NIAGARA REGION

NIAGARA REGION Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
To start the day and give each and everyone the detailed attention they required.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Port Colborne, OnatrioJune 9, 2014
Pros: they had staff appriecation day every year, and just have them acknowledge your hard work each day was reward enough for me.
Cons: just the loss of the residents.
A typical day would be to assist residents with dressing and grooming. Mealtime would be assit or even feeding them and help with ADL's which is Activited Daily Living. I was able to work great with my co-workers, we we team players. Was to leave and say good bye, and there were residents that thought they could look after they needs themself and it – more... was hard to watch they struggle,but we were they for their evey needs. Once again I say, the smiles I receeived or the many thank yous, were like music to my heart. – less
Very friendly and enjoyable work environment. Safety oriented
Public Works Employee (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 15, 2014
I really enjoyed working for the Niagara Region as a Public Works Employee. They did not overwork me, but always had things for me to do. The staff there was more than pleasant, and I highly recommend this job.
Valued as a team member
Program Assistant (Former Employee), ThoroldMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: only a contract position
I worked with 2 managers and a compliment of 10 nurses and one other Program Assistant. In the learning process everyone was very helpful. I'm an easy going person who gets along with everyone and is easy to get along with. I enjoy learning new tasks and especially helping my co-workers and clients.
Very enjoyable and hard working
Cleaning Assistant (Current Employee), WellandMarch 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Being able to look back on the achievements I have made during my schooling and goals for the future has made me feel very optimistic. Being honest, hard working while loving to work is a great thing to learn to love.
Suppressive and authoritative environment
Non-union (Former Employee), ThoroldJuly 9, 2013
Pros: employment
Cons: suppressive authoritative environment
Suppressive environment. Favouritism is prevalent, and it is a powerful tool to mould employees and influence promotions.

Office pets and select employee rewards are used to address problems in the organization caused by poor organizational management and mould employees. The Human Resources Department and management dwarf talent and can be brutal – more... about eliminating perceived problems, contravening internal rules, legislation and law. – less
Water or Waste Water operations (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 16, 2013
Operations of a waste water plant (Level 4 plant)
Learning all aspects of treatment
great Managers
great co-workers
night shift
Personally and Corperatly Rewarding
RPN/MDS/RAI Coordinator (Former Employee), Welland, ONJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: personal goal rewards
Cons: meeting timelines
The past three years,I was responsible for the MDS/RAI in the Nursing home and all the documentation. I was in a management position at that time.It was a very challenging job but very rewarding. This included working with RN's,RPN's and PSW's to ensure the work for each disipline was done in a timely fashion.
Office type environment
Babysitter (Current Employee), Fort Erie, ONOctober 25, 2012
Pros: gaining more work experience
Cons: working long hours
I seem to enjoy working in offices more.I learn new working skills. my co workers seem more friendlier. I enjoy when I get ahead when it comes to completing my tasks and duties. I learn to file, multitask adding more to the list, and helping out other employers or my employer.
Nice Place to work
Millwright, Various Contract Positions (Former Employee), Port Wellar, to Prt ColbourneApril 23, 2012
Pros: great learning experience.
Cons: none really
The challenges of the job were excellent, Daily Maintenance, and breakdowns, as well as a variety of equipment.