No Frills

No Frills Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Alright work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABJune 22, 2015
quit working there because they change the schedule with out informing you , would change a persons shift from a morning one to and evening one
Very good management but not my kind of workplace
Bakery/Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJune 21, 2015
Pros: Long hours, good management, good supervision.
Cons: Cooler set up, employees (grocery department)
A typical day at No Frills was pretty straight forward; open, reduce, than stock and clean until close. I definetly learned a few things while being employed at No Frills, one of the main things being that the grocery/supermarket business really wasn't for me. I started out training in the produce department, until I sliced my thumb open cutting celery. I was bleeding so profusely that my body felt weak and my head felt weary. After that shift, I was then transferred to the bakery stock department. After about a week into training I felt extremely comfortable with the daily routine and almost all of the tasks at hand, but in the freezer there would be stock from other departments blocking my products, and I physically didn't have the strength to move the pallets with a pallet jack, nor did I feel comfortable with using an electric hand jack, so that was when I had decided it was time I left No Frills. I didn't feel comfortable with what I was doing so now I'm trying to pursue something I'd have a better chance of professing in; such as a customer service represenitive (with emphasis in the fashion industry because I'm so into clothing and dressing up) or a cashier, with my bright, cheerful attitude and my will to help others get to where they need to be.
A normal day at work
General All around store clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: great hours, good team members, excellent management, friendly environment
Arrived at work and asked my manager what needs to be done for the day, I would write down all my duties of the day.
After I start my duties I made sure that my working area is clean and organized so I can see what items I needed to re-stock.
If I finished all my duties earlier I would ask my manager which area needs to be re-stock or clean and proceeded to do whatever was needed.
Enjoyable place to work
Grocery clerk (Former Employee), EdmontonJune 2, 2015
Pros: Staff/Coworkers
Cons: Keeping department clean
Typical day at Nofrills included simple and easy tasks given to you by the managers, never had to put much thought into the work you do. Working as a grocery clerk your job consists of stocking shelves (including doing overstock), helping customers and cleaning up the aisles.
What I learned - new ways to quickly get stock out on the floor while memorizing where each product goes.
Management was decent, although there was a lack of communications between the employer and the employees.
Co-workers were friendly and welcoming.
Hardest part of the job was keeping displays and end caps clean on big sale days.
Most enjoyable - being able to work by myself and run most of the department by myself.
First job it was okay
Stocker (Former Employee), Peace River, ABMay 24, 2015
For a first job it was alright... Honestly every problem i had with it was management. Owner was rude and played favorites. but all the co-workers were great. And it wasn't a hard job by any means.
good eye contact and communication
Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 9, 2015
focus on main tasks.
learned how to deal with customer with more positive attitude.
management skills are very good because I manage most of things correctly and on time.
my co-workers are always happy with me.
I don't believe anything hard. everything takes time to learn so there will be not any hard part.
communication with other employees.
Its a pretty good place to work.
Manual Laborer (Current Employee), North York, ONMay 8, 2015
Cons: Lack of hours
It is a very enjoyable place to work. The only problem is that I continue to learn new tasks and they refuse to promote me or give me a raise. My typical day starts at 7 in the morning where i would start organizing the produce cooler, initial the temperature log and start bringing the produce out onto the displays. My co-workers can work well when they put their minds to it. The hardest part of my job is picking up my co-workers slack.Little things they could and should do but don't.
productive job with a great atmosphere
self stocker (Former Employee), jones no frillsMay 7, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed working with the people i met
Cons: didn't get a lot of shifts
During my work shift I would have to stock selves, organize produce, help customers with their shopping and clean the store after we had closed
It fun
Packer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2015
Its fun to work in no frills, I used to work there when was in high school in 2012. It was really helpful for me to earn some money on side along with my high school. Easiest part is when you are not having a busy day and you quickly finish all the tasks without getting interrupt from the calls of co workers and customers. Hardest part is nofrills doesn't really offer more than 24 hours a week.
A fair workplace environment
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), mississaugaApril 28, 2015
Pros: Gave me experience in retail
Cons: long shifts
A typical day consisted of restocking, organizing and clearing the parking lot of shopping carts. The staff was helpful in training and ongoing questions I had.
Great Co-Workers to work with
Cashier Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Pickering, ONApril 27, 2015
A day at no frills is manly busy fast past environment, as a cashier. With fun co-workers to work with. You learn about how to deal with customers everyday, the hardest part of being a cashier is not being able move around much and stand in one area for a long time.
Good place to work for night shift
Stocker In-charge (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
Fun working on foods, daily new challenges you encounter. It is hard when someone is absent and fun when everyone is around and working on their respective area,
wonderfull boss
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), west hill,kingstonApril 8, 2015
Pros: good hours
it was a good work place, what was amazing was the managemet, although like some place u wont get along with some of your bosses most of the your bosses are really relax and act like you are family
Secure workplace with great co-workers however I do not receive many hours.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2015
Nofrills is a very secure job that provides enough hours when enrolled in school however it does not provide enough hours when school is not in session. The environment and co workers are all very friendly and outgoing, after three years of working with them they have truly become my family, however it is time for me to move on in order to build on my experience. A typical day at work involves me cashing out customers groceries, facing the store, doing returns and attending to all customer inquiries. There is nothing very hard about the job for me, the only negative thing that comes to mind is the lack of hours I receive. The most enjoyable part of the job is certainly interacting with the customers and the strong bond I have developed with my coworkers.
Horrible Management
produce (Former Employee), Hamilton OnMarch 22, 2015
Cons: no space
I was assured i would have training i showed up the day of for my orientation they told me to go home it was a mistake,they told me the wrong date they failed to maintain any understanding of my concerns i had very few instruction from management on my duties and my capabilties where set back due to these efforts also the hours where bad and the amount they expect you do to in the time they give you is unreasonable and do not try to help out further more they respond in unreasonable ways.
Great First Job
Cashier (Current Employee), Kingston, OntarioMarch 21, 2015
Pros: talking to customers, making friends with coworkers, great experience if this is your first job
Cons: having to walk in to get your hours, the pay
Been with No Frills for two years now and I love it. A typical day at work as a cashier is obviously mostly ringing customers through a cash which gets easier and easier. I've learned many PLU codes, produce codes. They don't have barcodes so you have to type them in. Memorizing them is easy as pie.

I've learned customer service skills. You deal with customers the entire shift and I've learned that if you have enthusiasm, positivity and friendliness the customers will absolutely adore you. It's great talking to a whole bunch of different customers from all walks of life. They are great to give advice if you're young like me and they let you know if the weather is worth missing or if it's a beautiful day and you're missing out. Either way talking to the customers and other cashiers I personally find is the best part.

Management is pretty decent. All of the managers at my No Frills are really nice and funny and we all get along great, it's like a family. The co-workers are great too. Sometimes they are too great, like I can't stop talking to them when I'm standing in front of my cash waiting for a customer. I've met so many people from other schools at No Frills it's great.

The hardest part of the job I think are the long shifts depending on how much sleep you got the night before and how early your shift is. Also the standing isn't too fun. I highly recommend getting the comfiest shoes out there. I also recommend sleeping that night after a long shift with your feet elevated so they aren't sore the next day. Something I wish No Frills did was pay all the cashiers the same. – more... If you're under 18 you get payed $10.30 and over 18 is $11.00. People who are over and under 18 do the exact same job and should get paid the same. I know people that work at other places in town and they get paid $11 and they are the same age as me (under 18) or even younger. Another bad thing about No Frills is that they are stuck in the 80s in some ways. Like you have to get your work schedule at work. You have to walk in and get it, instead of getting an e-mail with it which is kinda annoying.

The most enjoyable parts of the job in the end are:
-dealing with nice customers & having a decent conversation w/ them
-having great friends at work, feels like a family (co-workers)
-work experience, at the end of the day you need to get started somewhere and this is a great place for that – less
love hard work and never sitting being bored.
Cashier (Former Employee), Estevan, SKMarch 5, 2015
I liked the experiences,
the people in my surroundings,
got good breaks,
always smiling,
making new friends,
never a dull moment,
loved the hours/schedules.
No frills is a fun and easy place to work
grocery stocker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: nice people, easy job, and organized work environment, flexible hours
Cons: it took an hour to get there and an hour and 15 minutes to get back home.
Days that i had work were still enjoyable because the management were organized and yet liked to laugh. I enjoyed mostly every day i worked there and people that worked there were nice and productive. It was a very stress free work environment.
Fun workplace and great empolyees
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: fast work pace
Generally everyday at work for fun and the day went by pretty quick. Even though the work was constant i didn't mind doing the work because of the people i worked with. The managers were nice and were very helpful. I liked working at No frills and didn't have much problems working there.
ok
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: it was small
Cons: long hours to many duties
the job was ok , very demanding lot of times it was just a few of us working for the whole store. wouldnt recommend wouldnt not recommend

1 2 3 4 5