No Frills Employee Reviews in Canada

Really good enviroment
Front End Clerk (Former Employee) –  11531 41Ave NW Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2016
I enjoyed going to work everyday, I learned how to weigh items and count change properly, I give a BOO to the management though. I didn't like the manager she didn't treat us all equally. Fun and easy going Coworkers. Hardest part of the job is trying to remember all the 4-digit produce codes. My co workers were fun and they were very patient with training.
Pros
Discounts, Free Pizza Lunch random days, Paid weekly
Cons
Standing in one spot, Sore legs, dealing with grouchy customers, lunch break short
Good Work Environment
Grocery Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMay 10, 2016
The overall work environment of No Frills was very friendly and comfortable place to work. A typical day at work would be me arriving at 8 am to start my shift, where i would stock shelves with different products the store offered. around 11 am i would get a 30 min lunch, and then would continue my job until the end of my shift at 1:30pm. From this job, i have learned a lot about working with others in a friendly environment, stocking and organizing different products, and how to work quickly and efficiently. The hardest part of the job would be lifting the product cases, as they could be very heavy. My favourite part of the job was being able to work on my own, and with others at the same time to complete the overall goal of that day.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
not enough hours
wonderful job yet awful management
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABMarch 10, 2016
I absolutely loved working in produce, I learned the foundations of having responsibilities and working hard. The management was more so like high school students rather than professional workplace leaders. I would work roughly 25-30 hours a week, which included a lot of heavy lifting and working at a quick pace. The CEO was very selective on who she believed was a good person character wise and if she had decided that you were not a person of good characteristics, she would treat you as if you were not important nor did you amount to anything.
Pros
organizing and restocking shelves and displays
Cons
unfriendly co-workers
fast pace environment
produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
We would work as team get everything done at points management was not the greatest by hey i stuck with it got the work done with excellence and smile on my face every single day! There was a lot nice people I worked with that put smile on my face everyday so i won't complain. overall i learned a lot and i'm grateful for the experience.
Pros
nice people
Cons
poor management
Hard work, fast pace
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Typical day at work: Check inventory, replace empty shelves, clean stock room, touch up and make the products in each aisle look presentable.
Fun co-workers to be around.
Very demanding management, often times unfair/unreasonable
Fast pace and heavy lifting
Hardest part of the job is at closing when the managers are expecting extremely fast work.
injoyable, strait foward, fast paste
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day at work for me was vary repetitive witch did lead to good understanding on what to do and how things are done, working in a grocery store was interesting, buying something new that I have not had before as I see something vary appetizing that I stock on the shelves. fun co workers with great social skills and positive attitudes even if someone was having a rough day. co workers and I would work hard as a team rather we are unloading shipments of products, to loading shelves and facing labels outwards for our customers to find what they are looking for.
Pros
masive salection in lunch when on brake and easy to shop for grocerys
Cons
no benifits
Fun place to work had lots of friends there
Manager (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABApril 11, 2016
Most days were the same as there were stock days which went by a lot faster then there were slower days where I or another manager would find things for staff to complete. Great place to work management was very understanding and supportive of the staff.
Pros
Good pay and good people
Cons
Morning shifts
Good for part time work
Grocery/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 27, 2016
Not much room for advancement and not the most enjoyable place to work. Younger group of employees therefore a lot more drama and high-school mentality. If you stick to your tasks such as facing shelves, unloading skids and setting up displays you can build on your creativity and work ethic.
It was an alright place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 29, 2016
I couldn't complain at first the hours were really good and the staff were all very polite. But I didn't like how it was unionized making you pay ridiculous dues and the fact that the hours quickly dissipated when you were starting out at roughly 25+ hours a week then it suddenly drops to nothing within about 2 months or so.
Pros
Polite staff
Cons
Terrible hours and unionized
Enjoy working there!
Cashier, customer service, and store maintenance (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLMarch 20, 2016
The day goes by quickly as the environment is usually fast paced. The staff are all very friendly and willing to help you out with anything! The customers are great as well, you get to socialize with every customer during each transaction !
Pros
fast paced
Cons
standing all day
Challenges your communication skills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONMay 9, 2016
Working at No Frills is really fun, especially if you're friends with all the other cashiers. Dealing with mean customers is no big deal if you're coworkers are nice. My typical day would be cashing out people or returning items.
Pros
They provide benefits for all workers
Under-average Work Place
Grocery Store Representative (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Difficulty communicating with owner/employees in regards to scheduling. Lack of hours without notice, or reasoning. Taught me organization skills, as well as customer service skills.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Lack of Communication/Management skills, No hours, uncomfortable environment
My Day
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day would include cashing customers out at the register, help stock shelves and helping customers with anything they need.

I enjoy the people I work with & find management to be fair.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly atmosphere I have at work.

The hardest part of the job is the fact I'm standing for a majority of my day.
Pros
Friendly Atomsphere
Cons
The Commute
not a bad first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, ABMay 10, 2016
i did not work here for very long. they were very good with giving me reasonable hours being in school at the time. i worked as a cashier first but standing on my feet not moving for 4-8 hours, depending on the day was not for me. However i moved to working stock and enjoyed it alot more.
Hard Working Job with fun people
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 22, 2016
Fun work days,
Consists of customer service and organization tasks
Hardest part of the job can be based on how the load for the day looks (can consist of many different skids loaded with a variety of products that need to be shelved and organized)
Pros
Co workers and Hours
Fun and enjoyable part time job.
Grocery, Meat and Bread Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Good co-workers and approachable management. I enjoy interacting with customers and providing helpful customer service. The hardest part of my job is dealing with late deliveries and shorted items.
Pros
Great supervisor, positive work environment
Cons
Minimum wage, no benefits, no required certificates.
No Frills has Lots of Thrills
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 5, 2016
The rating above is actually my personal work experience. I was told I would just lift things and put them places, but there was more than I bargained for.
Produce Clerks also answer questions from customers, wrap "Reduce", do janitorial work, help customers carry their groceries to their car or wheelchair, manage a giant crushing machine, and stack lots and lots and LOTS of bananas. And to top it off, there's the need to memorize both what needs to be stacked and what's still in the cooler, in case a customer asks if we have any in stock.

It's not all that bad, though. Many of the co-workers are enthusiastic and helpful, doing whatever they can to support themselves and new employees. I'm sure newcomers will feel right at home.

As this was my first ever job experience, I now know that there's a lot more to a job than meets the eye, and am now ready to tackle many other jobs. I just hope I can find one.
Pros
A break room
Cons
No necessary tools (knives to cut box tape), lack of time for training
There are good days and bad days
Cash office supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBDecember 2, 2015
working at No Frills has been a great experience for the most part, my co-workers are great and so are some of the management.

Unfortunately the manager of the front end expects me a minimum wage employee to move up to a high position with more responsibility, with no raise in pay what so ever.

It didn't bother me at first but over time it wares you out.

but the job is great and the people I work with are amazing and from all different walks of lives.
Pros
great co-workers, flexable schduling
Cons
lack of orginization, underpaid
good learning experiance
Customer service, team based environment, able (Former Employee) –  albion mallMarch 6, 2016
enjoyable work environment minimal supervision flexible hours friendly co workers and customers great learning experience able to transfer skills learned to other workplace
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
unable to advance
too much hour for the minimum salary
Meat Department (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 22, 2016
from 7 to 1, I improved my customers service skill, very friendly, I enjoyed to work there. the hardest prt of this job is the minimum salary, the management is fine,I like to work so for me every thing was well.