fairness good work place because temperature control.
Not a great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2017
The management isnt that great. Wasnt put into the system for almost 3 weeks and got only a weeks pay. Employees are rude. Superiors dont do anything.
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Enjoyable
Customer Service Supervisor / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
I been working at No frills for so many years , good with cash invoices , customer service management the front End . I Just need try something new improve myself I know I can do it . The most enjoyable part of the job is we all treat like family help each other.
Variety of jobs both interactive and solitary.
Cash Office Clerk/ front end supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 October 2017
I loved working with staff and customers running a smooth front end. Dealing with and solving daily issues from fixing equipment to correcting errors and customer satisfaction . finishishing my day in a quiet evironment tallying and bringing daily work to a balance, both daily and weekly reconciliation.
Pros
Always busy. Never idle . great friend with staff and regular customer
Cons
Repetative stress and some customer relation chalenges unsolvable
fun produtive
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 October 2017
always fun place to work no matter what always are aloud to finish breaks to finish eating your food and such and needed time off they would just let have it depending on situation.
Pros
awsome boss
Cons
non
nice workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 October 2017
Good to work for, understanding work life balance, good training, always offered overtime and extra hours, generally friendly culture, good as a part time job for students