Nissan North America

Nissan North America Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Had a passion for my job...
Supervisor, Financial Funding (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntraioOctober 18, 2012
Pros: subsidized cafe meals, in house gym
Cons: lack of team building events, lack of employee recognition
* A typical day would start off, with logging on to the phones (resolving issues with both co-workers and clients); meeting my personal quota; assisting co-workers with queries; approving as many accounts to be paid before a certain batch time; monitoring the work list of all accounts new/old; fixing incorrect accounts/payments on files worked within – more... the week.
* Impressed with my personal skills on the job, it's more beneficial to let others fix their own errors instead of fixing it for them.
* Personally unimpressed with higher management (with their lack of knowledge for the job function and assistance), however, have great respect for my immediate manager and her principals for work ethic.
My co-workers became family over the years, worked with a solid team (good people).
* The hardest part of my job would be, having to deal with a diverse group of people who were completely unhappy with the company which in turn affected their work productivity causing avoidable errors that had a domain effect.
* Most enjoyable part of my job would be that I was great at it. Enjoyed my job tasks and was pushed to reach my full potential by my peers. Amazing support from my team and immediate manager. – less
not a good place to work
sales (Former Employee), torontoMay 26, 2012
long hours with no consideration of family, you are only as good as your last sale. head count is a major concern. lots of politics
Car factory
Line Technician (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNApril 9, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: short breaks, not having a union, and no job security
A typical day starts with a shift meeting in which the supervisor goes over what happened the day before. I learned how to work every single day, and work with various personalities. I had some of the best co-workers ever! The hardest part of the job is doing the same thing everyday over and over. The most enjoyable part of the job is being paid every – more... week. – less
Productive and Fun
Production Technician (Former Employee), Canton, MSApril 8, 2014
Nissan for me was different because it was my first time being in that type of setting. But, daily it was a great environment and I enjoyed my job. I enjoyed the people I worked with, although sometimes some could act out of character, I still enjoyed it. You had opportunities for advancement and I like the idea of that. Management was good, they always – more... had an open door policy. If you needed them you just come to them. The hardest part about my job, was not being at home to help my children with their school work when they came home because I was on afternoon shift. The most enjoyable part about my job was, learning and getting to know new people. – less
nice environment
Sales Associate, Nissan of Greer (Former Employee), south carolinaApril 8, 2014
The managers are always ready to help seal a deal and they always make sure there are training materials to bring out the best in you.
Productive and Enjoyable
Building Maintenance and Workshop Assistant (Current Employee), Exeter, ENGApril 8, 2014
Pros: many
Good co-workers and Management.
Ejoyable job roles with self amanagment skills.
using your own judgement on what jobs require assistant.
good working hours and venue
friendly
supportive
Productive and fun workplace
Car Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Ancaster, ENGApril 8, 2014
Pros: co car
Cons: long hours
Always part of a team and enjoyed meeting different customers
Exciting workplace with alot of potential for growth
Conveyor Maintenance Leader (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNApril 7, 2014
Working here has been a great experience to me. Ive had the opprotunity to get into a field that I love and am learning so much to better myself for my future. I have a great crew and I think the best part of my job is the experiences that im able to learn from and the education im getting from my job that builds on what ive already obtained.
Collaborative and Learning Environment
Market Intelligence Intern (Former Employee), Franklin, TNApril 2, 2014
Working at Nissan was a great eye-opener for me since I had not worked for a Japanese-owned company before. I found the environment to be full of people who were willing to answer questions at any time and if they couldn't would point you in the direction of someone who could. Also, when going to different departments people are willing to give you – more... general information about their work and what they do and also help you to see how everything is connected.

When it comes to collaboration, people are very willing to work in team settings. There is a good amount of discussion that people have and you learn about peoples concerns/weaknesses on work they may not be able to handle. This only helps in the brainstorming process of how work will be split up for when the project is done. Constant communication is kept and weekly meetings are usually held to keep everyone accountable and the projects on track. – less
Fast paced productive place to work
Production Associate/Offline Leader/Trainer (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNApril 2, 2014
Pros: short shifts of 7.5 hrs, friendly co-workers, music while you work
Cons: hit certain times of the year where there is lots of overtime
The work is fast paced but not too hard. Everything is at waist level and there is not a lot of bending over as you work on vehicles as they come to you. The people you work with are friendly and helpful and you get to listen to music as you work which helps the time go by. Management is god and does't hover over you as long as you do your job and care – more... to do it right. If there is a problem, they do the best they can to correct it in a timely manner. – less
Exciting and fun place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee), St. Peters,Mo.April 1, 2014
Unloading trucks, data entry, supervisor responsiblities
Nissan of Bourne
Deal Clerk/Title Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee), Bourne, MAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: decent money for the job.
Cons: no benefits, hard to take your vacation or get time off if needed.
Poor leadership in management. To much micro managing. No respect from management.
Contract Processor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2014
I had the ability to work independently and with co-workers from a balanced environment. No phone calls all data entry work. I enjoyed not having to talk to customer's all day.
Very challenging but help me grow in terms of handling pressure but how ever management ws very good wit us in terms of information
Driver (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPMarch 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches during overtimes
Cons: strikes
-Learned good communication skills
-Had good relations with management
-Enjoyed working with my co-workers
Growing Company with opportunity for advancement
Fixed Operations Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 25, 2014
Pros: new car every 12 months!
Nissan is a growing company with a great product. Plenty of room for advancement if you are willing to relocate at will. Performance = Promotion. Period.
not micro managed...
Retention Specialist/Customer Relations (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2014
great job, however work environment is not good &management not willing to accommodate
Was a pretty friendly place to work
Picker (Former Employee), Aurora, ILMarch 18, 2014
Picking parts, if you had any questions everyone was friendly enough to answer them for you good work place
productive
Technician (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNMarch 18, 2014
busy all the time, on feet 8 hrs or more. management is bad. only 3 paid vacation days through out the year
Micromanages everyone
Insurance Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: get to lease cars
Cons: micromanages everyone and pay is horrible
Did not like working for this company because they micromanaged everyone and gave little raises, worked you to death and didn't appreciate their employees, hard to advance and get ahead unless you know someone or become bff with upper management.
Fun
Struct torque on the line (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNMarch 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Good job sit around older people/customer and hear all there jokes the best thing about the job was learning alot i didnt know about 18 wheelers another good thing about this job was it was nothing hard to do with the right tools .

1 2 3 4 5

About Nissan North America

Nissan MotorĀ gets where it's going in North America through Nissan North America. With plants in the US and Mexico, Nissan North – Read more