No Frills Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun and enjoyable part time job.
Grocery, Meat and Bread Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Good co-workers and approachable management. I enjoy interacting with customers and providing helpful customer service. The hardest part of my job is dealing with late deliveries and shorted items.
Pros
Great supervisor, positive work environment
Cons
Minimum wage, no benefits, no required certificates.
Good place for a first job to get your feet wet
floor worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 9, 2016
The hardest part of the job was knowing and identifying which items go where and keeping the whole department tidy all by yourself.
Pros
work under a union
Cons
tough hours
My Day
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day would include cashing customers out at the register, help stock shelves and helping customers with anything they need.

I enjoy the people I work with & find management to be fair.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly atmosphere I have at work.

The hardest part of the job is the fact I'm standing for a majority of my day.
Pros
Friendly Atomsphere
Cons
The Commute
easy going
customer service (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONJanuary 2, 2016
good job for students, management is lazy so be prepared to do everything they dont want to do even if theyre not doing a thing.
Pros
timmies run every morning
Cons
cold
Excellent communication with others and Hard working
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 23, 2015
Understanding feelings of others and Supportive, shares credit and accepts responsibility.Enjoy working with others and likes communicating with them.
Cons
Short hours
No Frills-Part-Time
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 20, 2015
Wonderful people to work with and customers were nice. I would recommend this to anyone who is interested. There isn't much else to tell about this workplace.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hard work
There are good days and bad days
Cash office supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBDecember 2, 2015
working at No Frills has been a great experience for the most part, my co-workers are great and so are some of the management.

Unfortunately the manager of the front end expects me a minimum wage employee to move up to a high position with more responsibility, with no raise in pay what so ever.

It didn't bother me at first but over time it wares you out.

but the job is great and the people I work with are amazing and from all different walks of lives.
Pros
great co-workers, flexable schduling
Cons
lack of orginization, underpaid
Productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 10, 2015
Really enjoyed working here. It was fun and energetic and a great learning experience. My co workers were extremely helpful with helping me get started and knowing how to deal with customers on a day to day.
NoFrills
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABNovember 7, 2015
It is a very demanding job if you are not use to the physical labour. I enjoy how it is ran and find the owners are wonderful. I've felt welcomed since I started there and sadly had to leave due to moving
high volume, fast pace
Full Time Positions (Current Employee) –  brighton ontOctober 25, 2015
dealing with the public is so exusting and so rewording at the same time, can be repetitive and exciting at the same time very eventful, never no what days like.
Great Place Great Staff
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABOctober 25, 2015
Very fun and relaxing place to work, Learned plenty to take with me to new choices of work in life. I enjoyed my time working for this company
Small town feel in the City
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 20, 2015
A typical day at work is all about the people I serve, often I am told, "You are always smiling", I tell them, it's my nature!!! I've learned that you can always find something extra to do for your clients. I am very privileged to have worked with management and senior staff over a long period of time, we can count on each other for professional support. The hardest part of the job will always be handling customer dissatisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I take care of.
Pros
Clients and Staff
Cons
Long times on your feet.
Great place to work.
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, ABOctober 14, 2015
a great place to work, i gained more experience here then anywhere else i have worked. i started as a part timer, and within three months i was promoted too a full time key holder. Management always handed me the ball when i asked for it, and encouraged me to run as far as i could with it as well making me feel as part of the family .
fun place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEOctober 8, 2015
this was a great job for after school, kept my weekdays busy and allowed me to gain customer service experience. My boss was great and was very understanding anytime i needed time off for tests
The hardest part of the job would have to be being around alot of perople i didnt know and had to teach them how to it right.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa. OntSeptember 29, 2015
Had to make sure everyone was keeping up to the quota and I was responsible for the paper work . I had to make sure everyone was wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) looked after about 10 -15 people.
Pros
Night job
Cons
Usually very slow except when online
Productive and Amusing work environment
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONSeptember 28, 2015
A typical day at work would be re-stocking the produce items; as well as moping the floors and picking up fallen produce items. I learned a lot at No Frills, I am now able to tell you about any fruit or vegetable you would like to know about.I also further developed my social and customer service skills. At No Frills the staff works very well as a team.The hardest part of working at No Frills was remembering bar-codes to tell the cashiers. The most enjoyable part of the job was bonding and helping the customers.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not very many shifts
Great employment opportunity
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 11, 2015
This job gave me lots of customer service experience and allowed me to work in a team environment as well as independently. I was given many opportunities to work in different departments as well.
Nightshift is hard work and adjusting to the schedule is also a difficult task.
Nightshift staff (Former Employee) –  VaughanSeptember 10, 2015
After a few days of working, i was thinking about quitting and luckily a few of my friends were hired as well and we tried our best to be positive and get the job done
Pros
Play music over P.A speaker
First job.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Ont.September 8, 2015
No frills was an okay place to work for a student, Considering it was my first job things were a little difficult in the beginning. A month after starting there was new management coming into place and it was very difficult to adjust with all the chances in such short time. There wasn't many hours available since since so many people were hired all at once. Throughout it all the owner was a great person! He tried to make us enjoy the time we were working.
Pros
great coworkers, friendly customes
Cons
not enough hours
Good people to work with
Cashier, Kingston (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONSeptember 7, 2015
working with customers
working with cash
dealing with difficult customers
repetition
the staff is mostly friendly and nice
Cons
working all weekends