Nine West Employee Reviews

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 April 2017
Nine West is a nice shoe studio. It was fun to work there and had a great time. The managers and the sales associates were all nice to me so I did not feel nervous.
Nine West was awful to work for
Sales/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON1 February 2017
Didn't like it at all, i don;t know why i have to write so much about not wanting to work somewhere this is dumb. is this long enough yet... because i just didnt like it.
welcoming
Part time Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2017
everyone working there are very friendly. management is good. hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with promotions. promotions change too often it is hard to keep up. i learnedhow to do send sales, stockroom shifting, and opening and closing the store.
Fun and outgoing work place.
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  British Columbia23 November 2016
A typical day at work would include helping customers find their correct shoe size, suggesting other shoes if the ones they originally wanted do not suffice. Then I would complete the sale by bringing them to the cash register and ringing in the shoe(s). My co-workers are very easy people to work with and we work well as a team. The hardest part about the job is finalizing the sale, because you cant force someone to buy a pair of shoes they don't want. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to socialize and meet new people all day.
Pros
Full 8 hour shifts
Cons
Unpaid breaks
Hard working and productive team members
Sales Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2016
A typical day consisted of coaching the associates, cooperating with the team and having fun meeting and greeting customers to promote sales. I've learned a lot in terms of how to manage the store with the assistance and guidance from the store manager.
awesome
sales associate (Brampton) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 October 2016
this company was an amazing experience for me i met great people great management ,and always worked great as a team together . i learned that its ok to make mistakes u learn! with the help of your co workers.
Fun workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 August 2016
Co-workers were very kind and friendly, and would help you in situations needed. The stock room was always a mess and that getting used to it was hard as there was a confusion as to where everything was.
Fun workplace implementing a competitive work environment, and a sales-driven attitude.
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2016
Working at Nine West helped me gain a wide variety of skills and helped me uncover many talents I did not know I had. My typical day consisted of opening and/or closing the store, and managing the employees on shift that day. Customers were always welcomed with a warm smile, a promotion and casual conversation while they looked around the store. Help was offered and given to anyone who might need it.

A great part of the job was that I could be myself around customers while still maintaining a professional environment. My bubbly, outgoing personality worked to my advantage in most situations as it made customers feel comfortable and welcome in the store. It was a great feeling being able to fit customers needs and provide them with a product that they loved.

Duties around the store included keeping the displays clean and aesthetically pleasing, making schedules, and ringing customers through. I was also in charge of daily Audits if I opened, and shutting down the store at night.

You can also view my daily tasks on my resume.
Pros
Half hour lunches, competitive selling, commission on top of base pay.
Cons
Poor management at the higher levels, at times during my employment.
Fun place to work at.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2016
Everyone was extremely nice. Great sense to teamwork and a sense of belonging. A family created environment with a sense of responsibility to do your best.
Pros
Nice lunch room with free coffee.
Cons
None.
Fun and Productive Workplace
Laurier Library Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 April 2016
Great place, co-workers and a fun place to work on weekend. I gained communication and customer service skills. Overall, fun place to work in.
Not a very good enivronment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON30 March 2016
Not a great company to work with ....
DM is very oblivious in helping a hand or when it comes to visits within the store very rude and yells at associates in the store with customers present.
Fun, dynamic, interactive
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC20 January 2016
Good for a part-time job but no increase in salary. I love the people with whom I work with but I need a challenge, I need to try something new.
productivity
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton City Centre16 January 2016
1 I love Saturdays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. plus Saturdays our end of the week so that's when we do our papers works and review employee productivities and its so much fun to work with all the numbers and seeing how everyone did it really interests me.
2. I learned a lot, while I was with the company. I learned how to communicate with multiple people and I learned how to build my own clients.
3. managing can be a bit hard at first time. i got used it really fast, its very challenging. however, I learned so many things from it. I enjoyed it.
4. my co-workers are pretty fun to work with. we get a long well. always had good communications one another.
5. the hardest part of the job is when customer start complaining about the store policy or products.
6 I loved everything about the job. customers are very responsive and easy to work with. the staff were well training and it just so easy to be around with people like us.
Pros
flexible hours
Good
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canada2 January 2016
The money wasn't good. Co-workers were really great to work with, everyone is nice. Company was poorly managed. And now they are going bankrupted.
Fun work environment
Floor Supervisor - Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 November 2015
Nine West is a fun place to work at, you have the benefit of seeing the new trends for the up coming seasons, the discount is very reasonable as well.
Pros
awesome incentives
no job security
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON2 November 2015
With all the changes with in upper management it is hard to have job security. We sell an amazing product and I stand behind the product.
Ownership of store management - was responsible for all day-to-day operations
Store Manager & District Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2015
Given a lot of autonomy in the day-to-day operations
Received extensive experience in management training for the entire district
Head office staff was helpful and pleasant
Worked with a great team within the store
Took full ownership of running the boutique
Long hours but always busy
Received valuable experience in event coordination and visual merchandising
Horrible place to work and management is terrible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga13 October 2015
worst job experience iv ever had. management there is HORRIBLE! and very unorganized. manager is very rude and unsupportive, not to mention has thrown shoes at employees and yelled at customers.
Great learning experience and instilled my work ethic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2015
Exciting place to work with knowledgeable support staff. Achieving goals priority with hard work and positive attitude. Worked with vast variety of people from various backgrounds. Learned great deal about business and myself. Formed lasting relationships with many people during my tenure.
Pros
employee perks ( free product, great discount)
Cons
long hours, limited ability for vacation
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary29 September 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management, I have learned a lot about the footwear industry. I considered myself very fortunate to have worked within a great dedicated DM team, great ladies to work with!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nine West. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval