NIKE Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast-paced retail environment with a highly innovative company.
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara on the Lake, OntarioOctober 18, 2015
- 8.5 hour work days as a member of that retail management team.
- Learn important sales tactics, and the importance of metrics and analytics to succeed in the business setting
- Great people and great culture in a company with an extensive history and heritage.
- Ability to play a role in the hiring process and development of staff and future management.
- High volume and fast paced environment allows for experience in the more challenging situations in management.
Pros
40 hour work weeks, exceptional benefits package.
Cons
Growth outside of retail limited in Canada.
Productive and fun workplace
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
A typical day at Nike was always interesting and never a day the same as the day before. You learn a lot about the Nike brand and technology used in making and designing the shoes and apparel. A very interesting workplace with a lot to learn in. The management at times wasn't the best but that's to be expected from time to time. Everyone I worked with were decent people with their own set of goals and reasons for working there. I enjoyed most of the co-workers but as in most places you have those that would rather goof off or just simply not work. That made some days much longer then others as well as a bit stressful for those who did work. The hardest part of any job is connecting with the co-workers so that the effort is a team effort. In retail there are some who enjoy their work and some who don't which leads to a dysfunctional team and most times this is the case in retail. I so enjoyed learning the different shoes, apparel, and equipment. I enjoyed the team of co-workers I had the pleasure of working with and most of the management team. It is overall a good place to work especially if your athletically inclined.
Pros
You learn a lot about shoes and apparel
Cons
Customers were bad everyday wasn't fun
Large competitive environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 12, 2016
I've learned a tremendous amount about Project Management since coming on board at Nike. Most of the knowledge gained has been from fellow co-workers, who are encouraging and supportive. Teamwork is highly recommended.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor management, no advancement opportunities
Fun Workplace, with lots of after work hour games.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2016
During a typical day at work I had to interact with many new customers. This was an amazing experience because every day it was someone new with new preferences and I had to adapt to the new persons likes and dislikes and work with them to make sure they were satisfied with our care. My co-workers were all extremely kind and all had similar likes. The hardest part of the job was dealing with an unkind furious customer, but the best thing to do during that time was to stay calm. Staying calm is extremely important and I learned this after my second day at work when an angry customer had came to return his worn shoes. The most enjoyable part of this job was the daily interaction I had with new people since I love talking and meeting new faces.
Pros
Fun, time went by fast. Kind co-workers.
Cons
Lots of running around
Not a Good Place to work at all
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Horrible Place to work
Long Hours with little Pay, little no no room for growth within the company
Slim chance of getting hired on full time with Nike
Management was strict had to be on- time or deduction of pay
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Long Hours, Minnium Wage
great place bad management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONJune 10, 2016
nike is a great company with so much to offer and knowlegde to learn about retail, sports, social environments, up beat work environment and nike clothing and shoe advancements
but management sucks
Pros
lots of free gear
Cons
managnement
good and nice environment
General Labour (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 1, 2016
Work is good,Management also cooperative and nice.coworkers also nice and supportive .The hardest part of the job is when company is slow down,and same way when Nike is busy we enjoying a lot with our work.
Work day
temp work (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 8, 2016
• Consistently maintained a positive attitude and enjoyed helping people
• Cooperatively worked with others to produce and delivered required work
• Communicated verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provided information
• Strong skills in time management, prioritizing tasks, and meeting deadlines
fun place to work at
retail sales (Current Employee) –  richmondJuly 13, 2015
great atmosphere and management, great people great training, good pay with lots of benefits, good time and break management, must stand the whole day
Productive fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cookstown, ONJune 28, 2016
Assist customers
Answer customers questions
Restock
Make sure store is clean
Cash customers out
Assist with closing store
Pros
Discount on Nike products
Great Atmosphere for retail
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJune 10, 2016
The management was great. Often had team meetings to discuss deadlines or goals. Very clean and organized, which made it a great place to work.
Pros
Prizes for employee of the month
Great company to work for!
Sales Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2016
Everything about this company was great! Everyone was friendly and it made going to work everyday and exciting experience. No problems ever.
Pros
Family enviroment, fun fast paced learning atmosphere.
Cons
NONE!
Fun Nike team
SALES ASSOCIATE/MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2015
Employees working at Nike are great and amazing to work with. However, pay is very low and is meant more for employees as a part time job. Managers are pretty easy going and trust their employees with sales. The most enjoyable part of the day is when your working with your friends/co-workers.
Pros
Team is very friendly and energetic
Cons
Salary/ Pay
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate and Order Picker (RF Scanner) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 7, 2016
As a forklift operator I was able to use my skills and learn more experiences. People works as a team. A fun workplace to be.
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mansons Landing, BCApril 2, 2016
it was my first job and i was described as best employee by my employer and best customer service provided. it was fun working there. i do cash there as well.
good environment
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
its a good place to work at, a lot of good people and good management. the place provides good environment for people to work safely.
interactive workplace with many active customers alike
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONAugust 3, 2015
a typical day at work involves arriving to being informed of the days sales goal and up to date sales performance reviews. upon hitting the sales floor we interact with the customers to grant them the best possible shopping experience. Over my time spent there I have learned many personalized approaches to suiting the customers needs with the appropriate product along with a vast knowledge of all ours products. The best and hardest part of the job is accommodating all of the customers from wide varieties of backgrounds with an outstanding personalized quality of service that has the customer leaving satisfied.
Pros
free product, discounted product, working with products im passionate about, interacting with people of many different cultures, and working alongside positive employees alike
Cons
little hours, too many employees, low quality of management to employee relations
Productive and fun Workplace
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 9, 2016
The NIKE factory provided me with a great work experience. My co-workers and supervisors were nice people to be around. The work was not hard but everyone was very productive.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 20, 2016
I enjoyed working there because it was a very accepting environment and it was a great learning experience for me. It taught me how to work in a professional setting with other employees.
very productive and fun
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2016
it is a great working environment that pushed me to become better at customer relations due to the high volume of consumers.

4.2