Nicola Wealth Management is a Vancouver-based financial planning and investment management firm serving the needs of high net worth incorporated professionals and business owners. We have a passion for providing clients with sophisticated planning and portfolio management expertise, along with outstanding client service. We strive to continue being among the top performing wealth advisors and money managers in the country – and we know our people help us deliver on that objective. NWM is a growing firm with a bright future, and we look forward to working with individuals who share our passion.
At Nicola Wealth Management, we believe our most valuable asset is our people and demonstrate that in the finer details, our interactions and shared success. Our people make this an exciting and rewarding place to work bringing energy, experience and expertise. We welcome you to explore new possibilities and provide opportunities to develop. Our uniqueness fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and collegial atmosphere that attracts outstanding people.
Working at NWM:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Close to transit, bike-commuter facilities, centrally located to shopping and restaurants
- Support wellness by providing healthy snacks
- Team building events
- Flexible, respectful and thoughtful environment
Team and Position Overview:
We are seeking an individual with strong communication skills who will be responsible for providing high quality technical support to staff for all their technology needs. You have an overall business sense and apply a broader perspective to your work and are good at balancing conflicting demands. You are a problem solver with a can-do attitude, driven to find simple solutions to complex problems and are flexible and adaptive to continual change
With a strong customer-focus, you have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including department leads and end users. You have proven ability to self-manage pressure, multi-task and work to deadlines in a fast-moving team-based environment.
In our collegial, supportive and collaborative workplace, you’ll be surrounded by some amazingly talented people and what you say will genuinely count. Our team of 14 includes 3 in IT Operations and 11 in Enterprise Solutions. We provide you with great tools, opportunities for learning and development, and you’ll be involved in interesting projects. You’ve got an amazing foundation for success.
- *Act as main resource for all client side related hardware and software installation, configuration, upgrades, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Perform daily support, monitoring and administration tasks for the corporate Windows based client devices.
- Build and setup desktops, laptops, and peripherals for local and remote locations.
- Provide professional support to all users (including remote/mobile users) for all IT related technical issues including hardware, desktop software, business applications, printers, smart phones, etc.
- Perform routine upgrades and preventative maintenance for various hardware.
- Work with the senior operations team members to pro-actively maintain and develop the production and test environments, develop new processes and procedures and improve the existing ones in order to increase the general efficiency
- Stay abreast of technological advancements and trends.
- Provide after-hours support
- Stay abreast of industry trends
Qualifications and Experience:
- College diploma in Information Systems or equivalent experience and or education
- Minimum 2 years IT helpdesk related experience (preferable in medium to large sized environments)
- Superior troubleshooting skills in Windows 7/8 desktop environments
- Proficient in MS Office 2010/2013
- Familiar with ticketing systems like JIRA, SysAid and/or Remedy
- Able to provide basic desktop and web application troubleshooting (IIS, ASP.NET) relating to OS environment and network issues
- Understanding of network protocols used in LAN and WAN environments including remote connectivity.
- Outstanding English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer
- Essential to be fluent in English both written and spoken
- Analytical, organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in an entrepreneurial environment
- Able to provide solutions in a dynamic, considerate and professional environment
- Ability to create and maintain constructive relationships with department leads and end users
- Performance and service oriented
Interacts effectively with all Teams and/or Clients
Join Our Team:
If you are a highly self-motivated and driven individual looking to join a firm that has a solid strong track record for growth and stability, you are coming to the right place. Our team is a dynamic group of professionals that has a passion for learning and delivering high quality results that provide long term value to the business.
Include your cover letter and resume in your application with “Technical Support Specialist " in the subject line of your email
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
More information about this and other roles at www.nicolawealth.com