Nissan North America Employee Reviews

Productive and fun environment to work in with a good gorup of co-workers.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 November 2016
A typical work day is never the same. Some days it can be so busy you are always on your feet and others it can get so slow your actually waiting for the next person to walk in the doors.

Hardest part is when the nights slow down and their is really not much to do. Most enjoyable part is being able to interact with customers. As being basically the first person they see when they first walk in, I add to their first impression of the dealships!
Great People
Certified Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2016
During my time at Nissan it was a pleasure to work with the staff and the environment overall was enjoyable. The ownership has changed since although during my tenure it was really good.
product and fun working place with learning everyday
Detailer (Former Employee) –  mississauga24 August 2015
a typical day at work would be getting the keys id need to get the cars to bring them into my bay to get all cleaned and washed, learned to do new things everyday, management was pretty good, co-workers are good i do work well with others, over all its a great fun experience job and id like to try out new things also was great having my own space to work
Nissan Canada Finance/Kelly Services
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2014
Working for Nissan Canada Finance for 6 Yrs
Everyday my part time job is to find a new job
Nissan Canada Finance hires through Kelly Services TEMP STAFF
Joined on 4 months TERM and its more then 6 years still working at same post.
NO ADVANCEMENT
NO BONUS
NO PERSONAL DAYS
NO PAID SICK DAYS
Only thing you get is 4% added to your pay every cheque for vacation U dont get BONUS but u get targets to meet :) Good Luck working for NISSAN. People worked TEMP 10 YRS finally gave up and left
Cons
NO ADVANCEMENT NO BONUS NO PERSONAL DAYS NO PAID SICK DAYS
ejoyable place to work with Gimm in the head office
NETWORK SUPPORT ENGINEER IBM (Former Employee) –  mississauga, Ontario4 February 2014
mornings health check of the system, I learned extensive trouble shooting of the hardware system no much interaction of management unless major issues good environment to work the hardest part of the job working on call 24/7 flexible hours
Pros
company pays 50% of lunch
Work as a team
Technician (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB11 August 2014
In all my days in automotive dealerships,
In the management office i only work once for a manager who had been there .
There is no systems in place for a tech to advance ,
Its sad The young techs are lacking experience ,,
In proper diagnosing and understanding the systems.

The hardest part of tech is job to get the proper information
so the tech can make proper dag.
I don't think you would put your best Quarter Back On the side lines ...
You work in and environment it gives you aces to information ,
I'm always learning ..
Pros
You can fix your own car..
Cons
Theres No Money....And Respect !
not a good place to work
sales (Former Employee) –  toronto26 May 2012
long hours with no consideration of family, you are only as good as your last sale. head count is a major concern. lots of politics
Interesting environment
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 May 2015
I was able to learn about how cars are prepared before the sales. Learned about management of the shop and how to deal with management and co-workers in this type of environment.
Had a passion for my job...
Supervisor, Financial Funding (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontraio18 October 2012
* A typical day would start off, with logging on to the phones (resolving issues with both co-workers and clients); meeting my personal quota; assisting co-workers with queries; approving as many accounts to be paid before a certain batch time; monitoring the work list of all accounts new/old; fixing incorrect accounts/payments on files worked within the week.
* Impressed with my personal skills on the job, it's more beneficial to let others fix their own errors instead of fixing it for them.
* Personally unimpressed with higher management (with their lack of knowledge for the job function and assistance), however, have great respect for my immediate manager and her principals for work ethic.
My co-workers became family over the years, worked with a solid team (good people).
* The hardest part of my job would be, having to deal with a diverse group of people who were completely unhappy with the company which in turn affected their work productivity causing avoidable errors that had a domain effect.
* Most enjoyable part of my job would be that I was great at it. Enjoyed my job tasks and was pushed to reach my full potential by my peers. Amazing support from my team and immediate manager.
Pros
subsidized cafe meals, in house gym
Cons
lack of team building events, lack of employee recognition
Over Enginereed Product At A Mid Range Price
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 July 2015
Absolutely loved representing the Nissan brand. Over engineered product with a mid range price tag.

Hours were not family friendly
Pros
Great Product
Cons
Poor Commission Pay
Fun and productive workplace
Lot (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC14 February 2015
learned alot about cars while working at nissan, had fun and met many new people. Management was not the best. A typical day consisted of cleaning cars.
high school co-op
Co-op student apprentice (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, on22 December 2014
working under a licensed technician to repair cars

as starting out in the automotive field this job started to train and teach me the basics of working in an automotive dealership repair shop
Pros
diverce working enviroment
Cons
highschool co-op
Working as a detailer & shuttle customers around
Car Detailer (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON12 August 2014
I enjoy meeting & greeting all customers.
Co-Workers are great to work with.
environement de travaille excitant.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Saint-Léonard, QC20 May 2015
Ce lieu de travaille ma beaucoup appris, j’ai travailler avec beaucoup de gens différent et puis apprendre plus sur le domaine de l’automobile.
Résumé de l'emploi en général
Acura - Toyota - Hyundai - GM (Former Employee) –  Rive Sud de Montréal, Québec Canada6 January 2014
Rencontre des clients qui ont acquis un nouveau véhicule.
Élaborer le plan de financement ou de la location.
Qualifier le client et le soumettre au prêteur le plus ouvert selon la situation financière du client.
Vendre les assurances reliées au prêt ( assurance-vie et invalidité, valeur à neuf), les garanties prolongées, les protections genre antirouille ou marquage anti vol etc
Faire le suivi jusqu'à l'obtention de l'approbation de la transaction, monter le dossier (documents, preuves et immatriculation)
Si dossier refusé, solutionner jusqu'à l'obtention d'une approbation
Travail d'équipe, vendeurs et direction
Travail sous pression constante, moyenne financière mensuelle à maintenir.
J'ai fais ce travail durant 9 ans, j'ai quittée ses fonctions car la pression devenait chaque fois plus exigeante et de maintenir les moyennes financières par dossier devenait un exploit (causes principales; internet, location 24 mois, minimum 60 heures/semaine de travail, horaire 9 à 21 hrs souvent 22hrs)
L'aspect financier très intéressant et les rencontres avec des gens de tous les niveaux de la société était la partie agréable de ce travail.
Pros
le salaire, le véhicule fournit ou l'allocation
Cons
pression constante et longues heures (entre 12 et 14 hrs par jour)
correct
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal13 March 2015
Travaille autonome,
j'ai eu mon excellence.
bonne experience.
Pros
auto de compagnie.
Cons
Pas de developpement.