Type of Industry: ENGINEERING
Nearest Major Intersection: Mississauga Area
Position Title: Engineering Editorial Assistant
Number of Position(s) Available: 1
Summary of Duties:
Due to our continued growth, we are currently looking to expand our Digital Media team. We are seeking a recent graduate of an engineering program to assist with the research, writing, and social media promotion of engineering stories.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Research the engineering subjects as directed by the Managing Editor.
- Identify the top blogs, web sites, Youtube channels and other sources for relevant and compelling stories and set up RSS feeds.
- Create and post articles every day that summarize or reflect on these stories. Note that re-posting a video is a valuable way to deliver content.
- Ensure that each post has a suitable image displayed.
- Connect with other bloggers through Twitter, commenting on their blogs or Linkedin or through other social media. Build content trading arrangements (formal or informal) whereby they promote our content and vice versa.
- Build a social media following through Twitter, Linkedin and other social media. Encourage and respond to comments on website.
- Create a regular email newsletter from the content. Encourage subscription to the newsletter through regular communication to the audience.
- This job will appeal to an engineer who has a passion for and is highly skilled in English technical writing.
- In addition to the experience gained in the publishing field, the successful candidate should be able to build their reputation in the engineering fields that they cover.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage day-to-day tasks
- Demonstrated top-notch communication/interpersonal skills (verbal/written)
- Proficient in MS Office with expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
STUFF THAT’S NOT ON A RESUME
- High energy and enthusiastic, with solid administrative and time management skills
- A real “go getter” with a commitment to quality/excellence
- Mature, honest and hard working, yet light hearted
- You love “the details” and are well known among your peers for dotting your “i”s and crossing your “t”s
- A self-motivated and highly driven individual who takes ownership/accountability for your performance
- You’re a team player, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and your passion for success is contagious
- A believer in digital media, where it is today and where it’s going
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- The opportunity to be part of a company at the cutting edge of the digital media industry; you’ll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment
- The opportunity to work with other talented and awesome people!
- Between 15 – 29 years old (under 18 must meet specific criteria)
- Not participating in full-time training or education
- Residents of Ontario