NIKE Employee Reviews

Educational and Athletically enticing
Athlete, (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON24 April 2017
Four different shifts in a day so depends on what your shifted for, Learned the value of Nike as a brand and company. Management was cool at time but when it came to hitting monthly marks became not people friendly. Was always like a competition so that could be a good or bad thing depending owns asking. The hardest part of the day was night shifts to clean up after the store had been destroyed on weekends because of weekend sales. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customers happy with your knowledge of the brand and shoe technology.
Pros
Shoe Knowledge
Cons
Hectic work environment
Was fun but then stupid rules suddenly came into effect.
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2017
Very poor management. Even POORER salary. You are seriously working in a sweat shop. Ever since the newer managers, everything went downhill. It used to be a great place to work.
Pros
Awesome discount & sometimes attractive shoppers came in
Cons
Garbage pay, miscommunication, no benefits, and no recognition for your hard work
Nike Outlet store
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2017
Nike is a good place to work if you're active in your everyday lifestyle for the discount on clothes, you can advance easily if you just do your job and not stand around talking, not good money, but willing to provide hours if you just keep on them.
Great Working Environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 April 2017
The Nike Burloak store is a great place to work. The environment that is created by the people that work there is second to none. The store has developed into a must shop experience for customers.
What an Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 April 2017
The workplace had amazing culture coworkers always had a positive attitude and impact towards one another and customers. I learned how to work in a orderly fashion but still in a timely manner. The mangers were friendly and understandable.
Great company in fast industry
Catalyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 April 2017
Things move fast and if you are willing to relocate anywhere there are great opportunities. You will be worked hard for your salary and often reminded that the line is long outside to fill vacant roles. Pay is fair but typically lower than other sectors.
Productive work experince
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 April 2017
A typical work day at Nike would consist of working with different types of products such as shoes/clothing/running watches, dealing with customers trying to give them the best experience so they can better them self whether it be for working out or trainig
Most enjoyable part of the job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 March 2017
The best is when you are able to provide the customer the best customer service. When they leave happy with the product they purchased. Then I know I have done my job and makes me happy.
Great corporate culture, not so great management
PART-TIME ATHLETE (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON13 March 2017
While working in retail at Nike, they really trained us thoroughly on what we were selling and the ins and outs of the workplace, making sure I felt confident selling the product and really believed in their mission. At first, the environment was so fun and the product is truly wonderful and practically sells itself. Coming to work truly felt like being part of a family, and we all worked so well as a team. Then, as time went on, the managers got really lazy and began to display favoritism. They hired way too many employees and hours became sparse, especially for those who were not very senior. This has continued to become worse, and employee turnover rate has skyrocketed. For example, I have worked there for more than a year, and the head manager couldn't even remember who I was. I'm not sure what happened, but that wonderful workplace turned really negative really quickly. Overall still absolutely love the company and what it stands for and hope to return higher up in the rank one day, but my days working in retail at Nike are definitely over.
Pros
Amazing product, good discount, some leniency in scheduling, comfy uniform
Cons
Favoritism, sometimes sparse hours, negative environment
Head Office is intreresting to work for
ACCOUNT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2017
I mean its Nike so the perks are great. If this is somewhere you want to build your life than Nike isnt for you. They dont stand by grow and development. There is NO diversity in management, Customer Service is the heart of the company but Sales is treated like the God leaving Customer Service who makes it happen behind
Pros
Summer Hours every other week, Nike shoes of course, Free giveaways
Cons
No Growth, America and Canada dont work together
Overall work experiencec
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON28 February 2017
Working with Nike has been a great overall experience. Nike was my first job and I have worked with the company for 4 years and I've learned and grew a lot with the company.
Pros
flexible with work hours
Cons
scheduling
Nike stressful but fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON24 February 2017
If you are planning to work for Nike, prepare to work. It is a competitive job that rewards success over all else. The level of training is the most difficult and repetitive of any retail job. You will go over what to do with a customer thousands of time. What's important is that it is professional. A $40 billion dollar company won't accept mediocracy.
Pros
Great benefits, fun enivorment, professional training
Cons
Long hours, repeative training, difficulty with managment
Fun work experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON23 February 2017
I honestly had a blast working here, I learned many skills and loved going into work. I wish there was more opportunity to move up in the company, the hardest part would probably be learning how to deal with costumers. Overall, its a fun experience and I have made many memories.
Pros
store vs. store tournaments, draws for shoes, discounts
Cons
some drama with staff
Awesome place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  NIAGAR FALLS4 February 2017
Nike was an energetic, friendly environment to be a part of. Unfortunately, the opportunity for full-time hours wasn't available. Awesome staff discounts, amazing co-workers and management. It was also very close to my home. I could walk to and from work in less than 10 min.
Pros
Awesome staff discounts, new (free) uniforms every month.
Cons
No opportunity for full time.
good workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 February 2017
a typical day at work was tiring
if it was hot out it was very hot in side and if it was cold out if would be very cold
management was cool
The Best Company In The World
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cookstown, ON27 January 2017
This is an absolutely amazing work environment, fun, upbeat with managers who truly take the time to train you properly and invest in improving your skills. They also offer many helpful tips and you can tell that they genuinely care about your well being. the products are of the best quality and it is a very team oriented environment. You are always offered advice and opportunities to help you better yourself. Their customer service training and tips are one of a kind. This is one of the best jobs I have ever had if you can get a job here you are very lucky, it will be a great experience.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Awesome Management, Great Training Procedures and Policies
not fun at all
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 January 2017
no need the worst
no needed to add comments
people will see for themselves how the management team is so careless
workplace has no culture due to illness for them means you need to be sick and die most probably in front of them.
Fun workplace
Apparel Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
Meeting new people and getting to know the person
Managers are fun to work with
Hardest part of the job is when it gets busy and you have to help mutiple contumers
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours given
Awesome comapny
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 January 2017
This was supposed to be my career, but an accident made it impossible for me to do the physical part of my job.

I started as just a picker, but worked hard to get noticed. I did and got to move into Inventory Control. We were referred to as "The Nike Police" we found out where missing product was.

I learned that hard work pays off, great management team. Started at 5 am but it was great in the summer.

I also learned to be diligent and precise with my counts or they would have to be done again.

Hardest part was not getting my contract renewed due to my knee surgery. Best part was just showing up to work
Pros
Great atmosphere, benefits
Cons
Early start
Fun environment, great co-workers, great pay.
Loop Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
Working here can be fast-paced, but it's worth it just for the environment. I've learned to be more sociable, as well as how to work more efficiently. Management is great and accommodating. Co-workers are fun-loving and enjoy the job just as much as I do.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NIKE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2