Nine West

Nine West Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Open atmosphere, shopping mall setting
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, OnJune 4, 2014
Cons: at least two 12 hours days per week
The hours were great but the pay was on the low side. Need to be able to deal with difficult customers.
productive workplace
Assistant Store Manager/ Store In-charge (Former Employee), Kingdom of BahrainSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: free food during 12 hours duty
Cons: long hours
i enjoyed working at nine west, a lot to learn everyday, managing a team with different nationality and culture. the management is very supportive also.. and during my stay here we always on top.. the hardest part of the job is time.. because of the staff shortest all the time, i barely have time for myself, doing double shift most of the time.
Fast paced and focused enviornment
Key Holder/ Management (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 5, 2013
Pros: incentives-extra discount
Cons: not enough hours
A day at work for me would be first to find out about the daily goals, then make sure the part-time know their goals and are pushing for them. What i learned is, it is good to encourage workers as they will perform better with positive feedback. My co-workers were very focused and professional its nice to know that i had people that knew exactly what – more... they had to do so i didnt have to keep reminding them of their jobs, also we worked together as a team and everyone picked up where others slacked. The hardest part of my job was to not be too particular about every little thing. Last but not least the most enjoyable part of my job was the feeling of satisfaction when we achieved our goals! – less
Fun Work Environment, Excellent Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2013
Pros: good management, good teamwork/coworkers, sales rewards, flexible schedule
Cons: low wage
Management and coworkers are very helpful and understanding, all around good people. Great team environment.
Great rewards for good sales, which are easy to attain.
Flexible Schedule.
Really enjoying it so far. Would definitely recommend it.

Do be expected to deal with the occasional rude customer, but that comes with any Customer Service job.

Have – more... not worked here long enough to rate security/advancement. – less
A Very Productive Day at Nine West
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan, OntarioJanuary 28, 2013
It is extremely busy in Nine West, so our typical day at work would be having a team huddle and discuss our individual sale goals and conquer together. I have learned how to improve on my customer service and have a better understanding of our merchandises which develops my knowledge in fast fashion and what the customers wants. My co-workers are very – more... kind and they are able to work as a team. The most challenging part of my position is the balance of many task at once, while still providing the highest level of service available to customer. The most enjoyable part is that I work with a group of people that enjoys working in teamwork environment and working together to reach our sale goals. – less
Productive but also stressful workplace
Associée en vente, Caissière (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 17, 2012
Pros: leaving early if store isn't busy
Cons: not getting enough hours
A typical day at work is making sure all tasks are complete and helping all customers in the best way possible.
I learned to keep family matters and other issues outside of the work place, I also learned how to approach customers; start feeling comfortable when talking to them and being more open with them.
Management was very disorganized, unstable – more... and sneaky, able to do and say things behind your back.
Co-workers were easy to talk to and get along with
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how customers were happy when we had shoes they were looking for in their size and that suited them very nicely, our help, time and effort was appreciated by customers. – less
GREAT
maintain clean workspace
open and closing store
Experience
Senior Sales (Current Employee), Cerritos, CADecember 13, 2014
Pros: wonderful manager
Cons: not having enough hours as a store.
My daily routine at work consist of : for the most part closing alone, making sure every customer is greeted and attended to, closing the register and making sure the proper amount is deposited and left in the register, paperwork is done, store looks presentable, sales quota, coach employees.
High volume store with a great training team
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New JerseyDecember 8, 2014
Pros: training, atmosphere
Cons: short breaks, job talent
I have learned a lot from this company in fact most of the management knowledge i have i learned with this company. The staff is great very eager to learn how to make themselves and the company better.
Productive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hanover, MDDecember 8, 2014
Pros: people, breaks
Cons: seasonal job
I liked the people I worked with, the manager was nice, the work was fun and kept you busy, and the hours were ok. The culture of the job was satisfactory.
Short Lived
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Mateo, CADecember 6, 2014
Pros: it was in the mall
Cons: they closed
I would keep back room clean and greet customers along with ringing up customers.
I learned the basics of customer service.
The management was very nice and understanding.
Very professional relationship between coworkers.
Hardest part of the job was the lack of business.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to answer customers and make – more... them happy. – less
Great opportunity
Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2014
Lots of fun learning how to run a store properly the ins and outs of being a manager and how to handle different situations.
Productive and fun workplace.
Senior sales associate (Current Employee), Osage Beach, MONovember 21, 2014
Pros: pay raises, paid vacations, fun easy work.
If you like to work one on one with customers and love women's shoes. You will like working for nine west. Just have great customer service. Familiarize yourself with the shoes and handbags they carry. You'll do great.
do not care about there employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYNovember 20, 2014
Lack of staff ad management.
A typical say required to do management , sale and stock. As well as cleaning and other requirment.
Nine West
SUPERVISOR/KEYHOLDER (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 18, 2014
I was always Under a lot of Pressure Working At Nine West,But I learned How To prioritize more.
Productive and great learning environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTNovember 11, 2014
Productive and great learning environment
Drove sales results through greeting and assisting customers on the sales floor
Developed communication skills in person and over the phone
Productive and fun place to work and fast paced.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greater New York Area.October 29, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers.
Cons: short breaks, and the stairs to get to merchandise.
A typical day at nine west for productive and fun.
I learned how to get things done in a timely matter and to provide customer service.
Management was great.
My co-workers was fun to work with and supportive. The hardest part was going up and down stairs all day.
The most enjoyable part was making sales.
Love the skills i gained
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 25, 2014
Lack of parent committment and staff and also the community.
Shoes
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2014
GREAT STORE! Nice customers. Nice Employees. Sorry I had to leave because of school reasons.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nine West

While some are busy keeping up with the Joneses, The Jones Group (formerly Jones Apparel Group) is too busy taking stock in its own – Read more