Niagara Health System Employee Review

View all Niagara Health System reviews

Working at the hospital is a life changing experience.
Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON25 July 2012
Working at the hospital is a unique experience. My fellow employees, which is mostly the nurses, are a very rare group of people. They are a pleasure to work with.

The hardest part of my job is when a patient expires. I am pleased that I can be there to do what I can to help there families in anyway possible; whether it be just for comfort or for support, as long as I can be of service to them.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when a patient is discharged home. Just to know that they are feeling much better and that we have done our best to help them through there illness is enough to make you feel that something we have done has made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
working with doctors and nurses is a great experience.
Cons
casual part-time work hours are very minimal.

Other Niagara Health System Employee Reviews

My first real job, awesome people awesome workplace
Registered Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 January 2018
I moved up to St. Catharines from Windsor, Ontario. The Niagara area is beautiful and similar to Windsor, being so close to the US boarder. The hospital was brand new when I moved up here which was awesome. My managers have been wonderful overall and my coworkers are incredible.
Pros
New Building, Great Staff, Fair Pay
Cons
Far from my home of Windsor
Great place to work , lots of room for movement. Lots of education, great friendships and team atmosphere
Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 October 2017
Nurses are over worked but remain helpful and friendly. The doctors (again over worked) are efficient and knowledgeable and take the time to listen.
The building and faculties are showing their age, but for the most part seem clean and maintained. Wait times are average but that is always subject to the severity of your emergency.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Older Building