No Frills Employee Reviews

Was agreat opporunity to gain experience.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
During my time at no frills I learned several different techniques and strategies to work more efficiently as well as be more time productive
high energy workplace with dynamic environment
Front End Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
this is a fairly stressful job with high energy. the other workers are very kind and the managers are quite harsh, which is understandable. The customers come in waves so when it is busy it's BUSY.
It was an alright place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 29, 2016
I couldn't complain at first the hours were really good and the staff were all very polite. But I didn't like how it was unionized making you pay ridiculous dues and the fact that the hours quickly dissipated when you were starting out at roughly 25+ hours a week then it suddenly drops to nothing within about 2 months or so.
Pros
Polite staff
Cons
Terrible hours and unionized
injoyable, strait foward, fast paste
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day at work for me was vary repetitive witch did lead to good understanding on what to do and how things are done, working in a grocery store was interesting, buying something new that I have not had before as I see something vary appetizing that I stock on the shelves. fun co workers with great social skills and positive attitudes even if someone was having a rough day. co workers and I would work hard as a team rather we are unloading shipments of products, to loading shelves and facing labels outwards for our customers to find what they are looking for.
Pros
masive salection in lunch when on brake and easy to shop for grocerys
Cons
no benifits
ok
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chestermere, ABJanuary 21, 2016
stacking selfs
nothing really
management was okay
co-workers were friendly
arms feel tired after you get bored
the music
Fun and enjoyable part time job.
Grocery, Meat and Bread Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Good co-workers and approachable management. I enjoy interacting with customers and providing helpful customer service. The hardest part of my job is dealing with late deliveries and shorted items.
Pros
Great supervisor, positive work environment
Cons
Minimum wage, no benefits, no required certificates.
Good place for a first job to get your feet wet
floor worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 9, 2016
The hardest part of the job was knowing and identifying which items go where and keeping the whole department tidy all by yourself.
Pros
work under a union
Cons
tough hours
My Day
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day would include cashing customers out at the register, help stock shelves and helping customers with anything they need.

I enjoy the people I work with & find management to be fair.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly atmosphere I have at work.

The hardest part of the job is the fact I'm standing for a majority of my day.
Pros
Friendly Atomsphere
Cons
The Commute
easy going
customer service (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONJanuary 2, 2016
good job for students, management is lazy so be prepared to do everything they dont want to do even if theyre not doing a thing.
Pros
timmies run every morning
Cons
cold
Excellent communication with others and Hard working
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 23, 2015
Understanding feelings of others and Supportive, shares credit and accepts responsibility.Enjoy working with others and likes communicating with them.
Cons
Short hours
No Frills-Part-Time
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 20, 2015
Wonderful people to work with and customers were nice. I would recommend this to anyone who is interested. There isn't much else to tell about this workplace.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hard work
There are good days and bad days
Cash office supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBDecember 2, 2015
working at No Frills has been a great experience for the most part, my co-workers are great and so are some of the management.

Unfortunately the manager of the front end expects me a minimum wage employee to move up to a high position with more responsibility, with no raise in pay what so ever.

It didn't bother me at first but over time it wares you out.

but the job is great and the people I work with are amazing and from all different walks of lives.
Pros
great co-workers, flexable schduling
Cons
lack of orginization, underpaid
Productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 10, 2015
Really enjoyed working here. It was fun and energetic and a great learning experience. My co workers were extremely helpful with helping me get started and knowing how to deal with customers on a day to day.
NoFrills
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABNovember 7, 2015
It is a very demanding job if you are not use to the physical labour. I enjoy how it is ran and find the owners are wonderful. I've felt welcomed since I started there and sadly had to leave due to moving
high volume, fast pace
Full Time Positions (Current Employee) –  brighton ontOctober 25, 2015
dealing with the public is so exusting and so rewording at the same time, can be repetitive and exciting at the same time very eventful, never no what days like.
Great Place Great Staff
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABOctober 25, 2015
Very fun and relaxing place to work, Learned plenty to take with me to new choices of work in life. I enjoyed my time working for this company
Small town feel in the City
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 20, 2015
A typical day at work is all about the people I serve, often I am told, "You are always smiling", I tell them, it's my nature!!! I've learned that you can always find something extra to do for your clients. I am very privileged to have worked with management and senior staff over a long period of time, we can count on each other for professional support. The hardest part of the job will always be handling customer dissatisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I take care of.
Pros
Clients and Staff
Cons
Long times on your feet.
Great place to work.
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, ABOctober 14, 2015
a great place to work, i gained more experience here then anywhere else i have worked. i started as a part timer, and within three months i was promoted too a full time key holder. Management always handed me the ball when i asked for it, and encouraged me to run as far as i could with it as well making me feel as part of the family .
fun place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEOctober 8, 2015
this was a great job for after school, kept my weekdays busy and allowed me to gain customer service experience. My boss was great and was very understanding anytime i needed time off for tests
The hardest part of the job would have to be being around alot of perople i didnt know and had to teach them how to it right.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa. OntSeptember 29, 2015
Had to make sure everyone was keeping up to the quota and I was responsible for the paper work . I had to make sure everyone was wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) looked after about 10 -15 people.
Pros
Night job
Cons
Usually very slow except when online