No Frills

No Frills Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive no non-sense workplace.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: company parties
Cons: harsh work environment
A typical day at No Frills is you clocking in and getting straight to work. This harsh work environment promotes productivity and teaches you time management skills in the process. The managers are always down your backs which pushes you to work even harder. The hardest part of the job is keeping up the pace with the environment.
Flexible
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Brighton, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Flexible and difficult. Mean Owner, low pay................................................................................................................................................................................................
Not a very well managed store
Dairy Manager/Store clerk (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: was good in deciding what i wanted to do with my life
Cons: i was not able to meet my full potential in this career
-depending on which department I was working in I would place orders for any products needed on the shelves, mostly in the dairy department. Organize products, stock shelves, handle any customer questions and much more

-I learned how to handle customer questions and provide excellent service and also how to manage the dairy department

-I was promoted to Dairy manager

-Fun working environment and had lots of co-workers

-Working extremely hard for little pay

-Worked with a lot of my friends
fun workplace with fun coworkers
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: fun coworkers
Cons: bad managemet
i would stack shelves, take of boxes of the overhead shelf
i learned how to cut boxes, look for potential hazards and remove them
the hardest part of my job would be working with 2 other coworkers facing the store
the fun part was lifting milk cartons and getting exersie in
survival job
Night Crew (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2014
Pros: open work space
Cons: with limited benefits
A typical work environment that you must have to deal with. Workers keep come and go because of the working shift.
productive work environment
produce clerk/ grocery clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2014
Pros: depending on the shift you can get payed breaks
Cons: like stated above a lot of talking behind backs
no frills is a pretty good place to work a side from the fact that there is a lot of talking behind employees backs and the management didn't act like management whatsoever. although that was only at the one location and from that point there is a new owner now and i believe he runs the place a lot better.
stocked shelves
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Belleville, ONDecember 3, 2014
very busy, yet fun place too work. good starter job. Met allot of nice people.
Great Morale
Dairy Manager (Current Employee), Aylmer, ONNovember 30, 2014
We start early in the morning, when the trucks arrive we start working the daily load of stock. I learned how to provide good customer service as well as how to properly maintain a grocery store. Management was a little bit up and down, great one day and very pushy the next. Co-workers are great, make the day go by a lot better. Hardest part is making sure the quality of the store is maintained, especially on busy days. Most enjoyable part is being able to work with friends, great family atmosphere.
Not much to say
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Erie, ONNovember 26, 2014
I don't have much to say. It was okay. I wouldn't go back to the Fort Erie No Frills again. Maybe other No Frills are good.
Productive and well managed work environment
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 8, 2014
A typical day at work would start off with the arrival of a new order of products which could be for either the grocery, dairy, frozen, bakery, or produce departments. Once the order had arrived grocery clerks such as myself would begin stocking the products on their designated shelves/bunkers. Once the order was complete the grocery clerks would begin working on back stock (left over products from previous orders that there was now room for on the shelves) until the end of their shift. I learned many things during my time working for no frills including how to properly stock different products, how to use a hand jack, how to deal with customers, and how to work well with a large group of co-workers. From my experience the management at no frills was very good. My managers were always organized and ready to assist if need be. I would say the hardest part of the job would be loading/unloading heavy boxes which I still had no problem with. And finally I would say that the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my co-workers. This is because my no frills had a very friendly and welcoming environment which allowed all employees to work together positively.
Overall a good place
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Sydney, NSOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great staff and management
Cons: little room for advancement
In a typical day I would be tasked with loading and unloading trucks via Forklift (Raymond), managing stock, filling stock to shelves, refilling display stock and rotation of perishable stock (dairy, produce, bread, etc).

Management was generally very easy to work with and was flexible and accommodating to me during my time in University and High School and gave clear instructions on my tasks.

Co-workers were very easy to get along with and made work very enjoyable and less monotonous each day (Many of my tasks were repetitive in nature).
Did not get along with the owner
Cashier (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONSeptember 30, 2014
I had some personal issues with the owner as well as his wife which was the cause of me quitting.Other than that I enjoyed working there and was there for almost 2 years
Productive work place
Part Time Cashier/ produce (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Working at nofrills was ok. I learned a lot about produce. Management was ok. Co-workers were nice.The hardest part was inventory< most enjoyable greeting customers
Decent job
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: not that hard of a job
Cons: you have to deal with managers and there stupidity
No frills is a decent job if you are in high school - college. You learn how to deal with customers, smile..smile...and smile. Each day i get to work i have to take items off the skids and put them on a cart. I then stock the shelves with these items. Co workers are cool. Management is good. The best part of this job is getting to go home. Hardest part of the job is pushing carts
Dont work here
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 20, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
The managers are cheap and they dont care about you and also they are rude if your not a prefect employee even though theyre cheap.
Made the best of it
Work as a cashier/trainer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no excitement at all
Working at a cheap grocery store was not my ideal job. But I did it with a smile on my face, and did what I had to do. I was always the most cheerful one there, and the quickest as well.
It was a part time job that got me through high school and college.
Sales
Cashier (Former Employee), Royal york and queenswayAugust 1, 2014
A typical day at No Frills, would be working at your till beginning of your shift to the end. Dealing with customers scanning there items helping them if they need help with items.
What I have learned by working at No Frills, I learned a bunch of codes for the produce I also learned a lot of new produce from different countries. My co-workers at No Frills were very nice and friendly, they helped me a lot when I needed codes and didn't know how to do certain things. The hardest part of working at No Frills or any type of grocery store is learning all the codes. The most enjoyable part of working at No Frills was making the customers smile.
Great within the pharmacy
Part-time cashier (Former Employee), Kenora, ONJuly 31, 2014
Early attendance was a must in order to insure that the workplace and files were organized and presentable. I was responsible for insuring the costumer recieved their proper medication and to address any detailed questions to a pharmacist. I worked closely with the pharmacist technicians, pharmacist assistants as well as the pharmacists themselves. I learned how to organze files in a timely fashion as well as work with people of all walks of life.
No frills
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2014
• Greeted customers in a friendly and courteous manner
• Provided helpful and timely assistance to customers successfully meeting their needs and resolving their concerns
• Effectively handled cash, account payments, credit card and other financial transactions
• Clearly and persuasively explained the benefits of products and services to customers resulting in higher sales
Very friendly culture and a great experience.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 13, 2014
Pros: work at your own pace.
Cons: not enough hours.
A typical day at work consisted of organizing skids, and bringing out new food while also rotating/reducing all the old food. I learned lots of communication skills through dialog with customers, co-workers and management. I worked with friendly, energetic people and made some friends.

1 2 3 4 5