Nexus Staffing Employee Reviews

Terrible Agency to work with.
Meat Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario8 November 2016
Overall it's so terrible and the only good thing about Nexus is the hourly pay. Here are my reasons why I personally think it's bad:

- When you call the agency, it's really unorganized.
- They will screw you over with your paycheck and your hours, for example I got told to come in on a Monday, Friday and when I went, my name wasn't even on the schedule and I got sent home. When I called them back, they said they "don't remember" calling me. I didn't even get paid the 4 hours for going there.
- The co workers at my former work would yell at you all the time even for no reason with attitude. They overall treat you really bad.

I hated it and I'm happy that I'm not there anymore.
Pros
Free food givaways. good pay, cold environment
Cons
Disrespectful co workers, Unorganized, super fast paced
Excellent for Quick fixes
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 June 2016
Nexus is a staffing agency which means that companies pay Nexus to have a certain number of bodies to help them for a given time period. This means that Nexus does not have control over weather or not you work at a specific placement, but if you continue to ask for work they will almost always have it for you. Showing up on time and simply following instructions at a decent pace will put you in the good books at most of the placements and if there is anything you should know before going to the job (hot environment, required glasses, work boots) Nexus sends you an email with all the details.

Some companies use Nexus as a recruiting partner which means that after a certain amount of time the company paying Nexus to have you there will offer you a job usually at a higher pay. I was offered two jobs through Nexus after working at different placements which were happy with my work (I only chose one though).
Pros
Extreme amounts of flexibility (most of the time), They usually have options of workplaces
Cons
No guarantees there will be work, Sometimes you need to be pushy if you need work
Incompetent staff . Company has no interest in workers just placing
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga9 February 2016
One of the worst employment agencies with indifferent perfunctory lazy staff that do little except answer phones. Non productive like the workers they exploit for doing nothing. If picking up a phone answering it is a service because people need work and companies need workers is real work then they must be deluded. Honestly, wit was far better before these parasite agencies and worst of all Nexus came on the scene to exploit working people for doing absolutely nothing but making money off your hard work
Pros
Not many because thanks to parasites like Nexus workers have less security and are exploited
Cons
Nexus could care less about finding you a long term contract just money for them off your hard work
Worst place ever
mig welder (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON3 January 2016
If your a female trying to get ahead in this male world. Don't look here for a welding position, the managers an HR do nothing about men harassing you. I had a very bad experience also when it came time they let me go, they would not allow me to come pick up my belongings. Also they still have not sent me my things I paid for. All togeather a bad job for a female welder.
Pros
Some people are nice
Cons
Not very long break
making wire
Forklift operator/ material handler (Current Employee) –  joih;lkjmlk;jilkj3 January 2016
every holiday you work you have to call in to make sure you get paid and when there's a issue in the warehouse supervisor just said it is what it is.... like what does that mean.
the best part of the day is when you go home
Pros
.......... sometime we have a bbq
Cons
dont follow the labour or saftey laws make up own work place rules
Staffing Specialist
Recruiter- Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2015
In bound- out bound calls
reviewing resumes
conducting interviews
filling our clients needs
computer skills
phone skills
Staffing Specialist
Staffing Specialist/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke Ontario2 March 2015
I worked for Nexus Staffing for 3 years and it was a very positive place to work. I learned a great deal on recruiting and interviewing staff as well as dealing with different clients and helping them find positive and qualified workers.
Consistant work but they move you around alot so its not very steady work
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Multiple Places12 March 2013
this work place provides consistent work sometimes but does move you around from company to company does not keep you at a job long enough for them to consider hiring on