Job Profile: Systems Administrator
Nicola Wealth Management is a Vancouver-based financial planning and investment management firm serving the needs of high net worth incorporated professionals and business owners. We have a passion for providing clients with sophisticated planning and portfolio management expertise, along with outstanding client service. We strive to continue being among the top performing wealth advisors and money managers in the country – and we know our people help us deliver on that objective. NWM is a growing firm with a bright future, and we look forward to working with individuals who share our passion.
At Nicola Wealth Management, we believe our most valuable asset is our people and demonstrate that in the finer details, our interactions and shared success. Our people make this an exciting and rewarding place to work bringing energy, experience and expertise. We welcome you to explore new possibilities and provide opportunities to develop. Our uniqueness fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and collegial atmosphere that attracts outstanding people.
Working at NWM:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Competitive Benefit plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in the company profit sharing program after 6 months
- Group RRSP contributions after 1 year
- Close to transit, bike-commuter facilities, centrally located to shopping and restaurants
- Support wellness by providing healthy snacks
- Support personal development with Tuition reimbursement and study days for approved programs
- Volunteer day to give back to our community
- Personal leave days
- Team building events
- Flexible, respectful and thoughtful environment
Team and Position Overview:
We are seeking an intermediate level Systems Administrator who will be responsible for providing high quality technical support to staff for all their technology needs and maintain server infrastructure and underlying core services. You have an overall business sense and apply a broader perspective to your work. Good at balancing conflicting demands. You are a problem solver with a can-do attitude, driven to find simple solutions to complex problems and are flexible and adaptive to continual change
With a strong customer-focus, you have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including department leads and end users. You have proven ability to self-manage pressure, multi-task and work to deadlines in a fast-moving team-based environment.
If you are a highly self-motivated and driven individual looking to join a firm that has a solid strong track record for growth and stability, you are coming to the right place. Our team of 16 (3 in IT Ops and 13 in Enterprise Solutions) is a dynamic group of professionals that has a passion for learning and delivering high quality results that provide long term value to the business.
- Administration of physical and virtual servers including preventative maintenance, patch management and system upgrades.
- Management and maintenance of messaging servers (Exchange and SPAM server).
- Manage and maintain data backup/archiving infrastructure and ensure proper data management techniques are being performed.
- Perform daily support, monitoring and administration tasks for the corporate Windows based client devices.
- Build and setup desktops, laptops, and peripherals for local and remote locations.
- Provide professional support to all users (including remote/mobile users) for all IT related technical issues including hardware, desktop software, business applications, printers, smart phones, etc.
- Perform routine upgrades and preventative maintenance for various hardware
- Stay abreast of technological advancements and trends.
- Stay abreast of industry trends
Qualifications and Experience:
- You have a degree of diploma in Information Systems and a minimum of 5 years’ experience as Systems Administrator/IT Helpdesk.
- Experience in a medium to large sized environment is an asset
- Superior troubleshooting skills in Windows XP/7, Windows 2003/2008 R2 server and VSphere 5 environments that spans server/network hardware, IP networking and applications.
- Exchange Server 2010, Spam filtering, Symantec Backup Exec administration and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of IP networking and the OSI model, including application layer protocols such as CIFS, DHCP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, SMTP and SSH.
- Experience maintaining fiber channel and iSCSI SANs
- Lync 2010/2013 administration and maintenance
- Knowledge of basic switching, routing, wireless and VPN technologies
- Proficient in MS Office 2007/2010.
- Familiar with ticketing systems like JIRA, SysAid and/or Remedy.
- Able to provide basic desktop and web application troubleshooting (IIS, ASP.NET) relating to OS environment and network issues.
- Microsoft SQL database administration and maintenance.
- Familiar with Cloud infrastructure and technologies
- Performing testing and validation on new hardware and software products.
- Familiar with Lenovo/ IBM desktop and server hardware; audio-video hardware and technologies
- Basic understanding and experience with PBX phone system troubleshooting
- A+, Network+, MCSE, MCTS, MCTIP or VCP certification/s
- Experience working with Xerox multifunction printers
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer
- Essential to be fluent in English both written and spoken
- Analytical, organizational and prioritization skills
- Able to provide solutions in a considerate, fun and professional environment
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in an entrepreneurial environment
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to provide exceptional service and solutions
Interacts effectively with all Teams and/or Clients
Application closing date is Dec 17, 2013.
Include your cover letter and resume in your application with Systems Administrator in the subject line of your email
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
More information about this and other roles at www.nicolawealth.com