Niagara Catholic District School Board

Niagara Catholic District School Board Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Educational
Teacher (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 17, 2013
A very enriched learning environment with staff and students.
Winery Sales Associate
Occasional Teacher (Current Employee), Niagara RegionMarch 11, 2013
Pros: very busy, day goes fast, nice people, fun job, always learning
Cons: 1/2 hour drive to work
When I arrive at work, I see if there are any customers that need to be greeted or helped with purchases (bagging and/or cashing out) or winery information. I find out if there are any specific promotions going on. I check to see if the tasting bar needs dirty glasses to go to the back if any restocking needs to be done (glasses, cases of wine, grape – more... seed oil, From May until October help with bus tours by giving tours and hosting or helping in the hospitality room, or cleaning up after a tour. I love learning new things and helping people chose a wine that they enjoy.

The best part about working at the winery is that people are there by choice and are interested in learning about the wine industry and are in a good mood. – less
An on-going productive workplace, with positive rewards.
Cooperative Education Facilitator (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJuly 7, 2012
Pros: supportive co-workers
Cons: our adult -ed contracts are only per module or term (7 weeks)
Typical day at work is meeting with students, counsellors, and my co-workers as a team, discussing the future interests of each individual I have on my co-op list. In between that I contact employers to place students in their area of interest.
In the past 17 years as a co-op teacher I have learned so many areas in the work world such as hairdressing,foods – more... and hospitality,auto body,Personal Support Workers..the list goes on. My management team are very positive and very supportive.
The hardest part of my job is receiving a phone call that a student has been injured.
Most rewarding part of my job is running into students I haven't heard from in years, and hearing their success stories. – less

Niagara Catholic District School Board Photos