No Frills

• Salary/Benefits
Meat Clerk
Meat clerk (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONMay 26, 2014
stocking shelves
where everything is in the store
learning about everything
dealing with customers
meeting new people
job experience
A very professional, serious workplace- For better and worse
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 17, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: inflexible, forced hours with harsh punishments and zero job-security.
The job is basic incarnate, essentially impossible to mess up given proper training. The customers are generally respectful and easy to help, management is concise and everything is generally pretty peachy.

Until you're sick for a day, wherein the company is perfectly happy with tossing you into the ditch and picking up another round of newbies.

Easy – more... to get into the job, yes, if only for the fact that the employee turn-over per year is at a quite frankly disturbing level. I heard a figure that reached triple digits, as in upwards of 100 or more, but nothing official or statistically solid. With how many people I saw go in my time there, I'm inclined to believe it.

No discounts either.

So in short, it's a good place to work at as long as you never miss a day for any reason ever, you don't mind a sub-minimum wage pay, and no benefits. – less
Productive workplace with room to advance, fast paces
Cash Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Clarenville NLMay 13, 2014
In summary, was a great place to work, management had things very put together which made for happier climate in the workplace. I advanced in this work position to the cash office which was a new experience to me, I enjoyed it, was very hectic at times, but I enjoyed the challenge and improved daily. The hardest part of the job was time management, – more... being that there was only one supervisor/cash office employee night time which made for minimal time to get everything done, overall would definitely consider going back to this place to work if I needed too. – less
Excellent place to start, amazing coworkers
Meat Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 8, 2014
Pros: amazing coworkers, pizza lunches for a job well done
Cons: not enough hours at times, manager switches
Typically at work I would check dates, stock shelves, clean shelves, answer any and all customer questions or concerns and make sure everything was in proper working order.
At work, I learned to be independent and get my job done well, on time and with the maximum amount of effort possible.
The managers switched around a lot, but the few who stayed – more... were amazing, they always made sure I felt welcome into our little No Frills family.
My coworkers were the best part about my job, they made coming into work the most amazing time. I went in for a job and came out with tons of new friends. We all help each other out and make sure we`re all on task. I couldn`t have asked for a better team! – less
Low Stress Job
CASHIER (Former Employee), Beaumont, ABApril 28, 2014
Pros: low stress
Cons: part time only, had to push carts in without a machine everyshit.
No Frills was a low stress job, which is great for someone in school. The staff was awesome, and the uniforms weren't tacky.
flexible schedule
Cashier (Former Employee), London, OntarioApril 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule for students
Cons: pay, long hours of standing in one spot hard on the body and sanity!
Was very flexible for students, some of the management were very nice but some were rude, and the lunch room was always messy and not a nice atmosphere to spend your break in.
Love the company
Stocker (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONApril 2, 2014
Everyday there is always lots of work and all the staff i worked along side was always willing to help.
Productive and fast paced.
Cashier - in training (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
A great place to gain knowledge! I learned several new skills involving transactions, customer relations, using the register, and maintaining cleanliness of surrounding cash areas.
Terrible owners poorly run
Cashier (Former Employee), North battlefordMarch 26, 2014
Cons: terrible owner
Terrible place to work. Completely disorganized, schedule conflicts and poor management. I was seriously unimpressed with the way fraizer ran the place and how he treated the staff. A good boss would be out on the floor with his employees not hiding in the back. I would always check my schedule and they would change it on me. No benefits but union job, – more... you get one 15 min break for every 6 hr shift. Only 10.00 a hr. All the hours you put in they take off. Lots of misleading communication between fraizer Jen the supervisors and management and terrible stock. Lots of very unhappy customers – less
Retail store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2014
Friendly and helpful co workers but stressful retail environment with long working hours including weekends.
not a good place to work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Beamsville, ONFebruary 28, 2014
I worked there for just under a year and was treated very poorly
Good environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: standing for long periods
Typical day at work is usually very good. Talking with customers while scanning their groceries was good. Work usually would go by fast when the store was busy. Management was good and so were co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was probably the standing for long periods of time.
Most enjoyable was talking to the customers.
Enjoyable workplace
Grocery Department (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 24, 2014
A typical workday at No Frills is stocking the shelfs, facing the shelfs and doing grocery calls.
Busy workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 13, 2014
A typical day at No Frills would be just ringing customers through getting to meet a wide variety of individuals. The management is good, co-workers are friendly, hardest part of the job is not getting enough hours but the most enjoyable would have to be meeting new people.
Excellent Managment and Staff
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), 1226 Place d'Orleans Dr.February 13, 2014
Pros: friendly and approachable staff
Cons: few hours
Upon arrival at work I survey my department and take note of any missing or low inventory and immediately refill the items. Throughout the day I assess the displays and bring out any product which needs topping up, while maintaining my stock area free of any clutter; this involves either cleaning the counters or reducing skids. If I see any customers – more... having difficulty I approach them and offer my assistance. Both Management and Co-Workers are exceptionally friendly and approachable, for the most part everyone has a smile on their face and I've never hesitated in asking anyone a question work related or otherwise. The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant interaction with customers and co-workers as well as the opportunity to familiarize myself with different fruits and vegetables, as it compliments my health related interests. – less
Fun work place, fair lunch break
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: not having to bag items
Cons: hires only part time
Learning transactions with credit card, debt cards, as well as vouches. Starting off at minimum wage. Dealt with customer care. Communications skills is a must. Building relationships with customers, and problem solving is key. There is no benefits, or discounts.
productive and fun place
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: free lunch everyday after work
Cons: long hours
friendly people
the most important time was when the supervisor was telling us who is the worker
fun love to work great with working in groups or a lone
Stock Person (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: quick learner love to work
co-workers are all older than me youngest on nights. learned time management shipping and receiving and lots more.
Typical Grocery store
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2014
It is a typical grocery store, with the same environment and work habits. The hardest part of the job is to maintain the quantity of the sale good.
Productive place to work at with fun, hard working employers.
Stocker (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: pay was weekly and you get free lunch on holidays such as christmas and thanksgiving.
Cons: distance between my house and job was far, and you're always kept longer than when your shift is over
A typical day at work was to begin by stack eggs to make sure there full, then always checking the milk crates to see when it is needed to be stacked to be filled. After, we go stack any new packages that arrive and face products on the shelves. The management of the dairy department was very calm and relaxed but also stressed on the importance of being – more... a hard worker and likes things done with 100% effort. The co-workers where very insightful and friendly. Hardest part of the job was the fast paced movement and getting everything done before your time expires. – less