No Frills Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing place to work
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2016
Everyone that worked there was so happy and we all got along so good. They were easy going and as long as you did your job they didnt get mad at you. They paid good and gave a good amount of hours
Great place to work.
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, ABOctober 14, 2015
a great place to work, i gained more experience here then anywhere else i have worked. i started as a part timer, and within three months i was promoted too a full time key holder. Management always handed me the ball when i asked for it, and encouraged me to run as far as i could with it as well making me feel as part of the family .
its a good job :)
Front cash (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ONJune 6, 2016
I've just started working there, but for what I've seen I enjoy the job. I work front cash there, so I'm just ensuring customers leave happy.
Its a pretty good place to work.
Manual Laborer (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMay 8, 2015
It is a very enjoyable place to work. The only problem is that I continue to learn new tasks and they refuse to promote me or give me a raise. My typical day starts at 7 in the morning where i would start organizing the produce cooler, initial the temperature log and start bringing the produce out onto the displays. My co-workers can work well when they put their minds to it. The hardest part of my job is picking up my co-workers slack.Little things they could and should do but don't.
Cons
Lack of hours
Terrible
Dairy Worker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 14, 2016
Managers overwork you and when you request more hours absolutely nothing is done about it. Wouldn't recommend anyone working here unless their okay with being a mule for long periods of time.
Pros
Cons
Less hours
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Division Street, Kingston, OntarioMay 7, 2016
The training was quick, easy, and in-depth. I received a nice introduction into the cashier position and then once I was ready I went independent with the support I needed.
ok
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, ABApril 23, 2016
its ok for work, not the best employees and hours, good management. best selling food and products. loved working in the backroom kepted it clean organized.
Pros
food
Cons
hours
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 7, 2016
Tom&Michelles nofrills is a welcoming work environment with amazing co workers and owners. Overall a good business. The hardest part of working here is standing for the 6 hours not moving much.
Pros
a lot of hours
very productive
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABApril 7, 2016
great experience taught me allot about managing and maintaining the isles and trained me in great customer service, in dealing with upset customers or refunds.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
fun workplace nice people to work with
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 13, 2016
I unloaded trucks with stock
management were very nice and easy to work with
most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things
Nice atmosphere to work in
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ONApril 6, 2016
co-workers are friendly and it was very well organized. Unfortunately I did not work here for very long and didn't get any shifts after the stores opening.
Mind Numbing Work-Entertaining People
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ONOctober 24, 2013
You learn relatively nothing new because management it run top down, which allows for little knowledge to trickle down to anyone outside management.
The people you work with are amazing, great and funny people, most of whom you'll end up calling your friends.
The hardest part of the job is maintaining sanity while working seemingly endless shifts when business is slow.
The people you work with are the most enjoyable part of the job and its simple labour if that's what you're interested in.
Cons
early mornings, long hours, no raises, zero upward mobility, no responsibility
great over all
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2016
good you work they are happy. you follow what they have to say and what they tell you and they are happy . dont disobey them. anything else would be to show up and do you job
Pros
lunch
Cons
buggies
Very good management but not my kind of workplace
Bakery/Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJune 21, 2015
A typical day at No Frills was pretty straight forward; open, reduce, than stock and clean until close. I definetly learned a few things while being employed at No Frills, one of the main things being that the grocery/supermarket business really wasn't for me. I started out training in the produce department, until I sliced my thumb open cutting celery. I was bleeding so profusely that my body felt weak and my head felt weary. After that shift, I was then transferred to the bakery stock department. After about a week into training I felt extremely comfortable with the daily routine and almost all of the tasks at hand, but in the freezer there would be stock from other departments blocking my products, and I physically didn't have the strength to move the pallets with a pallet jack, nor did I feel comfortable with using an electric hand jack, so that was when I had decided it was time I left No Frills. I didn't feel comfortable with what I was doing so now I'm trying to pursue something I'd have a better chance of professing in; such as a customer service represenitive (with emphasis in the fashion industry because I'm so into clothing and dressing up) or a cashier, with my bright, cheerful attitude and my will to help others get to where they need to be.
Pros
Long hours, good management, good supervision.
Cons
Cooler set up, employees (grocery department)
high energy workplace with dynamic environment
Front End Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
this is a fairly stressful job with high energy. the other workers are very kind and the managers are quite harsh, which is understandable. The customers come in waves so when it is busy it's BUSY.
Was agreat opporunity to gain experience.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
During my time at no frills I learned several different techniques and strategies to work more efficiently as well as be more time productive
Productive and Fun to work at
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 18, 2016
-organized place to work
-co workers were responsible and hard working
-learned to rotate items and record temperature and other logs
grave yard shift
stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 5, 2015
typical day you get to work at 11 o clock at night to 7 30 in the morning
learned how to use a pallet jack
management was not to great had nice people but you could tell they didn't want do much
co workers were great they make the day go by fast cause u actually
enjoying being around them
hardest part of the job was that it was from 11 pm - 7 30 am
the most enjoyable part was that people
Pros
easy
Cons
bad hours
Enjoyable place to work
Grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJune 2, 2015
Typical day at Nofrills included simple and easy tasks given to you by the managers, never had to put much thought into the work you do. Working as a grocery clerk your job consists of stocking shelves (including doing overstock), helping customers and cleaning up the aisles.
What I learned - new ways to quickly get stock out on the floor while memorizing where each product goes.
Management was decent, although there was a lack of communications between the employer and the employees.
Co-workers were friendly and welcoming.
Hardest part of the job was keeping displays and end caps clean on big sale days.
Most enjoyable - being able to work by myself and run most of the department by myself.
Pros
Staff/Coworkers
Cons
Keeping department clean
Busy and flexible workplace with a good environment
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2016
A typical day work would include, lifting objects that can be 50+ pounds, pushing buggies back from the parking lot into the lobby, refilling displays of fruits and vegetables, and constantly providing customer service.
I've learned about business management, and operations management approaches, because I attended school at humber college for a business management program. Working at No Frill's helped me have a better understanding of it because I see the business techniques in action through the manager how he manages not only his but other peoples time, merchandising, and contracts within the company.
No Frill's is a team based workplace, and my co-workers do make a great team, everyone is friendly and respectful to each other, as we do plan times to spend with each other out of work. Everyone has their different strengths and weaknesses but each one of us are different from the other, and have different strengths that can make up for each others weaknesses.
One flaw about the job I would say is that since I work in the Produce Department only, we have not been trained to know the products that are in the grocery department, so when a customer asks a produce clerk about a product that is in the grocery department, sometimes we wouldn't know what the customer is talking about or sometimes don't know where it is located. So us produce clerks need to find a grocery clerk for assistance, but it seems like that department is under staff because most of the time, the grocery clerks would be in the back room or they are hard to find because of having two or three of them on
  more... the floor for such a big department.
But the most enjoyable about this job is that, it is very flexible for me because I attend school and they understand and have workers that can work if needed.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Grocery department understaff

2.8