NIAGARA HEALTH SYSTEM

NIAGARA HEALTH SYSTEM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy Clinic
Drug Access Facilitator (Current Employee), St. Catharines, OntarioApril 14, 2014
Pros: pharmaceutical lunch & learns
Cons: long days, busy days missing lunches and breaks
Passionate about my current role as Drug Access Facilitator
Manage over 30 different Patient Assistance Program that are available to oncology patients.
Facilitate on behalf of patients the copious amount of paperwork that is involved when applying for drug coverage through private payers when prior authorizations are required for drug funding.
Time – more... lines and the heavy load of referrals are the hardest part of the job and can be overwhelming at times when you are the only doing Drug Reimbursement for our growing clinic.
Love the patients, Love to provide them with financial assistance with drug funding and to ease their stress and frustration when dealing with private payers and provincial programs ( EAP/Section 16, Trillium and CCO ) – less
Fun people to work with.
Facilities Engineering & Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, OntarioFebruary 28, 2014
Great people to work with but unfortunately the organization is lacking leadership and direction.
housekeeping
housekeeping (Former Employee), Welland, ONJanuary 26, 2014
great staff would love to work there again im trying to get in but its so hard???
Every day was unique to itself. Always plenty to do to keep employees busy.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Niagara, ONNovember 12, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: long hours
A very interesting and enjoyable position. Working daily with the Director and Clinical Managers assisting with their scheduling of appointments and arranging meeting times, locations and minutes. Distributing any business paperwork affiliated with meetings and contacting all participants via email, calendar outlook, telephone or fax. Project administration – more... and preparation was an important duty in this position and it included working closely with department members communicating any information needed. – less
Fast paced working environment
Ward Clerk (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 12, 2013
A very faced paced working environment which requires the upmost confidentiality as dealing with patients health records on a daily basis. Assisting the nursing staff with everyday physician orders and clerical duties.
continued success for over 20 yrs
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: inspirational
Cons: rpn's opportunities to move forward in next level as they require rn certification
Education workshops continuous, great relationship with collegues and management...I have learned that every individual has a whole different outlook on the Health Sytem...Hardest part of my job is to collaborate with more than one family member at a time as they want the answers now about condition and outcome...Most enjoyable is to leave work with – more... the satisfaction of 100% of my professional was given to all my patients, family members and friends... – less
Working at the hospital is a life changing experience.
Ward Clerk (Current Employee), Welland, ONJuly 25, 2012
Pros: working with doctors and nurses is a great experience.
Cons: casual part-time work hours are very minimal.
Working at the hospital is a unique experience. My fellow employees, which is mostly the nurses, are a very rare group of people. They are a pleasure to work with.

The hardest part of my job is when a patient expires. I am pleased that I can be there to do what I can to help there families in anyway possible; whether it be just for comfort or for support, – more... as long as I can be of service to them.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when a patient is discharged home. Just to know that they are feeling much better and that we have done our best to help them through there illness is enough to make you feel that something we have done has made a difference in someone's life. – less
Continuous change in direction, and leadership, instability.
Director Emergency Services and Critical Care (Former Employee), St. Catherine's ONMay 22, 2012
Pros: comitted physicians and front line staff
Cons: leadership, culture of blame, lack of direction, instability
Excellent Physicians, staff and support services. Had an exceptional group of Managers, staff and physicians always putting patient care at the forefront.
Good salary and benefits, but no leadership.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), NiagaraOctober 24, 2011
The NHS has good compensation and benefits. But unfortunately that’s it. This health system is going under a major shake up that is affecting all of its employees. The turn over rate is at an all time high amongst medical staff and it seems no one wants to take the helm of this broken system which again is reflecting in the performance of the staff.