Niagara Casinos Employee Reviews

Wonderful associates
Deli counter server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 September 2016
Working permanent mid nights takes a toll. Work load is unbelievable. Co workers were wonderful. Management not very informative. Customers were always great.
Benefits
Cons
Midnight shift
Evs
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Niagara falls18 March 2016
Didn't work there very long, I only managed a few shifts before I came down with Bronchitis. The Supervisors were for the most part rude and demanded to know how Long I was planning to have Bronchitis...
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Negative atmosphere at times
Best employer in Niagara Falls
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 November 2015
I've worked in two departments in Niagara Casinos, both department's associates been very friendly and welcoming.
The executive team members are very friendly and down to earth. Can easily have a conversation with them without feeling too pressured.
Nice lockers, change room and showers
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 April 2015
good pay
benefits
free work shoes
good vacation
bonus
nice view
multi cultural
nice lockers
change room
showers
security made me feel safe
Pros
the time off
Cons
like a factory
Plan, control and direct the purchasing and inventory control activities
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 March 2015
Fast pace environment, prioritize projects, interview vendors, learn about new innovative products and services that can optimize year end results for the company. Issue purchase orders, RFPs, RFIs, RFQs on a daily basis. Execute contracts. Build & keep a good relationship with outside customers as well as internal customers. Being busy, the interaction with vendors & departments and the end result that I achieved gives me a great joy to know what I have successfully done my job.
Pros
responsible to source & procure products & services for a vast amount of departments
Cons
trying to please everyone
Niagara Casinos
Manager, Corporate Planning & Operations Analysis (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON28 August 2014
Niagara Casinos operates two resort style casinos in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Fallsview Casino Resort and Casino Niagara. In addition slot machines and table games the properties also feature several food and beverage outlets, entertainment, a hotel, and retail stores.
Challenging yet rewarding
Casino Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 July 2014
I get up very early. Grab a timmies.
Start on the floor . Say Good morning to everyone.
First my counts , the chips ,cards, check the win loss, the staff, the players.
The hardest dealing the people that loose. I still feel for them even after all these years.
The most enjoyable part is the bonds that I have formed over the years.
Tough job, tough times
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 March 2014
So, I got to work, we start pre-shift we get stationed. We worked 2 hours before we get a break 3 breaks in an 8 and half hour shift. Not to bad right? Well, that's pretty much where it ends. I worked in a kitchen, 'nuff said. Hot, and sweaty and gross, getting no respect from anyone and no one cared.
My co-workers were great, except for most of my supervisors that is. Never helped, never taught the proper way to clean on mid-nights, and you always got in trouble for it! How fair is that?!
The hardest thing most of all, was the lack of empathy for you, if you were dealing with buckets and no one would help you, even if you asked, you just got in trouble for being to slow. Like, I'm a hard worker, I wish I was Superman, but I wasn't, so I just got in trouble all the time.
Great Company to Work For.
Non-Gaming Cashier (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 August 2013
The pros about this company are plentiful! Here are a few examples:
-The people you work with are mostly very friendly and happy to be there.
-The work you do doesn't easily stress you out, and you always have management or security to call if anything goes awry.
-The benefits for full-time and part-time workers are great.
-Always dealing with different patrons changes your day-to-day surrounding.
-They offer free parking on-site during the week, a fitness centre, discounted meals, and a variety of discounts at lots of companies for just being an associate.

The only cons that I truly have are:
-Fluctuating hours. Going from grave shift to swing shift a lot is hard on your body.
-When you are hired as contract, it is very hard to get part-time employment. Not good for job security.
Pros
fitness centre, on-site parking, discounted meals.
Cons
Fluctuating hours, not good job security.
Good place to work if you can handle uncommon shifts
Various Progressive Positions (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 October 2012
Good place to work but some shifts are a little odd, such as 4am start times