No Frills Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
wonderful job yet awful management
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABMarch 10, 2016
Pros: organizing and restocking shelves and displays
Cons: unfriendly co-workers
I absolutely loved working in produce, I learned the foundations of having responsibilities and working hard. The management was more so like high school students rather than professional workplace leaders. I would work roughly 25-30 hours a week, which included a lot of heavy lifting and working at a quick pace. The CEO was very selective on who she believed was a good person character wise and if she had decided that you were not a person of good characteristics, she would treat you as if you were not important nor did you amount to anything.
good learning experiance
Customer service, team based environment, able (Former Employee), albion mallMarch 6, 2016
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: unable to advance
enjoyable work environment minimal supervision flexible hours friendly co workers and customers great learning experience able to transfer skills learned to other workplace
Amazing place to work
Assist customers (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2016
Everyone that worked there was so happy and we all got along so good. They were easy going and as long as you did your job they didnt get mad at you. They paid good and gave a good amount of hours
Flexible Hours
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Pros: Great people
Cons: Not enough hours
Has flexible hours...people are great to work with. Need to be somewhat strong and well organized.Management could be better but overall great place to work.
Under-average Work Place
Grocery Store Representative (Former Employee), Cochrane, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: Paid breaks
Cons: Lack of Communication/Management skills, No hours, uncomfortable environment
Difficulty communicating with owner/employees in regards to scheduling. Lack of hours without notice, or reasoning. Taught me organization skills, as well as customer service skills.
Productive and Fun to work at
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 18, 2016
-organized place to work
-co workers were responsible and hard working
-learned to rotate items and record temperature and other logs
great over all
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: lunch
Cons: buggies
good you work they are happy. you follow what they have to say and what they tell you and they are happy . dont disobey them. anything else would be to show up and do you job
Was agreat opporunity to gain experience.
Stocker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
During my time at no frills I learned several different techniques and strategies to work more efficiently as well as be more time productive
high energy workplace with dynamic environment
Front End Worker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
this is a fairly stressful job with high energy. the other workers are very kind and the managers are quite harsh, which is understandable. The customers come in waves so when it is busy it's BUSY.
It was an alright place to work
Clerk (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Polite staff
Cons: Terrible hours and unionized
I couldn't complain at first the hours were really good and the staff were all very polite. But I didn't like how it was unionized making you pay ridiculous dues and the fact that the hours quickly dissipated when you were starting out at roughly 25+ hours a week then it suddenly drops to nothing within about 2 months or so.
injoyable, strait foward, fast paste
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: masive salection in lunch when on brake and easy to shop for grocerys
Cons: no benifits
A typical day at work for me was vary repetitive witch did lead to good understanding on what to do and how things are done, working in a grocery store was interesting, buying something new that I have not had before as I see something vary appetizing that I stock on the shelves. fun co workers with great social skills and positive attitudes even if someone was having a rough day. co workers and I would work hard as a team rather we are unloading shipments of products, to loading shelves and facing labels outwards for our customers to find what they are looking for.
ok
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Chestermere, ABJanuary 21, 2016
stacking selfs
nothing really
management was okay
co-workers were friendly
arms feel tired after you get bored
the music
Fun and enjoyable part time job.
Grocery, Meat and Bread Clerk (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Great supervisor, positive work environment
Cons: Minimum wage, no benefits, no required certificates.
Good co-workers and approachable management. I enjoy interacting with customers and providing helpful customer service. The hardest part of my job is dealing with late deliveries and shorted items.
Good place for a first job to get your feet wet
floor worker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: work under a union
Cons: tough hours
The hardest part of the job was knowing and identifying which items go where and keeping the whole department tidy all by yourself.
My Day
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Friendly Atomsphere
Cons: The Commute
A typical day would include cashing customers out at the register, help stock shelves and helping customers with anything they need.

I enjoy the people I work with & find management to be fair.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly atmosphere I have at work.

The hardest part of the job is the fact I'm standing for a majority of my day.
easy going
customer service (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Pros: timmies run every morning
Cons: cold
good job for students, management is lazy so be prepared to do everything they dont want to do even if theyre not doing a thing.
Excellent communication with others and Hard working
Crew Member (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 23, 2015
Cons: Short hours
Understanding feelings of others and Supportive, shares credit and accepts responsibility.Enjoy working with others and likes communicating with them.
No Frills-Part-Time
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: Hard work
Wonderful people to work with and customers were nice. I would recommend this to anyone who is interested. There isn't much else to tell about this workplace.
There are good days and bad days
Cash office supervisor (Current Employee), Saint John, NBDecember 2, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, flexable schduling
Cons: lack of orginization, underpaid
working at No Frills has been a great experience for the most part, my co-workers are great and so are some of the management.

Unfortunately the manager of the front end expects me a minimum wage employee to move up to a high position with more responsibility, with no raise in pay what so ever.

It didn't bother me at first but over time it wares you out.

but the job is great and the people I work with are amazing and from all different walks of lives.
Productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 10, 2015
Really enjoyed working here. It was fun and energetic and a great learning experience. My co workers were extremely helpful with helping me get started and knowing how to deal with customers on a day to day.