No Frills Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
There are good days and bad days
Cash office supervisor (Current Employee), Saint John, NBDecember 2, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, flexable schduling
Cons: lack of orginization, underpaid
working at No Frills has been a great experience for the most part, my co-workers are great and so are some of the management.

Unfortunately the manager of the front end expects me a minimum wage employee to move up to a high position with more responsibility, with no raise in pay what so ever.

It didn't bother me at first but over time it wares you out.

but the job is great and the people I work with are amazing and from all different walks of lives.
injoyable, strait foward, fast paste
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: masive salection in lunch when on brake and easy to shop for grocerys
Cons: no benifits
A typical day at work for me was vary repetitive witch did lead to good understanding on what to do and how things are done, working in a grocery store was interesting, buying something new that I have not had before as I see something vary appetizing that I stock on the shelves. fun co workers with great social skills and positive attitudes even if someone was having a rough day. co workers and I would work hard as a team rather we are unloading shipments of products, to loading shelves and facing labels outwards for our customers to find what they are looking for.
Fun and enjoyable part time job.
Grocery, Meat and Bread Clerk (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Great supervisor, positive work environment
Cons: Minimum wage, no benefits, no required certificates.
Good co-workers and approachable management. I enjoy interacting with customers and providing helpful customer service. The hardest part of my job is dealing with late deliveries and shorted items.
wonderful job yet awful management
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABMarch 10, 2016
Pros: organizing and restocking shelves and displays
Cons: unfriendly co-workers
I absolutely loved working in produce, I learned the foundations of having responsibilities and working hard. The management was more so like high school students rather than professional workplace leaders. I would work roughly 25-30 hours a week, which included a lot of heavy lifting and working at a quick pace. The CEO was very selective on who she believed was a good person character wise and if she had decided that you were not a person of good characteristics, she would treat you as if you were not important nor did you amount to anything.
My Day
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Friendly Atomsphere
Cons: The Commute
A typical day would include cashing customers out at the register, help stock shelves and helping customers with anything they need.

I enjoy the people I work with & find management to be fair.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly atmosphere I have at work.

The hardest part of the job is the fact I'm standing for a majority of my day.
Good Work Environment
Grocery Attendant (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 10, 2016
Pros: flexible shifts
Cons: not enough hours
The overall work environment of No Frills was very friendly and comfortable place to work. A typical day at work would be me arriving at 8 am to start my shift, where i would stock shelves with different products the store offered. around 11 am i would get a 30 min lunch, and then would continue my job until the end of my shift at 1:30pm. From this job, i have learned a lot about working with others in a friendly environment, stocking and organizing different products, and how to work quickly and efficiently. The hardest part of the job would be lifting the product cases, as they could be very heavy. My favourite part of the job was being able to work on my own, and with others at the same time to complete the overall goal of that day.
Under-average Work Place
Grocery Store Representative (Former Employee), Cochrane, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: Paid breaks
Cons: Lack of Communication/Management skills, No hours, uncomfortable environment
Difficulty communicating with owner/employees in regards to scheduling. Lack of hours without notice, or reasoning. Taught me organization skills, as well as customer service skills.
No Frills has Lots of Thrills
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 5, 2016
Pros: A break room
Cons: No necessary tools (knives to cut box tape), lack of time for training
The rating above is actually my personal work experience. I was told I would just lift things and put them places, but there was more than I bargained for.
Produce Clerks also answer questions from customers, wrap "Reduce", do janitorial work, help customers carry their groceries to their car or wheelchair, manage a giant crushing machine, and stack lots and lots and LOTS of bananas. And to top it off, there's the need to memorize both what needs to be stacked and what's still in the cooler, in case a customer asks if we have any in stock.

It's not all that bad, though. Many of the co-workers are enthusiastic and helpful, doing whatever they can to support themselves and new employees. I'm sure newcomers will feel right at home.

As this was my first ever job experience, I now know that there's a lot more to a job than meets the eye, and am now ready to tackle many other jobs. I just hope I can find one.
Great friendly work atmosphere
Bookkeeper/ Front end supervisor (Former Employee), Langley, BCJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Great open and friendly learning enviroment
Cons: long hours, climbing flights of stairs to the second store office at least 20 odd times daily
I loved working at No Frills. It was fun and open, everyone tried to help everyone else and it was a very comfortable family oriented feeling. I got hired on with almost no experience to be a bookkeeper/ front end supervisor. I got taught how to close, balance tills, do closing, manage the front end. Thanks to the patience and dedication of my management team I enjoyed my time there very much.
Flexible Hours
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Pros: Great people
Cons: Not enough hours
Has flexible hours...people are great to work with. Need to be somewhat strong and well organized.Management could be better but overall great place to work.
Small town feel in the City
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Clients and Staff
Cons: Long times on your feet.
A typical day at work is all about the people I serve, often I am told, "You are always smiling", I tell them, it's my nature!!! I've learned that you can always find something extra to do for your clients. I am very privileged to have worked with management and senior staff over a long period of time, we can count on each other for professional support. The hardest part of the job will always be handling customer dissatisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I take care of.
Really good enviroment
Front End Clerk (Former Employee), 11531 41Ave NW Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2016
Pros: Discounts, Free Pizza Lunch random days, Paid weekly
Cons: Standing in one spot, Sore legs, dealing with grouchy customers, lunch break short
I enjoyed going to work everyday, I learned how to weigh items and count change properly, I give a BOO to the management though. I didn't like the manager she didn't treat us all equally. Fun and easy going Coworkers. Hardest part of the job is trying to remember all the 4-digit produce codes. My co workers were fun and they were very patient with training.
ok
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Chestermere, ABJanuary 21, 2016
stacking selfs
nothing really
management was okay
co-workers were friendly
arms feel tired after you get bored
the music
First job.
CASHIER (Former Employee), Hamilton Ont.September 8, 2015
Pros: great coworkers, friendly customes
Cons: not enough hours
No frills was an okay place to work for a student, Considering it was my first job things were a little difficult in the beginning. A month after starting there was new management coming into place and it was very difficult to adjust with all the chances in such short time. There wasn't many hours available since since so many people were hired all at once. Throughout it all the owner was a great person! He tried to make us enjoy the time we were working.
easy going
customer service (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Pros: timmies run every morning
Cons: cold
good job for students, management is lazy so be prepared to do everything they dont want to do even if theyre not doing a thing.
Great place to work.
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee), Wainwright, ABOctober 14, 2015
a great place to work, i gained more experience here then anywhere else i have worked. i started as a part timer, and within three months i was promoted too a full time key holder. Management always handed me the ball when i asked for it, and encouraged me to run as far as i could with it as well making me feel as part of the family .
fast pace environment
produce clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Pros: nice people
Cons: poor management
We would work as team get everything done at points management was not the greatest by hey i stuck with it got the work done with excellence and smile on my face every single day! There was a lot nice people I worked with that put smile on my face everyday so i won't complain. overall i learned a lot and i'm grateful for the experience.
Hard work, fast pace
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Typical day at work: Check inventory, replace empty shelves, clean stock room, touch up and make the products in each aisle look presentable.
Fun co-workers to be around.
Very demanding management, often times unfair/unreasonable
Fast pace and heavy lifting
Hardest part of the job is at closing when the managers are expecting extremely fast work.
It was an alright place to work
Clerk (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Polite staff
Cons: Terrible hours and unionized
I couldn't complain at first the hours were really good and the staff were all very polite. But I didn't like how it was unionized making you pay ridiculous dues and the fact that the hours quickly dissipated when you were starting out at roughly 25+ hours a week then it suddenly drops to nothing within about 2 months or so.
Its a pretty good place to work.
Manual Laborer (Current Employee), North York, ONMay 8, 2015
Cons: Lack of hours
It is a very enjoyable place to work. The only problem is that I continue to learn new tasks and they refuse to promote me or give me a raise. My typical day starts at 7 in the morning where i would start organizing the produce cooler, initial the temperature log and start bringing the produce out onto the displays. My co-workers can work well when they put their minds to it. The hardest part of my job is picking up my co-workers slack.Little things they could and should do but don't.