No Frills Employee Reviews

Great place to get some experience
Pharmacy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenora Ontario Canada8 December 2016
Management for the whole store wasn't very good.. The guy was a pervert and didn't care about what anyone thought unless it made him look good.. Now, the Pharmacy was good.. They taught me so much.. my experience there was good.. it makes you realize that it is a lot harder then it looks.
Pros
Hours were different from the store's.. No tobacco or alcohol was sold on the location
Cons
Manager was a pervert
They do not follow the schedule that you provide them with and just give you any shifts.
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 December 2016
A typical day at work, hear my boss complain the whole shift, snd yell. My co workers are fun, the hardest part of the job is my managers. The enjoyable part is that i get to put a smile on a customers face.
Pros
good hours
Cons
15 minute breaks
Very fun and productive within the department
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 November 2016
When the Produce manager was in all ran smoothly, but the heads of other departments just did not see eye to eye with him. This made for good and bad days at work. Other than that the job in itself was pretty simple.
Fun place to work at
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
Overall great place to work, hours are resonable and easy to change. Fellow collegues are easy-going and fun to work with.
Productive, yet boring workplace.
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridges, ON20 November 2016
Work would be the same thing every shift, its either you stock, face, or push the carts back into their proper area. Very uninteresting and basic work. Not much you can learn while working here.
Cons
Uninteresting Work, Repetitive
Good place to gain work experience in Canadian market
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Fine management that takes time out to listen to employee problems and makes efforts to accommodate schedule, very friendly and helpful work environment.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 November 2016
no frills is a great place to work just not a lot of full time job,s but an excellent part time job. The people are nice and treat you with a lot of respect. Would recommend it as a good part time job. I learned how to manage my time approiateilly mad mulity task, keep up with the demand of goods
Not a good place to work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ON15 November 2016
I wasn't getting any hours I got 3 days a week and then it went own from there. I thought i was doing fine, noon ever told me I wasn't then a few weeks later I got let go cause they said I wasn't understanding to something I was still on probation however so they didn't need a reason
Cons
Rude customers
Joe's No Frills Produce Clerk Review
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 November 2016
Typical day:

I usually have to fill bananas when I first start, which is fine because it's my favourite thing to fill. Then throughout the day I'm filling things that need filling, sweeping the floor when it needs it, preparing certain things, like celery and romaine, which need to be trimmed.
Closer to the end of my shift, I start reducing all the produce that was pulled from the shelf.
After we close, I do my regular closing duties, such as facing the product, taking things that need to be kept cold to the cooler etc.

All my coworkers and managers are great. I get along with every single one of them.
On a busy day, I enjoy seeing my regular customer and cashing them through quickly with a smile.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2016
A typical day involves greeting and serving a wide variety of people and personalities, checking prices, accurate entry of products being purchased, making sure that I am knowledgeable about products and current sales. The job has taught me problem solving, handling difficult people, cooperation with co-workers, retail food business in general.
The management and culture at this particular store leans toward an offhanded manner that does not encourage a healthy work attitude or generate loyalty and communication with owner and supervisors is probably the most difficult part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with my regular customers and co-workers.
Pros
Interacting with regular customers, job satisfaction from being very fast on the cash register.
Cons
Irregular hours, difficult customers
My manager liked to pick on me.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON29 October 2016
My manager liked to pick on me because I was new. I didn't know everything about the store and still don't. My boss seems to think even if they don't tell me I should know everything about what is currently happening in store. I need an environment where my boss tells me everything I need to know to get the job done.
Pros
Sometimes there were snacks in the break room
Cons
Too much criticism and not enough "you're doing great"
Good Management
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON13 October 2016
At No Frills, everyday is pretty much the same day. You clock in and go straight to the the desk that you are designated. You scan every order purchased by customers and make sure none is left unpaid in the buggy. I got to memorize all the codes of produce and how to deal with difficult customers. The management are very particular with the time too so tardiness is not accepted. My co-workers became my friends that even though I don't work there anymore, we still hang out on our spare time. It's just really hard sometimes whenever they give me different time schedules because I work 2 jobs. sometimes I work 11pm-7am at timmies then I have to go work at No frills at 8am, but that only happens twice. Most of my schedule are afternoon. The most enjoyable part of my job there is seeing all the regular customers that are jolly especially the old people because they are really close to my heart.
Pros
Union
Cons
Not enough hours and unpredictable schedule.
no frills was a great place to work as a student
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB12 October 2016
i enjoyed working at no frills, my co workers were fantastic and reliable. a typical day at work involved simple cashier tasks, cleaning and costumer service
Pros
loved my co workers
Cons
not enough hours
The staff is great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK11 October 2016
I like working there but I did the same job before in kindersley and received top wage but when I started here I got minimum wage but I am required to do the same thing as my front end supervisors
Pros
Great people
Cons
Getting paid the same as the new people but I have way more experience
Fun Workplace
Stocker/ Receiver (Former Employee) –  Chestermere, AB30 September 2016
Very energetic team of co-workers
Very clean store
Learned how to do signage
Learned how to stock shelves properly
Learned new things daily
Very nice staff
Good Coworkers. Nice management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 September 2016
Not anything special, sometimes it's busy, sometimes it is not.
How to work together with others,
Co workers were nice, helpful and very friendly.
There was nothing too hard, it was okay.
When i would work or have a shift with someone i knew well. it would be a fun shift
Pros
None.
Cons
No such benefits
easy going and friendly work place
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON13 September 2016
this work place is relaxed and everyone outs in there equal effort to complete the tasks at hand. management is respectful and friendly. no frills works around your schedule and tries to make everyone's time fit in to the work schedule.
Pros
easy going work environment
Cons
some people don't put full effort in
fun place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 September 2016
management is really nice. co workers are really nice. job is really flexible when it comes to taking days off. working as a produce clerk was really fun because it was easy going.
Only Left due to store closing down
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2016
Work as a cashier was great but the customers can really push your buttons at times. Hard to get more than 6 hours a shift and 20 hours/week. store was close down due to owner relocating.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hours
Was not an enjoyable work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 August 2016
Management was rude, and unprofessional.
I barely got any hours and when I did, they were people who called in sick. No Frills didn't value their employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing

2.8