Nissan North America

Nissan North America Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work as a team
Technician (Former Employee), Moncton Area, NBAugust 11, 2014
Pros: you can fix your own car..
Cons: theres no money....and respect !
In all my days in automotive dealerships,
In the management office i only work once for a manager who had been there .
There is no systems in place for a tech to advance ,
Its sad The young techs are lacking experience ,,
In proper diagnosing and understanding the systems.

The hardest part of tech is job to get the proper information
so the tech can – more... make proper dag.
I don't think you would put your best Quarter Back On the side lines ...
You work in and environment it gives you aces to information ,
I'm always learning .. – less
Nissan Canada Finance/Kelly Services
Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 16, 2014
Cons: no advancement no bonus no personal days no paid sick days
Working for Nissan Canada Finance for 6 Yrs
Everyday my part time job is to find a new job
Nissan Canada Finance hires through Kelly Services TEMP STAFF
Joined on 4 months TERM and its more then 6 years still working at same post.
NO ADVANCEMENT
NO BONUS
NO PERSONAL DAYS
NO PAID SICK DAYS
Only thing you get is 4% added to your pay every cheque for vacation – more... U dont get BONUS but u get targets to meet :) Good Luck working for NISSAN. People worked TEMP 10 YRS finally gave up and left – less
ejoyable place to work with Gimm in the head office
NETWORK SUPPORT ENGINEER IBM (Former Employee), mississauga, OntarioFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: company pays 50% of lunch
Cons: long hours
mornings health check of the system, I learned extensive trouble shooting of the hardware system no much interaction of management unless major issues good environment to work the hardest part of the job working on call 24/7 flexible hours
Had a passion for my job...
Supervisor, Financial Funding (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntraioOctober 18, 2012
Pros: subsidized cafe meals, in house gym
Cons: lack of team building events, lack of employee recognition
* A typical day would start off, with logging on to the phones (resolving issues with both co-workers and clients); meeting my personal quota; assisting co-workers with queries; approving as many accounts to be paid before a certain batch time; monitoring the work list of all accounts new/old; fixing incorrect accounts/payments on files worked within – more... the week.
* Impressed with my personal skills on the job, it's more beneficial to let others fix their own errors instead of fixing it for them.
* Personally unimpressed with higher management (with their lack of knowledge for the job function and assistance), however, have great respect for my immediate manager and her principals for work ethic.
My co-workers became family over the years, worked with a solid team (good people).
* The hardest part of my job would be, having to deal with a diverse group of people who were completely unhappy with the company which in turn affected their work productivity causing avoidable errors that had a domain effect.
* Most enjoyable part of my job would be that I was great at it. Enjoyed my job tasks and was pushed to reach my full potential by my peers. Amazing support from my team and immediate manager. – less
not a good place to work
sales (Former Employee), torontoMay 26, 2012
long hours with no consideration of family, you are only as good as your last sale. head count is a major concern. lots of politics
Fast paced place to work with great benefits
Product Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Canton, MSAugust 17, 2014
I enjoyed this opportunity. It gave me a chance to work with a multitude of individuals with different talents in a fast paced environment. I also enjoyed being able to learn how a vehicle is made from start to finish and everything that happens in between. Also, putting in place different measures to make sure vehicles meet certain quality standards – more... of the company, and most importantly, the consumer. This was a great opportunity that taught me the importance of teamwork and having quality team members. The hardest part of this job was getting supervision to understand my ideas. This taught me to enhance my communication skills to be get my thoughts and ideas understood. – less
fun workplace
SAP SD Functional Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago,ILAugust 12, 2014
I have improved my skills a lot,
working management is so good in our company..
Co-workers supported me in each and every aspect.
Most enjoyable thing is working together and playing a prominent part in the growth of the company..
Good Company
Kitting Techician (Former Employee), Canton, MSAugust 11, 2014
Pros: i loved working with my hands
I learned how to put certain parts in cars.Although they worked you like slaves sometimes it was a big company.and good company.
ok
lot attendent (Former Employee), tucsonAugust 4, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: unstable
easy job fun to work somtimes. owner likes to be treated like a king.
not good job security.
Can be a challenging environment for work/life balance and highly subjective to the management within the branch of the organization.
Accountant (Current Employee), Headquarters-Franklin TN, Plant-Smyrna TNAugust 3, 2014
Pros: pleasant work environment (facilities) in the head quarters.
Cons: a general lack of work/life balance and team building for problem resolution.
The typical work days is fairly structured to a close process whether that be preparation or closing processes and ranges in duration from 9 to 10 hours.
There are many facets to achieving goals but team approach, though highly advised, isn't uniformly promoted within management.
Management style and ability is highly dependent upon the branch of the – more... organization and this is considerably mixed from the lowest management position to the highest management position.
Co-workers are generally confident and knowledgeable but can at times be aloof within small groups but overall are pleasant to work with.
Getting commitment by management pertaining to specific goals and basic performance responsibilities is the most challenging aspect.
There are many challenges relating to process inefficiencies and antiquated process that challenge me to improve those processes to reduce time loss and increase accuracy of data reported. – less
Low Morale and Not Getting Better
Buyer (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJuly 22, 2014
Pros: employee leas program
Cons: early/late japan meetings many times per week, lack of resources to complete the job
Workload is not manageable. People continue to leave for GM and Ford. Morale is very low and nothing is being done about it. Bonus is very low compared to competitors.
productive work place
factory worker (Former Employee), sunderlandJuly 18, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: long days
at Nissan i work as part of a big team to help meet deadlines.very busy place to work.
Fun Place to work
Receptionist/Service Cashier (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 9, 2014
I enjoyed working with them in Reno, NV. The service advisors I worked with made my job enjoyable. Must customers we constant repeat and I got to know them well and was a joy to assist them and have conversations while they waited for their vehicles.
happy workplace
catering assistant (Former Employee), sunderlandJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches and overtime
very happy enviroment everyone helped each other even though we had our own set jobs
Great Experience
Line Operator (Former Employee), Sunderland, ENGJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good wage
Cons: job security
Working with Calsonic Kansei was a big eye opener for me realising the pace of working on a line, although I struggled at first I’m not a quitter and never have been. I was focused and gave my 100% effort and became adapted to the work in front of me, although my time there was cut short due to Nissan reducing Line 2 shift pattern from 3-2 shifts I – more... was working through an agency and the reason I was let go was not because of my dedication to work but simply as they had to reduce the number of agency works to cope with the shift change. – less
Productive and fun at work
Software Developer (Former Employee), Chennai, TNJuly 6, 2014
It was very productive and fun at work.
Started my career and learned IBM mainframes
Great Place to Build a Foundation
Pricing Marketing Operations, Planner (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 1, 2014
I've enjoyed the past eight years with Nissan. I'm currently seeking more experience in mainstream and multicultural brand management across all channels.
Line operator
Line Operator (Former Employee), Decherd, TNJune 25, 2014
I assembled engines and put the heads on engines and everything that goes in the engine..
a lot of manager gossips and micro-managing
Balance and control kelly temp (Current Employee), irving texasJune 22, 2014
Pros: a job to get by, by gas etc
Cons: hounded like animals, micromanaging, bias, gossiping, kissing ---
very biased hiring and promotion is based on who you know, not what you know! very micro managing, gossiping esp. management. trying to set up an employee against another. Minorities do not get promoted easily, most of them are working as temps despite being highly educated. Only the "right races" get permanent offers and promotion. Be careful.you cant – more... even trust coworkers never know who's gonna set u up! lol. Attendance issues very sensitive etc etc...I am Hispanic and proud of it but do not declare it under eeoc, they may never hire you and if they do never get promoted...keep looking..they are so petty!

.... – less
Fun place to work
Business Development Center Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 16, 2014
Typical work day was relaxed but yet the work got done. Strengthen my customer service skills and learned new skills.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nissan North America

Nissan Motor gets where it's going in North America through Nissan North America. With plants in the US and Mexico, Nissan North – Read more