Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper you will
1. Maintain the quality of guest room and public space cleanliness according to standards, policies and procedures as established by the NHH management/housekeeping department.
2. Ensure that all guest requests are honoured.
3. Be flexible to work all days that are required, including weekends and holidays.
4. Be very hospitable to guests, providing assistance and answering questions to enhance guest’s visits at the hotel.
5. Communicate room deficiencies to management and maintenance departments.
1. To prioritize room cleaning assignments in order to complete rooms in most efficient manner for guest satisfaction and to meet check-in deadlines.
2. To maintain clean hallways, including vacuuming, cleaning mirrors and windows.
3. To adhere to the Lost & Found procedure as established by NHH.
4. To adhere to the policies and procedures as determined by Management and/or Housekeeping Department of NHH.
5. Room cleaning, including, but not limited to:
a) stripping rooms of garbage and used linen and terry;
b) making beds
c) cleaning and disinfecting tubs, toilets and sinks;
d) flushing jacuzzi and whirlpool tubs;
e) dusting furniture, including desk, dresser, TV, armoire, wardrobe, headboard, etc.
f) stocking amenities, towels, condiments, coffee, tea, etc.
g) cleaning coffee pots;
h) vacuuming floors, washing floors;
i) cleaning mirrors and windows;
j) maintaining orderly cart and closet
6. To complete deep cleaning/project cleaning/special assignments such as preventative maintenance, carpet stains, etc.
7. To participate in daily Team Meetings
8. Follow company health and safety guidelines, and comply with federal and provincial regulations to protect company assets.
9. Any other task as requested by the Executive Housekeeper or Hotel General Manager
1. Ability to work as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment.
2. Ability to follow instructions from supervisors.
3. Some written and oral communication skills.
4. Previous housekeeping experience an asset, but willing to train the right candidate.
5. Must be able to provide criminal reference check.
6. WHMIS and/or First Aid training an asset.
1. Physically fit to endure lifting, stretching, bending, kneeling and climbing stairs.
2. Some exposure to weather while cleaning outside rooms, i.e. heat, cold, rain, snow
3. Exposure to cleaning chemicals, such as general purpose disinfectant, glass cleaner, furniture polish, carpet stain remover, jacuzzi tub flush, etc.