Nissan North America

Nissan North America Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Had a passion for my job...
Supervisor, Financial Funding (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntraioOctober 18, 2012
Pros: subsidized cafe meals, in house gym
Cons: lack of team building events, lack of employee recognition
* A typical day would start off, with logging on to the phones (resolving issues with both co-workers and clients); meeting my personal quota; assisting co-workers with queries; approving as many accounts to be paid before a certain batch time; monitoring the work list of all accounts new/old; fixing incorrect accounts/payments on files worked within – more... the week.
* Impressed with my personal skills on the job, it's more beneficial to let others fix their own errors instead of fixing it for them.
* Personally unimpressed with higher management (with their lack of knowledge for the job function and assistance), however, have great respect for my immediate manager and her principals for work ethic.
My co-workers became family over the years, worked with a solid team (good people).
* The hardest part of my job would be, having to deal with a diverse group of people who were completely unhappy with the company which in turn affected their work productivity causing avoidable errors that had a domain effect.
* Most enjoyable part of my job would be that I was great at it. Enjoyed my job tasks and was pushed to reach my full potential by my peers. Amazing support from my team and immediate manager. – less
not a good place to work
sales (Former Employee), torontoMay 26, 2012
long hours with no consideration of family, you are only as good as your last sale. head count is a major concern. lots of politics
productive work place
factory worker (Former Employee), sunderlandJuly 18, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: long days
at Nissan i work as part of a big team to help meet deadlines.very busy place to work.
Fun Place to work
Receptionist/Service Cashier (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 9, 2014
I enjoyed working with them in Reno, NV. The service advisors I worked with made my job enjoyable. Must customers we constant repeat and I got to know them well and was a joy to assist them and have conversations while they waited for their vehicles.
happy workplace
catering assistant (Former Employee), sunderlandJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches and overtime
very happy enviroment everyone helped each other even though we had our own set jobs
Great Experience
Line Operator (Former Employee), Sunderland, ENGJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good wage
Cons: job security
Working with Calsonic Kansei was a big eye opener for me realising the pace of working on a line, although I struggled at first I’m not a quitter and never have been. I was focused and gave my 100% effort and became adapted to the work in front of me, although my time there was cut short due to Nissan reducing Line 2 shift pattern from 3-2 shifts I – more... was working through an agency and the reason I was let go was not because of my dedication to work but simply as they had to reduce the number of agency works to cope with the shift change. – less
Productive and fun at work
Software Developer (Former Employee), Chennai, TNJuly 6, 2014
It was very productive and fun at work.
Started my career and learned IBM mainframes
Great Place to Build a Foundation
Pricing Marketing Operations, Planner (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 1, 2014
I've enjoyed the past eight years with Nissan. I'm currently seeking more experience in mainstream and multicultural brand management across all channels.
Line operator
Line Operator (Former Employee), Decherd, TNJune 25, 2014
I assembled engines and put the heads on engines and everything that goes in the engine..
a lot of manager gossips and micro-managing
Balance and control kelly temp (Current Employee), irving texasJune 22, 2014
Pros: a job to get by, by gas etc
Cons: hounded like animals, micromanaging, bias, gossiping, kissing ---
very biased hiring and promotion is based on who you know, not what you know! very micro managing, gossiping esp. management. trying to set up an employee against another. Minorities do not get promoted easily, most of them are working as temps despite being highly educated. Only the "right races" get permanent offers and promotion. Be careful.you cant – more... even trust coworkers never know who's gonna set u up! lol. Attendance issues very sensitive etc etc...I am Hispanic and proud of it but do not declare it under eeoc, they may never hire you and if they do never get promoted...keep looking..they are so petty!

.... – less
Fun place to work
Business Development Center Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 16, 2014
Typical work day was relaxed but yet the work got done. Strengthen my customer service skills and learned new skills.
Nice and big workshop
AUTO ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), Nissan Saudi ArabiaJune 15, 2014
Good company but the problem is the management,
Luck of tools but i learned a lot, how to diagnose using by scanner or consult, follow service manual procedure.
I enjoy in my job when if there is a troubleshooting like engine,power train, anti-lock brake system etc.
It's a boys club
Battery Plant Tech (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNJune 11, 2014
Pros: paid holidays and two paid shut down periods
Cons: break room and bath rooms are too far apart. mistrusting atmosphere.
Typical day is morning gathering to identify issues from previous shifts, and stretch, and watch comp videos, if any.
Then, monitor a robotic line that makes electric batteries, which are very volatile. Lock out tag out is highly important. It's a high stress job. Line leaders and fellow workers, who are looking to get ahead will spy on you and try – more... and take you down for any mistake you've made. They will blame you for problems that another employee may have caused. Boys Club mentality rules, in my group. However, there is a good ratio between male to females in Supv roles overall. General mistrust between the employees because everyone is trying to climb the ladder. If I didn't need the money or benefits, I would not be there. – less
Hard worker
Technician (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNJune 10, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: i have had my hands worked on and now have neck and back restrictions
Nissan would be really great place to work but over the years I see how they have changed from a family corp o just money making corp that will hurt their workers and try to make it seems the workers fault.
Very Friendly and fun Place to work Learned alot of new things. Since I came from a maintenace background.
Onin Staffing Production Technician (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 6, 2014
Pros: raises every mths
Cons: that seventh sometimes was a tiresome task.
A typical day consisted of a morning meeting, plans for the and the next and a follow from the day before. I learned how cars and trucks are manufactured from begining to end. Manangement was wonderful coulndt ask for a better group. On eight of us in this dept just like family. The hardest part of this job waas getting when its time to get off. the – more... third shift. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning the proces of a spray in truck bed liner. – less
great place
lube tech (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: great place friendly work enviroment
Cons: no advancements, free lunch on saturdays
4 stars i give it good owner takes real care of you..very clean place to work
best place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 3, 2014
Pros: nice management
Cons: no complains
enjoyable place to work the hard part is making it to work load n unload trucks
Good company to work for, a typical day involved numerous challenges
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee), Canton, MSMay 29, 2014
Pros: excellent work invoirment with management and workers
Cons: employees with bad attitudes
My jobs at Nissan involved assembly of vehicles, inspections of completed vehicles. Quality was strict requirement.
Management was concerned about increasing worker knowledge
and job performance.
Warehouse Position
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Torrence, CAMay 29, 2014
It was cool working for Nissan seeing the parts go in the box to go make a car or fix a truck who knows. I just sorted them and pack them. I had to scan them and put on truck. I met some fun people working there. I enjoy the early graveyard shift because it was some cool guys on my shift we did our work and we talked man talk.
Opportunity to grow
Field Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Somerset, NJMay 27, 2014
Working at Nissan has given me the opportunity to learn, understand, develop and perfect my knowledge and expertise in the sales and aftersales areas of the automotive industry.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nissan North America

Nissan Motor gets where it's going in North America through Nissan North America. With plants in the US and Mexico, Nissan North – Read more