Scope: You will participate on a very “hands-on” basis including actively dealing directly with guests, and being responsible for security of properties during your shift times as well as revenue attainment.
Your general responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
1) To perform the accounting “end of day” functions for the hotel and restaurant operation
2) To quote rates, check guests in and generate sales
3) To ensure all guests and assets of the hotel are secure
4) To “run” the day’s end reports on the property management computer system
5) To perform the daily reconciliation of cash deposits and credit card transactions
6) To balance all accounts
7) To produce various reports as requested by the Controller NHH or Hotel Manager
8) To capture all sales opportunities to “walk-ins” and check in guests
9) To assist in preparing continental breakfast each morning
10)To ensure that all guests are assured a peaceful stay (by controlling undesirable behaviour, which could disrupt guest comfort, and obtain assistance of police to evict noisy or unruly guests or non-guests
11) To ensure that no thefts take place of any equipment or assets and that security of the complex is controlled
12) Normal front desk functions, accounting and auditing procedures as set our in the written procedures manual for “night-audit” and “front-desk”
13) Provide “end-of-day” reports for restaurants
14) Any other tasks as assigned by the President or respective Hotel General Manager
- Must be independent and work well in an unsupervised position
- Previous cash handling experience an asset.
- Ability to work midnight shifts – 12pm to 8am .
- Previous reservation or booking experience preferred, ideally in a hotel/resort setting.
- Preference will be given to those who have taken or are currently enrolled in Hospitality/Tourism or Accounting programs or one of similar interest.
- Certified in 1st Aid and CPR a very valued asset