Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Hotel Executive Housekeeper and Director of Hotel Operations you will work hands-on along-side staff at the hotel. Your general responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
1. Regular inventories, as required, of machine operating parts, cleaning chemicals, and any other supplies required in the laundry room, etc.
2. Maintain security for yourself, team members and property ensuring that laundry room doors and machine doors are locked when necessary; keys are controlled, and ensure that all security and safety regulations are being met.
3. Personally clean laundry area and/or work in laundry on a regular basis.
4. Ensure that area is properly stocked, and that all daily laundry tasks are completed according to the property’s standards.
5. Report maintenance problems by completing work orders and follow up on maintenance work to ensure that work is completed.
6. Assist the housekeeping department in training and filling in for the houseman where applicable.
7. Follow company health and safety guidelines, and comply with federal and provincial regulations to protect company assets.
8. Any other tasks as assigned by the Executive Housekeeper, Hotel General Manager, Or President