No Frills

No Frills Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dont work here
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 20, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
The managers are cheap and they dont care about you and also they are rude if your not a prefect employee even though theyre cheap.
Made the best of it
Work as a cashier/trainer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no excitement at all
Working at a cheap grocery store was not my ideal job. But I did it with a smile on my face, and did what I had to do. I was always the most cheerful one there, and the quickest as well.
It was a part time job that got me through high school and college.
Sales
Cashier (Former Employee), Royal york and queenswayAugust 1, 2014
A typical day at No Frills, would be working at your till beginning of your shift to the end. Dealing with customers scanning there items helping them if they need help with items.
What I have learned by working at No Frills, I learned a bunch of codes for the produce I also learned a lot of new produce from different countries. My co-workers at No – more... Frills were very nice and friendly, they helped me a lot when I needed codes and didn't know how to do certain things. The hardest part of working at No Frills or any type of grocery store is learning all the codes. The most enjoyable part of working at No Frills was making the customers smile. – less
Great within the pharmacy
Part-time cashier (Former Employee), Kenora, ONJuly 31, 2014
Early attendance was a must in order to insure that the workplace and files were organized and presentable. I was responsible for insuring the costumer recieved their proper medication and to address any detailed questions to a pharmacist. I worked closely with the pharmacist technicians, pharmacist assistants as well as the pharmacists themselves. – more... I learned how to organze files in a timely fashion as well as work with people of all walks of life. – less
No frills
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2014
• Greeted customers in a friendly and courteous manner
• Provided helpful and timely assistance to customers successfully meeting their needs and resolving their concerns
• Effectively handled cash, account payments, credit card and other financial transactions
• Clearly and persuasively explained the benefits of products and services to customers resulting – more... in higher sales – less
Very friendly culture and a great experience.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 13, 2014
Pros: work at your own pace.
Cons: not enough hours.
A typical day at work consisted of organizing skids, and bringing out new food while also rotating/reducing all the old food. I learned lots of communication skills through dialog with customers, co-workers and management. I worked with friendly, energetic people and made some friends.
productive and energetic place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 3, 2014
Pros: seeing alot of happy customers
Cons: long hours
I loved working with all my co-workers.. being there to help in any way I knew how too.
Management was great, if I had a problem they were right on top of it to get it fixed and dealt with...
the hardest part of the day was having to work by myself and be on my feet all day.
I was always on the closing shift from 4-10pm. I didn't mind it.
need to be fast
no frills worker (Former Employee), Aylmer, ONJune 26, 2014
Pros: you don't have to have long shifts
Cons: you might get yelled at a lot
at this place you need to work fast and learn to take discipline
like a MAN!!!
Fun and fast work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 21, 2014
Pros: fast fun work environment
Cons: limited advancement
A good place to work. Everyday you interact with customers new and old and they are generally kind. A fast pace work environment that keeps you busy through your shift. Not much room for advancement, good for starting job.
Facing, Stocking, Cleaning, Organization, Grocery Helper
Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 16, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: 6 hours
Communicate with many workers.

Organize everything.

Communicate with customers.

Help Everyone
good environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Port Colborne, ONMay 29, 2014
Did not stay there long as i moved away for school, had a great experience in the time that i did work there
Meat Clerk
Meat clerk (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONMay 26, 2014
stocking shelves
where everything is in the store
learning about everything
dealing with customers
meeting new people
job experience
A very professional, serious workplace- For better and worse
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 17, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: inflexible, forced hours with harsh punishments and zero job-security.
The job is basic incarnate, essentially impossible to mess up given proper training. The customers are generally respectful and easy to help, management is concise and everything is generally pretty peachy.

Until you're sick for a day, wherein the company is perfectly happy with tossing you into the ditch and picking up another round of newbies.

Easy – more... to get into the job, yes, if only for the fact that the employee turn-over per year is at a quite frankly disturbing level. I heard a figure that reached triple digits, as in upwards of 100 or more, but nothing official or statistically solid. With how many people I saw go in my time there, I'm inclined to believe it.

No discounts either.

So in short, it's a good place to work at as long as you never miss a day for any reason ever, you don't mind a sub-minimum wage pay, and no benefits. – less
Productive workplace with room to advance, fast paces
Cash Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Clarenville NLMay 13, 2014
In summary, was a great place to work, management had things very put together which made for happier climate in the workplace. I advanced in this work position to the cash office which was a new experience to me, I enjoyed it, was very hectic at times, but I enjoyed the challenge and improved daily. The hardest part of the job was time management, – more... being that there was only one supervisor/cash office employee night time which made for minimal time to get everything done, overall would definitely consider going back to this place to work if I needed too. – less
Excellent place to start, amazing coworkers
Meat Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 8, 2014
Pros: amazing coworkers, pizza lunches for a job well done
Cons: not enough hours at times, manager switches
Typically at work I would check dates, stock shelves, clean shelves, answer any and all customer questions or concerns and make sure everything was in proper working order.
At work, I learned to be independent and get my job done well, on time and with the maximum amount of effort possible.
The managers switched around a lot, but the few who stayed – more... were amazing, they always made sure I felt welcome into our little No Frills family.
My coworkers were the best part about my job, they made coming into work the most amazing time. I went in for a job and came out with tons of new friends. We all help each other out and make sure we`re all on task. I couldn`t have asked for a better team! – less
Low Stress Job
CASHIER (Former Employee), Beaumont, ABApril 28, 2014
Pros: low stress
Cons: part time only, had to push carts in without a machine everyshit.
No Frills was a low stress job, which is great for someone in school. The staff was awesome, and the uniforms weren't tacky.
flexible schedule
Cashier (Former Employee), London, OntarioApril 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule for students
Cons: pay, long hours of standing in one spot hard on the body and sanity!
Was very flexible for students, some of the management were very nice but some were rude, and the lunch room was always messy and not a nice atmosphere to spend your break in.
Love the company
Stocker (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONApril 2, 2014
Everyday there is always lots of work and all the staff i worked along side was always willing to help.
Productive and fast paced.
Cashier - in training (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
A great place to gain knowledge! I learned several new skills involving transactions, customer relations, using the register, and maintaining cleanliness of surrounding cash areas.
Terrible owners poorly run
Cashier (Former Employee), North battlefordMarch 26, 2014
Cons: terrible owner
Terrible place to work. Completely disorganized, schedule conflicts and poor management. I was seriously unimpressed with the way fraizer ran the place and how he treated the staff. A good boss would be out on the floor with his employees not hiding in the back. I would always check my schedule and they would change it on me. No benefits but union job, – more... you get one 15 min break for every 6 hr shift. Only 10.00 a hr. All the hours you put in they take off. Lots of misleading communication between fraizer Jen the supervisors and management and terrible stock. Lots of very unhappy customers – less

1 2 3 4 5