We are looking for an Assistant Editor/Junior Editor to join the team on our CGI animated theatrical feature film, Seth Rogen’s “Sausage Party”.
Please apply here: http://www.nitrogenstudios.com/jobs/assistant-editorjunior-editor/
The Assistant Editor/Junior Editor provides support to the Editor and Editing department by maintaining an organized and balanced environment. The ideal candidate must have excellent attention to detail, great communication skills, and the ability to react quickly and precisely.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the Editor in whatever duties are required, and helps to keep the editing department running smooth and efficient
- Receives and interprets work from various departments, relaying this information to the Editor
- Cut and manage audio files from dialogue recordings
- Communicates closely with the Production, and other departments in order to analyze requirements of the work flow
- Create exports for dailies as required.
- Keeps up to date on current editing software and has the ability to pick up new systems and workflows
- Takes direction and is responsible for following through on the tasks they are given
- Identifies and informs the Editor of any technical problems that may arise
- Must have a thorough understanding of the animation production process
- Assemble initial rough animatic sequences utilizing storyboards, sound effects, and dialog recordings.
- Makes sure all media is prepared, properly organized, and named for the Supervising Editor
- Updates EDL lists and communicates any scene changes to the relevant departments
Skills & Requirements:
- Expert knowledge of Avid Media Composer and Pro-tools
- Knowledge of other editing software such as Adobe’s Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adrenaline Software, or Final Cut Pro a plus
- Film or Television school training an asset
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Able to work well in a team setting
- Must have a strong understanding of scheduling, project management, and working under strict deadlines
- Experience with Sketchbook Pro will be a plus