Nine West Employee Reviews

Fun and outgoing work place.
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  British Columbia23 November 2016
A typical day at work would include helping customers find their correct shoe size, suggesting other shoes if the ones they originally wanted do not suffice. Then I would complete the sale by bringing them to the cash register and ringing in the shoe(s). My co-workers are very easy people to work with and we work well as a team. The hardest part about the job is finalizing the sale, because you cant force someone to buy a pair of shoes they don't want. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to socialize and meet new people all day.
Pros
Full 8 hour shifts
Cons
Unpaid breaks
Hard working and productive team members
Sales Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2016
A typical day consisted of coaching the associates, cooperating with the team and having fun meeting and greeting customers to promote sales. I've learned a lot in terms of how to manage the store with the assistance and guidance from the store manager.
Nine West was awful to work for
Sales/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON1 February 2017
Didn't like it at all, i don;t know why i have to write so much about not wanting to work somewhere this is dumb. is this long enough yet... because i just didnt like it.
awesome
sales associate (Brampton) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 October 2016
this company was an amazing experience for me i met great people great management ,and always worked great as a team together . i learned that its ok to make mistakes u learn! with the help of your co workers.
Fun workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 August 2016
Co-workers were very kind and friendly, and would help you in situations needed. The stock room was always a mess and that getting used to it was hard as there was a confusion as to where everything was.
Fun place to work at.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2016
Everyone was extremely nice. Great sense to teamwork and a sense of belonging. A family created environment with a sense of responsibility to do your best.
Pros
Nice lunch room with free coffee.
Cons
None.
Fun workplace implementing a competitive work environment, and a sales-driven attitude.
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2016
Working at Nine West helped me gain a wide variety of skills and helped me uncover many talents I did not know I had. My typical day consisted of opening and/or closing the store, and managing the employees on shift that day. Customers were always welcomed with a warm smile, a promotion and casual conversation while they looked around the store. Help was offered and given to anyone who might need it.

A great part of the job was that I could be myself around customers while still maintaining a professional environment. My bubbly, outgoing personality worked to my advantage in most situations as it made customers feel comfortable and welcome in the store. It was a great feeling being able to fit customers needs and provide them with a product that they loved.

Duties around the store included keeping the displays clean and aesthetically pleasing, making schedules, and ringing customers through. I was also in charge of daily Audits if I opened, and shutting down the store at night.

You can also view my daily tasks on my resume.
Pros
Half hour lunches, competitive selling, commission on top of base pay.
Cons
Poor management at the higher levels, at times during my employment.
Not a very good enivronment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON30 March 2016
Not a great company to work with ....
DM is very oblivious in helping a hand or when it comes to visits within the store very rude and yells at associates in the store with customers present.
Fun and Productive Workplace
Laurier Library Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 April 2016
Great place, co-workers and a fun place to work on weekend. I gained communication and customer service skills. Overall, fun place to work in.
productivity
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton City Centre16 January 2016
1 I love Saturdays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. plus Saturdays our end of the week so that's when we do our papers works and review employee productivities and its so much fun to work with all the numbers and seeing how everyone did it really interests me.
2. I learned a lot, while I was with the company. I learned how to communicate with multiple people and I learned how to build my own clients.
3. managing can be a bit hard at first time. i got used it really fast, its very challenging. however, I learned so many things from it. I enjoyed it.
4. my co-workers are pretty fun to work with. we get a long well. always had good communications one another.
5. the hardest part of the job is when customer start complaining about the store policy or products.
6 I loved everything about the job. customers are very responsive and easy to work with. the staff were well training and it just so easy to be around with people like us.
Pros
flexible hours
Ownership of store management - was responsible for all day-to-day operations
Store Manager & District Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2015
Given a lot of autonomy in the day-to-day operations
Received extensive experience in management training for the entire district
Head office staff was helpful and pleasant
Worked with a great team within the store
Took full ownership of running the boutique
Long hours but always busy
Received valuable experience in event coordination and visual merchandising
Great learning experience and instilled my work ethic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2015
Exciting place to work with knowledgeable support staff. Achieving goals priority with hard work and positive attitude. Worked with vast variety of people from various backgrounds. Learned great deal about business and myself. Formed lasting relationships with many people during my tenure.
Pros
employee perks ( free product, great discount)
Cons
long hours, limited ability for vacation
A very hectic year experience
Regional District Manager Québec, Halifax & Ottawa (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 September 2015
You know when you start your day but don't know when it will end. I have learned a lot about the footwear industry. I had complete trust and leeway to operate my stores from my superior as he never came to my district aside from the annual manager's meeting. I considered myself very fortunate to have worked within a great dedicated DM team, great ladies to work with! Trying to recrute and reduce employee turn-over. Great product and work environment.
Pros
3 weeks vacation at hiring start & Program/Free shoes for Higher Management
Cons
Long hours, have to do stock, sales, and all other tasks in store in order to get things done because of lean payroll
High volume, stressful, long hours, little pay
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta22 September 2015
Nine West is a place for people who love the adrenaline rush and wish to see what their true limits are.Everyday is a quest to make the store budget, give great customer service and beat out any competition. This competition is not only between you and any other shoe store, but also any nine west store in the country and even your own co-workers. If you're great at sales and can do the backroom organization as well, you can get promoted very easily. However there are so many different things to do and always such a great rush to do them.
comfortable and respectful environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherway Gardens, Bloor st w (Toronto ON)18 September 2015
Working at NW was a great learning experience that built my sense of ethics and responsibility. Management is very understanding and flexible, giving growth opportunities, choice of location transfer and freedom of taking on the initiative and responsibilities.
Pros
flexible and friendly managment and staff
Cons
not quiet clientele-based
Customer Service and Sales A winner!
Assisant Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 June 2015
I truly enjoyed the fast pace of teamwork in sales and goals. Each day had a target and we looked for creative ways to meet the days and week's goals! Customers were all greeted pleasantly and always found a way to make a sale!!! As a manger I strived to be sure staff was pleasant and helpful! My success was their success and I never expected anyone to do a job I wouldn't do myself!!! Weekly meetings and numbers became a way of life! Success for us all!
Pros
my incentives for meeting goals were shared with the staff as a reward for hard work- eg- lunches
Great team and dun workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 August 2015
A typical day at work would would start by clocking in on the computer. I would service customers by bringing the right (or closest) size of shoe that they would like to try on. Then I would sell the product to them by telling them my experience with the shoe or my knowledge of the shoe and company. My management was a bit disorganized with the schedule and would change last minute in which my employer would not contact me when changed. other then the disorganization my co-workers were the best. We all had excellent teamwork and ended up making many close friends. The hardest part of the job was when the store got crowded and I had about five different customers ask for service but I enjoyed this part the most because I excel in fast-paced environments and I like to be always moving and doing something with my hands
Pros
good hours, commission
Cons
organization
Fun, dynamic, interactive
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC20 January 2016
Good for a part-time job but no increase in salary. I love the people with whom I work with but I need a challenge, I need to try something new.
Fun workplace and every one works together to create the best customer service.
Part-Time Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 April 2015
As a Part Time Keyholder, I have learned a lot of valuable skills such as interpersonal skills, computer skills, customer service excellence, and communication skills. I am able to work independently, as well as in a group setting. Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook. Transcription experience and my GWAM is 56.
Horrible place to work and management is terrible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga13 October 2015
worst job experience iv ever had. management there is HORRIBLE! and very unorganized. manager is very rude and unsupportive, not to mention has thrown shoes at employees and yelled at customers.