Nicola Wealth Management is a Vancouver-based financial planning and investment management firm serving the needs of high net worth incorporated professionals and business owners. We have a passion for providing clients with sophisticated planning and portfolio management expertise, along with outstanding client service. We strive to continue being among the top performing wealth advisors and money managers in the country – and we know our people help us deliver on that objective. NWM is a growing firm with a bright future, and we look forward to working with individuals who share our passion.
At Nicola Wealth Management, we believe our most valuable asset is our people and demonstrate that in the finer details, our interactions and shared success. Our people make this an exciting and rewarding place to work bringing energy, experience and expertise. We welcome you to explore new possibilities and provide opportunities to develop. Our uniqueness fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and collegial atmosphere that attracts outstanding people.
Working at NWM
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Robust Benefit plan including an Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in the company profit sharing program after 6 months
- Group RRSP contributions after 1 year
- Close to transit, bike-commuter facilities, centrally located to shopping and restaurants
- Support wellness by providing healthy snacks
- Support personal development with Tuition reimbursement and study days for approved programs
- Volunteer day to give back to our community
- Personal leave days
- Team building events
- Flexible, respectful and thoughtful environment
Team and Position Overview
The Enterprise Solutions Group takes on the overall responsibility for vision, strategy, technology investment, development and management of the software solutions we use to run our business. Its objective is to strengthen the strategic alignment between information technology, investment and the business in order to drive continuous improvements in client services, information management / reporting, business processes and operational efficiency. We are a group of 12 enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals that enjoy a good work life balance. As a group, we also share in the belief that it is less about titles and more about continuous improvement, constantly learning, and a firm commitment to getting the job done right.
The team is seeking seasoned, talented and highly motivated professional in development, business analysis, quality assurance and project management to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is passionate about applying technology to address business needs, has a strong customer service orientation and thrives in an entrepreneurial, small team environment.
- Our technology and operating environment is Microsoft based.
- Our database platform is MS SQL Server 2008R2.
- We run a number of commercial applications including MS Office, Exchange, Dynamics CRM and SharePoint.
- We have also developed a number of applications, reports and utilities internally using VB, VB.NET, C#, MS Access, Excel and SSRS. We are leveraging the capabilities of SQL Server for data integration, analytics and production/ad hoc reporting.
- We have developed a data warehouse with disaster recovery capability.
- We take a pragmatic approach to software life-cycle management that leverages ideas and practices from traditional as well as agile methodologies.
Will evolve over time depending on experience and capabilities of the candidate:
- Elicit requirements through interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis as well as task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding.
- Distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements then deliver the Functional and Business Requirements Document as required; Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Utilize your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Serve as the conduit between the internal and external customers as well as the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Work closely with business stakeholders, development team, end-users and project manager to prioritize and define overall project scope, assess and select alternate approaches, set expectations and manage scope changes.
- Take ownership of ensuring that each solution deliverable is of high quality, usable, serviceable and properly addresses business needs.
- Work with project team to create and drive the project plan from initiation to final acceptance and delivery including resource allocation, prioritization, change management, issue resolution, and risk mitigation.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to champion and advocate positive change to systems and related processes to enhance operational efficiency and information access.
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships as required
- Stay abreast of industry trends
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in IT, science, business or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 6 years of related work experience in corporate IT or financial services environment
- Working knowledge of a variety of methods and techniques used to elicit, capture and communicate requirements
- Experience with workflow and information modeling
- Experience managing small to medium size projects
- A thorough understanding of software development life cycle
- Experience working on enterprise application integration projects using Microsoft technologies including SharePoint, CRM, SQL Analytics and reporting would be an asset
- Previous experience working in financial services or wealth management would be a definite asset
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer
- Essential to be fluent and highly skilled in the use of the English language (both written and verbal)
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; executives, managers, & subject matter experts
- Excellent negotiating skills using diplomacy, judgment and persuasion to secure agreement and co-operation from project team end users
- Strong analytic and conceptualization skills
- Creative, self-starter, results-oriented, avid learner and teacher
- Can-do attitude
- Excellent prioritization and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent communication skills: including presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexible and adaptive to change
- Must have a good understanding of business issues and processes
- Sees technology as tool to solve business problems rather than an end in itself
- The candidate must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- An innate desire to share expertise and mentor others would be an asset
- Enjoys working in a small-business with a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Performance and service oriented
Interacts effectively with all Teams and/or Clients
Application closing date is April 4th, 2014.
Include your cover letter and resume in your application with “Business Analyst” in the subject line
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
More information about this and other roles at www.nicolawealth.com
Indeed - 9 months ago