No Frills

No Frills Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible Management
produce (Former Employee), Hamilton OnMarch 22, 2015
Cons: no space
I was assured i would have training i showed up the day of for my orientation they told me to go home it was a mistake,they told me the wrong date they failed to maintain any understanding of my concerns i had very few instruction from management on my duties and my capabilties where set back due to these efforts also the hours where bad and the amount they expect you do to in the time they give you is unreasonable and do not try to help out further more they respond in unreasonable ways.
Great First Job
Cashier (Current Employee), Kingston, OntarioMarch 21, 2015
Pros: talking to customers, making friends with coworkers, great experience if this is your first job
Cons: having to walk in to get your hours, the pay
Been with No Frills for two years now and I love it. A typical day at work as a cashier is obviously mostly ringing customers through a cash which gets easier and easier. I've learned many PLU codes, produce codes. They don't have barcodes so you have to type them in. Memorizing them is easy as pie.

I've learned customer service skills. You deal with customers the entire shift and I've learned that if you have enthusiasm, positivity and friendliness the customers will absolutely adore you. It's great talking to a whole bunch of different customers from all walks of life. They are great to give advice if you're young like me and they let you know if the weather is worth missing or if it's a beautiful day and you're missing out. Either way talking to the customers and other cashiers I personally find is the best part.

Management is pretty decent. All of the managers at my No Frills are really nice and funny and we all get along great, it's like a family. The co-workers are great too. Sometimes they are too great, like I can't stop talking to them when I'm standing in front of my cash waiting for a customer. I've met so many people from other schools at No Frills it's great.

The hardest part of the job I think are the long shifts depending on how much sleep you got the night before and how early your shift is. Also the standing isn't too fun. I highly recommend getting the comfiest shoes out there. I also recommend sleeping that night after a long shift with your feet elevated so they aren't sore the next day. Something I wish No Frills did was pay all the cashiers the same. – more... If you're under 18 you get payed $10.30 and over 18 is $11.00. People who are over and under 18 do the exact same job and should get paid the same. I know people that work at other places in town and they get paid $11 and they are the same age as me (under 18) or even younger. Another bad thing about No Frills is that they are stuck in the 80s in some ways. Like you have to get your work schedule at work. You have to walk in and get it, instead of getting an e-mail with it which is kinda annoying.

The most enjoyable parts of the job in the end are:
-dealing with nice customers & having a decent conversation w/ them
-having great friends at work, feels like a family (co-workers)
-work experience, at the end of the day you need to get started somewhere and this is a great place for that – less
love hard work and never sitting being bored.
Cashier (Former Employee), Estevan, SKMarch 5, 2015
I liked the experiences,
the people in my surroundings,
got good breaks,
always smiling,
making new friends,
never a dull moment,
loved the hours/schedules.
No frills is a fun and easy place to work
grocery stocker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: nice people, easy job, and organized work environment, flexible hours
Cons: it took an hour to get there and an hour and 15 minutes to get back home.
Days that i had work were still enjoyable because the management were organized and yet liked to laugh. I enjoyed mostly every day i worked there and people that worked there were nice and productive. It was a very stress free work environment.
Fun workplace and great empolyees
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: fast work pace
Generally everyday at work for fun and the day went by pretty quick. Even though the work was constant i didn't mind doing the work because of the people i worked with. The managers were nice and were very helpful. I liked working at No frills and didn't have much problems working there.
ok
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: it was small
Cons: long hours to many duties
the job was ok , very demanding lot of times it was just a few of us working for the whole store. wouldnt recommend wouldnt not recommend
Great people to work with.
Cashier/Cash Office (Former Employee), Port Dover, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Every day there was processing cash deposits, cheques, and Debit & Credit transactions accurately. Exceeding customer relations expectations by building customer loyalty. Ensure pricing integrity in item data management, label & sign changes and scan log procedures. Knowledge in cashier functions, override reports, journal logs and cash tray discrepancies to identify problems and determine solutions as needed. Knowledge in orientation and training for new workers/colleges. The people within the store were amazing and understanding.
Welcoming environment but no room for advancement
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: short hours
A typical day required cash handling, greeting customers, and explaining the pc point program to customers. I learned customer service skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was building public relations.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Shelburne, ONFebruary 19, 2015
-most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers
-my only complaint about the position is that they could not offer me enough hours to live on
-owner was very nice and had pleasant regular customers
-typical work day was enjoyable with few irate customers being the only issue
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 15, 2015
I had a blast working at No Frills, the environment and staff was awesome. There is a lot of skills learned being a cashier at NoFrills
Cashier Position to help with school and family expenses
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Open and Closing of store, Full time Cashier, got hired out of 1,000 people. Open store, greet customers, put away returns, clean station, handle money, overrides, inventory, key holder.

I started out as a cashier and then they moved me to work on the floor then back to cashier, I also received override privileges.

I learned some managerial duties such as overrides and collecting money at the end of the night, I also closed often.

I worked alongside many co-workers and developed strong team work ethics.

the hardest part of the job was at the beginning when trying to memorize all of the codes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make customers and co-workers happy
Good work place
Cashier, (Former Employee), ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: short lunch
Good work environment learned how to deal with customers and work with people from different backgrounds. My co-workers where very friendly and willing to help me out in every way they could.One of they hardest parts of the job was dealing with frustrated customers and maintaining that positive attitude no matter what. But i got threw it and continued with my day.The most enjoyable part of my day was probably my lunch break because i laughed and eat with some of my co-workers.
Terrible Management
Grocery Associate (Former Employee), Thunder bay ON Dawson RDJanuary 27, 2015
Worst Job I have ever had. Management was VERY verbally Abusive and lied and manipulated the part time associates in order to get their way. The management frequently harassed the employees and sometimes customers both sexually and verbally. I cant believe i let myself work there for almost a year. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Productive no non-sense workplace.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: company parties
Cons: harsh work environment
A typical day at No Frills is you clocking in and getting straight to work. This harsh work environment promotes productivity and teaches you time management skills in the process. The managers are always down your backs which pushes you to work even harder. The hardest part of the job is keeping up the pace with the environment.
Flexible
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Brighton, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Flexible and difficult. Mean Owner, low pay................................................................................................................................................................................................
Not a very well managed store
Dairy Manager/Store clerk (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: was good in deciding what i wanted to do with my life
Cons: i was not able to meet my full potential in this career
-depending on which department I was working in I would place orders for any products needed on the shelves, mostly in the dairy department. Organize products, stock shelves, handle any customer questions and much more

-I learned how to handle customer questions and provide excellent service and also how to manage the dairy department

-I was promoted to Dairy manager

-Fun working environment and had lots of co-workers

-Working extremely hard for little pay

-Worked with a lot of my friends
fun workplace with fun coworkers
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: fun coworkers
Cons: bad managemet
i would stack shelves, take of boxes of the overhead shelf
i learned how to cut boxes, look for potential hazards and remove them
the hardest part of my job would be working with 2 other coworkers facing the store
the fun part was lifting milk cartons and getting exersie in
survival job
Night Crew (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2014
Pros: open work space
Cons: with limited benefits
A typical work environment that you must have to deal with. Workers keep come and go because of the working shift.
productive work environment
produce clerk/ grocery clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2014
Pros: depending on the shift you can get payed breaks
Cons: like stated above a lot of talking behind backs
no frills is a pretty good place to work a side from the fact that there is a lot of talking behind employees backs and the management didn't act like management whatsoever. although that was only at the one location and from that point there is a new owner now and i believe he runs the place a lot better.
stocked shelves
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Belleville, ONDecember 3, 2014
very busy, yet fun place too work. good starter job. Met allot of nice people.

1 2 3 4 5