NIAGARA REGION Employee Reviews

Excellent workplace
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON16 June 2017
Working for the Region has been wonderful. I have made so many meaningful connections and everyone is always willing to help.

Our OneTeam culture ensures we are all working together for a better community!
Human Resources Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON3 April 2017
Great company to work for. The culture is great. The willingness to offer work/life balance is fantastic. Great place to work for. Happy for my experience and time with this employer.
Pros
Flexible start/end times
Cons
Can get lost amongst the large scale size of the bureaucracy
productive and enjoyed my past and current days
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 March 2017
A typical day would included daily supervision of 5 children in different age groups. Creating a safe healthy environment with the guidance following our polices and procedures through the educational act. Excellent senior team service for support in any areas of need. Whether you have a crisis moment continuous support is always available. Inter personal skills is used on a daily basis with children's parents as well as the children in care.
empathy, diversity, nurture, understanding with patience is a daily focus of need.
Pros
contracted
Cons
clients under one year of age
Terrible management
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON5 November 2015
They don't follow their own polices, because whats the point when they aren't enforced? If you aren't already best friends with a manager working there don't waste your time because you will be replaced to make room for someone who is.
Pros
everything else
Cons
managers who do and say whatever they want without concequence
niagara region
personal support worker (Former Employee) –  4 different homes17 January 2015
Great company great pay rates for psw 21.48 to start and after 500 hrs FULL BENIFITS
down fall management and how things are handled
lack of communication between homes and employee
Pros
lots of hrs and great pay somthing you can live on
Cons
expected to work at 4 of there homes
Great Municipal work place
wastewater operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara region29 September 2014
Excellent workers very poor management
Excellent environment with growth potential
Pros
Security, room to grow
Cons
To start the day and give each and everyone the detailed attention they required.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, Onatrio9 June 2014
A typical day would be to assist residents with dressing and grooming. Mealtime would be assit or even feeding them and help with ADL's which is Activited Daily Living. I was able to work great with my co-workers, we we team players. Was to leave and say good bye, and there were residents that thought they could look after they needs themself and it was hard to watch they struggle,but we were they for their evey needs. Once again I say, the smiles I receeived or the many thank yous, were like music to my heart.
Pros
They had staff appriecation day every year, and just have them acknowledge your hard work each day was reward enough for me.
Cons
Just the loss of the residents.
Very friendly and enjoyable work environment. Safety oriented
Public Works Employee (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 April 2014
I really enjoyed working for the Niagara Region as a Public Works Employee. They did not overwork me, but always had things for me to do. The staff there was more than pleasant, and I highly recommend this job.
Valued as a team member
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thorold24 March 2014
I worked with 2 managers and a compliment of 10 nurses and one other Program Assistant. In the learning process everyone was very helpful. I'm an easy going person who gets along with everyone and is easy to get along with. I enjoy learning new tasks and especially helping my co-workers and clients.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Only a contract position
Very enjoyable and hard working
Cleaning Assistant (Current Employee) –  Welland20 March 2014
Being able to look back on the achievements I have made during my schooling and goals for the future has made me feel very optimistic. Being honest, hard working while loving to work is a great thing to learn to love.
Pros
Meeting new people

Want to know more about NIAGARA REGION?

Ask a question
Suppressive and authoritative environment
Non-union (Former Employee) –  Thorold9 July 2013
Suppressive environment. Favouritism is prevalent, and it is a powerful tool to mould employees and influence promotions.

Office pets and select employee rewards are used to address problems in the organization caused by poor organizational management and mould employees. The Human Resources Department and management dwarf talent and can be brutal about eliminating perceived problems, contravening internal rules, legislation and law.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Suppressive authoritative environment
Fun environment to work in
Home Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON9 April 2013
I love being a home daycare provider , teaching children new things everyday and watching them grow and learn is a great reward.
Personally and Corperatly Rewarding
RPN/MDS/RAI Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON3 January 2013
The past three years,I was responsible for the MDS/RAI in the Nursing home and all the documentation. I was in a management position at that time.It was a very challenging job but very rewarding. This included working with RN's,RPN's and PSW's to ensure the work for each disipline was done in a timely fashion.
Pros
personal goal rewards
Cons
meeting timelines
Office type environment
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON25 October 2012
I seem to enjoy working in offices more.I learn new working skills. my co workers seem more friendlier. I enjoy when I get ahead when it comes to completing my tasks and duties. I learn to file, multitask adding more to the list, and helping out other employers or my employer.
Pros
gaining more work experience
Cons
working long hours