Working as part of a field crew, you will be responsible for the installation of geomembrane liners and related geotechnical products as required by our clients. This position provides you with an excellent opportunity to build a career in the geosynthetics industry. Most of our projects are based in Western Canada and will require candidates to be away from home for extended periods of time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of liners and related geotechnical products as required by our clients.
- Adherence to Nilex’s safety program which includes pre-access and post incident alcohol and drug testing.
- Communicating with your supervisor and co-workers relating to procedures, and problems/concerns with equipment or site conditions.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with hand tools, equipment and machinery; previous construction experience would be a definite asset
- Attention to detail and pride in quality workmanship.
- Ability to travel to remote locations and to be away from home for extended periods of time.
- Valid driver’s license would be an asset (abstract may be requested)
- Physical stamina, overall good health and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Basic computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office, internet and email.
- Construction field certificates including but not limited to H2S alive and CSTS.
Nilex offers a competitive hourly rate (dependent upon experience) and a comprehensive benefit package. We foster a healthy and safe work environment. Consistent with sound construction practices, Nilex is committed to providing the highest standards of safety performance.
Nilex encourages employees to build on their strengths, challenge boundaries and simply to have fun. Unearth your best – become a Nilexian.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Nilex, however,
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.