No Frills Employee Reviews

injoyable, strait foward, fast paste
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 January 2016
A typical day at work for me was vary repetitive witch did lead to good understanding on what to do and how things are done, working in a grocery store was interesting, buying something new that I have not had before as I see something vary appetizing that I stock on the shelves. fun co workers with great social skills and positive attitudes even if someone was having a rough day. co workers and I would work hard as a team rather we are unloading shipments of products, to loading shelves and facing labels outwards for our customers to find what they are looking for.
Pros
masive salection in lunch when on brake and easy to shop for grocerys
Cons
no benifits
There are good days and bad days
Cash office supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 December 2015
working at No Frills has been a great experience for the most part, my co-workers are great and so are some of the management.

Unfortunately the manager of the front end expects me a minimum wage employee to move up to a high position with more responsibility, with no raise in pay what so ever.

It didn't bother me at first but over time it wares you out.

but the job is great and the people I work with are amazing and from all different walks of lives.
Pros
great co-workers, flexable schduling
Cons
lack of orginization, underpaid
fun place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 September 2016
management is really nice. co workers are really nice. job is really flexible when it comes to taking days off. working as a produce clerk was really fun because it was easy going.
too much hour for the minimum salary
Meat Department (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 April 2016
from 7 to 1, I improved my customers service skill, very friendly, I enjoyed to work there. the hardest prt of this job is the minimum salary, the management is fine,I like to work so for me every thing was well.
Cons
Was not an enjoyable work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 August 2016
Management was rude, and unprofessional.
I barely got any hours and when I did, they were people who called in sick. No Frills didn't value their employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
My manager liked to pick on me.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON29 October 2016
My manager liked to pick on me because I was new. I didn't know everything about the store and still don't. My boss seems to think even if they don't tell me I should know everything about what is currently happening in store. I need an environment where my boss tells me everything I need to know to get the job done.
Pros
Sometimes there were snacks in the break room
Cons
Too much criticism and not enough "you're doing great"
No Frills
Bookkeeper/Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Marystown, NL28 July 2016
I absolutely love working at no frills because it is exactly like working within a family environment regardless of if you are related to someone or not. I learned pretty well a majority of my life skills here as I was able to do pretty well every job the store has to offer so far. The hardest part of my day is when I have workers that don't want to move forward with the rest of us and I have to have a chat with them. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see everyone else is happy and not miserable.
Pros
Smiles, Laughs, Easy to work around schedules, Staff lunches, etc.
Cons
lots of call-ins, some days are crazy some days are dead
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 August 2016
great people and environment. awesome company and great benefits. always fun when I go into work. awesome
Not a good place to work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ON15 November 2016
I wasn't getting any hours I got 3 days a week and then it went own from there. I thought i was doing fine, noon ever told me I wasn't then a few weeks later I got let go cause they said I wasn't understanding to something I was still on probation however so they didn't need a reason
Cons
Rude customers
Really good enviroment
Front End Clerk (Former Employee) –  11531 41Ave NW Edmonton, AB22 April 2016
I enjoyed going to work everyday, I learned how to weigh items and count change properly, I give a BOO to the management though. I didn't like the manager she didn't treat us all equally. Fun and easy going Coworkers. Hardest part of the job is trying to remember all the 4-digit produce codes. My co workers were fun and they were very patient with training.
Pros
Discounts, Free Pizza Lunch random days, Paid weekly
Cons
Standing in one spot, Sore legs, dealing with grouchy customers, lunch break short
They do not follow the schedule that you provide them with and just give you any shifts.
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 December 2016
A typical day at work, hear my boss complain the whole shift, snd yell. My co workers are fun, the hardest part of the job is my managers. The enjoyable part is that i get to put a smile on a customers face.
Pros
good hours
Cons
15 minute breaks
wonderful job yet awful management
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB10 March 2016
I absolutely loved working in produce, I learned the foundations of having responsibilities and working hard. The management was more so like high school students rather than professional workplace leaders. I would work roughly 25-30 hours a week, which included a lot of heavy lifting and working at a quick pace. The CEO was very selective on who she believed was a good person character wise and if she had decided that you were not a person of good characteristics, she would treat you as if you were not important nor did you amount to anything.
Pros
organizing and restocking shelves and displays
Cons
unfriendly co-workers
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 November 2016
no frills is a great place to work just not a lot of full time job,s but an excellent part time job. The people are nice and treat you with a lot of respect. Would recommend it as a good part time job. I learned how to manage my time approiateilly mad mulity task, keep up with the demand of goods
Productive, yet boring workplace.
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridges, ON20 November 2016
Work would be the same thing every shift, its either you stock, face, or push the carts back into their proper area. Very uninteresting and basic work. Not much you can learn while working here.
Cons
Uninteresting Work, Repetitive
Very fun and productive within the department
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 November 2016
When the Produce manager was in all ran smoothly, but the heads of other departments just did not see eye to eye with him. This made for good and bad days at work. Other than that the job in itself was pretty simple.
fast pace environment
produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2016
We would work as team get everything done at points management was not the greatest by hey i stuck with it got the work done with excellence and smile on my face every single day! There was a lot nice people I worked with that put smile on my face everyday so i won't complain. overall i learned a lot and i'm grateful for the experience.
Pros
nice people
Cons
poor management
Good for part time work
Grocery/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON27 May 2016
Not much room for advancement and not the most enjoyable place to work. Younger group of employees therefore a lot more drama and high-school mentality. If you stick to your tasks such as facing shelves, unloading skids and setting up displays you can build on your creativity and work ethic.
great co workers
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 January 2017
a typical day at no frills would be serving the customers and making sure they get threw without any problems, providing a smile when putting groceries threw, when closing general cleaning of the lanes.
Pros
very flexible and understanding
Cons
over staffed
Productive, fast-paced work environment
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON5 July 2016
everyone is friendly and really easy to work with, management is really friendly at some locations. Productive fast-paced work environment.
The staff is great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK11 October 2016
I like working there but I did the same job before in kindersley and received top wage but when I started here I got minimum wage but I am required to do the same thing as my front end supervisors
Pros
Great people
Cons
Getting paid the same as the new people but I have way more experience

2.8