No Frills Employee Reviews

easy going and friendly work place
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ONSeptember 13, 2016
this work place is relaxed and everyone outs in there equal effort to complete the tasks at hand. management is respectful and friendly. no frills works around your schedule and tries to make everyone's time fit in to the work schedule.
Pros
easy going work environment
Cons
some people don't put full effort in
fun place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONSeptember 12, 2016
management is really nice. co workers are really nice. job is really flexible when it comes to taking days off. working as a produce clerk was really fun because it was easy going.
Only Left due to store closing down
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2016
Work as a cashier was great but the customers can really push your buttons at times. Hard to get more than 6 hours a shift and 20 hours/week. store was close down due to owner relocating.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hours
Was not an enjoyable work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 25, 2016
Management was rude, and unprofessional.
I barely got any hours and when I did, they were people who called in sick. No Frills didn't value their employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Productive, Fun and a Safe place to work on
Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2016
It was a nice place to work on especially to all the person like me who just work for the first time. At first it's hard because you need to memorize all the codes especially when you're at the cash. Stressful, but at the end of the day, it's all worth it. Good salary, benefits and environment.
Pros
Get together parties during holidays
Cons
Long hours, stressful jobs
Good Place for Students
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2016
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, no benefits, accommodating hours. Not much room to grow. Management making demands lasts minute. Pro: unionized.
Great for novel job experience
Part-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONAugust 14, 2016
Upon my arrival, No Frills was open to accepting a number of high school students looking for part-time cashier jobs and many young adults who already had gained experience in other grocery markets, not to mention admit both high school students and young adults IN BULK!
Pros
Break times, short shifts, flexible hours
Cons
No drinks other than water at front
no frills
Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 8, 2016
no frills is a great place for part time work. helping customers and making sure the store stays in good shape is a productive day
Easy going
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 7, 2016
Simple tasks; straight forward
Boosts communication skills
Safe and friendly environment
Management is very friendly and easy to get along with
Everyone is extremely accepting and friendly
Most enjoyable part is socializing with co-workers
Hardest part is closing on a busy day
Pros
Weekly rewards
Cons
No special benefits
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 2, 2016
great people and environment. awesome company and great benefits. always fun when I go into work. awesome
No Frills
Bookkeeper/Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Marystown, NLJuly 28, 2016
I absolutely love working at no frills because it is exactly like working within a family environment regardless of if you are related to someone or not. I learned pretty well a majority of my life skills here as I was able to do pretty well every job the store has to offer so far. The hardest part of my day is when I have workers that don't want to move forward with the rest of us and I have to have a chat with them. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see everyone else is happy and not miserable.
Pros
Smiles, Laughs, Easy to work around schedules, Staff lunches, etc.
Cons
lots of call-ins, some days are crazy some days are dead
Fantastic work hours, very minimial pay
Manager On Duty (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 25, 2016
I loved my manager, coworkers, and hours I was giving at this job. Unfortunately our owner was not willing to pay more than minimum wage when I worked here, and every 500 hours we received a 5 cent raise. I left to go serve because I needed more money per hour that I worked.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Pay
Great work environment for grocery business.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2016
This job is a great job with a fast paced work structure placing grocery products on shelves, working and setting up displays.
Productive, fast-paced work environment
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paris, ONJuly 5, 2016
everyone is friendly and really easy to work with, management is really friendly at some locations. Productive fast-paced work environment.
No Frills
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 30, 2016
A typical day at No Frill's wasn't at all what I thought working at a Grocery Store would be like. I was trained for 1 month on how to use a cash register and cash out the customers. Just like everyone else I would go up to the office, take my till for my assigned lane and start the days work. My manager was a "ok" type of person, she didn't talk much, I always got the feeling that she didn't like me, we barely spoke. The co-workers were kind, most of them anyway. It was usually slow in the morning but would get busier throughout the day. Many times I would feel unsafe working in that type of environment because many of the customers were very mean, bread was thrown at me, I got spat on multiple times and called the "N word". One particular situation got the best of me and I started crying at my lane, it was the worst day I could've possibly had working at No Frills. The hardest part of my job was remembering codes and keeping calm, especially when I was getting harassed by some of the customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was clocking out. Out of all that I had endured, I must say I have a lot more patience now.
Pros
Working with my sister
Cons
Being harassed
My Co workers
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 28, 2016
My co workers were different people from other countries, for the most part of the shift we would talk about each others countries and how they live in a daily basis.
Cashier
Cashier / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJune 27, 2016
I enjoyed working at No Frills and Fortinos. always busy and on my feet. The manager was an outstanding person. Never had any reasons of complain. I was upset that I had to quite.
No Frills Life
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ONJune 15, 2016
A typical day consists of you greeting and putting the customers items through the till, sometimes assisting with dusting or stocking the little candy counters by the tills. The co-workers are always there to help you in any way that they can. It is a very fun and positive place to work especially as a first job they are there to help you learn and succeed.
fun place to work
Cashier/cash office (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, ABJune 14, 2016
very inviting nice people nice environment loved working with the people close to the residence and very convinent and employees were very happy and helpful employees
Pros
people
Cons
good hours
Good first job.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ONJune 13, 2016
No Frills provided a great place to learn basic work skills, such as time management, organization, and customer service. Because of the size of the store, there were not many openings for higher positions. The management was respectable and kind, but made sure that the work was done properly and in time. Because of the inconsistency of my schedule, it made life outside of work more difficult.

Overall, working at No Frills was a positive experience.
Pros
Good managers, choose when your breaks are
Cons
inconsistent scheduling

2.8