Nissan Employee Reviews

Strong product focus and goal setting
Commercial Lending Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2017
As a commercial lending analyst in a small department my days are busy and ever changing. Since the department is in a growth phase my weeks can consist of; 20% legal documentation preparation, 20% dealer servicing and training, 20% audit monitoring and follow-up and payment collection, 20% new commercial lending system Canadian lead, 20% new dealership on-boarding.
I have learned to focus my attention and energy on one task at a time, with the nature of my current job it is very easy to get distracted by one task to another and I have learned to priorities and balance multitasking and focus.
I have learned to adapt to change as management is always evolving bring new ideas and strategies for growth.
The most difficult aspect of the job was also the most enjoyable, as the business and growing it is balancing new policies and procedures, being innovative and mitigating risk all while trying to maintain a strong customer focus and profitability.
Pros
Good facility including gym and cafeteria
Cons
lack of teamwork
Great place to complete an apprenticeship
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB20 January 2017
Great place to work, the only reason I am in the industry is because of the positive friendly environment that was conducive to learning, especially being one on one with a journeyman who was great!
Pros
Staff
great company
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
great opportunity, had great opportunity to learn about the auto industry financial part of things, made a lot of life long friends and connections that i maintain till this day.
Warning
Automotive Technician Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 January 2017
Too good to be true.
Short staffed. They are not good at upselling.
Biased bosses . If they do not like you they will make a way for you to quit. They are, generally, very unprofessional. I felt discriminated in this work place.
The work load is unreasonable. One person will have a lot of work in queue which is not good since the customers need to wait longer despite the fact that some of us have no job in line.
They do not have rules set in stone as the rules change every week.
Pros
location
Cons
short staffed, lack of communication, discrimination
Good job , Good shop management , General management was not good
Wash Person/Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC18 December 2016
-Unlock shop
-Filled empty soap buckets
-Clean up around shop if time
-Begin washing cars till lunch or when rush ends, which sometimes wasn't till 3:30
-Continue washing cars till end of shift
Pros
lunch on ever first Friday of the month
Cons
Long hours, no support during rush
Fast pace environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cairo, ON10 November 2016
At Nissan I worked at a very fast pace environment, which taught me how to prioritize and organize my work day to be very productive.

I learned my sales skills from there.
Productive and fun environment to work in with a good gorup of co-workers.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 November 2016
A typical work day is never the same. Some days it can be so busy you are always on your feet and others it can get so slow your actually waiting for the next person to walk in the doors.

Hardest part is when the nights slow down and their is really not much to do. Most enjoyable part is being able to interact with customers. As being basically the first person they see when they first walk in, I add to their first impression of the dealships!
Improving fast on sales skills, knowing customer behavior better
Automotive Sales (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 November 2016
Morning meeting and target setting.
Auto-sales is a fast learning experience on sales skills.
Different than customer service, as a sales you need an unique strategy to win over and settle a deal.
Manager is not your boss but your customer is.
All my co-workers are hard working and smart sales.
The hardest part of the job is sometimes you need to tell who is lying.
I like challenges and auto-sales makes you feel you break the back of a tough job.
Pros
pool car insurance
Cons
The auto group is like no other.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB29 September 2016
Iv never had a job like nissan, it instantly felt like family. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and its a fun place to work. always doing things to prove their appreciation for their employees and hardly ever a bad day to be had. the customers are fantastic and best management around! If you ever get the chance to work for these people dont let the opportunity go.
Pros
free saturday lunches, lots of support, caring, christmas parties, holiday festivities, and everything ij between.
Cons
Having to leave.
Productive and intense workload
Senior Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 September 2016
Hours were 830am- 430pm
Learned most of my Accounting hands on skills at Nissan
Worked closely with Management and team members.
The hardest part of my job was trying to keep my work in the office.
My most enjoyable part of the job was the analytical aspect of the position.
Pros
The knowledge I gained over the years
Cons
Taking work home

Want to know more about Nissan?

Ask a question
Nissan Motor Egypt
Human Resources, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Egypt, ON24 August 2016
One of the most important companies in Egypt , i am proud working there for 6 years , i have been promoted for 3 times till the level of Assistant Manager.
However work/life balance was very difficlut and still.
Pros
Strong learning enviroment
Cons
work/life balance
A laid back workplace
Bilingual Lease Customer Network (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 August 2016
The company was more focused on having fun over work. There was no stability at the company and it became a revolving door of people coming and going within a few months.
Pros
Great car commercials
Cons
Poorly managed company, Minor discount on car puchase
Loved the staff and environment
Porter/ Shuttle driver / Mechanic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 June 2016
A regular day at work would feel like you've been there for just half a day or less. The atmosphere is friendly as well as easy to work in.
fun workplace
Wash Bay, Lube Tech, General Service (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 June 2016
I had worked full time in the summer of 2015, until september i was working together with my father at his work place, learning how to use basic tools and other equipment from the shop. Learning how to change oil and check tire pressure also by rotation of the tires. I loved the work environment and loved working hard!
Pros
Basic mechanic knowledge and tech tool use
Cons
Long drive from Saint Albert to Sherwood Park
Positive work environment, great communication between staff members, felt appreciated
Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 May 2016
Updated clients banking information for monthly lease or loan payments
Responded to faxes and emails to ensure that correct information was received for updating payment details
Called customers to advise them if payments did not go through or if it was too late to process the monthly payment
Transferred accounts that were more than one month past due to the collections department
Handled customers calls and inquiries and transferred them to the correct department if necessary
Assisted management with updating information in the system for car dealerships, copied reports, mailed originals to dealership in a timely manner.
Updated address and contact information in the system
Management, co-workers were respectful and there was great team work.
Great co-workers and upbeat environment every day
Many staff members wanted to take vacation around the same time but good resolution between employees and management, other than that the best company I've ever worked for
Knowing that if there is anything that I need to talk about I can approach anyone
Pros
Discounted breakfast and lunch, amazing team, management, president is so humble and encouraging
Cons
Not really anything that I can think of
Great People
Certified Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2016
During my time at Nissan it was a pleasure to work with the staff and the environment overall was enjoyable. The ownership has changed since although during my tenure it was really good.
Company evolution
Multiple positions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2016
This Japanese automaker evolved over the several years. I held several position over my tenure with Nissan. i and Nissan continue to evolve.
Pros
lots of opportunity
Cons
insufficient Canadian independance
fun
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 March 2016
excellent compay to work for my co workers were awesome. The company treats there employees with respect and they help if any problems arise the best they can.
Fun
Sales (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 February 2016
great staff and great customers, only issue is its in a small town and gets quiet at times. base salary is fair, but without sales it might aswell be nothing
Pros
free lunches on saturdays and snowy days
Cons
pay
Fun open concept work environment
Bilingual Lease Customer Network Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2016
Great place to work, new challenges every day, many opportunities for advancement for those who apply their craft. Busy location when it comes to traffic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nissan. Our community is ready to answer.