NIAGARA COLLEGE

NIAGARA COLLEGE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to teach
Part-time instructor/teacher (Current Employee), Welland, ONJuly 10, 2014
I've had a great time teaching Web Development at Niagara College. I hope to continue the job.
Fast paced schedule with excellent clinical experience
Level I and II Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Welland, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: excellent professors
Cons: busy schedule
The schedule I was given at Niagara College during my DA level I and II training was very busy and fast paced. I learned a lot and had the opportunity to do a two week DA level II placement at an office in Tillsonburg, Ontario. The hardest part was maintaining high grades in all courses and the most enjoyable part was just doing what I love and preparing – more... for my career in the dental field. – less
Nice internship
Project Assistant (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-LakeMay 7, 2014
Pros: free samples of beer.
Cons: no salary
Niagara College provided me with a great internship where I could apply some environmental knowledge towards implementing a green curriculum to one of their academic programs. With the project team we went to do some on-site inspections as well as interviewing the staff in charge. It was a brewery program where the college produced their own beer.
Water assessment: E.coli
Field and Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONApril 29, 2014
A typical day at work was the E. coli lab using both the IDEXX and Membrane Filtering methods. While the IDEXX method was a piece of cake, the membrane filtering was a time consuming method. That day i discovered and learned about the IDEXX method.
The management task was related to my Gantt chart established to accomplish my project, and I worked very – more... hard to meet the deadline.
My partner was collaborative and I was impressed by his devotion and he sens of accuracy while performing lab practices.
The hardest part of the job was related to severe weather conditions while we were performing water sampling. It was very cool and windy. The shore was icy and slippery, and our hands were frozen.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the excellent output, including results and report. – less
Co-op Photonics Research Assistant
Photonics Research Assistant (Former Employee), Welland, ONMarch 15, 2014
Pros: fun working in lab conditions.
Cons: ...
Conduct research, Write funding proposals, Create experiment, execute and analyse results. Write notes. Explore new equipment.
I enjoyed working with people with different backgrounds and nationalities.
Cleaner (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the people.
Cons: alot of walking
I enjoyed going to work everyday because the college was a short drive from my house. The supervisor's were kind and nice to work for. The job required a tremendous amount of walking because of being a very large college. But it was an enjoyable job because of having bright surroundings and a positive learning atmosphere.
My Job
InfoCentre Staff (Current Employee), Niagara on the LakeJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: amazing team
Cons: not permanent
I love coming to my job here at Niagara College everyday. My co-workers, and managers are absolutely amazing people and it is my pleasure to work with them. Everyday is a learning experience here. There is always ways for me to expand my knowledge at the college.

The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to interact with people all day long. – more... I get asked question all day and I look forward to being able to help point someone in the right direction. – less
Very good place to work with very good colleagues.
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Welland, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: good associates
Cons: poor pay
I was a student in Niagara College and was given opportunity to work there for about a year. very fun place to work. I learnt a lot about calibration of various electrical equipment.
lots of homework
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Niagara RegionNovember 13, 2013
long hours at school. I took Practical Nursing. Fellow students were OK, most of the teachers were unfair and had double standards. the homework was a lot. the most enjoyable part of the day was dealing with the clients.
Very stressful workplace and unsecure job positions
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), WellandNovember 6, 2013
Pros: wages
Cons: workplace stress
The hardest part of the job was not knowing from day to day when my position would be up.
The work environment is good
International Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONOctober 13, 2013
Pros: manage your own time
Cons: pay is so so.
Answering emails from Agents, parents and students overseas,
Making phone calls to communicate for problems and coordinate with internal procedures.
Setup meeting with visiting university groups
Planing education fair attendance for my assistant in China and review his reports
Planning my own trips to China, Vietnam, Hong Kong etc.
Update our marketing – more... material.
Student problem solving.
Coordinate with other department for partnership setting up and credits transferring.

Good job for long term to raise a family . – less
Challenging to teach variety of experience in students.
Art Instructor (Former Employee), Welland, ONAugust 18, 2013
Pros: good pay, make friends
Cons: bringing own equipment to class
Plan lesson starting with a demonstration and subject. Then figure out how to approach teaching individually. Hardest part of job waskeeping the lessons in order so as not to be confusing.
Excellant work expeience by working in International department of Niagara college, Canada
International Department Student Assistant (Current Employee), Niagara falls, ONJuly 24, 2013
Pros: i got good exposure to canadian working style and learned so many things.
I worked part time i the office as a student assistant , also cover the front desk.
I learned everyday something new, which enhanced my knowledge and my working skills.
My co workers were really good and co operative. All enjoyed working together as a team.
The hardest part of my job is to answer the questions asked by students. sometimes it is really – more... difficult for students of different culture and country; to make them understand the whole thing.
I enjoyed every bit of time which I spent in the department with my co workers. It was memorable experience in my life. – less
Nice to get payed to study
Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Welland, ONJuly 15, 2013
Whats better then reviewing and gaining a better understanding of a subject then Tutoring fellow students.
Technology
Electronic Technologist (Former Employee), Welland, ONApril 8, 2013
Pros: many technology under one roof
Cons: co-op and short term employment only
Working at Niagara college has lead me excercise my potential. It was fun and at the same time great responsibility was on our shoulder.
it always makes me feel good to help others
Tutor (Current Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONApril 1, 2013
---help students with their homework is a mutual learning process
---flexible working condition
Nice Place to work
Software Developer - Research Associate (Current Employee), 300 Woodlawn Road, Welland, ON L3C 7L3February 24, 2013
Pros: workplace inside college
About Job: Its fix term contract job, I have 8 and half month for single project.

About Project: Vector Search Engine

What I learn: JQueryUI, Web Services, JSON, debugging using firebug and Chrome Developer; and many more. Specially how to manage Project Life Cycle when requirements change very frequently

hardest part of the job: Requirement and – more... complexity increase in every biweekly meeting but Time and resources are fix

The most enjoyable part of the job: Our team win Microsoft Award at MEIC challenge in Toronto (at Corus) – less
Great work enviroment and good teamwork
International Student Advisor Assistant (Current Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONOctober 12, 2012
Pros: clear goals, good tools to perform your duties, great support
Cons: unorganized, lack of communication between the staff and the management
The week was divided by two parts, the first one assisting international students with immigration issues and give them support with personal problems (Adapting to Canadian life, learn how the college in Canada works, interact with Canadians, etc.). The second part was working in projects, such as creating the new recruitment and selection process, – more... updating the training for different positions, etc.
In this job I learned how to work in a Canadian environment, how Canadians work and their practices, this was a great learning for me, because I want to continue my professional career in Canada and it was very important to learn their ways in a work place.
The management was very helpful and supportive, they taught me everything in the department and they supported me with everything. In a short period of time they trusted and handed specific projects to me.
My co-workers where great, it was a good team environment inside and outside of the office. They helped me every time I had a problem with something and the assisted me with the projects I was responsible for.
The hardest part was the beginning, getting used to how is work in this country, gaining the trust of my co-workers and the management. Also learning everything there is to know about the job as fast as possible so I can start giving results. – less
A pleasure working with students, unfair & unlawful treatment of part time employees
Dental Receptionist/Dental Technician (Former Employee), Welland, ONSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: being closed on school holidays
Cons: poor management and biased human resource dept.
A typical day at work included scheduling and confirming appointments, managing multiple phone lines, supplying detailed information to clients, billing, accepting payments, balancing day's end, charting, filing, all while training dental students on all of the above. I learned to prioritize in order to complete all tasks within insufficient part time – more... hours, I also learned that most students were unhappy with most faculty and management and were over stressed because of it. There were a few co-workers that made the job enjoyable, but most were busy trying to belittle the part timers or each other. The hardest part of the job was that management had little or no experience in the dental field and were influenced by gossiping secretarial staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know many wonderful students and dental clients. – less
I miss my friends at Niagara College.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJuly 26, 2012
Pros: they educated me and then i was able to give back to them as an employee.
Cons: sad that we had to move and i needed to leave this job.
I was a student at this College doing an internship for my program. They valued skills and hired me full time after my graduation. I was a great workplace and still hold many friendships from the people I worked with.