No Frills

No Frills Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: standing for long periods
Typical day at work is usually very good. Talking with customers while scanning their groceries was good. Work usually would go by fast when the store was busy. Management was good and so were co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was probably the standing for long periods of time.
Most enjoyable was talking to the customers.
Enjoyable workplace
Grocery Department (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 24, 2014
A typical workday at No Frills is stocking the shelfs, facing the shelfs and doing grocery calls.
Busy workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 13, 2014
A typical day at No Frills would be just ringing customers through getting to meet a wide variety of individuals. The management is good, co-workers are friendly, hardest part of the job is not getting enough hours but the most enjoyable would have to be meeting new people.
Excellent Managment and Staff
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), 1226 Place d'Orleans Dr.February 13, 2014
Pros: friendly and approachable staff
Cons: few hours
Upon arrival at work I survey my department and take note of any missing or low inventory and immediately refill the items. Throughout the day I assess the displays and bring out any product which needs topping up, while maintaining my stock area free of any clutter; this involves either cleaning the counters or reducing skids. If I see any customers – more... having difficulty I approach them and offer my assistance. Both Management and Co-Workers are exceptionally friendly and approachable, for the most part everyone has a smile on their face and I've never hesitated in asking anyone a question work related or otherwise. The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant interaction with customers and co-workers as well as the opportunity to familiarize myself with different fruits and vegetables, as it compliments my health related interests. – less
Fun work place, fair lunch break
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: not having to bag items
Cons: hires only part time
Learning transactions with credit card, debt cards, as well as vouches. Starting off at minimum wage. Dealt with customer care. Communications skills is a must. Building relationships with customers, and problem solving is key. There is no benefits, or discounts.
productive and fun place
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: free lunch everyday after work
Cons: long hours
friendly people
the most important time was when the supervisor was telling us who is the worker
fun love to work great with working in groups or a lone
Stock Person (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: quick learner love to work
co-workers are all older than me youngest on nights. learned time management shipping and receiving and lots more.
Typical Grocery store
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2014
It is a typical grocery store, with the same environment and work habits. The hardest part of the job is to maintain the quantity of the sale good.
Productive place to work at with fun, hard working employers.
Stocker (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: pay was weekly and you get free lunch on holidays such as christmas and thanksgiving.
Cons: distance between my house and job was far, and you're always kept longer than when your shift is over
A typical day at work was to begin by stack eggs to make sure there full, then always checking the milk crates to see when it is needed to be stacked to be filled. After, we go stack any new packages that arrive and face products on the shelves. The management of the dairy department was very calm and relaxed but also stressed on the importance of being – more... a hard worker and likes things done with 100% effort. The co-workers where very insightful and friendly. Hardest part of the job was the fast paced movement and getting everything done before your time expires. – less
No Frills review
Meat & Deli (Former Employee), North Battleford, SKDecember 23, 2013
Pros: payday every week
Cons: unhappy customers
A typical day was always different which I enjoyed.
What I learned is how a meat department is run.
Management was great, they understood me and my personality.
Co-workers were so-so, I believe there's a time and place to share information about themselves and others.
The hardest part of my job was coming out of my shyness, but it has improved during – more... my time away from there. Also not having the right answers for the customers. I felt like I wasn't fulfilling the customers needs because they would ask the oddest questions.
The most enjoyable part of the job was keeping my department clean and full of stock, seeing a job well done. – less
Grocery Employee Workplace For Seven Years
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONDecember 13, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: hours are inconsistent
What employees strive for in a Grocery store is customer service. Co-workers are easy going but professional about their job position at the same time. The hardest part would be the labor of working really heavy items on to the shelves or overhead stock. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see the same customers faces and getting to know – more... them in a pleasant atmosphere. But been meaning to explore and start a new job as there are many more experiences worth looking for. – less
awesome place to work
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee), MississaugaNovember 26, 2013
Pros: experience
Daniels No Frills is what gave me my first taste of working in the cash office being a supervisor as well as being a cashier. I left because i had some personal problems to deal with.
Not the best
Cashier (Former Employee), Arnprior, ONNovember 25, 2013
Pros: friendly cashiers
Cons: strict management
Working there I have never felt so stressed in my life. I have worked in grocery stores before and never have I felt so degraded in my life.

Management was rude, inconsiderate and only nice when they needed something from you, like to take a shift or work extra late. They yelled and were constantly angered by the smallest mistakes.

I always took shifts – more... when they asked me and was never once late. However, management always seemed upset and would use any excuse as to get mad at you. I once asked for one day off because I had to go out of town and it was a HUGE deal, even though I had line-ups of people willing to take my shift. Finally, they allowed someone to take it, but that was after they gave me a long lecture and guilt trip, even though I always happily took other peoples' shifts.

A company employee who was supposed to be part of management once swore at me and was extremely rude. He accused me of messing up my cash, when in fact, it had been someone else. He used the words "did you mess up your cash today?" to which I replied "no," and he responded, "better f*&king not have."

I liked the people I worked with, just not the management. I felt like I was always looked down upon and was never truly appreciated.

Every time I went in for a shift it seemed like something was always 'wrong'. They always got mad at the smallest things, even with others. – less
easy and fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough hours
No Frills is my temporary job because it is part time but i do like working there and learning about new cultures and different foods.
Management is terrible
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Woodstock, OntarioNovember 16, 2013
Pros: fairly easy work
Cons: bad produce management
The produce manager is very picky when it comes to how the job is done, he didn't train me at all and expects you to know exactly what you're doing. Let me go after only working a few shifts and didn't tell me why at all. It would have been a good first job if it wasn't for the produce manager. The one employee I worked with the one day trained me on – more... how things are to be done more than the actual manager. – less
easy going great place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Renfrew, ONNovember 11, 2013
great place to work. Great people to work with. You always have a great time while you are at work.
Mind Numbing Work-Entertaining People
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 24, 2013
Cons: early mornings, long hours, no raises, zero upward mobility, no responsibility
You learn relatively nothing new because management it run top down, which allows for little knowledge to trickle down to anyone outside management.
The people you work with are amazing, great and funny people, most of whom you'll end up calling your friends.
The hardest part of the job is maintaining sanity while working seemingly endless shifts when – more... business is slow.
The people you work with are the most enjoyable part of the job and its simple labour if that's what you're interested in. – less
Interesting experience
Front End cashier (Former Employee), Tonronto, ONOctober 22, 2013
Pros: faster working pace.
Cons: bare negative emotions.
Working in NoFrills provided me a chance to learn to communicate and pass on the best accurate answer to people. In a typical work day, I will have to make sure customers are satisfied with the services I provide also I will have to make sure the price of groceries are accurate, I will usually do a little chat with the co-workers while there was no – more... customers at the cashier, they are all very kind. Co-workers will have to provide help and develop a team while serving the customers. For example, one less experienced cashier could not remember the product code and the experienced ones will help him/her. There are numerous difficult time in working in NoFrills. Sometime customers got less patient while waiting in line. Some of they tend to release the negative emotions on the cashier ever though service was accurate. – less
Easy going job
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Brighton, ONOctober 16, 2013
Pros: straight forward, not too difficult to pick up tasks
Cons: seniority rule.
I didn't get much time to work here, but in the time i did i found that the co-workers were great people and easy to get along with.
.................
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2013
Pros: ...........
Cons: .........
a typical day at work .... but I gain alot of work experience from this job..