Next-Steps Employment Centre is currently assisting with the pre-screening of candidates for BR-007 Machine Operator.
Applying for this position? If your resume is selected you will need to come into our centre located in Mississauga to partake in our pre-screening interview process.
Posting Date: April 16, 2014
Application Deadline: ASAP
Type of Industry: Manufacturing & Production
Location: Near Pearson Airport
Position Title: Machine Operator
Number of Position(s) Available: Several
Shifts Available: 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am
Rate of Pay: $12-14/hr. (plus shift premium)
Summary of Duties: Disassemble electronic devices and prepare electronic waste for further processing by one of our downstream processors.
- 5 years previous work experience on heavy equipment, shredders machines, conveyors, and mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge or certified with Lockout/tagout
- Knowledge with Confined Space
- Mechanically inclined
- Previous supervisory experience required and able to direct 5 to 8 people
- Must be willing to work all 3 shifts.
- This is a general manufacturing type setting with elevated noise, dust, and heat in the summer
- Overtime and weekend shifts available occasionally
- Consistent attendance and punctuality
- Able to speak and read English comfortably
- Can work safely and quickly with the variety of occupational hazards on site
- Able to work non-rotating 8 hour shifts, midnights, afternoons and days. Midnight shift is preferred.
- Develop familiarity with and ensure compliance with Health & Safety, company policies and procedures as they pertain to facility operations and equipment usage and operation.
- The employee will be dependable, self-starting, motivated, team-oriented individuals with a steady work history and some industrial experience.
- Perform special projects upon request.
- CSA Approved Metal Free safety shoes required
How to apply:
- Please quote Job Order Number “BR-007” on subject line.
- We thank all interested candidates but only those who meet the employer criteria will be contacted.
Indeed - 11 months ago