No Frills

No Frills Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work, lots of cash handling
Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 22, 2015
Cash handling, operate cash register, memorize code of merchandize, customer service, help with co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to interact with customers.
Great friendly work atmosphere
Bookkeeper/ Front end supervisor (Former Employee), Langley, BCJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Great open and friendly learning enviroment
Cons: long hours, climbing flights of stairs to the second store office at least 20 odd times daily
I loved working at No Frills. It was fun and open, everyone tried to help everyone else and it was a very comfortable family oriented feeling. I got hired on with almost no experience to be a bookkeeper/ front end supervisor. I got taught how to close, balance tills, do closing, manage the front end. Thanks to the patience and dedication of my management team I enjoyed my time there very much.
flexable place to work.
Customer service/Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 16, 2015
very flexible hours. nice people. equal opportunity employer. great for part time work. It's nice working with lots of different people. Sometimes dealing with customers can be difficult, but most of the time its very good.
take care of all issues at the front of the store
Customer Service Representative, Nick's No Frills (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2015
Pros: dealing with people
Cons: the long lines when i get very busy
I worked at the front cashing people out and address people who have issues, I also helped in every aspect of the store.
Which means that l'm good at everything I put my mind too.
Flexible hours and good work/life balance
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Long relentless hours
Not a difficult job as you mostly just scan and collect money. The hours are very flexible, you could have your availability for just weekends, provided that you've worked there for a bit and you have a reasonable excuse such as school. Half of my co workers are teenagers and the other half are in their 30s+. The pay isn't that great, if you're under 18 you only get $10.30, once your 18 or older its $11. It's a pretty boring job as your standing for hours repeating the same thing and performing the same actions, your feet will end up killing by the time your shift is done. However, if you need some money on the side of your busy life, this job wouldn't be half bad.
Overall o.k if you're a student looking for part- time.
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2015
Flexible hours, however they will not give out full time. Depends really on which No Frills you are applying for, all vary given the managers to each department.
Alright work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABJune 22, 2015
quit working there because they change the schedule with out informing you , would change a persons shift from a morning one to and evening one
Very good management but not my kind of workplace
Bakery/Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJune 21, 2015
Pros: Long hours, good management, good supervision.
Cons: Cooler set up, employees (grocery department)
A typical day at No Frills was pretty straight forward; open, reduce, than stock and clean until close. I definetly learned a few things while being employed at No Frills, one of the main things being that the grocery/supermarket business really wasn't for me. I started out training in the produce department, until I sliced my thumb open cutting celery. I was bleeding so profusely that my body felt weak and my head felt weary. After that shift, I was then transferred to the bakery stock department. After about a week into training I felt extremely comfortable with the daily routine and almost all of the tasks at hand, but in the freezer there would be stock from other departments blocking my products, and I physically didn't have the strength to move the pallets with a pallet jack, nor did I feel comfortable with using an electric hand jack, so that was when I had decided it was time I left No Frills. I didn't feel comfortable with what I was doing so now I'm trying to pursue something I'd have a better chance of professing in; such as a customer service represenitive (with emphasis in the fashion industry because I'm so into clothing and dressing up) or a cashier, with my bright, cheerful attitude and my will to help others get to where they need to be.
A normal day at work
General All around store clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: great hours, good team members, excellent management, friendly environment
Arrived at work and asked my manager what needs to be done for the day, I would write down all my duties of the day.
After I start my duties I made sure that my working area is clean and organized so I can see what items I needed to re-stock.
If I finished all my duties earlier I would ask my manager which area needs to be re-stock or clean and proceeded to do whatever was needed.
Enjoyable place to work
Grocery clerk (Former Employee), EdmontonJune 2, 2015
Pros: Staff/Coworkers
Cons: Keeping department clean
Typical day at Nofrills included simple and easy tasks given to you by the managers, never had to put much thought into the work you do. Working as a grocery clerk your job consists of stocking shelves (including doing overstock), helping customers and cleaning up the aisles.
What I learned - new ways to quickly get stock out on the floor while memorizing where each product goes.
Management was decent, although there was a lack of communications between the employer and the employees.
Co-workers were friendly and welcoming.
Hardest part of the job was keeping displays and end caps clean on big sale days.
Most enjoyable - being able to work by myself and run most of the department by myself.
First job it was okay
Stocker (Former Employee), Peace River, ABMay 24, 2015
For a first job it was alright... Honestly every problem i had with it was management. Owner was rude and played favorites. but all the co-workers were great. And it wasn't a hard job by any means.
good eye contact and communication
Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 9, 2015
focus on main tasks.
learned how to deal with customer with more positive attitude.
management skills are very good because I manage most of things correctly and on time.
my co-workers are always happy with me.
I don't believe anything hard. everything takes time to learn so there will be not any hard part.
communication with other employees.
Its a pretty good place to work.
Manual Laborer (Current Employee), North York, ONMay 8, 2015
Cons: Lack of hours
It is a very enjoyable place to work. The only problem is that I continue to learn new tasks and they refuse to promote me or give me a raise. My typical day starts at 7 in the morning where i would start organizing the produce cooler, initial the temperature log and start bringing the produce out onto the displays. My co-workers can work well when they put their minds to it. The hardest part of my job is picking up my co-workers slack.Little things they could and should do but don't.
productive job with a great atmosphere
self stocker (Former Employee), jones no frillsMay 7, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed working with the people i met
Cons: didn't get a lot of shifts
During my work shift I would have to stock selves, organize produce, help customers with their shopping and clean the store after we had closed
It fun
Packer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2015
Its fun to work in no frills, I used to work there when was in high school in 2012. It was really helpful for me to earn some money on side along with my high school. Easiest part is when you are not having a busy day and you quickly finish all the tasks without getting interrupt from the calls of co workers and customers. Hardest part is nofrills doesn't really offer more than 24 hours a week.
A fair workplace environment
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), mississaugaApril 28, 2015
Pros: Gave me experience in retail
Cons: long shifts
A typical day consisted of restocking, organizing and clearing the parking lot of shopping carts. The staff was helpful in training and ongoing questions I had.
Great Co-Workers to work with
Cashier Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Pickering, ONApril 27, 2015
A day at no frills is manly busy fast past environment, as a cashier. With fun co-workers to work with. You learn about how to deal with customers everyday, the hardest part of being a cashier is not being able move around much and stand in one area for a long time.
Good place to work for night shift
Stocker In-charge (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
Fun working on foods, daily new challenges you encounter. It is hard when someone is absent and fun when everyone is around and working on their respective area,
wonderfull boss
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), west hill,kingstonApril 8, 2015
Pros: good hours
it was a good work place, what was amazing was the managemet, although like some place u wont get along with some of your bosses most of the your bosses are really relax and act like you are family
Secure workplace with great co-workers however I do not receive many hours.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2015
Nofrills is a very secure job that provides enough hours when enrolled in school however it does not provide enough hours when school is not in session. The environment and co workers are all very friendly and outgoing, after three years of working with them they have truly become my family, however it is time for me to move on in order to build on my experience. A typical day at work involves me cashing out customers groceries, facing the store, doing returns and attending to all customer inquiries. There is nothing very hard about the job for me, the only negative thing that comes to mind is the lack of hours I receive. The most enjoyable part of the job is certainly interacting with the customers and the strong bond I have developed with my coworkers.

1 2 3 4 5