A global energy leader with an exciting future
Nexen Inc. is an upstream oil and gas company responsibly developing energy resources in some of the world's most significant basins, including the UK North Sea, offshore West Africa, the Gulf of Mexico and Western Canada. We're strategically focused on three businesses: conventional oil and gas, oil sands, and shale gas.
Nexen is big enough to provide you with boundless career opportunities, and small enough so you get recognized for your work. Our high standards of integrity and governance have earned us a global reputation for valuing the big picture: people, safety and the environment.
Why work for Nexen in the Oil Sands?
Because you value innovation and seek opportunity.
Nexen's Long Lake SAGD facility is at the cutting edge of Canada's dynamic oil sands industry. Tap into your spirit of adventure - join us as we put innovative ideas to work to get the most energy out of every barrel. We've assembled a great team of people who enjoy working together and supporting each other. Our employees are also very active as volunteers in the community, and we support their efforts. Your contributions are rewarded with a highly competitive compensation package, a healthy work-life balance, and training that will open doors to your future.
This is a Fort McMurray based position; therefore relocation is required. We offer highly competitive housing/rental assistance programs to all successful candidates.
We are looking for a senior rotating equipment engineer for this position to provide a high level of competence, but also to provide mentorship for a junior engineer. As a part of the Engineering Team the Rotating Equipment specialist sets up, optimizes, monitors and provides oversight of: rotating equipment programs such as Vibration, Lubrication, Basic Care, Inspections, Turnaround plans, Reliability, Spare Part Management, Key Supplier Relationships; all with maintenance input in a cost effective, efficient and sustainable manner.
- Increase uptime of rotating equipment, maximize reliability & availability, and minimize life cycle costs and production downtime;
- Work collaboratively with Operations and Maintenance and are key drivers in assisting each of these departments meeting their rotating equipment objectives;
- Review daily health of rotating equipment; investigating unusual conditions utilizing PIMS, System 1, EMonitor and other tools to determine process and operating conditions and limits;
- Proactively help resolve rotating equipment failures using problem solving, troubleshooting, and failure analysis techniques;
- Develop, document, implement and communicate Rotating Equipment Operating Limits;
- Analyze rotating equipment trends & historical data, SAP work histories and recommend improvements and/or upgrades to achieve lowest life cycle cost;
- Act as focal point for repair of rotating machinery; provide technical support to machine shops, field personnel during equipment outages, repairs and start ups;
- Quality and Integrity assurance for execution of rotating equipment activities;
- To liaise with suppliers and equipment manufacturers to ensure the equipment is manufactured and tested in accordance with project requirements;
- To interact with vendors/suppliers to assess and consider enhanced technologies and products.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering and registration with APEGGA;
- Minimum of eight years plant site experience in an operating Upgrader, oil refinery or similar hydrocarbon industry is mandatory. Other industrial site experience will be considered.
- Minimum 8 to 12 years' relevant experience refining, petrochemicals, oil and gas, and SAGD industries;
- Experience in assessment and scope development for major maintenance overhauls of rotating equipment;
- Experience implementing reliability program elements and specifically predictive maintenance activities such as vibration;
- Experience with both an engineering contractor and an owner/operator would be preferable;
- Well versed in statutory regulations, industry standards, and recommended practices with a practical sense in the application of those codes and standards;
- Excellent planning and execution drive to deliver results and meet safety, quality, cost, and schedule targets;
- Ability to work on a series of projects in parallel;
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, management, and leadership skills.
Visit our website at www.nexeninc.com/careers to start the application process.
The internal job code for this position is 3903 if required.
No agency or telephone inquiries please.
Only resumes of candidates being considered will be acknowledged.
This posting will clost on May 26, 2013.