NHPC Employee Reviews

Nice workplace with polite people
Engineer (Electrical) (Former Employee) –  Kawardha, Chhattisgarh9 May 2016
Once I joined the company the very first thought came into my mind is, it would be difficult for me to do the job as field engineer but the second thought was I can learn so many things here. I enjoyed my work alot, meeting people in different village. The best part wast, I was always happy because I was there to electrified the villages where electricity was not there before and even I feel proud because I was there to give them what they haven't before.
Excellent work culture
Overall management (Former Employee) –  Kishtwar, Jammu and Kashmir23 November 2016
Enjoyed the work culture and opportunity to learned a lot about fiel experience as well as design and execution. Excellent salary, benefits, job security, excellent management.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Real future of Nation
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kishtwar, Jammu and Kashmir5 May 2016
Working in NHPC is a great experience. Work culture is good. But only issue is remote workplaces where people miss their family life.
Pros
Great salary and benefits.
Cons
remote locations.
learing center
from engineer to general manager (Former Employee) –  j&k, himachal pradesh, faridabed and uttranchal6 January 2016
My carrier has been both exciting as well as adventures though as on today i am a perfect hydro power engineer. the experience has taught me to manage my co workers especially during the time when i was working in the militancy areas of j & k.
productive and interactive
Dy Manager (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AS29 June 2013
Liaison job and administrative job.
I learned how to relate with the concerned people.
My senior management was good.
our co workers are good.
their was no hardest part of job.
I enjoyed job fully.
Pros
Free vehicles, telephone, residential house.
Cons
No fixed time for job
Finance and Fun with Learn Place
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE as Contract (Former Employee) –  ROING , ARUNACHAL PRADESH3 August 2012
It is very Big and Good Company , I prefer more by the Team Work at all the Section . The hardest part of the jobs is the preparation of Auditing for company every yearly .
Pros
no thing to free
Cons
work for long hour
Invaluable work experience
Chief (Geology) (Current Employee) –  Faridabad, HR, India16 August 2013
NHPC is a leading hydropower development company in India. It offers one of the best packages among all government owned companies. As we are involved in huge projects the exposure to various problems and interaction with experts in allied fields is invaluable. It has under one umbrella related but all specializations in engineering geology and geotechnics. For instance the investigation department has its own rock mechanics laboratory. State of the art techniques are applied in exploration.

While it is fun to work in NHPC, there are government procedures to be followed which slows down the work somewhat. This is annoying to many people but I feel that if your are very systematic there are no issues. However my personal feeling is that the company should diversify into more areas such as infrastructure and communication (road and railway) projects because it has a wealth of expertise.
Pros
Fringe benefits such as medical, job seciruty
Cons
Long goverment procedures can be sometimes annoying
FUN AREA
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Raipur, CT9 August 2012
JOB WITH FUN AND INTEREST I ULLFILL MY ALL JOB RESPONSIBILITY WITH IN TIME AN GOT APPRECIATION ALL TIME
Pros
free brekefast
Cons
regular helth checkup
hardwork and dedication
Design engineer- Internship Trainee (Former Employee) –  india12 March 2014
i learned how to work in hard environment and how to enhance your skills which will be useful in my future.
remote location of power station
Power Station In charge of 510 MW (Former Employee) –  SK28 July 2014
Very good salary and facilities but remoteness is main obstruction for personal development.
fun work place
Engineer Electrical (Former Employee) –  Rayagada, OR24 September 2013
I learn about Re job. great co workers. every body do friendly behave.