Nine West Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONAugust 11, 2016
Co-workers were very kind and friendly, and would help you in situations needed. The stock room was always a mess and that getting used to it was hard as there was a confusion as to where everything was.
Not a very good enivronment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ONMarch 30, 2016
Not a great company to work with ....
DM is very oblivious in helping a hand or when it comes to visits within the store very rude and yells at associates in the store with customers present.
Fun, dynamic, interactive
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCJanuary 20, 2016
Good for a part-time job but no increase in salary. I love the people with whom I work with but I need a challenge, I need to try something new.
productivity
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton City CentreJanuary 16, 2016
1 I love Saturdays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. plus Saturdays our end of the week so that's when we do our papers works and review employee productivities and its so much fun to work with all the numbers and seeing how everyone did it really interests me.
2. I learned a lot, while I was with the company. I learned how to communicate with multiple people and I learned how to build my own clients.
3. managing can be a bit hard at first time. i got used it really fast, its very challenging. however, I learned so many things from it. I enjoyed it.
4. my co-workers are pretty fun to work with. we get a long well. always had good communications one another.
5. the hardest part of the job is when customer start complaining about the store policy or products.
6 I loved everything about the job. customers are very responsive and easy to work with. the staff were well training and it just so easy to be around with people like us.
Pros
flexible hours
Good
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CanadaJanuary 2, 2016
The money wasn't good. Co-workers were really great to work with, everyone is nice. Company was poorly managed. And now they are going bankrupted.
Fun work environment
Floor Supervisor - Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 10, 2015
Nine West is a fun place to work at, you have the benefit of seeing the new trends for the up coming seasons, the discount is very reasonable as well.
Pros
awesome incentives
Cons
Horrible place to work and management is terrible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MississaugaOctober 13, 2015
worst job experience iv ever had. management there is HORRIBLE! and very unorganized. manager is very rude and unsupportive, not to mention has thrown shoes at employees and yelled at customers.
Great learning experience and instilled my work ethic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2015
Exciting place to work with knowledgeable support staff. Achieving goals priority with hard work and positive attitude. Worked with vast variety of people from various backgrounds. Learned great deal about business and myself. Formed lasting relationships with many people during my tenure.
Pros
employee perks ( free product, great discount)
Cons
long hours, limited ability for vacation
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 29, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management, I have learned a lot about the footwear industry. I considered myself very fortunate to have worked within a great dedicated DM team, great ladies to work with!
A very hectic year experience
Regional District Manager Québec, Halifax & Ottawa (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 22, 2015
You know when you start your day but don't know when it will end. I have learned a lot about the footwear industry. I had complete trust and leeway to operate my stores from my superior as he never came to my district aside from the annual manager's meeting. I considered myself very fortunate to have worked within a great dedicated DM team, great ladies to work with! Trying to recrute and reduce employee turn-over. Great product and work environment.
Pros
3 weeks vacation at hiring start & Program/Free shoes for Higher Management
Cons
Long hours, have to do stock, sales, and all other tasks in store in order to get things done because of lean payroll
comfortable and respectful environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherway Gardens, Bloor st w (Toronto ON)September 18, 2015
Working at NW was a great learning experience that built my sense of ethics and responsibility. Management is very understanding and flexible, giving growth opportunities, choice of location transfer and freedom of taking on the initiative and responsibilities.
Pros
flexible and friendly managment and staff
Cons
not quiet clientele-based
Great team and dun workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 9, 2015
A typical day at work would would start by clocking in on the computer. I would service customers by bringing the right (or closest) size of shoe that they would like to try on. Then I would sell the product to them by telling them my experience with the shoe or my knowledge of the shoe and company. My management was a bit disorganized with the schedule and would change last minute in which my employer would not contact me when changed. other then the disorganization my co-workers were the best. We all had excellent teamwork and ended up making many close friends. The hardest part of the job was when the store got crowded and I had about five different customers ask for service but I enjoyed this part the most because I excel in fast-paced environments and I like to be always moving and doing something with my hands
Pros
good hours, commission
Cons
organization
Amazing job. like running your own company. room for growth. team work is great. staff are cooperative. fun environment to work in.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Eaton CentreAugust 1, 2015
Set up the day. Sell, task with staff. meet amazing customers and provide excellent customer service to everyone who walks in
managment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherway Gardens,Toronto,ONJuly 25, 2015
The customer is always right. You will need to be able speak in a friendly way to customers and potential customers, listening to their needs and helping communicate options for them.
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 10, 2015
Nine West is a great and fun workplace. It is very exciting because new things happen constantly, such as new promotions, arrival of new shoes. I enjoy working there because it allows me to engage and interact with a diverse population.
Part Time Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 7, 2015
I worked about 5-6 days per week and normally got 5-8 hour shifts. I would walk into a very bright and friendly environment with awesome customers. We had a goal of how much we would have to sell in shoes daily, normally being around $800. I found this to be easy and somewhat relaxing and time always flew by. Most of the time I worked on the sales floor chatting with customers and assisting them by answering their questions and bringing them shoes from the back. There were a handful of days I worked in the backroom. When in the backroom I would deal with the stock that had come in and organize the shoes. Unfortunately I was already working full time overnight with a higher salary and working both jobs was taking a toll on my health so I had to leave.
Pros
fun job with amazing co-workers.
Cons
none.
Open atmosphere, shopping mall setting
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, OnJune 4, 2014
The hours were great but the pay was on the low side. Need to be able to deal with difficult customers.
Cons
at least two 12 hours days per week
productive workplace
Assistant Store Manager/ Store In-charge (Former Employee) –  Kingdom of BahrainSeptember 26, 2013
i enjoyed working at nine west, a lot to learn everyday, managing a team with different nationality and culture. the management is very supportive also.. and during my stay here we always on top.. the hardest part of the job is time.. because of the staff shortest all the time, i barely have time for myself, doing double shift most of the time.
Pros
free food during 12 hours duty
Cons
Fast paced and focused enviornment
Key Holder/ Management (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 5, 2013
A day at work for me would be first to find out about the daily goals, then make sure the part-time know their goals and are pushing for them. What i learned is, it is good to encourage workers as they will perform better with positive feedback. My co-workers were very focused and professional its nice to know that i had people that knew exactly what they had to do so i didnt have to keep reminding them of their jobs, also we worked together as a team and everyone picked up where others slacked. The hardest part of my job was to not be too particular about every little thing. Last but not least the most enjoyable part of my job was the feeling of satisfaction when we achieved our goals!
Pros
incentives-extra discount
Cons
not enough hours
Fun Work Environment, Excellent Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2013
Management and coworkers are very helpful and understanding, all around good people. Great team environment.
Great rewards for good sales, which are easy to attain.
Flexible Schedule.
Really enjoying it so far. Would definitely recommend it.

Do be expected to deal with the occasional rude customer, but that comes with any Customer Service job.

Have not worked here long enough to rate security/advancement.
Pros
good management, good teamwork/coworkers, sales rewards, flexible schedule
Cons
low wage