Next-Steps Employment Centre - Meadowvale – Mississauga, ON
Next-Steps Employment Centre is currently assisting with the pre-screening of candidates for a Full time Maintenance Worker – Summer Job Opportunity
Applying for this position you will need to come into our centre located in Mississauga to partake in our pre-screening interview process
PLEASE QUOTE JOB ORDER NUMBER “BR 6" when applying
Summary of Duties:
Assists to perform maintenance duties to the interior of buildings as directed such as:
- Making minor repairs to heating, cooling, non-electrical ventilating, and plumbing systems.
- Laying flooring and ceiling tiles; erects and paints drywalls and t-bar ceilings.
- Fitting and installing trim items, such as doors, stairs, molding and hardware.
- Repairing or replacing items in rental units that need fixing such as ceiling tiles and locks.
- Moving heavy furniture, equipment and supplies when required.
Assists to perform maintenance duties to the exterior of buildings as directed such as:
- Making repairs or improvements to the exteriors of buildings such as power washing building acades, repairing driveways, or patching cement.
- Operating power mowers, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws and other landscape maintenance equipment.
- Weather permitting, landscaping properties such as planting flowers, fertilizing, pruning shrubs and trees and other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments.
- Performing other maintenance duties to the exterior of buildings.
- Keeping roofs of all buildings free of garbage.
- Maintains and safeguards all tools and equipment required to perform duties.
- A minimum of two years of related experience
- High School Diploma
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good ability to communicate effectively: Speaks, listens and writes in a clear manner using appropriate communication methods.
- Good ability to foster teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to set goals and resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Good problem-solving skills: Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers
and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and/ or resolves the problem.
- Ability to work independently.
- Works in a changing environment from indoors to outdoors, alternating buildings.
- Works a standard work week of 40 hours and may be required from time to time to work extra hours.
Type of Industry: Building Maintenance
Location : Wolfdale and Burnhamthorpe
Hours of Work: Work Schedule to be determined.
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Monday – Friday) Full time
Rate of Pay: $ 17.00/Hour