We offer the opportunity to work in a luxurious environment with competitive compensation and benefits including excellent discounts on our merchandise.
You will ensure that we have an exciting assortment of products available for our loyal customers. Being a business and fashion enthusiast you will use your buying expertise in a fast paced environment. This challenging role requires a highly motivated individual with strong communication and organization skills.
Location is at our Sherson Group, Head Office in Toronto reporting to the General Merchandise Manager.
Effectively manage, grow, and increase profitability of identified areas by:
- Purchasing buys on a daily, weekly & monthly basis
- Analyzing weekly sell through and reacting accordingly to replenish top sellers
- Building and maximizing assortments, inventory management, replenishment, and within merchandise strategy and plans (dollars, units, skus)
- Effectively communicate with US Design Team
- Updating seasonal budgets and adapting buying strategies to maximize growth
- Attending US buying markets
- Researching market trends
- Regularly visiting our stores
- Assisting and supporting GMM in high level strategy development, planning, sales results summaries, analysis, and miscellaneous assignments
- Provide temporary coverage of GMM responsibilities during GMM absence (vacation etc.)
The ideal candidate demonstrates:
o Proven ability in handling the pressure of tight deadlines and multiple demands
o Solid organizational, analytical, time-management and multi-tasking skills in an entrepreneurial environment
o Excellent communication skills especially rapport building
o Extreme detail orientation and conscientiousness
o Adaptability – It’s a constantly changing environment needing flexibility and commitment
o Minimum 4-5 years buying experience, preferably in footwear
o Sound knowledge of purchasing principles and practices / Retail Math
o Undergrad degree, Business or Retail Management preferred
o Advanced computer skills
o Business acumen
o Travel is required – a valid passport is essential
Please apply online at www.sherson.com/employment
Nine West Group, Inc. designs, develops and markets women's footwear and accessories. The Company markets casual, career and dress footwear...