Niagara Catholic District School Board Employee Reviews in Canada

Ok place for a part-time job, impossible to get full-time
Substitute Teacher 2010-2013, Current (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ONNovember 23, 2015
It's ok for a part-time job, but it is impossible to get full-time unless you are a department manager.

Because of the union, it's impossible to grab a ton of extra shifts by showing initiative and a good work ethic.

Depending on the department, you are only given a few hours a week when starting out so that you can pay the union dues.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Retail, poor pay, no full-time
great place
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONNovember 2, 2015
fair friendly and nice facilities..staff are great. Welcoming and work as a team for the best outcome for the children in our classes
Pros
nutritious food program
Cons
cant think of any
A Spiritual life journey.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, WellandSeptember 3, 2013
I love what I do, only wish I could create programs to help some needy students!
Pros
spirit
Cons
6 week contracts
Productive and Educational
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONApril 17, 2013
A very enriched learning environment with staff and students.
Winery Sales Associate
Occasional Teacher (Current Employee) –  Niagara RegionMarch 11, 2013
When I arrive at work, I see if there are any customers that need to be greeted or helped with purchases (bagging and/or cashing out) or winery information. I find out if there are any specific promotions going on. I check to see if the tasting bar needs dirty glasses to go to the back if any restocking needs to be done (glasses, cases of wine, grape seed oil, From May until October help with bus tours by giving tours and hosting or helping in the hospitality room, or cleaning up after a tour. I love learning new things and helping people chose a wine that they enjoy.

The best part about working at the winery is that people are there by choice and are interested in learning about the wine industry and are in a good mood.
Pros
very busy, day goes fast, nice people, fun job, always learning
Cons
1/2 hour drive to work
An on-going productive workplace, with positive rewards.
Cooperative Education Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJuly 7, 2012
Typical day at work is meeting with students, counsellors, and my co-workers as a team, discussing the future interests of each individual I have on my co-op list. In between that I contact employers to place students in their area of interest.
In the past 17 years as a co-op teacher I have learned so many areas in the work world such as hairdressing,foods and hospitality,auto body,Personal Support Workers..the list goes on. My management team are very positive and very supportive.
The hardest part of my job is receiving a phone call that a student has been injured.
Most rewarding part of my job is running into students I haven't heard from in years, and hearing their success stories.
Pros
supportive co-workers
Cons
our adult -ed contracts are only per module or term (7 weeks)

4.6