Nitrogen Studios is hiring for the Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg R rated, theatrical animated film Sausage Party. We are now accepting job applications. In order for your application to be seen please apply through our website at http://www.nitrogenstudios.com/jobs/animation-td/
The Animation Technical Director is responsible for improving the overall efficiency of the Animation pipeline. They design, implement, and manage tools that assist the Animators work efficiently within the in-house software and systems. Animation TDs work with the Pipeline Director and the Animation team to create tools, techniques, and procedures and support the Animators in finding technical problems with rigs, models, tools or data flow. The ideal candidate possesses strong technical and excellent communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of software design, graphics, and production work flow.
- Create and implement practical tools based on Animator feature requests that integrate with the production pipeline.
- Continually look for ways to optimize the efficiency and work-flow for the Animation department
- Collaborate with departments both up and downstream, to facilitate the smooth flow of assets through the pipeline
- Work with artists to troubleshoot and fix problems
- Ensure animation tools and work-flow follow studio policies and guidelines.
- Work closely with Pipeline Team to maintain and improve the entire production pipeline
- Create and update documentation for tools, techniques and work flows
Skills and Requirements:
- 3+ years experience as a Technical Director with a focus on Animation or Rigging pipelines
- Proficiency in Python APIs and Mel scripting language
- Expert knowledge of Maya required.
- Working knowledge of Houdini and Nuke.
- Must have written and supported animation and/or rigging tools used significantly in production
- Ability to establish priorities
- Work independently and within a group
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering a plus