NIKE

NIKE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Numbers crazy workplace
Lift Temp - Driver (Current Employee), brimely and eglingtonAugust 24, 2014
Pros: discount at the nike store
Cons: get sent home some days when the work is finished
no messing around, if your an order picker, you have to hit a hourly or daily target otherwise your gone....fulltime employees look down on temp drivers...

they push you to pick fast and when the work gets done, they send you home...
Learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 24, 2014
Cons: low wages
A typical day at work consists of folding clothes, placing them on counter tops, greeting customers and assisting them with footwear/apparel.

From my time with the company I learned a few things. I learned how to interact with people face to face, how to be efficient and (be productive) stay busy.

Store manager was awesome. Very friendly, lenient – more... and hard working. As one would assume about the manager of a sports/exercise store, my manager enjoyed talking sports when there was down time or slow days. Also explained what needed to be done on a daily basis and provided contests/incentives if we sold x amount of x product at the end of the month.

The hardest part of my job at Nike was dealing with the low hourly wage. At the time it was a job I took when I was younger so I had very little expenses, but as time progressed I found I could not make a living here.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was constantly learning about the newest shoe technologies and how they improved performance in athletics. – less
Just plain awesome
Salesperson (Current Employee), Niagara-On-The-LakeJuly 4, 2014
I do not want to write a lot, but to quickly sum up what it is to work for Nike, I would have to say that the job is a lot of fun because it is a safe place to workplace and the managers treat you with respect. As for the actual work, I like helping people and finding them the product that will help them either excel at training or their sport or even – more... just day to day life makes me feel good. – less
Productive and interesting place to work with
Team Lead (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORFebruary 2, 2014
The best company to work in and I work here as Contractor from Infosys Limited
well controlled
Sales Associate (Former Employee), MetrotownJanuary 28, 2014
organized work environment
great co-workers
customers were a very good plus, engaging with people
was the best part of my day.
creating professional relationships with customers.
Awesome sports and retail environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 11, 2014
Pro's:
- If you're young and play sports, you'll fit right in with staff
- Discounts on Nike products
- Good flexibility
- Good communication with Management team

Con's:
- Minimum pay
- Fluctuation of hours per week depending on business
Excellent Organization for someone who is crazy about sports
Marketing Leader (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: perks, sport culture
Cons: long hours, demanding schedules
Great structure and team. Salary is not high but has a lot of perks. High demand for late hours and meeting timelines. Amazing experience and resume builder.
Friendly atmosphere
Order Picker and Processor (Current Employee), Brimely/st clairApril 11, 2013
Good to work with them. Learn a lot. All supervisor and other employee always there to help us , We all work as a team of nike.Celebrating all festival and function together.
Productive workplace with ability to avdvance people skills
Salesperson (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 30, 2012
Pros: advancing people skills
Cons: summer job
A typical day at work would be running back and forth to make sure coustomers where well taken care of.
Learned how to deal with people on a person to person basis
Memorable
Sales Associate, and cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2012
Pros: all around good job
Cons: commision pay
good hours
good pay
crew members were memorable and fun to work with
Great environment for kids wanting to become better athletes and students.
Head Basketball Coach (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: being a great role model to the kids and teaching them on and off the court.
Cons: no healthcare not provided with equipment when requested.
My review of nike is fair, All though its a great company to be a part of, but I feel if you are not an athlete or big name of some sort you can't really ask for the necessities needed to accomplish the task at hand.
Productive place
DATA ENTRY AND CLERICAL (Former Employee), Customer ServiceSeptember 18, 2014
Learned to file and use cash register. Print receipts and answer phone calls. Tend to customers needs. Learned customer service.
Nike is great, but people work for people
Assistant head coach (Former Employee), MidwestSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: energy, size of staffs, hours given, discounts, allotment
Cons: long hours, bad hiring decisions, growth within company, looks past tenure over bad decision making, that in the end can hurt many others or affect business needs.
Great company, background and culture. High energy, fun processes! Product is amazing, discounts are great. Sadly, just a few wrong people in higher end positions can ruin a good thing, especially if intimidated or threatened when someone else can come in and lead change. Nike retail world respects tenure over talent, and can really dampen morale when – more... they allow poor decisions to take over. – less
Very Busy But Fun Workplace
Cashier/Customer Interaction/Sales Floor Rep (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free shoes and clothes, fun enviroment.
Cons: managers
An overall day at Nike would be very busy but very fun at the same time. Your day would start off with a morning, afternoon, or night cheer depending on your shift. The cheer gives you the motivation to work, goals for the day, and extra skills on how to perform your job better. I quickly learned that management was skilled in everything they did but – more... not really attentive of their surroundings like they should've been. My co-workers were awesome, they created the perfect team to get every job done. The hardest part of the job was getting recognized for the hard work you did being that the managers weren't as attentive as they should be. The entire job was enjoyable. The break room was large with flat screen tvs and game systems as well at mac computers, 2 refrigerators, and vending machines. The cheers and shout outs over the intercom made working their exciting. The labor was very interesting, so overall the whole job was enjoyable. – less
Meet a variety of great people, but management has had a downfall.
Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: discount, meet some great coworkers, fun environment, meet people from all around the world
Cons: management
This review is based on working on the 3rd floor (women's/kids).

The 3rd floor is very hectic and very busy (any other floor may be more enjoyable). Depending on the day, it can be smooth, but if it is a busy day, the work can be unbearable. Often times you may be alone in a section and have to take on fitting rooms, helping customers, folding stacks, – more... putting out clothes, etc. The management has changed drastically over time and unfortunately has become weak due to lack of communication between managers. There are many who are scheduled outside of their availability and this is a very common issue. There have been many situations in which employees get fired for unreasonable things. Managers have their obvious favorites even if they state that there is no favoritism. Only certain people get a chance to advance in positions.

It's not all bad. You meet a lot of great coworkers who will help you get through the day. There are a few managers scattered around the store who are actually good at what they do and do have your best interest in mind (just ask the veterans, they'll tell you who). The discount is great. You get staff dress (uniform), it's not technically free, but pretty cheap. You meet many different people from around the world who are shopping around (of course you will get your few rude customers every once in a blue).

General advice:

-Do your job, maintain and help the customer.
-Don't easily trust just anyone (it's like a high school in there).
-Yes, some managers are cool, but some do not have your best interest in mind (coworkers have caught managers openly complaining to each other about their employees AKA they gossip).
-Keep your personal business just that...personal. (news travels like a plague in that store).
-Build relationships with customers, it'll make their experience great, but more importantly, it'll help you get through the day to meet nice people.
-Have as much fun as you can, while still working! – less
Picker/Packer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2014
Its okay for what it is great for teenagers getting out of high school.
It gets some of your bills payed.
productive and busy work place focused on Sports
Footwear/Equipment Lead (Current Employee), Centralia, WASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, considerable employee discount, great product
Cons: work life balance, hard to advance
My manager is great about insuring things get done in a timely manner, not so much about advancing her team. You need to take the oppurtunity to teach yourself how to do most of your job.

The co-workers and employees are great and just want more leadership and trust to have more responsilbility in the store.
Good place to work as a full time or as an independent contract
Test Automation Team Lead (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: friendly environment to work
I was not a full time with Nike. I was from some service base company and working for Client Nike but because of technical expertise and being a good team player I got chance to lead a team at Nike. Love to work at Nike being a full timer.
productive place
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee), NY citySeptember 11, 2014
Pros: vacation
Cons: short breaks
I love working here they really care about their employees. I learn differnet techniologies in differnet items and I share with the consumers how they can use them to their benefit
challenging and good for product knowledge
Female Athlete/Sales Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTSeptember 11, 2014
A great global company to work for, challenging at times. Product knowledge grew greatly when working for them and interaction with customers was key.

confidence grew in the store although it was a challenge for me with specific fellow colleagues at times. However this is very typical of a retail environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About NIKE

NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory – Read more