Nine West Employee Reviews

Good work place
Key Holder / Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 September 2017
This particular location is a little slow which results in a lot of free time and not having much to do on a daily basis.
However, it is very customer satisfaction oriented with a very friendly staff!
easy workplace but not good for advancement
o Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON11 August 2017
nine west is a nice place to work while you are in school or trying to save up a few dollars. Communication with head office is not always the best but management do what they can to assess situations.
La responsabiliter et la productiviter
Troisième clé - Conseillère en vente et caissière (Current Employee) –  laval, chomedey7 August 2017
Cet emploi ma aider a être plus responsable et a savoir mieux gérer des situations délicates concernant nos produits envers les clients mécontents. Ce travail ma aussi appris a bien gérer un magasin, par exemple: le budget de la journée qui est a faire pour la semaine, s'occuper des employés et s'occuper du plancher en étant la responsable de la journée. J'aime le fait d'avoir des responsabilité importante, cela me motive a vouloir apprendre de plus en plus.
Pros
Le travail d'equipe et la clientele
Cons
Le salaire
environnement agreable
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 August 2017
bcp bcp de travail dans une journée. on arrête jamais!
ambiance fun mais peu de place pour le repos.
The people made the job worth it
Wholesale Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  150 Duncan Mill Road27 June 2017
Nine West as a company ok, but the staff at the DC from management to cleaning staff they are 1st class. Everyone is helpful, respectful of others, funny. The staff made for a great work environment.
If you want to learn a new skill they are willing to teach.
The hardest part of the job was when there is a rush for things to go out and the time is against you.
Pros
The employees
Its fine
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
It was fun working with nine west. Worked more than a year with them and my first ever job. Good memories! Will surely miss the work place and my co workers.
Productive fast paced job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2017
AmZinf clients amazing staff.great discounts and management was very understanding of our schedule needs and wants. Located in the heart of downtown Montreal.
Enjoyable Work Place
E-Commerce Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Head Office13 April 2017
A typical day at work would consist of answering phone calls and email, providing an e-commerce report to management, and other various stuff regarding the online website.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 April 2017
Nine West is a nice shoe studio. It was fun to work there and had a great time. The managers and the sales associates were all nice to me so I did not feel nervous.
Nine West was awful to work for
Sales/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON1 February 2017
Didn't like it at all, i don;t know why i have to write so much about not wanting to work somewhere this is dumb. is this long enough yet... because i just didnt like it.
welcoming
Part time Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2017
everyone working there are very friendly. management is good. hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with promotions. promotions change too often it is hard to keep up. i learnedhow to do send sales, stockroom shifting, and opening and closing the store.
Fun and outgoing work place.
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  British Columbia23 November 2016
A typical day at work would include helping customers find their correct shoe size, suggesting other shoes if the ones they originally wanted do not suffice. Then I would complete the sale by bringing them to the cash register and ringing in the shoe(s). My co-workers are very easy people to work with and we work well as a team. The hardest part about the job is finalizing the sale, because you cant force someone to buy a pair of shoes they don't want. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to socialize and meet new people all day.
Pros
Full 8 hour shifts
Cons
Unpaid breaks
Hard working and productive team members
Sales Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2016
A typical day consisted of coaching the associates, cooperating with the team and having fun meeting and greeting customers to promote sales. I've learned a lot in terms of how to manage the store with the assistance and guidance from the store manager.
awesome
sales associate (Brampton) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 October 2016
this company was an amazing experience for me i met great people great management ,and always worked great as a team together . i learned that its ok to make mistakes u learn! with the help of your co workers.
Fun workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 August 2016
Co-workers were very kind and friendly, and would help you in situations needed. The stock room was always a mess and that getting used to it was hard as there was a confusion as to where everything was.
Fun workplace implementing a competitive work environment, and a sales-driven attitude.
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2016
Working at Nine West helped me gain a wide variety of skills and helped me uncover many talents I did not know I had. My typical day consisted of opening and/or closing the store, and managing the employees on shift that day. Customers were always welcomed with a warm smile, a promotion and casual conversation while they looked around the store. Help was offered and given to anyone who might need it.

A great part of the job was that I could be myself around customers while still maintaining a professional environment. My bubbly, outgoing personality worked to my advantage in most situations as it made customers feel comfortable and welcome in the store. It was a great feeling being able to fit customers needs and provide them with a product that they loved.

Duties around the store included keeping the displays clean and aesthetically pleasing, making schedules, and ringing customers through. I was also in charge of daily Audits if I opened, and shutting down the store at night.

You can also view my daily tasks on my resume.
Pros
Half hour lunches, competitive selling, commission on top of base pay.
Cons
Poor management at the higher levels, at times during my employment.
Fun place to work at.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2016
Everyone was extremely nice. Great sense to teamwork and a sense of belonging. A family created environment with a sense of responsibility to do your best.
Pros
Nice lunch room with free coffee.
Cons
None.
Fun and Productive Workplace
Laurier Library Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 April 2016
Great place, co-workers and a fun place to work on weekend. I gained communication and customer service skills. Overall, fun place to work in.
Not a very good enivronment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON30 March 2016
Not a great company to work with ....
DM is very oblivious in helping a hand or when it comes to visits within the store very rude and yells at associates in the store with customers present.
Fun, dynamic, interactive
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC20 January 2016
Good for a part-time job but no increase in salary. I love the people with whom I work with but I need a challenge, I need to try something new.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nine West. Our community is ready to answer.