Supports senior licensing staff on activities related to environmental due diligence and on obtaining environmental approvals, licenses and permits for construction and operation of new and existing facilities from national, regional and local agencies in Canada. Assists with the company's conformance to all regulatory requirements and with environmental construction compliance assurance. Provides the necessary support to senior staff and management as needed to resolve environmental matters.
The job location for this position is in NextEra Energy Canada's Toronto office reporting to Juno Environmental Services. Routine travel to project locations in Canada and occasional travel to the Juno Beach, Florida headquarters is required.
- Bachelor's Degree Required; Environmental Science or Engineering preferred
- 2-3 years of relevant experience, or 1-2 years with a Master’s Degree in relevant field
- Independent and organized
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft software
- Able to communicate throughout all levels of the organization
- Able to negotiate effectively with agencies
- Able to travel and work extended hours
Indeed - 7 months ago
NextEra Energy, Inc. is a leading clean energy company with 2009 revenues of more than $15 billion, nearly 43,000 megawatts of generating...