NIAGARA COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Good work culture
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON11 September 2016
Good place to work and grow, with excellent natural beauty. Work culture was decent, my job was mainly centered towards individual aspect. Management could be better.
Learned a ton
ITS Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON4 May 2016
My program at Niagara was one of the hardest Niagara offers. I learned about the in and outs of networks and the future of electronics. Can't wait to apply these skills
not a good place for teaching!
Professor : Culinary Innovation & Food Technolog (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON1 March 2016
Very bad work culture! the Food and Wine Institute was definitely not an academic environment. It was more of cooperation. program char of that time was pressuring to influence the students marks and pass or fails instead of encouraging better supports.
not a right fit
User Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Welland Campus10 February 2016
After working in the private sector for 30 years, going to the educational sector was a culture shock. The fit wasn't right for me so I took a early retirement.
Pros
good hours. lots of vacation time
Cons
difficult to get motivated.
great experience
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON29 October 2015
excellent experience at the college. learnt a lot from the college, loved studying there. made lots of friends and gained much knowledge there . studied there 2 years and it benefited a lot. cooperative and intelligent teachers, helped in every difficulty.
Pros
teaching place
Cons
burden of assignments
Great place to work, with great people
Athletic Centre Attendant (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON13 October 2015
Working with Niagara college was one of the most enjoyable jobs i have had. Would love to work there again. I learned a lot about about fitness and healthy living
Challenging and Educational
Events Assistant (Former Employee) –  Welland1 October 2015
The data management, extensive details, and teamwork that Niagara College's Foundation Department does on a regular basis is a remarkable standard that I believe all events and companies should follow. From data collection, event day execution, teardown, and post event debrief, they truly set the bar of excellence in all avenues.
Employee friendly
free lunches
good medical benefits
great management team
great learning opportunities
Pros
Free lunches
Great place to learn
Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON16 July 2015
I have nothing bad to say about Niagara College. The people who helped me broaden my knowledge of the broadcast industry are great role models and people who I want to model my life after.
Offers a well rounded program regarding to the electrical field
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON27 June 2015
The program touches upon many subjects within the electrical field such as: AC/DC fundamentals, power systems, digital systems, PLC`s, motors and motor drives controls, and electronics.
Fitness Facility
Fitness Facility Employee (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON12 May 2015
Arriving to Niagara College Fitness Center was a relaxing and enjoyable experience. I learned to supervise individuals, attend to safety hazards, conduct facility tours while answering students Fitness and Health questions. Management was always easy to work with and flexible when requested. Working alone was a common occurrence however all the individuals employed at the Fitness Facility were responsible and helpful. The hardest part of the job was ensuring no injuries occurred during shift, this required constant monitoring and spotting individuals performing exercises which can be risky. I enjoyed everything about this job, it was a wonderful place to work.
Great environment helping Student-Athletes perform in sport and school
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON3 April 2015
Going to practice, to develop athletes
having training sessions with individuals to improve specific needs
watching a lot of game film to understand what needs to be addressed at practice
Lots of hours outside of practice to help develop the team to have a winning culture
Ensure all students are performing correctly academically
working with a great staff and a great head coach
the office personal are very supportive
toughest part of the job would be time managing all of the different things needing to be done in short time periods
best part is having a second family among the varsity team
Grounds Maintenance
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-lake, ON25 December 2014
I really enjoyed working at Niagara College as a Grounds Maintenance Staff for it was fun, and enjoyable - very hands on and I had also learned a LOT from my instructors/supervisors. We did everything from planting beds, to mowing the lawn, and doing other various things around the campus to keep the property tidy, and presentable.

I would say that the hardest part of the job was having to work around the students who were walking/driving to and from the college while we staff members were trying to keep the campus grounds clean of debris, etc. but overall, I enjoyed working at Niagara College, and I was sad to have to leave once the school year was over.
Excellent collaborative working environment
Design Instructor (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON17 December 2014
The staff are some of the best people I've ever worked with. Everyone is extremely helpful and up beat. My students are incredibly enthusiastic to learn and are engaged in the program.
Only draw back is that I would rather be here as a full time employee.
Pros
Free teaching courses
Cons
Commute to work takes about an hour
My work2
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON14 November 2014
Was great experience, taught and mentored students(class-mates)
very demanding
Gym Assistant /Activity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON28 October 2014
very good place to work if you are interesting to help new students, at the college there are a lot of departments to work at
Pros
get to meet a lot of people
Cons
it is really hard to get a job there
Productive and Fun Workplace
Business Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, Ontario2 September 2014
Learned a lot about the business world while working on many projects. I enjoyed every aspect about this job, and worked with plenty of cool and fun co-workers.
Great place to teach
Part-time instructor/teacher (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON10 July 2014
I've had a great time teaching Web Development at Niagara College. I hope to continue the job.
Fast paced schedule with excellent clinical experience
Level I and II Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON9 June 2014
The schedule I was given at Niagara College during my DA level I and II training was very busy and fast paced. I learned a lot and had the opportunity to do a two week DA level II placement at an office in Tillsonburg, Ontario. The hardest part was maintaining high grades in all courses and the most enjoyable part was just doing what I love and preparing for my career in the dental field.
Pros
Excellent professors
Cons
Busy schedule
Nice internship
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake7 May 2014
Niagara College provided me with a great internship where I could apply some environmental knowledge towards implementing a green curriculum to one of their academic programs. With the project team we went to do some on-site inspections as well as interviewing the staff in charge. It was a brewery program where the college produced their own beer.
Pros
Free samples of beer.
Cons
No salary

4.2