NIKE Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun Workplace, with lots of after work hour games.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2016
During a typical day at work I had to interact with many new customers. This was an amazing experience because every day it was someone new with new preferences and I had to adapt to the new persons likes and dislikes and work with them to make sure they were satisfied with our care. My co-workers were all extremely kind and all had similar likes. The hardest part of the job was dealing with an unkind furious customer, but the best thing to do during that time was to stay calm. Staying calm is extremely important and I learned this after my second day at work when an angry customer had came to return his worn shoes. The most enjoyable part of this job was the daily interaction I had with new people since I love talking and meeting new faces.
Pros
Fun, time went by fast. Kind co-workers.
Cons
Lots of running around
Nike- Great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2015
The best job. I went to Nike not knowing what goes into the making of their footwear and after 5years, I have come to understand why people go crazy for Nike footwear.LOVE the team. Working with young people was a blast, their knowledge,passion was a blast.
I had the great job of hiring and then watching some of grow into wonderful people.
Pros
free- footwear
Cons
The time there to short
Large competitive environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 12, 2016
I've learned a tremendous amount about Project Management since coming on board at Nike. Most of the knowledge gained has been from fellow co-workers, who are encouraging and supportive. Teamwork is highly recommended.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor management, no advancement opportunities
Great company to work for!
Sales Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2016
Everything about this company was great! Everyone was friendly and it made going to work everyday and exciting experience. No problems ever.
Pros
Family enviroment, fun fast paced learning atmosphere.
Cons
NONE!
Fast-paced retail environment with a highly innovative company.
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara on the Lake, OntarioOctober 18, 2015
- 8.5 hour work days as a member of that retail management team.
- Learn important sales tactics, and the importance of metrics and analytics to succeed in the business setting
- Great people and great culture in a company with an extensive history and heritage.
- Ability to play a role in the hiring process and development of staff and future management.
- High volume and fast paced environment allows for experience in the more challenging situations in management.
Pros
40 hour work weeks, exceptional benefits package.
Cons
Growth outside of retail limited in Canada.
Productive and fun Workplace
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 9, 2016
The NIKE factory provided me with a great work experience. My co-workers and supervisors were nice people to be around. The work was not hard but everyone was very productive.
Light hearted atmosphere with contingent on forward moving goals.
Sales Athlete (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONOctober 13, 2015
A typical work day at Nike would involve pre-work meetings. These meetings would include teaching tools, coaching, and objective oriented goals. Managements job was to ensure that productivity was high and efficient.
Pros
co-workers you are able to relate with, food treats
Cons
unorganized management, no room for growth
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 20, 2016
I enjoyed working there because it was a very accepting environment and it was a great learning experience for me. It taught me how to work in a professional setting with other employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate and Order Picker (RF Scanner) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 7, 2016
As a forklift operator I was able to use my skills and learn more experiences. People works as a team. A fun workplace to be.
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mansons Landing, BCApril 2, 2016
it was my first job and i was described as best employee by my employer and best customer service provided. it was fun working there. i do cash there as well.
Really fun
Nike athlete (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
you get to meet a lot of people and interact with all sorts of athletes and help them find what meets their needs such as finding pants that help enhance a runners run, or shoes for basketball etc
Fun environment
Order picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 21, 2016
It was a great company but the problem is that they won't hire full time and only do contracts which is inconvenient with anyone that has to run a family.
very productive and fun
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2016
it is a great working environment that pushed me to become better at customer relations due to the high volume of consumers.
good environment
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
its a good place to work at, a lot of good people and good management. the place provides good environment for people to work safely.
good place to work for temporary work placement.
TEMP WORKER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2015
a casual workplace with pretty good worker to worker relationship. mostly tight schedules but not excessively stressful. employer worker relationship is very good.
Cons
not possible toenhance carrier
Great company
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Love working for Nike, great company all around with a good work environment and even better co workers. Really have enjoyed my time here
fun workplace with table tennis
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONSeptember 21, 2015
good company to work for. Its just not stable enough for a full time job. sometimes we only have 2 days of work in a week. The pay is great but most people need stable jobs. Co workers are great. Jobs are basically easy. and the company provide free coffee and tea.
Not a Good Place to work at all
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Horrible Place to work
Long Hours with little Pay, little no no room for growth within the company
Slim chance of getting hired on full time with Nike
Management was strict had to be on- time or deduction of pay
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Long Hours, Minnium Wage
no job security
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 17, 2015
not a bad place to work. the employees a friendly and great to work with, the only problem is that they very rarely hire full time employees and there is no job security.
Productive and fun workplace
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
A typical day at Nike was always interesting and never a day the same as the day before. You learn a lot about the Nike brand and technology used in making and designing the shoes and apparel. A very interesting workplace with a lot to learn in. The management at times wasn't the best but that's to be expected from time to time. Everyone I worked with were decent people with their own set of goals and reasons for working there. I enjoyed most of the co-workers but as in most places you have those that would rather goof off or just simply not work. That made some days much longer then others as well as a bit stressful for those who did work. The hardest part of any job is connecting with the co-workers so that the effort is a team effort. In retail there are some who enjoy their work and some who don't which leads to a dysfunctional team and most times this is the case in retail. I so enjoyed learning the different shoes, apparel, and equipment. I enjoyed the team of co-workers I had the pleasure of working with and most of the management team. It is overall a good place to work especially if your athletically inclined.
Pros
You learn a lot about shoes and apparel
Cons
Customers were bad everyday wasn't fun

4.2