Niagara Catholic District School Board Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work! Love my job
Secretary to Consultants (Current Employee), Welland, ONNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Great staff as well as great team work!
Cons: Only a ten month position
Love my job however it is a 10 month position and I am looking for a 12 month position. My co-workers are a delight to work with. If the opportunity is right I would relocate.

My current job consists of various duties including working closely with students, management, superintendents of education, principals, and the Ministry of Education on various projects and reports. My workday is different each and every day, full of challenges and accomplishments which make it the most enjoyable part of the job.
great place
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee), Welland, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: nutritious food program
Cons: cant think of any
fair friendly and nice facilities..staff are great. Welcoming and work as a team for the best outcome for the children in our classes
A Spiritual life journey.
Teacher (Current Employee), St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, WellandSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: spirit
Cons: 6 week contracts
I love what I do, only wish I could create programs to help some needy students!
Productive and Educational
Teacher (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 17, 2013
A very enriched learning environment with staff and students.
Winery Sales Associate
Occasional Teacher (Current Employee), Niagara RegionMarch 11, 2013
Pros: very busy, day goes fast, nice people, fun job, always learning
Cons: 1/2 hour drive to work
When I arrive at work, I see if there are any customers that need to be greeted or helped with purchases (bagging and/or cashing out) or winery information. I find out if there are any specific promotions going on. I check to see if the tasting bar needs dirty glasses to go to the back if any restocking needs to be done (glasses, cases of wine, grape seed oil, From May until October help with bus tours by giving tours and hosting or helping in the hospitality room, or cleaning up after a tour. I love learning new things and helping people chose a wine that they enjoy.

The best part about working at the winery is that people are there by choice and are interested in learning about the wine industry and are in a good mood.
An on-going productive workplace, with positive rewards.
Cooperative Education Facilitator (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJuly 7, 2012
Pros: supportive co-workers
Cons: our adult -ed contracts are only per module or term (7 weeks)
Typical day at work is meeting with students, counsellors, and my co-workers as a team, discussing the future interests of each individual I have on my co-op list. In between that I contact employers to place students in their area of interest.
In the past 17 years as a co-op teacher I have learned so many areas in the work world such as hairdressing,foods and hospitality,auto body,Personal Support Workers..the list goes on. My management team are very positive and very supportive.
The hardest part of my job is receiving a phone call that a student has been injured.
Most rewarding part of my job is running into students I haven't heard from in years, and hearing their success stories.