Niagara Health System

Niagara Health System Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Overall
Registered Perioperative Scrub Nurse (Current Employee) –  Portage RoadJuly 11, 2016
Love my employer and positions! Just looking for a change of pace. Want to get as much experience doing many things in a variety of different fields
good place to work at with good people
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 4, 2015
NHS is a good place that I worked at with good management and good workers. I learned a lot and got more confident working with IVs, Chemo preparations etc. I love working with mixtures IV or creams, ointments etc.
Pros
free lunches, study meeteings
Cons
no cons
Professional and enjoyable to work for
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 30, 2015
Great staff and management. A lot of resources, fun and enjoyable. Room to grow. Clean environment. Great support systems. Really enjoy working within NHS
Not the best place to work
nurse (Current Employee) –  nhsJuly 25, 2015
Great staff, physicians and patients. Very poor management and direction. About half a dozen educators that don't educate, show up randomly looking for errors on the unit and Centre people out to discipline. Very much neoNazi style. Parking is costly and very difficult to find at St. Catherines site. like most hospitals this is farmed out to another company that is making a good buck on tax payers backs. Management is directly looking to cut back everywhere at the expense of patients and staff saftey so the can get their bonuses.
Pros
Staff patients and docs
Cons
as above .. everything
New Hospital, New Rules
Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 13, 2015
This is a beautiful facility in a clean, convenient location, unlike the previous location of the St. Catharines Hospital. Parking at this facility is inadequate - there isn't enough parking for staff and patients. Mandatory uniforms are in effect, which are colour coded scrub tops per department and black pants. Only allowed to purchase scrub tops through supplier, which are inexpensive, however; the scrub tops are poorly sewn, ill fitting and made out of a material that does not breathe.
Well Organized and Excellent Place to Volunteer
Emergency Department Volunteer (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines SiteNovember 27, 2014
NHS is a ever growing health care system that has endless areas for professional and personal growth. They provide you with all the necessities to function in the health care field and interact with the health care team continuously. I volunteer with another young female. We provide comfort measures for the patients within the ER ie. fresh cold water, a warm blanket. We fill the isolation carts for the nurses, as well as restock the gloves within each of the patient rooms within the department. We socialize within the waiting room and answer as many questions as we can.
NHS
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Welland OntarioNovember 24, 2014
Great team work great environment great place of employment.
Productive and brilliant people work here
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 2, 2014
Every day was unique in a healthcare environment and it is a very incredible environment to learn in. I learned what it truly takes for health care and patient-centred care - a lot of hard working and amazing people - front-line and back-line. I worked with an incredible team that helped each other continually and with some incredible ideas that made that new hospital become a huge success due to all of that teamwork and hard work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of the social committee and coming up with fun activities to promote interaction between different groups and help increase employee satisfaction and to just have fun.
Busy Clinic
Drug Access Facilitator (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, OntarioApril 14, 2014
Passionate about my current role as Drug Access Facilitator
Manage over 30 different Patient Assistance Program that are available to oncology patients.
Facilitate on behalf of patients the copious amount of paperwork that is involved when applying for drug coverage through private payers when prior authorizations are required for drug funding.
Time lines and the heavy load of referrals are the hardest part of the job and can be overwhelming at times when you are the only doing Drug Reimbursement for our growing clinic.
Love the patients, Love to provide them with financial assistance with drug funding and to ease their stress and frustration when dealing with private payers and provincial programs ( EAP/Section 16, Trillium and CCO )
Pros
pharmaceutical lunch & learns
Cons
long days, busy days missing lunches and breaks
Fun people to work with.
Facilities Engineering & Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, OntarioFebruary 28, 2014
Great people to work with but unfortunately the organization is lacking leadership and direction.
housekeeping
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJanuary 26, 2014
great staff would love to work there again im trying to get in but its so hard???
Every day was unique to itself. Always plenty to do to keep employees busy.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ONNovember 12, 2013
A very interesting and enjoyable position. Working daily with the Director and Clinical Managers assisting with their scheduling of appointments and arranging meeting times, locations and minutes. Distributing any business paperwork affiliated with meetings and contacting all participants via email, calendar outlook, telephone or fax. Project administration and preparation was an important duty in this position and it included working closely with department members communicating any information needed.
Pros
great staff
Fast paced working environment
Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 12, 2013
A very faced paced working environment which requires the upmost confidentiality as dealing with patients health records on a daily basis. Assisting the nursing staff with everyday physician orders and clerical duties.
Good people to work with
Emergency Department Physician Scheduler (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONSeptember 12, 2013
Sign in, do my assigned job sign out at the end of my shift, people are friendly not a hard job. Would like something where I can use my skills better.
Pros
left to work by my self
Cons
not enought hour of work
continued success for over 20 yrs
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 15, 2013
Education workshops continuous, great relationship with collegues and management...I have learned that every individual has a whole different outlook on the Health Sytem...Hardest part of my job is to collaborate with more than one family member at a time as they want the answers now about condition and outcome...Most enjoyable is to leave work with the satisfaction of 100% of my professional was given to all my patients, family members and friends...
Pros
inspirational
Cons
rpn's opportunities to move forward in next level as they require rn certification
Continuous change in direction, and leadership, instability.
Director Emergency Services and Critical Care (Former Employee) –  St. Catherine's ONMay 22, 2012
Excellent Physicians, staff and support services. Had an exceptional group of Managers, staff and physicians always putting patient care at the forefront.
Pros
comitted physicians and front line staff
Cons
leadership, culture of blame, lack of direction, instability