Nippon Express is a global leader in the freight forwarding industry. With offices stretching from Vancouver to Montreal, we provide a wide variety of services including Air and Ocean freight forwarding, Warehousing and Distribution, Customs Brokerage and much more. Our global presence allows us to be one of the largest transportation providers in the world and our reputation has made us a leader in the industry. For more information, please visit our corporate website at http://www.nipponexpress.com/
We are currently looking for a Customs Compliance Specialist (Permanent Full-time) to join our Customs Brokerage Team in Mississauga, Ontario.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage all aspects of commodity databases for a variety of importers and products. Assign tariff classification for both HVS and LVS files while ensuring the accuracy and compliance with various federal and international regulatory laws.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assign proper tariff classifications including end-use provisions of Chapter 99 of the Customs Tariff;
- Determine tariff classification for open B3 files;
- Develop and manage new and existing clients’ commodity databases;
- Ensure compliance with OGD regulations;
- Establish and monitor Quality Control measures to review transactions prior to the file submission to CBSA;
- Provide support and solutions to both clients and branch personnel regarding technical customs issues;
- Assist clients during CBSA Compliance Verification and post-audit requirements;
- Perform NAFTA certificate review for completeness and provide feedback to clients
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HS Tariff classification and entry rating
- CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) designation
- Understanding of the Customs Brokerage and Freight Forwarding industry, including related regulatory laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (French would be an asset but not required)
- Able to provide first-rate customer service and solutions to all stakeholders
- Strong attention to details, well-organized and self-motivated
- Advanced MS Office skills, especially MS Excel
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nippon Express is a global leader in the freight forwarding industry. With offices stretching from Vancouver to Montreal, we provide a wide...