Nissan Employee Reviews

Good for what it is.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stouffville, ON11 July 2017
Good people and laid back environment.
Opportunity to make a good amount of money if you are in the online sales portion of the store.
working weekends and nights is expected as well as end of month pushes.
Pros
Opportunity to earn good money.
Cons
Shift work, weekends, always 'plugged in'
An amazing place to learn about the automotive industry
Co-Op student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 June 2017
Working at Nissan was a valuable learning experience as a Co-Op student. Indeed, you feel part of something bigger as you have the opportunity to experience the organizational culture and the daily operations in a company with global presence.
Its ok
Automotive Service Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 June 2017
Typical work, management is not that good favoritism. Work culture is not good if you're not with them your against them. Service and head mechanic don't treat their employees well.
Pros
benefit, can make mistake
Cons
work place culture sucks
Always pushing for results
Head office (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2017
Always pushing for results. Always. Always. Always. This of course leads to long hours and stress. Thankfully some good people work there which can make the workload worthwhile

Not a place that you can work at long-term. This is a pit stop on one's career.
Cons
long hours, Stress
Not a place I would recommend people to work at
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 June 2017
the job was a fast pace work environment. A typical day at work would start out with getting prepared for the day such as fill bottles with chemical to clean the vehicles. We would get at the least 10 vehicles a day. Would get two 15min breaks and a half hour but would have to clock out every time I took a break. Management acted like they would have everything under control. They were not supportive with important problems that I would bring to them. Was tested like a supervisor but was not the supervisor. The hardes part would be tying to get vehicles done on time as most times we would get more then 2 vehicles for the same time. The job it's self was unorganized. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with. They always mad me smile and always enjoyed talking with them on my breaks.
Pros
The employees
Cons
High stress, not professional
good career opportunity
Engineer (Current Employee) –  uk, sunderland4 June 2017
good salary, not so great on the work/life balance. production staff have to much influence over engineering decisions, however the management are friendly.
Pros
salary
Great.
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 May 2017
Worked there with very new skills and helped me advance forward with great and respectful manner. Loved working for them and enjoyed it to the maximum.
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC18 April 2017
Very fun and keeps you busy with a friendly environment, helps build on profesionalism and will give you a good idea on how to handle jobs in the future
Strong product focus and goal setting
Commercial Lending Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2017
As a commercial lending analyst in a small department my days are busy and ever changing. Since the department is in a growth phase my weeks can consist of; 20% legal documentation preparation, 20% dealer servicing and training, 20% audit monitoring and follow-up and payment collection, 20% new commercial lending system Canadian lead, 20% new dealership on-boarding.
I have learned to focus my attention and energy on one task at a time, with the nature of my current job it is very easy to get distracted by one task to another and I have learned to priorities and balance multitasking and focus.
I have learned to adapt to change as management is always evolving bring new ideas and strategies for growth.
The most difficult aspect of the job was also the most enjoyable, as the business and growing it is balancing new policies and procedures, being innovative and mitigating risk all while trying to maintain a strong customer focus and profitability.
Pros
Good facility including gym and cafeteria
Cons
lack of teamwork
environnement agréable sauf patronale
Conseiller en vente automobile (Former Employee) –  Ile-Perrot, QC7 February 2017
équipe magnifique , directeur magouille un peu les contrat de vente
Pros
ambiance
Cons
directeur
Great place to complete an apprenticeship
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB20 January 2017
Great place to work, the only reason I am in the industry is because of the positive friendly environment that was conducive to learning, especially being one on one with a journeyman who was great!
Pros
Staff
great company
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
great opportunity, had great opportunity to learn about the auto industry financial part of things, made a lot of life long friends and connections that i maintain till this day.
administrer reclamation de garantie
Commis aux réclamations (Former Employee) –  Laval (53)10 January 2017
administrer tout ce qui concerne les reclamations de garantie de Nissan Canada tres bonne colloboration avec Nissan Canada, les gerant de service, gerant des piece et les mecaniciens
le plus difficile etait de rester assis durant de longue heure devant l' ordinateur le chalenge que 100% des reclamations soit remboursés
Warning
Automotive Technician Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 January 2017
Too good to be true.
Short staffed. They are not good at upselling.
Biased bosses . If they do not like you they will make a way for you to quit. They are, generally, very unprofessional. I felt discriminated in this work place.
The work load is unreasonable. One person will have a lot of work in queue which is not good since the customers need to wait longer despite the fact that some of us have no job in line.
They do not have rules set in stone as the rules change every week.
Pros
location
Cons
short staffed, lack of communication, discrimination
Environnement de travail tres amusant et cultivant
Mécanicien (Former Employee) –  Granby, QC22 December 2016
le groupe beaucage sont present pour leur employée, ils prennent en consideration tout ce donc on leur fait part bref un emplois qui en vaut la peine
Good job , Good shop management , General management was not good
Wash Person/Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC18 December 2016
-Unlock shop
-Filled empty soap buckets
-Clean up around shop if time
-Begin washing cars till lunch or when rush ends, which sometimes wasn't till 3:30
-Continue washing cars till end of shift
Pros
lunch on ever first Friday of the month
Cons
Long hours, no support during rush
manque de leadership de la direction
directeur commercial (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC14 December 2016
j'etais responsable du financement automobile, la vente de garanti prolonge, des assurances vie et invalidité, et de tout produit connexe rencontrer les clients pour expliqué la difference entre la vente et la location de vehicule
Fast pace environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cairo, ON10 November 2016
At Nissan I worked at a very fast pace environment, which taught me how to prioritize and organize my work day to be very productive.

I learned my sales skills from there.
Productive and fun environment to work in with a good gorup of co-workers.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 November 2016
A typical work day is never the same. Some days it can be so busy you are always on your feet and others it can get so slow your actually waiting for the next person to walk in the doors.

Hardest part is when the nights slow down and their is really not much to do. Most enjoyable part is being able to interact with customers. As being basically the first person they see when they first walk in, I add to their first impression of the dealships!
Improving fast on sales skills, knowing customer behavior better
Automotive Sales (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 November 2016
Morning meeting and target setting.
Auto-sales is a fast learning experience on sales skills.
Different than customer service, as a sales you need an unique strategy to win over and settle a deal.
Manager is not your boss but your customer is.
All my co-workers are hard working and smart sales.
The hardest part of the job is sometimes you need to tell who is lying.
I like challenges and auto-sales makes you feel you break the back of a tough job.
Pros
pool car insurance