Responsible to manage all activities associated with logistical and operational flow of product from manufacturer to end user. This includes strategic Supply Chain management, P&L responsibility and directing Distribution Centre operations; ensuring customer satisfaction, compliance, employee relations and safety.
- Responsible for managing the Logistics team, including the Distribution Centre (DC) operations, ensuring the smooth execution of inbound receiving, cased goods, picking and packing productivity, and outbound shipments while effectively utilizing warehousing space for inbound and outbound materials and maintaining organized, safe and sanitary conditions
- Drive the Supply Chain Process by monitoring the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods, including operational procedures for all related activities and negotiations with transportation suppliers
- Lead the development and implementation of Logistics objectives and strategies and develop direct departmental cost reduction/improvement programs to meet or beat annual results and development of productivity improvement targets
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators and ensuring full compliance within applicable Federal, Provincial, Corporate standards.
- Provides leadership, direction, and guidance to the Logistics Team, ensuring customer requirements and operating standards and procedures are continuously met. Train, motivate develop, counsel, recognize and reward Logistics team members to promote a positive and consistently high performing work environment.
- Provide strategic and operations management by participating as a contributing member of the Business Management Group, developing long range Logistics business strategic plans, as well as annual individual and group objectives. Regularly review standard operating procedures, development of key performance indicators and ensuring preventive and corrective action processes.
- Accountable for annual departmental Capital and Operating budgets as well as objectives and lead and/or participate in related project teams; monitors spending for adherence to budget and recommend variances as necessary
- Other general duties include management and maintenance of DC vehicles (trucks, tow motors, forklifts etc.), oversee the Sample Department and set schedules with other functional departments for special products, events, store openings & annual inventory count
- Post-Secondary Education (college or university) in a related discipline, i.e. Distribution, Logistics or Operations management or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years proven management and logistics experience in a retailer/wholesaler Distribution Centre environment operation
- Must be customer focused
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office
- A high degree of initiative and the ability to build a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of total warehousing and transportation
Please apply online at www.sherson.com/employment
Indeed - 8 months ago
Nine West Group, Inc. designs, develops and markets women's footwear and accessories. The Company markets casual, career and dress footwear...