NIAGARA COLLEGE

NIAGARA COLLEGE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Offers a well rounded program regarding to the electrical field
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN STUDENT (Former Employee), Welland, ONJune 27, 2015
The program touches upon many subjects within the electrical field such as: AC/DC fundamentals, power systems, digital systems, PLC`s, motors and motor drives controls, and electronics.
Fitness Facility
Fitness Facility Employee (Former Employee), Welland, ONMay 12, 2015
Arriving to Niagara College Fitness Center was a relaxing and enjoyable experience. I learned to supervise individuals, attend to safety hazards, conduct facility tours while answering students Fitness and Health questions. Management was always easy to work with and flexible when requested. Working alone was a common occurrence however all the individuals employed at the Fitness Facility were responsible and helpful. The hardest part of the job was ensuring no injuries occurred during shift, this required constant monitoring and spotting individuals performing exercises which can be risky. I enjoyed everything about this job, it was a wonderful place to work.
Great environment helping Student-Athletes perform in sport and school
Assistant Coach (Current Employee), Welland, ONApril 3, 2015
Going to practice, to develop athletes
having training sessions with individuals to improve specific needs
watching a lot of game film to understand what needs to be addressed at practice
Lots of hours outside of practice to help develop the team to have a winning culture
Ensure all students are performing correctly academically
working with a great staff and a great head coach
the office personal are very supportive
toughest part of the job would be time managing all of the different things needing to be done in short time periods
best part is having a second family among the varsity team
Grounds Maintenance
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-lake, ONDecember 25, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Niagara College as a Grounds Maintenance Staff for it was fun, and enjoyable - very hands on and I had also learned a LOT from my instructors/supervisors. We did everything from planting beds, to mowing the lawn, and doing other various things around the campus to keep the property tidy, and presentable.

I would say that the hardest part of the job was having to work around the students who were walking/driving to and from the college while we staff members were trying to keep the campus grounds clean of debris, etc. but overall, I enjoyed working at Niagara College, and I was sad to have to leave once the school year was over.
Excellent collaborative working environment
Design Instructor (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Welland, ONDecember 17, 2014
Pros: free teaching courses
Cons: commute to work takes about an hour
The staff are some of the best people I've ever worked with. Everyone is extremely helpful and up beat. My students are incredibly enthusiastic to learn and are engaged in the program.
Only draw back is that I would rather be here as a full time employee.
My work2
Support Staff (Former Employee), Welland, ONNovember 14, 2014
Was great experience, taught and mentored students(class-mates)
very demanding
Gym Assistant /Activity Coordinator (Former Employee), Welland, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: get to meet a lot of people
Cons: it is really hard to get a job there
very good place to work if you are interesting to help new students, at the college there are a lot of departments to work at
Productive and Fun Workplace
Business Research Assistant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, OntarioSeptember 2, 2014
Learned a lot about the business world while working on many projects. I enjoyed every aspect about this job, and worked with plenty of cool and fun co-workers.
Great place to teach
Part-time instructor/teacher (Current Employee), Welland, ONJuly 10, 2014
I've had a great time teaching Web Development at Niagara College. I hope to continue the job.
Fast paced schedule with excellent clinical experience
Level I and II Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Welland, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: excellent professors
Cons: busy schedule
The schedule I was given at Niagara College during my DA level I and II training was very busy and fast paced. I learned a lot and had the opportunity to do a two week DA level II placement at an office in Tillsonburg, Ontario. The hardest part was maintaining high grades in all courses and the most enjoyable part was just doing what I love and preparing for my career in the dental field.
Nice internship
Project Assistant (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-LakeMay 7, 2014
Pros: free samples of beer.
Cons: no salary
Niagara College provided me with a great internship where I could apply some environmental knowledge towards implementing a green curriculum to one of their academic programs. With the project team we went to do some on-site inspections as well as interviewing the staff in charge. It was a brewery program where the college produced their own beer.
Water assessment: E.coli
Field and Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONApril 29, 2014
A typical day at work was the E. coli lab using both the IDEXX and Membrane Filtering methods. While the IDEXX method was a piece of cake, the membrane filtering was a time consuming method. That day i discovered and learned about the IDEXX method.
The management task was related to my Gantt chart established to accomplish my project, and I worked very hard to meet the deadline.
My partner was collaborative and I was impressed by his devotion and he sens of accuracy while performing lab practices.
The hardest part of the job was related to severe weather conditions while we were performing water sampling. It was very cool and windy. The shore was icy and slippery, and our hands were frozen.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the excellent output, including results and report.
Co-op Photonics Research Assistant
Photonics Research Assistant (Former Employee), Welland, ONMarch 15, 2014
Pros: fun working in lab conditions.
Cons: ...
Conduct research, Write funding proposals, Create experiment, execute and analyse results. Write notes. Explore new equipment.
I enjoyed working with people with different backgrounds and nationalities.
Cleaner (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the people.
Cons: alot of walking
I enjoyed going to work everyday because the college was a short drive from my house. The supervisor's were kind and nice to work for. The job required a tremendous amount of walking because of being a very large college. But it was an enjoyable job because of having bright surroundings and a positive learning atmosphere.
My Job
InfoCentre Staff (Current Employee), Niagara on the LakeJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: amazing team
Cons: not permanent
I love coming to my job here at Niagara College everyday. My co-workers, and managers are absolutely amazing people and it is my pleasure to work with them. Everyday is a learning experience here. There is always ways for me to expand my knowledge at the college.

The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to interact with people all day long. I get asked question all day and I look forward to being able to help point someone in the right direction.
Very good place to work with very good colleagues.
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Welland, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: good associates
Cons: poor pay
I was a student in Niagara College and was given opportunity to work there for about a year. very fun place to work. I learnt a lot about calibration of various electrical equipment.
lots of homework
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Niagara RegionNovember 13, 2013
long hours at school. I took Practical Nursing. Fellow students were OK, most of the teachers were unfair and had double standards. the homework was a lot. the most enjoyable part of the day was dealing with the clients.
Very stressful workplace and unsecure job positions
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), WellandNovember 6, 2013
Pros: wages
Cons: workplace stress
The hardest part of the job was not knowing from day to day when my position would be up.
The work environment is good
International Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONOctober 13, 2013
Pros: manage your own time
Cons: pay is so so.
Answering emails from Agents, parents and students overseas,
Making phone calls to communicate for problems and coordinate with internal procedures.
Setup meeting with visiting university groups
Planing education fair attendance for my assistant in China and review his reports
Planning my own trips to China, Vietnam, Hong Kong etc.
Update our marketing material.
Student problem solving.
Coordinate with other department for partnership setting up and credits transferring.

Good job for long term to raise a family .
Challenging to teach variety of experience in students.
Art Instructor (Former Employee), Welland, ONAugust 18, 2013
Pros: good pay, make friends
Cons: bringing own equipment to class
Plan lesson starting with a demonstration and subject. Then figure out how to approach teaching individually. Hardest part of job waskeeping the lessons in order so as not to be confusing.