POSITION TITLE: Corporate Controller
THE COMPANY: Our client is a multinational organization delivering integrated real estate services to their clients and partners.
REPORTS TO: VP Finance
OVERVIEW: The Corporate Controller is a key member of the management team. The individual will drive both financial, operational reporting, and quality assurance across all contracts. This position is the prime contact for all Contract Controllers on significant financial, performance, and reporting issues.
- Manage day to day financial and accounting activities such as A/R, A/P, payroll, and other tasks
- Responsible for both operational and corporate accounting activities
- Deal with and prepare audit working papers for external audits
- Assist with strategic business and policy decisions
- Recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and company profits
- Build and manage an effective team
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- University degree, but MBA would be considered an asset
- One of CA, CGA, or CMA designations
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of relevant experience
- Excellent business management and development skills
- Excellent at planning and organizing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong software applications skills
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
COMPENSATION: competitive six figure salary and bonus package
BENEFITS: Comprehensive benefit package
NEXTalent is a real estate, property facilities and retail recruitment firm. We work in partnership with our clients and candidates to ensure both parties are successful in the human capital arena. Working with many of the best real estate and retail companies in Canada, our difference is in our knowledge and understanding of the industries, the roles at all levels of the organizations and an understanding of the current and future conditions of this sector. For more information on NEXTalent, please visit www.nextalent.ca and follow us on twitter @nextalent.