Niagara Electric Inc. started its activities in July 2012. Part of the ENERCON group, it manufactures and assemble electrical modules and cabinets for ENERCON's highly technological wind turbines. We are currently looking for a reliable individual for the cleaning and general maintenance of our facility in Beamsville.
- Light office cleaning duties, including vacuuming, sweeping, mopping and waxing hallways, floors and stairs;
- Washing windows, interior walls and ceilings;
- Emptying trash cans and other waste containers, both in the office area as well as on the production floor;
- Keeping common areas (kitchens, washrooms) clean and sanitary;
- Cleaning snow and ice from walkways, parking areas and shipping/receiving areas;
- Cutting grass and tending the grounds;
- Inspecing the facility to ensure safety and cleanliness standards;
- Performing routine maintenance jobs and hands-on minor repairs to heating, cooling, plumbing, ventilating and electrical systems;
- Contacting tradespersons and contractors for major repairs;
- Moving furniture, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Janitorial or maintenance experience an asset;
- Must be available to work full-time, Monday through Friday, and be very flexible to respond to emergencies in the evening or weekend if required;
- Reliable individual, works with minimal supervision;
- Good physical condition (kneeling, standing, bending, crouching, working at heights, lifting heavy objects, repetitive work);
- Knowledge of gas tools (mower, grass trimmer, etc.);
- Excellent manual abilities, and interest for manual labour;
- Safe work practices with equipment and procedures.
Day shift - Monday through Friday (evenings and weekends if emergencies occur).
Training will be provided on the job.
As a permanent employee, the individual will be eligible to the company's benefits package after a 3-month probationary period, and will also be eligible to the pension plan after 6 months.
Full-time employment (40 hours/week) - all year round
Indeed - 2 years ago
Niagara Frontier Electrical Contractors Association at www.nfeca.org