No Frills Employee Reviews

Fun place to work Except for some employees
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON1 February 2017
A typical day would be filled with various small jobs that needed to be completed including filling shelves, inventory management, scanning out broken/damaged items and many more small jobs. I learned that working hard and volunteering to do more in the workplace helped my advancement in the business and with the people who employed me. The owners of this workplace were probably the best bosses I've had out of all my experiences, they were very humorous and made work more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was dealing with one manager who put everyone down and was an overall bully. He always made the workplace a uncomfortable environment and even caused a fellow employee to have an anxiety attack. Besides that everyone else were very kind and also put a smile on my face. The most enjoyable part of working there was getting to know everyone and work together making a difference.
Pros
Great Owners, union and good people
Cons
One bad manager
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 January 2017
I feel like No Frills is a good place to work if you enjoy working with customers. You will be working with them on a daily basis and very many at one time. It can be fun
Productive fun work place
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 January 2017
While I was at no frills I experienced many new situations as it was my first job. Experiencing different situations while working hard gave me new tools to work at my next job, and will benefit later on.
Pros
hard work
Cons
nothing
Great part-time workplace for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
Working here was great. Don't expect salary advances or to be treated as an individual. No use in working hard nobody will apprecaite it
Pros
Fun staff, great customers
Cons
Management isn't so nice
great job evironment
clerk (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 January 2017
The work environment is pretty straight forward, easy to learn and for the most part organized.What i learned is the fact of how easy the job can be.Management are for the most part easy to get along with and help you whenever in need. The workplace culture is good and it has a good atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is facing,facing is really monotonous and a bit of a drag.Working with the ppl.
Pros
it's not hard work
Cons
not enough hours
review
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
nice place to work, good environment. get a lot of customer service experience and skills to set you up for jobs in the future that may interest you..
good work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
typical grocery store
clean
nothing is hard
stable part-time hours
friendly customers
good staff
management is friendly and understanding
Pros
union
Cons
not alot of hours
Easy simple workplace with flexible work days
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 January 2017
Typical day is spotting products then cutting and stocking. Then just helping around to tidy up the store.
People here are really nice so the work environment is nice.
The job is pretty easy in general once you learn where things go but theres really no rush to learn and everyone there is willing to help you. The only thing that kinda sucks is waking up early.
Pros
Generally easy job if you put in a decent effort
Cons
Waking up early
great co workers
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 January 2017
a typical day at no frills would be serving the customers and making sure they get threw without any problems, providing a smile when putting groceries threw, when closing general cleaning of the lanes.
Pros
very flexible and understanding
Cons
over staffed
Productive, supervisor was condescending. co-workers nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 January 2017
I reported to the office to find out where which cash I was being placed on, and discuss sales on that day. I processed cash, debit, credit transactions, took coupons, sometimes refunds, or hold orders. My supervisor told us to be vigilant of people stealing. The interview was very intensive, asked many questions and why she should pick me and not the other candidates. I felt they like to exercise their power. Maybe it was just that No Frills, I have worked at others and it was not as intensive. Overall, not bad, supervisor was on a power trip.
Pros
co-workers nice
Cons
supervisor was consescending
Amazing management
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 January 2017
Variety of working environments. Most days go by very quickly because there is always something to do. Management is very friendly and understanding. Customers are generally very happy with the right attitude towards them.
Pros
Variety of learning skills
Cons
Customers can be grumpy
Alrightplace to work but was stressful at times
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB3 January 2017
Some of the managers and co-workers were nice but my Department Manager was not very nice to his employees sometimes and judged performance harshly. He saw what I could do when I'm hyper on Energy Drinks and assumed that was my normal speed and anything slower was me not trying which led to him getting mad at me a lot. All in all it's not a terrible place to work but be prepared todeal with easily upset managers or employees who are inexperienced getting better treatment.
Pros
Decent time stamps, nice co-workers
Cons
Managers too high strung sometimes, inexperience sometimes getting rewarded more then experience
Fast pace friendly environment.
Cashier/cash office clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 December 2016
Fast pace environment. Must be able to multitask and count corrects change to complete customers transactions. Friendly and easygoing attitude is a must. Must be able to work well with others as well as individually. Knowledge of the products whereabouts is a plus as customers will often ask for assistance in finding what they are looking for.
Pros
Management is quite accommodating at scheduling hrs or availability.
Cons
Unionized, hourly pay does not increase to match the increasing minimum wage.
Chill
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 December 2016
The workers there are like a family. It's always a fun time. Lots of jokes and laughs. It is a very chill place to work. There are no cons to this job, only pros. Love working at No Frills.
Managers were the best part
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 December 2016
Great peole to work for until the new owner took over. Still a great store just different service. I feel some of the most welcoming and caring staff were let go or fired. Still friendly just not as filled with smiles.
Great place to get some experience
Pharmacy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenora Ontario Canada8 December 2016
Management for the whole store wasn't very good.. The guy was a pervert and didn't care about what anyone thought unless it made him look good.. Now, the Pharmacy was good.. They taught me so much.. my experience there was good.. it makes you realize that it is a lot harder then it looks.
Pros
Hours were different from the store's.. No tobacco or alcohol was sold on the location
Cons
Manager was a pervert
They do not follow the schedule that you provide them with and just give you any shifts.
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 December 2016
A typical day at work, hear my boss complain the whole shift, snd yell. My co workers are fun, the hardest part of the job is my managers. The enjoyable part is that i get to put a smile on a customers face.
Pros
good hours
Cons
15 minute breaks
Very fun and productive within the department
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 November 2016
When the Produce manager was in all ran smoothly, but the heads of other departments just did not see eye to eye with him. This made for good and bad days at work. Other than that the job in itself was pretty simple.
Fun place to work at
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
Overall great place to work, hours are resonable and easy to change. Fellow collegues are easy-going and fun to work with.
Productive, yet boring workplace.
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridges, ON20 November 2016
Work would be the same thing every shift, its either you stock, face, or push the carts back into their proper area. Very uninteresting and basic work. Not much you can learn while working here.
Cons
Uninteresting Work, Repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at No Frills. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8