Nicola Crosby Real Estate Investments is a Vancouver-based boutique real estate investment management company managing more than $600 million of commercial real estate in Canada and the United States. On behalf of private investors, a team of experienced real estate investment professionals manage a diverse and growing portfolio of industrial, office, retail, multifamily and self-storage properties. Nicola Crosby is poised for significant growth over the next 5 – 7 years. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an individual with entrepreneurial drive to join a dynamic group of dedicated real estate professionals.
Reporting to the Vice President Asset Management, the Asset Manager will be responsible for the performance of an assigned portfolio of commercial investment properties. Specific duties will include:
- Developing and executing strategic annual business plans including performance forecasts.
- Maximizing the total return of each asset through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying opportunities for improved performance.
- Undertaking full life cycle financial analysis from acquisition through disposition and other analysis as appropriate.
- Developing and implementing asset repositioning strategies.
- Directing and working closely with third-party property managers in the development of annual operating budgets including capital investment programs, and the day to day execution and oversight of same.
- Monitoring assigned assets including detailed review of monthly financial reports from property managers.
- Managing the activities of third party property managers to ensure that high quality services are provided to tenants.
- Guiding property managers regarding operational issues including tenant relations, capital expenditures, collections and bad debts.
- Negotiating third party contracts as required.
- Working with assigned leasing agents on marketing and leasing strategies. Providing lease administration support and negotiating lease renewals as required.
- Undertaking detailed review of third party appraisals.
- Undertaking periodic property site inspections and reviews.
- Reviewing property tax assessments and directing appeals of same.
- Overseeing insurance reporting and claims, as necessary.
- Ensuring the integrity, accuracy, consistency and completeness of third-party reporting (including financial statements, capital plans and amortization schedules, tenant recovery schedules, etc.).
- Assisting with acquisition due diligence activities including review of financial data, lease reviews and abstracting, and review of third party reports.
- Assisting with property dispositions.
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial property management or asset management experience with office, industrial and retail properties in a fiduciary capacity preferred. This is an asset management position; however, experience in commercial property management is desired and a BC Commercial Property Manager license is a significant benefit.
- Solid and practical understanding of investment fundamentals and North American real estate market dynamics.
- Strong understanding of real estate valuation methods.
- Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in finance, real estate or related discipline preferred.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills and solid understanding of accounting fundamentals.
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task, think logically and problem solve effectively.
- Excellent organizational, communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and ARGUS (preferred).
- Up to 25% travel required.
If you meet the requirements outlined above please submit your resume with cover letter and salary expectations.
We thank all interested applicants, but only qualified candidates will be contacted regarding the position. No recruiters please.
Nicola Crosby Real Estate Investments is a Vancouver-based boutique real estate investment management company managing more than $600...