No Frills Employee Reviews in Canada

Good for part time work
Grocery/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 27, 2016
Not much room for advancement and not the most enjoyable place to work. Younger group of employees therefore a lot more drama and high-school mentality. If you stick to your tasks such as facing shelves, unloading skids and setting up displays you can build on your creativity and work ethic.
Decent part time workplace environment
Grocery, Dairy, Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
Start your shift with fulfilling duties requested by manager in charge, mostly influenced by head manager/store associate. Tasks usually vary depending on seniority between co-workers during the shift.
I have worked in the dairy department for example, where there hasn't been really a manager set in place, so i'd have to take control and more of a leading role. Due to seniority and majority of hours in that specific department I'd have the need to keep it organized and keep it up to the required standard.
Some days I could be pushing buggies outside. Other days I can be organizing the back room, moving skids around, taking product apart of skids, keeping it clean, and building trucks for co-workers. Taking more of a managers approach and role when there's a majority of lower by seniority co-workers during the same shift. Majority of co-workers are hard working, easy to get along , from many different ethnic cultures with a desire to work. Management is great as you move up in seniority you really notice the new things you learn from management and the trust they put in you to accomplish greater tasks.the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different customers on a day to day basis and working with your co-workers as a team.
Was a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
I was happy to be working there and the other staff members where wonderful. I was also happy that if they where short staffed they would call me in to work for extra hours.
Pros
Paid luanch
Cons
there are no cons
Great work place with great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMay 16, 2016
great work place to be in with very nice employees. Everyone helps you if you dont know how to do something on the cash and makes you feel welcome when asking for help.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
Rude boss
not a bad first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, ABMay 10, 2016
i did not work here for very long. they were very good with giving me reasonable hours being in school at the time. i worked as a cashier first but standing on my feet not moving for 4-8 hours, depending on the day was not for me. However i moved to working stock and enjoyed it alot more.
Good Work Environment
Grocery Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMay 10, 2016
The overall work environment of No Frills was very friendly and comfortable place to work. A typical day at work would be me arriving at 8 am to start my shift, where i would stock shelves with different products the store offered. around 11 am i would get a 30 min lunch, and then would continue my job until the end of my shift at 1:30pm. From this job, i have learned a lot about working with others in a friendly environment, stocking and organizing different products, and how to work quickly and efficiently. The hardest part of the job would be lifting the product cases, as they could be very heavy. My favourite part of the job was being able to work on my own, and with others at the same time to complete the overall goal of that day.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
not enough hours
Challenges your communication skills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONMay 9, 2016
Working at No Frills is really fun, especially if you're friends with all the other cashiers. Dealing with mean customers is no big deal if you're coworkers are nice. My typical day would be cashing out people or returning items.
Pros
They provide benefits for all workers
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Division Street, Kingston, OntarioMay 7, 2016
The training was quick, easy, and in-depth. I received a nice introduction into the cashier position and then once I was ready I went independent with the support I needed.
No Frills has Lots of Thrills
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 5, 2016
The rating above is actually my personal work experience. I was told I would just lift things and put them places, but there was more than I bargained for.
Produce Clerks also answer questions from customers, wrap "Reduce", do janitorial work, help customers carry their groceries to their car or wheelchair, manage a giant crushing machine, and stack lots and lots and LOTS of bananas. And to top it off, there's the need to memorize both what needs to be stacked and what's still in the cooler, in case a customer asks if we have any in stock.

It's not all that bad, though. Many of the co-workers are enthusiastic and helpful, doing whatever they can to support themselves and new employees. I'm sure newcomers will feel right at home.

As this was my first ever job experience, I now know that there's a lot more to a job than meets the eye, and am now ready to tackle many other jobs. I just hope I can find one.
Pros
A break room
Cons
No necessary tools (knives to cut box tape), lack of time for training
fast pace environment
produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
We would work as team get everything done at points management was not the greatest by hey i stuck with it got the work done with excellence and smile on my face every single day! There was a lot nice people I worked with that put smile on my face everyday so i won't complain. overall i learned a lot and i'm grateful for the experience.
Pros
nice people
Cons
poor management
ok
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, ABApril 23, 2016
its ok for work, not the best employees and hours, good management. best selling food and products. loved working in the backroom kepted it clean organized.
Pros
food
Cons
hours
too much hour for the minimum salary
Meat Department (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 22, 2016
from 7 to 1, I improved my customers service skill, very friendly, I enjoyed to work there. the hardest prt of this job is the minimum salary, the management is fine,I like to work so for me every thing was well.
Really good enviroment
Front End Clerk (Former Employee) –  11531 41Ave NW Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2016
I enjoyed going to work everyday, I learned how to weigh items and count change properly, I give a BOO to the management though. I didn't like the manager she didn't treat us all equally. Fun and easy going Coworkers. Hardest part of the job is trying to remember all the 4-digit produce codes. My co workers were fun and they were very patient with training.
Pros
Discounts, Free Pizza Lunch random days, Paid weekly
Cons
Standing in one spot, Sore legs, dealing with grouchy customers, lunch break short
Hard work, fast pace
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Typical day at work: Check inventory, replace empty shelves, clean stock room, touch up and make the products in each aisle look presentable.
Fun co-workers to be around.
Very demanding management, often times unfair/unreasonable
Fast pace and heavy lifting
Hardest part of the job is at closing when the managers are expecting extremely fast work.
fun workplace nice people to work with
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 13, 2016
I unloaded trucks with stock
management were very nice and easy to work with
most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things
Fun place to work had lots of friends there
Manager (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABApril 11, 2016
Most days were the same as there were stock days which went by a lot faster then there were slower days where I or another manager would find things for staff to complete. Great place to work management was very understanding and supportive of the staff.
Pros
Good pay and good people
Cons
Morning shifts
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 7, 2016
Tom&Michelles nofrills is a welcoming work environment with amazing co workers and owners. Overall a good business. The hardest part of working here is standing for the 6 hours not moving much.
Pros
a lot of hours
very productive
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABApril 7, 2016
great experience taught me allot about managing and maintaining the isles and trained me in great customer service, in dealing with upset customers or refunds.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
Nice atmosphere to work in
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ONApril 6, 2016
co-workers are friendly and it was very well organized. Unfortunately I did not work here for very long and didn't get any shifts after the stores opening.
Hard Working Job with fun people
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 22, 2016
Fun work days,
Consists of customer service and organization tasks
Hardest part of the job can be based on how the load for the day looks (can consist of many different skids loaded with a variety of products that need to be shelved and organized)
Pros
Co workers and Hours