No Frills Employee Reviews

fisrt job
STOCK PERSON (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
good for students and young adults. after working there you will never want to eat mc Ds again. your hair will smell like fries eventually. wasnt as bad as i thought.
Good working environment with nice people.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 June 2017
I worked here for approximately 3 years and got about 3 or 4 shifts a week. This is a good job if your looking for part time employment. If your seeking full time employment you should continue looking.
very friendly staff, flexible with hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 June 2017
No frills was very helpful with improving my customer service skills. The staff that worked there allowed for a very enjoyable time at work and the management worked well with hours. The thing i enjoyed most about the job was that they gave great hours and allowed for you to book off the time you needed.
Nice simple job but also a fast pace job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 June 2017
- Busy on sale days, reasonable busy from day to day.
- Ask before you do something that your not sure of.
- Management was good at first than got worse the longer I was there.
- Managers expect to much, or also talk behind your back to get people fired for stupid things.
- To challenge yourself with the produce and knowing where product was.
Pros
Was easy at times
Cons
Managers were rude and disrespectful
I like it here
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 June 2017
I enjoy working at no frills and have over the last 3 years. i have found there is a lot of room to grow in the company and would highly recommend it to anyone
This is the summary of No frills
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 June 2017
This hardest job but more jobs with the minimum wage. overall it was really good experience. with that being said I had to train more that what the other emplohyers had.
Pros
rretete
Cons
rer
good stepping stone job
Dairy Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON14 June 2017
Easy job that has a good union. Of course each owner is different store to store. (Fort Erie) has a very rude one. great stepping stone job but I wouldn't advise permanent stay.
Pros
easy job
Cons
rude owner
Save yourself the stress and do not work here
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
This particular No Frills does not care about their employees at all. Racial comments and attacks have occurred on multiple occasions. Honestly, poor management overall. The owner is a bully to almost every employee and has gotten into physical fights with customers before.
Productive and fun workplace
Grocery Stockperson (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK3 June 2017
When I had to work after school, you had to work very efficient to keep the place clean and full, for it to look nice when the people come inside the store and see it full. In the other hand it was very nice environment to work in, everyone had fun and it was very good to work that way. It always kept you in a good mood.
Pros
Easy place to adapt to
Cons
Some supervisor weren't the greatest
Great people, great customers.
Grocery Clerk/Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2017
I enjoyed the people that I worked with and the customers made my day because I was able to help them find what they were looking for. I learned many procedures in operating a store. As a night shift supervisor, the hardest part of the job was getting all the products out on the floor because of a backup in the production line.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Job duties does not match pay
Corrupt
Grocery Clerk, Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 June 2017
This job was only good because you could work with friends. Other than that it was awful. Owner would break tons of union rules, cut your paychecks, and payed me lower than minimum wage. They would not give the proper information to me so I was not able to view my paychecks or get my taxes cause they knew they were cutting my paychecks. The owner would never schedule enough people to complete the work and would get mad if not all of it was done. Overall terrible place to work as it was very stressful and aggravating with terrible pay and hours.
Pros
Got paid for your 15 minute breaks?
Cons
Terrible pay, terrible breaks, terrible working conditions, corrupt, everyone was
Great experience
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 May 2017
Hired for my My first job at the age of fifteen, working as a Cashier, Stock girl, Cleaning Crew and given the responsibility of opening and closing the store. I was entrusted with an ‘override’ and training the new hired cashiers.

Key skills obtained: Responsibility, punctuality, customer service, product knowledge, assistance, cleanliness, determination, patience, focus, strength, working long time durations and money management and problem solving.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Short lunch
Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB31 May 2017
Good Management. Great team to work with. Easy to communicate. Lots of training. Good atmosphere to work. Lots of fun to be had. Salary was low but with good reasoning.
It's a place to work if you need the money
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB29 May 2017
Being a cashier at the No Frills location I was at was fun at first but the 15 minute breaks no matter how long you worked and the only knowing the schedule weekly started getting old really fast. My coworkers were relatively nice and management was pretty good. Although, as a high school student they were awesome about being flexible with shifts.
Pros
Flexible work shifts
Cons
A break was no longer than 15 minutes
Simple
Produce Clerk (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON29 May 2017
This job is easy and takes not so much skill, if you're able to work hard and not complain about it then this is the job for you. I've worked here a large portion of my teenaged life and I have to say it's an easy way to get paid
Typical day
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 May 2017
Cashing out groceries and greeting customers, along with keeping work area tidy. I learned a lot about produce and different codes. Management was nice and helpful. Workplace culture was friendly. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Productive and friendly work place
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 May 2017
Working at No Frills for the past three years has been a pleasant experience. However I am attending college this coming September and am looking for a job offering more hours then what I am currently receiving.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, caring management.
Cons
Not a lot of hours.
It is really awesome place
STOCK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB22 May 2017
Fun loving place to work
days when fast
friendly people to work with
the shifts we not to hard of work too do
management was awesome to work with
the most enjoyable part was the people
Pros
got free lunches some times
Cons
not enough days
It was good
PRODUCE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 May 2017
Everything was consistent and the staff was very welcoming and helpful, I would reccomend this job to anyone that is looking for a job because it is a very proffesional environment
Worked overnights at this position
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 May 2017
The night manager was the most rude night manager i ever knew in my whole life of working. Their was no room for mistakes and he never helped out so we could get out and go home to our families.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at No Frills. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8