Nine West

Nine West Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee), London, ONApril 10, 2015
Nine West is a great and fun workplace. It is very exciting because new things happen constantly, such as new promotions, arrival of new shoes. I enjoy working there because it allows me to engage and interact with a diverse population.
Part Time Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: fun job with amazing co-workers.
Cons: none.
I worked about 5-6 days per week and normally got 5-8 hour shifts. I would walk into a very bright and friendly environment with awesome customers. We had a goal of how much we would have to sell in shoes daily, normally being around $800. I found this to be easy and somewhat relaxing and time always flew by. Most of the time I worked on the sales floor chatting with customers and assisting them by answering their questions and bringing them shoes from the back. There were a handful of days I worked in the backroom. When in the backroom I would deal with the stock that had come in and organize the shoes. Unfortunately I was already working full time overnight with a higher salary and working both jobs was taking a toll on my health so I had to leave.
Open atmosphere, shopping mall setting
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, OnJune 4, 2014
Cons: at least two 12 hours days per week
The hours were great but the pay was on the low side. Need to be able to deal with difficult customers.
productive workplace
Assistant Store Manager/ Store In-charge (Former Employee), Kingdom of BahrainSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: free food during 12 hours duty
Cons: long hours
i enjoyed working at nine west, a lot to learn everyday, managing a team with different nationality and culture. the management is very supportive also.. and during my stay here we always on top.. the hardest part of the job is time.. because of the staff shortest all the time, i barely have time for myself, doing double shift most of the time.
Fast paced and focused enviornment
Key Holder/ Management (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 5, 2013
Pros: incentives-extra discount
Cons: not enough hours
A day at work for me would be first to find out about the daily goals, then make sure the part-time know their goals and are pushing for them. What i learned is, it is good to encourage workers as they will perform better with positive feedback. My co-workers were very focused and professional its nice to know that i had people that knew exactly what they had to do so i didnt have to keep reminding them of their jobs, also we worked together as a team and everyone picked up where others slacked. The hardest part of my job was to not be too particular about every little thing. Last but not least the most enjoyable part of my job was the feeling of satisfaction when we achieved our goals!
Fun Work Environment, Excellent Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2013
Pros: good management, good teamwork/coworkers, sales rewards, flexible schedule
Cons: low wage
Management and coworkers are very helpful and understanding, all around good people. Great team environment.
Great rewards for good sales, which are easy to attain.
Flexible Schedule.
Really enjoying it so far. Would definitely recommend it.

Do be expected to deal with the occasional rude customer, but that comes with any Customer Service job.

Have not worked here long enough to rate security/advancement.
A Very Productive Day at Nine West
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan, OntarioJanuary 28, 2013
It is extremely busy in Nine West, so our typical day at work would be having a team huddle and discuss our individual sale goals and conquer together. I have learned how to improve on my customer service and have a better understanding of our merchandises which develops my knowledge in fast fashion and what the customers wants. My co-workers are very kind and they are able to work as a team. The most challenging part of my position is the balance of many task at once, while still providing the highest level of service available to customer. The most enjoyable part is that I work with a group of people that enjoys working in teamwork environment and working together to reach our sale goals.
Productive but also stressful workplace
Associée en vente, Caissière (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 17, 2012
Pros: leaving early if store isn't busy
Cons: not getting enough hours
A typical day at work is making sure all tasks are complete and helping all customers in the best way possible.
I learned to keep family matters and other issues outside of the work place, I also learned how to approach customers; start feeling comfortable when talking to them and being more open with them.
Management was very disorganized, unstable and sneaky, able to do and say things behind your back.
Co-workers were easy to talk to and get along with
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how customers were happy when we had shoes they were looking for in their size and that suited them very nicely, our help, time and effort was appreciated by customers.
GREAT
Assist customers (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJune 23, 2012
LOVED MY MANAGER AND COWORKERS , SALARAY WAS ALRIGHT , HOURS WERE GREAT

About Nine West

While some are busy keeping up with the Joneses, The Jones Group (formerly Jones Apparel Group) is too busy taking stock in its own – Read more