No Frills Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
fast pace environment
produce clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Pros: nice people
Cons: poor management
We would work as team get everything done at points management was not the greatest by hey i stuck with it got the work done with excellence and smile on my face every single day! There was a lot nice people I worked with that put smile on my face everyday so i won't complain. overall i learned a lot and i'm grateful for the experience.
ok
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee), Strathmore, ABApril 23, 2016
Pros: food
Cons: hours
its ok for work, not the best employees and hours, good management. best selling food and products. loved working in the backroom kepted it clean organized.
too much hour for the minimum salary
Meat Department (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 22, 2016
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
from 7 to 1, I improved my customers service skill, very friendly, I enjoyed to work there. the hardest prt of this job is the minimum salary, the management is fine,I like to work so for me every thing was well.
Really good enviroment
Front End Clerk (Former Employee), 11531 41Ave NW Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2016
Pros: Discounts, Free Pizza Lunch random days, Paid weekly
Cons: Standing in one spot, Sore legs, dealing with grouchy customers, lunch break short
I enjoyed going to work everyday, I learned how to weigh items and count change properly, I give a BOO to the management though. I didn't like the manager she didn't treat us all equally. Fun and easy going Coworkers. Hardest part of the job is trying to remember all the 4-digit produce codes. My co workers were fun and they were very patient with training.
Hard work, fast pace
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Typical day at work: Check inventory, replace empty shelves, clean stock room, touch up and make the products in each aisle look presentable.
Fun co-workers to be around.
Very demanding management, often times unfair/unreasonable
Fast pace and heavy lifting
Hardest part of the job is at closing when the managers are expecting extremely fast work.
fun workplace nice people to work with
Department Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2016
I unloaded trucks with stock
management were very nice and easy to work with
most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things
Fun place to work had lots of friends there
Manager (Former Employee), Peace River, ABApril 11, 2016
Pros: Good pay and good people
Cons: Morning shifts
Most days were the same as there were stock days which went by a lot faster then there were slower days where I or another manager would find things for staff to complete. Great place to work management was very understanding and supportive of the staff.
Good
Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 7, 2016
Pros: a lot of hours
Tom&Michelles nofrills is a welcoming work environment with amazing co workers and owners. Overall a good business. The hardest part of working here is standing for the 6 hours not moving much.
very productive
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABApril 7, 2016
Pros: long breaks
Cons: long hours
great experience taught me allot about managing and maintaining the isles and trained me in great customer service, in dealing with upset customers or refunds.
Nice atmosphere to work in
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Newcastle, ONApril 6, 2016
co-workers are friendly and it was very well organized. Unfortunately I did not work here for very long and didn't get any shifts after the stores opening.
Hard Working Job with fun people
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 22, 2016
Pros: Co workers and Hours
Fun work days,
Consists of customer service and organization tasks
Hardest part of the job can be based on how the load for the day looks (can consist of many different skids loaded with a variety of products that need to be shelved and organized)
Productive and fun place to work with cooperative co workers
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2016
Pros: Work flexibility
Cons: No in store discounts
Stock shelves, chat with co workers on free time, do various jobs around the store. I particularly like the flexible work hours and freedom of lunch hours.
Enjoy working there!
Cashier, customer service, and store maintenance (Former Employee), Marystown, NLMarch 20, 2016
Pros: fast paced
Cons: standing all day
The day goes by quickly as the environment is usually fast paced. The staff are all very friendly and willing to help you out with anything! The customers are great as well, you get to socialize with every customer during each transaction !
Terrible
Dairy Worker/ Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 14, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Less hours
Managers overwork you and when you request more hours absolutely nothing is done about it. Wouldn't recommend anyone working here unless their okay with being a mule for long periods of time.
wonderful job yet awful management
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABMarch 10, 2016
Pros: organizing and restocking shelves and displays
Cons: unfriendly co-workers
I absolutely loved working in produce, I learned the foundations of having responsibilities and working hard. The management was more so like high school students rather than professional workplace leaders. I would work roughly 25-30 hours a week, which included a lot of heavy lifting and working at a quick pace. The CEO was very selective on who she believed was a good person character wise and if she had decided that you were not a person of good characteristics, she would treat you as if you were not important nor did you amount to anything.
good learning experiance
Customer service, team based environment, able (Former Employee), albion mallMarch 6, 2016
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: unable to advance
enjoyable work environment minimal supervision flexible hours friendly co workers and customers great learning experience able to transfer skills learned to other workplace
Amazing place to work
Assist customers (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2016
Everyone that worked there was so happy and we all got along so good. They were easy going and as long as you did your job they didnt get mad at you. They paid good and gave a good amount of hours
Flexible Hours
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Pros: Great people
Cons: Not enough hours
Has flexible hours...people are great to work with. Need to be somewhat strong and well organized.Management could be better but overall great place to work.
Under-average Work Place
Grocery Store Representative (Former Employee), Cochrane, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: Paid breaks
Cons: Lack of Communication/Management skills, No hours, uncomfortable environment
Difficulty communicating with owner/employees in regards to scheduling. Lack of hours without notice, or reasoning. Taught me organization skills, as well as customer service skills.
Productive and Fun to work at
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 18, 2016
-organized place to work
-co workers were responsible and hard working
-learned to rotate items and record temperature and other logs