NIAGARA COLLEGE Employee Reviews

busy
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON5 July 2017
Fun, being a resident advisor you get to make friends and meet so many different people when coming into college. It makes it easier to be known around the residence.
High Energy environment
Instructor (CP/CPA Programs) (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON16 May 2017
Exciting and rewarding environment to work in.
Wonderful young energy in a learning environment.
Very supportive working and learning environment.
Enjoy being a member of the Database Curriculum Committee.
Pros
Exciting environment
Cons
Long Work Hours
Amazing school
Student (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON3 April 2017
Great school!!! Everyone here is soooooooo nice, i recommend this college over any college in the country! They are very diverse and friendly and its just amazing.
I recommend Niagara College for students
Student Campus Patrol Watch (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON4 March 2017
Police Foundations program taught me a lot of information regarding law and prepared me for my future. I recommend Niagara College Welland campus for all students.
Good Experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON5 January 2017
Great place to start if trying to get into any law enforcement positions. Friendly environment and not difficult to pick up quickly. Great staff and lots of support.
Wonderful College
Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON4 January 2017
I did a co-op placement here as part of my program. I enjoyed the people, I learned a lot of job skills and got the necessary experience required to get my foot in the door. It was a good, positive experience.
Peer Tutoring (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON16 December 2016
This job is a great job to start off with if what you would like to do is teach. Beware of some students that just sign up for tutoring so the tutor can provide all the answers though.
Good work culture
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON11 September 2016
Good place to work and grow, with excellent natural beauty. Work culture was decent, my job was mainly centered towards individual aspect. Management could be better.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON4 May 2016
Taught students courses and information to be success in college. Help students achieve successful grades and progress throughout the year
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Not enough hours
Learned a ton
ITS Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON4 May 2016
My program at Niagara was one of the hardest Niagara offers. I learned about the in and outs of networks and the future of electronics. Can't wait to apply these skills
not a good place for teaching!
Professor : Culinary Innovation & Food Technolog (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON1 March 2016
Very bad work culture! the Food and Wine Institute was definitely not an academic environment. It was more of cooperation. program char of that time was pressuring to influence the students marks and pass or fails instead of encouraging better supports.
not a right fit
User Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Welland Campus10 February 2016
After working in the private sector for 30 years, going to the educational sector was a culture shock. The fit wasn't right for me so I took a early retirement.
Pros
good hours. lots of vacation time
Cons
difficult to get motivated.
great experience
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON29 October 2015
excellent experience at the college. learnt a lot from the college, loved studying there. made lots of friends and gained much knowledge there . studied there 2 years and it benefited a lot. cooperative and intelligent teachers, helped in every difficulty.
Pros
teaching place
Cons
burden of assignments
Great place to work, with great people
Athletic Centre Attendant (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON13 October 2015
Working with Niagara college was one of the most enjoyable jobs i have had. Would love to work there again. I learned a lot about about fitness and healthy living
Challenging and Educational
Events Assistant (Former Employee) –  Welland1 October 2015
The data management, extensive details, and teamwork that Niagara College's Foundation Department does on a regular basis is a remarkable standard that I believe all events and companies should follow. From data collection, event day execution, teardown, and post event debrief, they truly set the bar of excellence in all avenues.
Employee friendly
free lunches
good medical benefits
great management team
great learning opportunities
Pros
Free lunches
Great place to learn
Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON16 July 2015
I have nothing bad to say about Niagara College. The people who helped me broaden my knowledge of the broadcast industry are great role models and people who I want to model my life after.
Offers a well rounded program regarding to the electrical field
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON27 June 2015
The program touches upon many subjects within the electrical field such as: AC/DC fundamentals, power systems, digital systems, PLC`s, motors and motor drives controls, and electronics.
Fitness Facility
Fitness Facility Employee (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON12 May 2015
Arriving to Niagara College Fitness Center was a relaxing and enjoyable experience. I learned to supervise individuals, attend to safety hazards, conduct facility tours while answering students Fitness and Health questions. Management was always easy to work with and flexible when requested. Working alone was a common occurrence however all the individuals employed at the Fitness Facility were responsible and helpful. The hardest part of the job was ensuring no injuries occurred during shift, this required constant monitoring and spotting individuals performing exercises which can be risky. I enjoyed everything about this job, it was a wonderful place to work.
Great environment helping Student-Athletes perform in sport and school
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON3 April 2015
Going to practice, to develop athletes
having training sessions with individuals to improve specific needs
watching a lot of game film to understand what needs to be addressed at practice
Lots of hours outside of practice to help develop the team to have a winning culture
Ensure all students are performing correctly academically
working with a great staff and a great head coach
the office personal are very supportive
toughest part of the job would be time managing all of the different things needing to be done in short time periods
best part is having a second family among the varsity team