Senior Web Application Engineer/Full Stack Developer
Nexstaf - Toronto, ON

This job posting is no longer available on Indeed. Find similar jobs: Nexstaf jobs

Are you the best Senior Web Applications? Are you ready for the most exciting and challenging opportunity of your career? Do you have a passion for software development that sets the standard and that other programmers look up to for well-designed, implemented, tested, documented and robust code? If you want to work for a cutting edge company, that is well funded, thrives on being the leader innovation for digital marketing and you desire to be a part of a dynamic engineering team, this is the opportunity to for you!

Title: Senior Web Applications Engineer
Location: Toronto, ON (GTA WEST)
Salary Range: $90,000 - $100,000

Accountability & Duties:
Working on consumer facing web applications - we have millions of monthly users, so your impact on user experience and driving innovation in the retail technology space will be quite large
You will get a chance to touch both front and back end side of our product. With more focus on Front-end Development (70%) and some Back-end Development work (30%)
This will be primarily a development role with some design (UI/UX) components. The coding will likely take up 80% of your time with the other 20% focused on design specific tasks
Write application front-end code in Javascript and HTML5/CSS3 (back-end is mySQL, Rails) - we are the technical leaders in our segment and are open to using an array of technologies to get the job done
We are also investing heavily in mobile - you'll have a lot of projects that incorporate responsive web design
You will be responsible for integration and development of some critical parts of our leading edge retail software platform. Millions of consumers use our technology on a daily basis
Solving difficult programming challenges, finding more efficient ways to code and working as a team to roll out new versions are just some of the daily activities you’ll encounter
Implement new features with usability and performance in mind
Be instrumental in building and implementing the pages and tools that allow us to communicate with our customers and potential customers
Ability to manage multiple cases at once and keep your team updated on what’s going on
Working within an Agile environment, we pride ourselves on quickly innovating and improving our software, so we can serve our retail clients better
Learning new technology. We are doing things that haven’t been done in the market, sometimes that means learning new languages or researching ways to solve interesting problems - being efficient, scalable and writing clean code are high on our list
Actively participate in the engineering and design process
Debug software problems and implement fixes in a timely manner
Assist our Operations team in resolving internal and external customer related problems

We’re looking for people possessing the following traits and skills:

Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or equivalent
3+ years of web applications software development experience - with expert knowledge in Javascript, HTML5 and CSS3. You take pride in standards-compliant, clean, reusable code and following industry best practices, and are completely fluent in cross-browser issues
Experience in either Ruby on Rails, Python or Java/C/C++ preferred - We are open to programmers in different languages, our goal is to hire smart programmers who can learn and have a great track record of launching successful projects
Experience working with JQuery and other JavaScript libraries and other web-app frameworks
Knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
Strong design sense, with a portfolio demonstrating a variety of work in different styles
Familiarity with OOD, MVC and Agile methodologies are desired but not mandatory
Previous experience working on large data sets is preferred and programming best practices
Able to learn quickly and easily adapt to a wide variety of programming challenges
Excellent communication skills - you have a way with words & can connect easily with others
You take a leadership role on tasks assigned to you and work really well as part of a team
A passion for constant improvement - always looking to do things better (both personally, as part of a team and for the company)
A problem solver with a positive attitude and excellent relationship management skills
You’re a self-starter, highly effective working independently and within a team


Indeed - 13 months ago - save job - copy to clipboard - block