No Frills Employee Reviews

Great customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2017
Great environment, great co-workers and the individuals that would shop at the business. They were flexiable with hours and work always work around school schedules.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Wanted more hours
Not good
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON29 December 2017
If you enjoy working with a team of teens who dont care too much about what gets done and what doesnt. This is perfect for you. Trying to get any opportunity to prove yourself is a hard task here.
productive workplace
Produce Worker (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK29 December 2017
i learned how manage time and fun to work with the co-workers.
workplace is very nice.
my enjoyable part of my job is to communicate with customers.
poor management
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  High River, AB28 December 2017
very limited cashier. hours of works is limited. a lot of duties at the same time. no proper training and they accept new applicants resulting to almost 8 hours of work a week.
Pros
easily hired
Cons
very limited hours offered
Productive and fun
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 December 2017
Never not working. I was always working with my friends so it was always fun, but still got our work done. Management switched at one point which made everything different which eventually made me want to change jobs
great for high schoolers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON28 December 2017
working here was great while in school as long as you don't need time off for sports as when i worked there it was a real hassle to get time off. management wasn't very kind or caring but it was organized and they spoke to you like you were a human.
Pros
fun staff, amazing christmas party, union
Cons
hard to get time off, fun work environment
Decent First Job
Cashier/Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON27 December 2017
Cashing customers with their orders, doing stock during times where it wasnt busy on the register. I learned a lot about dealing with money and gained customer service knowledge. The hours were not the best and the pay was okay for a first part time job. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to customers and gaining customer service experience
Pros
Customer Service Experience
Cons
Not enough hours
Don't bother
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 December 2017
U will get hit hard with union dues iniation fees and union dues . They give you minimum wage. Why bother have a union? When they hired you, you are welcome by everybody.
The owner comes in asking if you can work other shifts if you say no. You will be let go after paying off the union dues.
Avoid this location. It's good for teenagers because they will accept it. You are better off doing something else.
Pros
Co workers
Work Experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 December 2017
I enjoy working in no-frill because of people, environment and lots of opportunities. I have been working here for three months and till now I did not have a bad experience. Employees are like family, they help me no matter what. Whenever I do something wrong they talk to me nicely and teach me how to do that rather than scolding. This is the best part. The hardest part is to live heavy stuff on the belt when costumers cannot lift it we have to do it.
not a great comunity
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 December 2017
when working there i found that you have to learn on your own and figure out how to do things on your own. however this was not a bad thing because it taught me how to be independent and teach myself time management and teamwork for future training.
Pros
short hours
Cons
not such a great community
Fun and Enjoyable Job
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB17 December 2017
The job is very fun and my boss was incredibly entertaining. The work is easy and the time goes by fast. The best part of the job were the people I worked with.
Pros
People are great
Cons
Cold
Not the best
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 December 2017
One of my first jobs that taught me how to deal with customers and retail, also being able to get the customer happy. Overall it was a decent place to start my first job at.
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours
A place where you can earn and learn
Part time cashier at no frills (Current Employee) –  Steeles, ON16 December 2017
Staffs are nice, they help each other. You can learn how to deal with different kinds of people.
You have to be polite and nice when serving a costumer.
The management are nice and very approachable.
Good Student Job
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kincardine, ON15 December 2017
I was a a summer student at the store for three summers. Nice in that the union kept my job for me when I was at school. It's a grocery store. Minimum wage. Enough said.
Great place to work.
Cashier (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB12 December 2017
Very good place to work, enjoy dealing with customers ensuring they are getting the best service possible. Would be better if all staff could put suggestions forward.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Part time
productive
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Port Dover, ON11 December 2017
good place
great people
always meeting new people
always learning different cultures of food and
just loved the environment of it
themangers were great
Fun workplace with a great group of people to work with
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON8 December 2017
I absolutely love working here. I have met so many amazing people, as well as have gained a lot of very close friends both in and outside of work through here. I would recommend everybody work at Nofrills
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2017
Its a good for part time job only, advancement to full time is hardly attainable. The schedule in not that flexible most of the times, its a mandatory for them to work atleast one day every weekend. A fast pace environment and you will encounter different kinds of people at work, which will help you to improve your social skills and ability to work under pressure.
Pros
Union
Cons
Low salary
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 December 2017
The workplace was great. Had a phenomenal experience. Networked with others. Managers were great. Good part-time job. Great shopping environment. Loved it
this place is a dead end
Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 December 2017
workers pitted against each other, former employees of garys make $18 with full health, adrians employees make min with bad health. too many chiefs for sure
Pros
Cons
lots